Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I notice that you don't tell us this until Nuju starts viewing the topic :P

Okay, to put us back on topic, is it allowed for someone's character to know that there are othe Makuta? Look at the newest profile.

The only Makuta is the Makuta, Lord of Shadows, Night-Bringer, and Death's Master.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I notice that you don't tell us this until Nuju starts viewing the topic :P

Okay, to put us back on topic, is it allowed for someone's character to know that there are othe Makuta? Look at the newest profile.

The only Makuta is the Makuta, Lord of Shadows, Night-Bringer, and Death's Master.

Someone should tell that to Falcon Lord.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Fairly big. The Fowadi is a warship, so while it isn't meant to carry lots of people, it is theoretically capable of doing so. The 'Vika, as a pirate ship, had a bit more carrying capacity.

Assuming I remember all of this correctly.

Incorrect. The Infernavika is a smaller, sleeker and faster ship than the Fowadi. But it does have multiple decks and storage space, and thus could potentially be used to carry refugees; however, I think that the large number of vessels in dock at Ga-Koro would be better used for this and the 'Vika and 'Wadi, as powerful warships, would be more useful in battle.

All this talk of pirate ships makes me want to revive the Kavinika. The more the merrier, eh?

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

Fairly big. The Fowadi is a warship, so while it isn't meant to carry lots of people, it is theoretically capable of doing so. The 'Vika, as a pirate ship, had a bit more carrying capacity.

Assuming I remember all of this correctly.

Incorrect. The Infernavika is a smaller, sleeker and faster ship than the Fowadi. But it does have multiple decks and storage space, and thus could potentially be used to carry refugees; however, I think that the large number of vessels in dock at Ga-Koro would be better used for this and the 'Vika and 'Wadi, as powerful warships, would be more useful in battle.

All this talk of pirate ships makes me want to revive the Kavinika. The more the merrier, eh?

Afroooooo!

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Is it against the rules for us to have a character from an alternate dimension? I have an awesome backstory for my character if he can be, but a fallback if he can't.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

I'd be willing to join this ship, if you have any slots available.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

I think I might come out of my hiatus for this. All of the other crew members up for it?(Lord Captain Shrike and Lohkar walk into a bar...)

I could create another character and have them be a crew-member if you want.

Is it against the rules for us to have a character from an alternate dimension? I have an awesome backstory for my character if he can be, but a fallback if he can't.

Talk to the staff about that, because we've had these happen before.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Things like this are generally considered to be somewhat of a "no go". For reference, it's generally a good idea to think of characters as if they had existed during MNOG, and have a backstory somewhat according to that.

Though totally go PM one of the staff about it, who knows, you might get it through. :)

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

This didn't get noticed the last time I said it, so...

If Ga needs more marines, I could make one I had in mind before, but I'll need a bit of a more detailed recap of what's been happening in Ga since the Daedra battle.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Huh. When first I came to the RPG, Grochi was moving around with his brother in Ta-Koro.

Later, when I came back, one of my first actions was working to defend Ta-Koro.

Now I've been here again nearly a year and I'm drawing up plans for, and being one of the leaders of, a bigger defence of Ta-Koro.

Things just kinda go full circle around here.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Alright, here's a heads-up.

All Renouncers are asked to make their presence known in Ta-Koro. JL and I have already started, now we're waiting for you.

Note: "The Renouncers" were previously known as the "all-matoran team" that only had fairly new players as members.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

A couple of question here, so I don't end up with egg on my face later:

1. Are the people in Le-koro talking about evacuating everybody from the village or just the non-combatants?
  2. Are the Rahkshi that appeared in Onu-wahi actually in the Onu-koro cavern, or outside but near to it? In other words, it it possible to block off the tunnel entrances to the village?

ppg2.png

It is worth mentioning that one of the reason things were changed from pre-reboot standards is because there were so many ludicrous species, and overpowered characters. Like lots and lots of Toa Inika from another universe on a mission from Mata Nui. Or the original Valkyr. Or the many Rahkshi. Or the Makutas. Or the Toa of Psionics.

Indeed. There were far too many makuta before, and they are just far to easy to god-mod with, even in the hands of capable players. From what I've seen, the new rules make everything much more sane out of game. If you create a custome species, you should have to think about it for a while, and at least justify it.

And that, my friend, is one large pie that you don't want to cut into.

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Basically, if a character came from another dimension, the character himself can't know about it, due to the fact that Nuju wants no memory of other islands/places besides Mata Nui. Which means that the dimension jumping is pointless.

In other words: Other dimensions? What other dimensions?

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

Which in turn has led to a large number of players with 'amnesia'. Makes me wonder why Lorax didn't include them as their own category in his census

All of the characters here have amnesia. If they're on this island, they have amnesia.

-Elrond

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

Actually, not everybody. Those who don't simply don't talk about their home islands. And those that were originally from the island have all their memories.

*facepalms* I should have realised that - Thentyle is one of them. But still, not talking about it and having amnesia, what's the real difference....other than suddenly knowing everything if we ever get to go inside the MU.

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

Which in turn has led to a large number of players with 'amnesia'. Makes me wonder why Lorax didn't include them as their own category in his census

All of the characters here have amnesia. If they're on this island, they have amnesia.

-Elrond

Quite decidedly incorrect.

First of all, every Toa, Matoran, or Turaga native to the island possesses their memories. And they never lost them, because as far as we know, Metru Nui never happened. Whether that changes or not is irrelevant; the only even possible memory loss is from the island change. Ignoring for a moment character-specific reasons, every being native to the island possesses their memories.

Second, not all beings from other islands forget. The Aitua, for instance, all remember their original home. They merely cannot go into much detail about it. Raknar remembers, and there are countless others I could list that remember where they came from. They merely do not talk about it.

This question was quite directly asked in the Q&A for the BZII. The answer was that they either had to forget, or not talk about it. That has stayed consistent, unless significant numbers of players are breaking the rules with their characters.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Oh, Um, Ah...

*Thinks up an excuse for the obvious mistake*

Ah, what I meant to say was, "All characters forget something sooner or later. That's amnesia."

In all seriousness, though, sorry about the oversight, and thanks for setting me straight Krayzikk You smarty pants know-it-all.

Now, can anyone tell me the canonical limits of Fe-toa powers? How much damage could it do to a Rahkshi's shell?

-Elrond

BZRPG profiles

Yeah, Aryll is from the Greater MU, and remembers his past almost entirely. One of the few things he doesn't remember is how he managed to get to Mata Nui. He believes he is simply stranded on an island, deep in the south. And he doesn't talk about his past for fear of being outed as a wanted war criminal. And his homeland for fear of being called crazy.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Now, can anyone tell me the canonical limits of Fe-toa powers? How much damage could it do to a Rahkshi's shell?

Possibly a lot, as the BS01 page says that they can control/absorb/create any type, and it doesn't show a limit, just that one would have to recharge after a while.

^ This. After all, if they couldn't take out Rahkshi with ease, then they wouldn't be much of a threat against Makuta armour either - and that's why most of them were killed in the official canon

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

A Fe-Toa would be far more effective against Rhkshi then your normal character, since they are almost entirely metal armor. As Almanax said, the Makuta were so afraid of them that they wiped out every single one they could find.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1