• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bzprpg News And Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41464 replies to this topic

#40561 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,422 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 10:30 AM

You guys will probably like it if a battle starts in Ta-Koro.

It'll be a really, really fun time when our plans come to fruition, won't it Dov?

#40562 Offline Willy Brandt

Willy Brandt
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,770 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 10:32 AM

You guys will probably like it if a battle starts in Ta-Koro.

It'll be a really, really fun time when our plans come to fruition, won't it Dov?

[color=rgb(178,34,34);]Aye. It will.[/color]

[color=rgb(178,34,34);]-Dovydas[/color]

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

"All I know is I'll be playing it because it's awesome. And that's about all that really matters." - Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Without a doubt, worth every post.

So like three if you're me." - The Doc

"Despite nobody mentioning me specifically at all in their speechy thingy even though I'm a good friend of all three staff members (or so I thought </3), GoMN is still an objectively good game and should be voted for. Alongside Spirits of the Ice, because, well, y'know. #shamless plug" -Kal Grochi

#40563 Offline Alex Turner

Alex Turner
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,598 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 10:38 AM

Don't worry, we have the element of surprise. Just send in a small strike force to sneak behind enemy lines - they'd never expect just a few dudes to attack an army of Rahkshi because they'd be killed instantly. So it would be a fairly short surprise. Forget surprise.

Arctic-Monkeys-Blog-Banner.jpg

But that place on memory lane you liked still looks the same / But something 'bout it's changed

#40564 Offline Makuta Almanax

Makuta Almanax
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 440 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 11:32 AM

Yawelp, I had to choose which path to take with Lito. I like the notion that he could have had a different destiny had he decided to follow his devotion for the Matoran. Makes me think of a YuGiOh card that had that sort of story (forget which on though). Thentyle will, assuming someone stops him eventually, be restored to his good self. Litozen is now on an evil path for life. muahaha. 

I have to admit the sudden "whisk in and save the De-Matoran" thing seemed a bit...sudden to me. I was expecting a bit more of a fuss for such a matter. Oh well. 

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters: 
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics)                         SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth)                        MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)                      

#40565 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,868 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 01:26 PM

Sorry. ^^;

“Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten.”
-Cree Indian Prophecy

Dear everyone who feels proud to be an American:
Always remember, the "land of the free" was stolen from people who still await their freedom to this day.

"Even shadows can shine if given the chance." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the feral Toa, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Suran, Yaddrokk, Shadd, Priicu - BZPRPG Characters

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!

#40566 Online Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,225 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 02:38 PM

I can't wait until the arc ends, the army just disappears, and you all find out that you've been...

Posted Image

Rahkrolled.

...The things I do for love.

-TylerxNuju

Edited by Dallas Winston, May 02 2013 - 02:38 PM.

~who is this sassy delight getting reported so much~

#40567 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,920 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 02:40 PM

The above makes me wonder...if the plot ends, then what will happen to the Rahkshi? Disappear? No fun.

#40568 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 1,703 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 02:43 PM

It's assumed that they'll go wild and we'll have to deal with whatever consequences that entails.

quetzalbanner01.jpg

#40569 Offline Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,839 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 02:55 PM

Hopefully, they'll be allowed to become playable species. Heavily depowered, though.

709px Rob rhaegar winterfell (200x169)

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles

Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Junyaus-Larikon Torchbearer-Jorruk YokinMons Shajs-Senavysh Angavur-Vulunos-Shivada-Sukot urn Voyuk

The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an

#40570 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,422 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hopefully, they'll be allowed to become playable species.

This would be literally the worst thing ever.

#40571 Offline Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,839 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:14 PM

It was done before the reboot. The Rahkshi were Toa-level in power and were relatively common. The RPG wasn't destroyed by dozens of Rahkshi players.

I maintain my view that depowered Rahkshi would make a cool addition.

Edited by Mr. House, May 02 2013 - 03:14 PM.

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles

Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Junyaus-Larikon Torchbearer-Jorruk YokinMons Shajs-Senavysh Angavur-Vulunos-Shivada-Sukot urn Voyuk

#40572 Offline Mr. Coffee

Mr. Coffee
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 237 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:20 PM

Meh, I think freeing the rahkshi as playable race is pointless since you can just have an evil Toa instead. Consider the rahkshi can't even speak, that would be fun playing. Not. And the kraata powers aren't that much either.

@ The Snark Knight: I had Tohi interact with Liara, just send me a memo if I should mind my own bussiness xP You need to free up some messenger space man...

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

#40573 Offline Elrond of Rivendell

Elrond of Rivendell
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,447 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:20 PM

Hopefully, they'll be allowed to become playable species.

This would be literally the worst thing ever.

Use Rahkshi, the answer for everything.

Side effects include:

-Headaches (From the screaming)

-Loss of breath (From a God-modding player squeezing your throat)

-Exhaustion (Hunger)

-Thoughts of Suicide (Fear/anger)

-inability to stay awake

-Heart trouble

-Anger

-Depression

-Death...

:P

In other words, just no.

-Elrond

Edited by Elrond of Rivendell, May 02 2013 - 03:21 PM.

