Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Alright, slightly clearer pitch for my group.

Think on the events of on the island in the past few days. Le-Koro has been attacked, an entire village has been sunk. The ILF has been routed. People are dying. Loved ones are being lost to the shadow. Murderers roam the island free and the 'heroes' seem powerless to stop them. In the climate presented, in this land of fear and darkness, beings will do strange things for a little bit of security. They will do strange things for a world where they do not have to fear for the lives of their children. Horrible things. Does this make them monsters? Their goals are noble, but the methods are brutal and ruthless. This organization will be no soft touch, if an innocent protects the guilty, the innocent will die so that guilty can do no more harm. The needs of the many overwhelm the needs of the few. The world must be made safe in their view, and the death of a few innocents is a small price to pay for a world where you do not need to fear raiders descending upon your village and killing all you care for. Some are not willing to pay the price and they seem ineffective, is it only natural that like-minded beings would band together and try to end this. By any means necessary. This group is one such gathering of beings, they will do what they feel needs to be done. Remorse is a luxury they cannot afford. Even if half the island must die to ensure the other half knows peace, it is a price that must be paid.

That is the basic pitch. I think this group would be an interesting exploration of the desperate, horrible things people will do when they cannot even lay down to sleep without fearing death. It'll make for interesting characters as well.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I think Anthyn's a beautiful character because she can actually take the whole classic "nobody is born pure evil" line and flip it on its head before roasting it on a spit: she is pure evil, she was created that way, and far from making her unoriginal, it makes her stand out, because she's played smart. That's the genius of her.

Plus, Breaking Bad.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Eh. I still enjoy the whole 'good-slowly-turning-to-evil' thing.

Especially when they never turn back good again (And not in a cliche way. I mean the whole, 'I'm your bestest friend, and we'll be friends forever!" and they over a good period of time, they slowly go to the point where their best friend has to put them down).

I love those stories. I enjoy reading them before bed.

There is a difference between "nonviolence" and "having a problem when somebody describes preparing and cooking somebody alive and then doing it in slightly less detail."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I think Anthyn's a beautiful character because she can actually take the whole classic "nobody is born pure evil" line and flip it on its head before roasting it on a spit: she is pure evil, she was created that way, and far from making her unoriginal, it makes her stand out, because she's played smart. That's the genius of her.

-Tyler

A thousand and one times this.

I say that Anthyn is one of my favorite villain characters to read about (second only to Heuani, actually- nobody can top him in my book. :D). The fact that Anthyn is RPed so well and in such a manner makes her all the more interesting and, as Tyler said, stand out. She breaks through the barriers of evil stereotypes and burns them in the process. Her pure evil mindset makes her unique to all other characters, even the good ones, and so makes the reader go and think, huh, I wish my characters could be as awesome as that. And plus, she's a freaking Valkyr. Valkyr are frickin' amazing.

I read over it and I didn't seen anything wrong with it. It wasn't lovingly described or anything. Not like that extended scene where the ILF interrogated that one fellow, that got a tad bit off putting. But this wouldn't be out of place in a King novel and considering those books were avaliable in my middle school, I'm not that concerned. I don't see any rule violation or anything like that.

EDIT: Sure.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Alright. Anyone who is interested can PM me. Anyone who wants to discuss subjects ranging from the history of Mongolia to the latest 40k book can PM me. Just assume my PM box is always open. :P

But can we post on your profile feed?

Back on topic; What's been going in with the Wanderer's Company? For the past week or so, I've forgotten to keep up with it.

Let's see- Stannis and Korrero got the last stone (Pohatu's), Oreius got latched on by Onewa's Parakuka, and Reordin, Sulov, Lepridan, and Leah haven't done much. Oh, and Lewa's Stone didn't accept Lepridan for some reason.

This argument isn't going to go anywhere. If you feel that a post breaks BZP's guidelines, then you may report it via the appropriate button. Beyond that, just having an issue with a post doesn't warrant a complaint in this topic. You can take it up with the person who wrote the post.

