Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Alright, so, is anyone open for interaction anywhere at all? pweeze

About to have someone open in Ga, though Constructman has said he wants to interact too.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

:kaukau: No fancy post name, just a link. I obviously haven't been around for a while. Partially because I knew that the story going into this post was going to take a lot of writing, but mostly because of school. It's so bad, it's my own personal sequel to Dante's Inferno (which I'm now reading, hence my choice to use that analogy). Anyway, I expect to b around a little more often. Not that the burden of schoolwork had been lifted, but at least my posts after this should be short and more manageable.

*spits Mtn Dew out*

Kraaaaaaaagh. That was far too coincidental, clean, easy and uncollaborative. I don't like it one bit but I am cordial enough to recognize I am in a pickle.

All I will say for now is that all of the ILF members and Kraggh's characters have been monitored all this while and retribution will be swift and strong. You all won't even know what hit you.

Edited by Arya Stark

*spits Mtn Dew out*

Kraaaaaaaagh. That was far too coincidental, clean, easy and uncollaborative. I don't like it one bit but I am cordial enough to recognize I am in a pickle.

All I will say for now is that all of the ILF members and Kraggh's characters have been monitored all this while and retribution will be swift and strong. You all won't even know what hit you.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, yessssssssssssssssssss.

I love it when Rene gets fight or flighty.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

*spits Mtn Dew out*

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, yessssssssssssssssssss.

I love it when Rene gets fight or flighty.

-Tyler

This is going to be hilariously awesome it is.

EDIT: wait.

what'd he do to the dragons?

EDIT 2: A psychic signal to go to sleep. u wot m8?

Masks of Psychometry don't work that way, last I checked.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Hey guys, quick FYI: I am still stuck on this little island in paradise and its a ton of fun, but wi-fi is ludicrously expensive here, so, judging by the pace of things at the moment, I won't be online until I get back home in 5 days. Hope my pre-written posts from today will suffice for now =)

Catch y'all later!

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

He used the Komau, Otter.

And yeah, I see what EW means by uncooperative and all that, but to be fair, JV has been waiting there for ages, and interacting with himself was a much quicker way out.

Bold part is illegal, italics part isn't exactly true.

Valjean hadn't even posted in this forum for over a month: it was only he that was keeping himself waiting, and EW tried over and over again to bump the people at or around Ambages' location to try and get activity moving.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Valjean hadn't even posted in this forum for over a month: it was only he that was keeping himself waiting, and EW tried over and over again to bump the people at or around Ambages' location to try and get activity moving. -Tyler

Er- no, not really. Most of the inactivity of that plot was on EW's part, first due to illness and the the staff plot beginning to move ahead at full throttle, both of which obviously make replying a slow process.

Ad despite those setbacks I still wanted to get you and the ILF out to do more things, not only because I did not feel that anything more could be accomplished but also because I knew that I was being a dead weight. You totally could have up and left a long time ago -- enough IC opportunities were presented.

Kraggh took as long as he did because of personal reasons that limited his time, and perhaps he felt that he needed to make up for his absence by making a mega post that covered a lot of time and action. Unfortunately, doing so was also unsportsmanlike.

Valjean hadn't even posted in this forum for over a month: it was only he that was keeping himself waiting, and EW tried over and over again to bump the people at or around Ambages' location to try and get activity moving. -Tyler

Er- no, not really. Most of the inactivity of that plot was on EW's part, first due to illness and the the staff plot beginning to move ahead at full throttle, both of which obviously make replying a slow process.

Hmm?

For everybody rummaging in Ambages' home, I would appreciate it if you please hurry your investigation up.

Thanks.

Actually, the reason Ambages calls them the Island Liberation Squad is much more basic than that: He simply doesn't know that they changed their name (and none of the characters corrected him yet), let alone what the name could be now.

Also, I still want people to finish their business up and leave. I want to do things with my character that does not include twiddling fingers and sitting. By continuing a fruitless search you're wasting time -- my time, to be precise.

He's wanted this to be over for a while now. Your boys overstayed their welcome, and putting the blame on EW for that when personal circumstance took over isn't fair at all.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

He used the Komau, Otter.