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

#40574 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,920 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:22 PM

Yeah, well you can hiss.IMO I don't think much about it, but it sounds pretty cool.

#40575 Offline Toa K

Toa K
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 637 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:23 PM

Slightly off-topic but I just realized that General Moderator and god-modder are both GM. Coincidence?

Me playing MNOG: Aw poor Taipu. First he has to do double work then he's kidnapped. And poor Maku. She gets quarantined for saving her village.

Me playing MNOG II: CURSE YOU TAIPU! DIE DIE DIE! GRR, STOP SCORING! MACKU, YOU CAN'T BLOCK ANYTHING! YOU'RE FIRED!

The Legend of the Bionicle...Toys. My comedy. Give it a read. It's only $9.99(free if you give a USEFUL comment) and it has free ice cream. End shameless advertising.
(Ice cream does not apply if you live in North America, South America, Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia, or Antartica)

Link

#40576 Offline Elrond of Rivendell

Elrond of Rivendell
  • Members

• 1,447 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:24 PM

Slightly off-topic but I just realized that General Moderator and god-modder are both GM. Coincidence?

Yes.

One pretends to be a god, and the other is one.

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

#40577 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,568 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:29 PM

Meh, I think freeing the rahkshi as playable race is pointless since you can just have an evil Toa instead. Consider the rahkshi can't even speak, that would be fun playing. Not. And the kraata powers aren't that much either.

@ The Snark Knight: I had Tohi interact with Liara, just send me a memo if I should mind my own bussiness xP You need to free up some messenger space man...

Yeah, I saw, just been a bit slow about getting a reply up. And I'll see about clearing some of that clutter.

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#40578 Offline Makuta Almanax

Makuta Almanax
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 440 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:32 PM

I also think playable Rahkshi would suck, even/especially with powered-down versions. I think it would work better to keep them as a threatening NPC race. Besides, wouldn't a playable Rahkshi technically be a playable kraata instead? Those things would need to be majorly toned down when you consider even their most basic powers. It's just not worth it. Stick with evil Toa, at least then we're still superpowered bad guys.

#40579 Offline Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,839 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:32 PM

Players gave Rahkshi the abiltity to speak pre-reboot. And I think players are creative enough to come up with reasons why they speak Matoran in the future.

And as for the aforementioned potential Rahkshi power abuse, keep in mind these Rahkshi would be depowered to Toa level. For reasons why Rahkshi would be cool playable race, think about the possibilities. You could have a Rahkshi fighting for good, or a Rahkshi gangster. And plus, being a Rahkshi you'd have access to powers that are not available to Toa or Skakdi.

Edited by Mr. House, May 02 2013 - 03:35 PM.

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles

#40580 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,920 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:33 PM

Playable Kraata? Not really. It's not eat it is that matters, it's what it does(and looks like).

#40581 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:37 PM

Okay, I just joined this. Have the Rahkshi actually attacked any of the Koros yet, or are they just outside the walls, preparing to attack?

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#40582 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,568 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:38 PM

Players gave Rahkshi the abiltity to speak pre-reboot. And I think players are creative enough to come up with reasons why they speak Matoran in the future.

And as for the aforementioned potential Rahkshi power abuse, keep in mind these Rahkshi would be depowered to Toa level. For reasons why Rahkshi would be cool playable race, think about the possibilities. You could have a Rahkshi fighting for good, or a Rahkshi gangster. And plus, being a Rahkshi you'd have access to powers that are not available to Toa or Skakdi.

It is worth mentioning that one of the reason things were changed from pre-reboot standards is because there were so many ludicrous species, and overpowered characters. Like lots and lots of Toa Inika from another universe on a mission from Mata Nui. Or the original Valkyr. Or the many Rahkshi. Or the Makutas. Or the Toa of Psionics.

I could continue, but I think I've made my point.

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#40583 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,920 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:38 PM

Okay, I just joined this. Have the Rahkshi actually attacked any of the Koros yet, or are they just outside the walls, preparing to attack?

Outside the villages. Like, surrounding them, and waiting for something to happen.

Edited by Takua Dragonstar7, May 02 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#40584 Offline Mr. Coffee

Mr. Coffee
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 237 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:40 PM

I tried to join pre re-boot, but at the time I didn't because the game was jsut too ###### confusing :) With all the magic stuff (xa-koro was it?), i think this would be the same mistake

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

#40585 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,868 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:41 PM

Trizvan is mute. He's fun. Mostly because he's unique. Or close to it, I don't know of any other mutes.

“Only after the last tree has been cut down,
Only after the last river has been poisoned,
Only after the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten.”
-Cree Indian Prophecy

Dear everyone who feels proud to be an American:
Always remember, the "land of the free" was stolen from people who still await their freedom to this day.

"Even shadows can shine if given the chance." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the feral Toa, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Suran, Yaddrokk, Shadd, Priicu - BZPRPG Characters

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!

#40586 Offline Toa K

Toa K
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 637 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:43 PM

Just waiting

Me playing MNOG: Aw poor Taipu. First he has to do double work then he's kidnapped. And poor Maku. She gets quarantined for saving her village.