So how about we move on to a different topic -- I don't want to see any more complaints about the Anthyn posts, or complaints about complaints about Anythn posts in this topic.

(In other, more fun news...)

I'm listening.

Who are we chasing?

who all is interested in a thrilling and brutal chase across the island after a handful of characters? The reward should be enticing enough (500K widgets; possibly negotiable). ;)
Oh, please, do go on.

Awesome.

She would rectify this, and she would remove the whistleblower and all of his party.

TLDR: When the time comes, all interested parties will be able to go after the following charries:

Wokapu

Darien

Wokiya

Lekori

Visenya (if she sticks around)

Not yet though. I'll let you know when the word gets out, IC.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Kids, just remember: we are nearing the end of this arc, the final climatic finish of everything that has been leading up tot this moment. Even if you don't know, everyone knows, even the Makuta. Therefore I do believe it is the perfect time to say this, about the good vs evil, how dangerous the island has become recently:

It is always darkest before the dawn.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Kids, just remember: we are nearing the end of this arc, the final climatic finish of everything that has been leading up tot this moment. Even if you don't know, everyone knows, even the Makuta. Therefore I do believe it is the perfect time to say this, about the good vs evil, how dangerous the island has become recently:

TIME FOR SCIENCE.

As the earth rotates, what we define as "night" is always present at the part of the earth that's turned away from the sun. If we're assuming we're at a specific point ,in this model called "point A", this point will be moving back into view of the sun from the night.

This means that, as point A moves closer, more and more light will reach this spot, eventually culminating in the sun coming into view in what we call "dawn".

In conclusion: after midnight it will get consistently brighter before dawn finally comes into play.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

or unless we ignore science because science is stupid and writing is fun

i haven't learned science since fourth grade and i'm perfectly happy

you know what, i haven't even said the word science since fourth grade

i'm perfectly happy

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

You know, that phrase is very, very applicable.

But I think most of us who remember Derrum, or even Abeo know that in in BZPRPG, the limit for how dark things can get has not yet been reached. :P

I look forward to the big finish. As usual, I suspect there will be some very large plot twists before all is said and done.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

We've gotten past step one, which is destruction of a region and death of important government people, which means there's still step two, which involves the Makuta unleashing an army of Robo-Rahkshi on us, and step three, which has Joske Nimil eating the Makuta and committing suicide, ending the threat of the Makuta once and for all.

Not quite, though. We haven't had the entire game world crumbling and starting to fall, or in this case, sink. Plus, we haven't had hordes of NPC threats unleashed upon us.

In other words, we need hordes of Rahkshi running free and the island sinking, and then we'll almost match the end of '10.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

- Good vs. Evil discusson

I, being the White Knight enthusiast I am, prefer total but temporary victories for Good. The odd total victory for evil is alright, but I'm much, much more partial to the former.

- Mercenary offer thing

Considering making a character for that.

- Basilisk's Lawful Neutral group

Definitely making a character for that.

- Anthyn

I like her as a character. She's interesting, and I like the twist on Lust. But if she were real, I would like nothing more than to wring her neck! (Along with most of the other Big Bads) :P Not that I believe that's even physically possible.

- Gluttony's death

I liked how jarring it was. It was simply so different from anything I've seen on here so far, and showed just how truly evil she is. I have no objection.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

:kaukau: Science is so awesome because that's how you can get really cool ideas for science fiction from, which is in part what Bionicle is. Although it's more of a fantasy story than anything.

Though I could see someone being very humorous if they created a trio of characters in this RPG made up of a Physicist, an Engineer, and a Mathematician. Those jokes are hilarious, and you could probably poke fun at the setting a lot through them.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure what people mean with all this talk about starting a new chapter in the RPG. You may now all call me out on living underneath a rock.