And yeah, I see what EW means by uncooperative and all that, but to be fair, JV has been waiting there for ages, and interacting with himself was a much quicker way out.

Bold part is illegal, italics part isn't exactly true.

Valjean hadn't even posted in this forum for over a month: it was only he that was keeping himself waiting, and EW tried over and over again to bump the people at or around Ambages' location to try and get activity moving.

-Tyler

So, so much this. The Komau is a blatantly illegal mask to use, hence why it isn't on the approved masks list. And stealing Onewa's Komau is even worse, because that would require sneaking into a heavily guarded mortuary, taking the mask of Po-Koro's leader before his funeral, and then getting out. EDIT: I stand slightly corrected. The mask was stolen from Ambages, rather than Po-Koro. I actually find that even worse, because it means it was stolen from a PC without time given to respond. So not only is it a completely illegal move, and thus invalidates the rest of his post, but it isn't even one that he could have pulled off. Because instead of attempting to steal the mask, he just went "Ohai! Guess what I've got!"

I'm not even in this plot, and I am absolutely stewing with rage at the injustice that has been done with this post. EW has been working for months to build up this plot to what it is, and has been very, very meticulous in how he does so. And then we get a magical, and illegal post, wherein that plan is directly attacked with magical NPCs. That post is, in point of fact, metagaming, illegal, and unsportsmanlike.

And, as Tyler has pointed out, the inactivity is not EW's fault in the slightest. Long before he got sick he tried to get you all to leave, because it was quite clear that your interactions were now fruitless and without reason. You instead remained. Thus, blaming the inactivity on EW is a blatant falsity.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

And, as Tyler has pointed out, the inactivity is not EW's fault in the slightest. Long before he got sick he tried to get you all to leave, because it was quite clear that your interactions were now fruitless and without reason. You instead remained. Thus, blaming the inactivity on EW is a blatant falsity.

Did I ever say it was EW's fault? No, it isn't anybody's fault. The reason I listen are all perfectly legitimate reason for being a bit slow to reply.

Also, there's no reason to be so aggressive, Kray. Insults and rage won't solve the problem, and in fact just damages your entire argument.

As a matter of fact, I do agree that Kraggh's handling of the situation was a too bit deus ex machina-y for my tastes, it seems well within the borders of acceptable behavior. It's no worse then, say, EW derailing Ambages's NPC butler to warm him about the ILF's approach, and you didn't see anyone raise a massive stink about that.

Edited by Javert

Really? Because that sounds a lot like saying that the inactivity was on EW.

And I'll thank you not to tell me how to behave. I am well aware of what I write, and seeing as debates are my hobby, I am well aware of what damages an argument. And despite what you seem to think, I haven't been insulting anyone. If I were insulting someone, you'd be able to tell.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

:kaukau: I edited out the parts where he used the mask (except to get an NPC who was annoying to shut up because I found it a humorous bit of storytelling), but otherwise, I'm not really changing that post. I wanted to get out of the situation as much as anyone else did, and to just get this situation over with. EW plans on making his retribution swift and powerful to teach me a lesson and put me in my place? Fine. To which I say that I will be stepping up my game as well. The post that I wrote was long for multiple reasons, some of which he mentioned, and also because I like to have long, solid introductions to my characters. As for how easy it seemed, I was sent there earlier and no one was really sent with me, nor was there anyone to interact with at the bank other than NPCs. He wrote about Ambages sending a manservant to put it in a bank. I don't see why raiding a bank should be so difficult. he did not object to my earlier post which offered a clear description of the bank, and people told me to make that part up. So I did. And, at long last, I wrote one long, clear post, because there was no one to interact with in the meantime and there was no point in splitting it up into several small posts, since it still would have essentially been the same thing, except for allowing spaces for EmperorWhenua to interject an NPC in randomly to twist things to his agenda, which also seems a fair bit unsportsmanlike, such as when his butler overheard people talking about him in the Sanctum.