Me playing MNOG II: CURSE YOU TAIPU! DIE DIE DIE! GRR, STOP SCORING! MACKU, YOU CAN'T BLOCK ANYTHING! YOU'RE FIRED!

The Legend of the Bionicle...Toys. My comedy. Give it a read. It's only $9.99(free if you give a USEFUL comment) and it has free ice cream. End shameless advertising.
(Ice cream does not apply if you live in North America, South America, Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia, or Antartica)

Link

#40587 Offline Mr. Coffee

Mr. Coffee
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 237 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:45 PM

Well Tohi is sorta mute, but it's not the same. they can communicate still. the kraata in canon only seem to be able to "talk" with each other or jst teridax, and more like animals or telepathy than actual communication. I'm not saying it isn't possible, more like very impractical. They're slugs, not really sapient beings.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

#40588 Offline The Lonesome Wanderer

The Lonesome Wanderer
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 692 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:46 PM

Daedra were exposed as evil, the Maru have defeated the Mata and are now ready to fight the Makuta, and we have legions of Rahkshi on the doorsteps of every village.

Wut.

I missed alot there. Anyone care to recap?

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

#40589 Offline Athmos

Athmos
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,804 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:46 PM

I tried to join pre re-boot, but at the time I didn't because the game was jsut too ###### confusing :) With all the magic stuff (xa-koro was it?), i think this would be the same mistake

Xa-Koro was in this version. It was sunk because it sucked.

WIP

#40590 Offline Mr. Coffee

Mr. Coffee
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 237 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:47 PM

I am not talking about a village, as I said it was some sort of non elemental magic system, or so was my understanding of it. It only took the name after that version's village.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

#40591 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,533 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:48 PM

Trizvan is mute. He's fun. Mostly because he's unique. Or close to it, I don't know of any other mutes.

>Embok

>Mkay right not mute

>Huh

}{}{}{sigdresden.jpg}{}{}{

"Yes, an acute case of omniscience!"

#40592 Offline Toa K

Toa K
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 637 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:49 PM

Well Tohi is sorta mute, but it's not the same. they can communicate still. the kraata in canon only seem to be able to "talk" with each other or jst teridax, and more like animals or telepathy than actual communication. I'm not saying it isn't possible, more like very impractical. They're slugs, not really sapient beings.

[color=rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(216,235,238);]BSO1 on Shadow Kraata " They are the most intelligent of the Kraata stages, having intelligence on par with that of a Matoran or Toa; they are even capable of speaking the Matoran language."[/color]

Link

#40593 Offline Canis Lycaon

Canis Lycaon
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:51 PM

Daedra were exposed as evil, the Maru have defeated the Mata and are now ready to fight the Makuta, and we have legions of Rahkshi on the doorsteps of every village.

Wut.

Before joining, I read up on the wiki, so basically, the Mata were turned evil. Heauni was Kopaka.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

#40594 Offline Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,839 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:54 PM

The rainbow of species in the old BZPRPG was one of my favorite aspects.

And I just thought the introduction of Rahkshi would add some more variety. This whole Toa/Turaga/Matoran with Skakdi and Vortixx is rather limiting.

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles

#40595 Offline Makuta Almanax

Makuta Almanax
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 440 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 04:01 PM

Limiting? Yes. And as Lorax proved, it's skewed the Mata Nui census by a ridiculous proportion. But at the same time it makes things a bit simpler, too. Besides, Skakdi, Vortixx and Matoran are pretty much the largest species in the MU, so it only makes sense. Rahi are on the most part non-sentient so to make them playable would be fun but illogical, and you can apply to be other races like Steltians and stuff under the right circumstances so I don't see too much of an issue.

#40596 Offline The Lonesome Wanderer

The Lonesome Wanderer
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 692 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 04:01 PM

Wut.

Before joining, I read up on the wiki, so basically, the Mata were turned evil. Heauni was Kopaka.

EW was right!

Anyways, should I wait untill after the big Rahkshi mess, or should I reintro Arias now?

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

#40597 Offline Makuta Almanax

Makuta Almanax
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 440 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 04:02 PM

that depends on how much you value your life. 

#40598 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,920 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 04:08 PM

Wut.I missed alot there. Anyone care to recap?
EW was right! Anyways, should I wait untill after the big Rahkshi mess, or should I reintro Arias now?
I dunno, depends where. In a village, yes, out, no.

#40599 Offline Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar Targaryen
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,839 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 04:11 PM

I guess Mata-Nui is not suited for a large variety of species. Perhaps when (Or if) we move into the greater MU a larger variety of species will become playable. Thanks for helping me realize that.

Now, back on topic. What is Ga-Koro doing defense?

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles

#40600 Offline Elrond of Rivendell

Elrond of Rivendell
  • Members

• 1,447 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2013 - 04:15 PM

Not much. Most are focused on the Daedra fight, and the rest are mostly on ships.

I'm sure the Marines are doing something, I just have no idea what.

-Elrond

BZRPG profiles

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users