:kaukau: Science is so awesome because that's how you can get really cool ideas for science fiction from, which is in part what Bionicle is. Although it's more of a fantasy story than anything. Though I could see someone being very humorous if they created a trio of characters in this RPG made up of a Physicist, an Engineer, and a Mathematician. Those jokes are hilarious, and you could probably poke fun at the setting a lot through them. Anyway, I'm not entirely sure what people mean with all this talk about starting a new chapter in the RPG. You may now all call me out on living underneath a rock. 24601
Pretty sure they're referring to the 2013 Story Arc/Update for the BZPRPG. If I, still being a new guy and all, understand correctly, this year's arc ended with the assassination of the Turaga, among other things going on with the staff's characters that I get totally lost on when I try to read because I haven't been here since day one of their existence to know exactly who they are and what they've been trying to do all this time. Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

:kaukau: Science is so awesome because that's how you can get really cool ideas for science fiction from, which is in part what Bionicle is. Although it's more of a fantasy story than anything. Though I could see someone being very humorous if they created a trio of characters in this RPG made up of a Physicist, an Engineer, and a Mathematician. Those jokes are hilarious, and you could probably poke fun at the setting a lot through them. Anyway, I'm not entirely sure what people mean with all this talk about starting a new chapter in the RPG. You may now all call me out on living underneath a rock. 24601
Pretty sure they're referring to the 2013 Story Arc/Update for the BZPRPG. If I, still being a new guy and all, understand correctly, this year's arc ended with the assassination of the Turaga, among other things going on with the staff's characters that I get totally lost on when I try to read because I haven't been here since day one of their existence to know exactly who they are and what they've been trying to do all this time.

--------------

No no no, the story hasn't ended yet. More that it will end sometime soon. This only means the main plot though, as everyone's characters will just carry on AFAIK.

Riaril here is what I like to call "The Lovecraft Exception" or the "Chaos Space Marine Fan". There are people who like seeing evil win in fiction, though they are in a minority. I prefer nice morally grey conflicts myself.

I am totally putting this in my ego folder for later gloating. However, I never thought myself the "lovecraft exception" until I began writing Kriigata... Now, I have to agree with you.

What are chaos space marines? I should look into this...

Hey everyone who has an assassin/merc character:

who all is interested in a thrilling and brutal chase across the island after a handful of characters? The reward should be enticing enough (500K widgets; possibly negotiable). ;)

It won't be an easy catch but any stretch, but it will give your chars something to go after for awhile.

Kughii, yes my author avi, is very much interested in making money asap. He's in Ga-wahi right now. I shall PM you for more information.

To me, this is like a movie. No matter how much critical acclaim the film gets there are always the naysayers. It seems to me I wrote a hit and there are a few people who are openly critical about it. Well, whatever. That's how the cookie crumbles. Now go watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and snuggle with your teddy bears, since those are nonviolent and would be more up your alley. I and the rest of us will watch Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones and relish in something that is much more real to our world.

Thank you EW for your long and well written POV. I agree on the need for more gritty and descriptive role-playing. Perhaps this is way I find most DnD groups lackluster: "I got a 17, does it hit," just doesn't cut it in my world. As a lover of great fiction, books with details and plots filled to the brim like a foaming micro-brew with description and intrigue, I find RPing in this world requires just as much attention to detail. It's a world to me, even if I choose not to lose myself completely in it. I agree with you EW, the destruction Anythn/Lust is causing is perfectly within the rule system. Euphemisms kids. Euphemisms.

If anyone has a toa with a mask of pyschometry PLEASE PM ME! I need some interaction in that dept.

Edited by Riaril

Say. If a being with a Tryna revived a corpse...

Would that being be able to make the corpse speak? As in, not just say a few words, I mean, hold an entire conversation.

No. It doesn't bring the person back to life per say, it just animates their corpse. Though if you had an Iden user possess the reanimated body...then you could.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Say. If a being with a Tryna revived a corpse...

Would that being be able to make the corpse speak? As in, not just say a few words, I mean, hold an entire conversation.

---

I'm gonna disagree with Snelly here.

Yes, they could, PROVIDED that the Tryna-user was highly skilled. I've had Echelon do this in the past - in direct interaction with Emzee's characters - and he made no complaint. But, as I said, you'd need high levels of skill to operate a dead person's lungs and vocal chords. And even then, they'd have to be recently deceased for it to sound natural, and not a death-croak.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png