And yes, there was a little bit of deus ex machina. I poked fun of it within my post. Was it a perfect post? From an RPing standpoint, no, but it was within acceptable behavio and I was sick and tired of being in that situation, and I wanted to end it so that my characters could move on to something else, especially since in my mind, Ambages made a clumsy move by merely sending his most incriminating evidence to a bank. Why can't that be acknowledged? If it's a clumsy move, why not accept it for what it is? Sure, he characterizes Ambages as being a magnificent megamind filled with Xanatos Gambits and without weaknesses in his ability to maintain his conspiracies, but in my opinion he failed at that and I exploited his failure. If this means that whatever plans he had with Ambages are going to get cut short, then too bad. It's an RPG, so suck it.

So I repeat my apologies for being offline for about a month, making people wait, and then taking things to controversial (but in my mind, still acceptable extremes to make up for all that lost progress. However, I'm not apologizing for who I am as an RPer, and for my reasons for this post.

Edited by Jean Valjean

so suck it. too bad. It's an RPG, so suck it.Sure, he characterizes Ambages as being a magnificent megamind filled with Xanas Gambits and without weaknesses in his ability to maintain his conspiracies, but in my opinion he failed at that and I exploited his failure. If this means that whatever plans he had with Ambages are going to get cut short, then too bad. It's an RPG, so suck it.

It's an RPG, so suck it.

Wasn't aware that telling another BZPower member to suck it because he was cheated out of a proper chance to activate any failsafes in a sort of location where there would be failsafes was no longer considered a personal attack.

dearie me.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Kraggh, normally, I would summarize my points in a relatively brief post. But this time, I'm going to have every one of my paragraphs correspond to one of your's.

The first issue is that you don't seem to understand how these games work. If you want to get out of a situation, you just leave. You don't make a long post involving someone else's plan, and don't leave them with a chance to repsond. That's the biggest point you seem to be missing, is that you are supposed to leave people time to react to what you do. It's applicable in fights, and it sure as heck is applicable in these situations. You just walked into a bank, robbed someone safe box which you really have no way of knowing which is the correct one, and walked out. And I'd like to point something out; You are not infinitely superior to NPCs. Especially ones whose job it is to guard that bank that you just robbed. As Tyler said, there is a good reason that people don't usually try to rob banks.

And there's one of the big issues. Thank you for saving me the trouble of pointing it out. RPing standpoint is what matters here. The point of this game may be to tell a story, but it relies on good RPing to do so. And deus ex machinas should not be present in good RPing, period. And no, it was not within acceptable behavior. Because you directly contradicted every unwritten rule of conduct there is, and a few written ones as well. Was it a flawed move? Maybe. And you have every right to exploit it. But do it the proper way, and actually give people a chance to respond! This is in fact an RPG, as you so kindly pointed out, and you're showcasing the worst side of what that means. So no, I will not "suck it", thank you very much.

There is no such thing as an acceptable extreme to make up for lost time, unless you have explicitly spoken with the other player first. In response to those of you who are complaining about the insults, I would like to point out that the insults have been present from the start, presented by our dear friend Kraggh. Things like "EW will call me a bad RPer for it, but I don't care", which was taken from the OOC of his very first post in this matter, or "it's an RPG, suck it" taken from his most recent.

Also, a nitpick of mine. It is "Xanatos Gambit" not "Xanas Gambit".

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

So Kragh, you just thought you could go to the bank and just take whatever without any real resistance? And you did it all with your own PCs and NPCs too. Man I didn't realize stealing other players things was so easy...

Yeah seriously, what's even more insulting than that is that you wrote that enormous post just to interact with yourself. You might as well just make an epic, cause this is an RPG, where you interaction with other people.

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

:kaukau: Except people have robbed banks in real-life, and as I stated before, no one objected to my characterization of the bank leading into that post. No one said "There should have been guards", and as it was, Javet said that Laryn was in a pickle when he initially rushed in. I couldn't think of a way of solving that problem with Laryn alone, so I used it as an excuse to bring in a couple of characters I have been wanting to introduce for a while, and their powers happened to be useful for breaking into banks. It also happens that I want to use these characters and their abilities elsewhere, so they weren't created specifically for this scenario.

Now personally, I imagined that security was arriving at the front door, but I never confirmed that. I decided not to take the time to have Kato x-ray the front door because I personally didn't feel it contributed to the story at 12:00 when I was writing it. I thought it could be inferred. In hindsight, I was obviously up late when I wrote that part because it's not obvious at all. It wouldn't have made a difference either way. Maybe I could have wrote a clash with security into that post, but I was tired. I wanted to skip to a scene where all my characters were together. Security could have given them a very close call, but the point was, they got the evidence. And as have said before, I do not see Ambages as being as competent as people who like the character make him out to be. Ambages sent his prize there with some unspoken assumption that it was a fail-safe against detection. Kethrye mentioned looking for evidence at the bank under the assumption that one could find evidence there. I decided that Kethrye's assumptions were correct.

I am aware that a lot of people have a very poor opinion of me right now. Tyler, your hyperbolic depiction of me is really making this situation worse. Snarky, I understand that a lot of this was poor conduct. People expect me to delete the entire post. I personally am just going to treat it as an episode that happened, because I wanted this to happen, and I am perfectly willing to accept the consequences for this as actually having happened. EW is planning something, and whatever it is, I accept it. I just want to move on to other plot points, and into a setting where I can role-play properly under a style that is in good taste.

Except people have robbed banks in real-life, and as I stated before, no one objected to my characterization of the bank leading into that post. No one said "There should have been guards"

So banks where you're from don't have guards?

PM me your hometown. Starbucks doesn't pay me nearly enough, and I could use the cash flow.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I am aware that a lot of people have a very poor opinion of me right now.

Hmmmm I wonder why?

I wanted to skip to a scene where all my characters were together.

Having your characters all together is never a good idea mate, cause again, you're just interacting with yourself. Go write an epic.

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

I have an announcement to make, I just made a post where all my character magically met up at the Kini-Nui, killed everybody guarding it, entered underground, gave all my characters time travel powers and light powers, then I killed Makuta and knocked out the Maru and all six shadow Toa. After that I used all my powers to literally turn the island upside down and kill all your characters. All in one post. Too bad so sad, it's an RPG and I can do whatever I want without anybody's permission or without giving them a chance to stop me.Deal with it.What's wrong with this picture.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

:kaukau: Look, EW has stated that he's willing to accept what has happened and the consequences thereof. I have stated that I am willing to accept the consequences that pertain to me. I am not denying that my post to get that done was in poor taste. However, both the parties involved, EW and myself, have accepted it as a reality, whatever ill we mutually feel of it, and are willing to move on and build off of that.

:kaukau: Look, EW has stated that he's willing to accept what has happened and the consequences thereof. I have stated that I am willing to accept the consequences that pertain to me. I am not denying that my post to get that done was in poor taste. However, both the parties involved, EW and myself, have accepted it as a reality, whatever ill we mutually feel of it, and are willing to move on and build off of that.

And it is here that this argument must end. Kraggh's actions, unsportsmanlike or not, only pertain to EW in this situation. And if EW has decided to play with these cards, regardless of whether they were dealt fairly it not, then it is up to him.If rules were broken, it is up to the staff to remedy that. Continuing this debate any farther will not accomplish anything, guys.I have full confidence that this situation will work itself out IC, so let's drop the OOC arguing. It will get us nowhere fast. What needs to be said has already been said, and said several times over at that.

:kaukau: EW plans on making his retribution swift and powerful to teach me a lesson and put me in my place? Fine. To which I say that I will be stepping up my game as well.

[...]

And yes, there was a little bit of deus ex machina. I poked fun of it within my post. Was it a perfect post? From an RPing standpoint, no, but it was within acceptable behavio and I was sick and tired of being in that situation...

[...]

So I repeat my apologies for being offline for about a month, making people wait, and then taking things to controversial (but in my mind, still acceptable extremes to make up for all that lost progress. However, I'm not apologizing for who I am as an RPer, and for my reasons for this post.

You misunderstand my intent of retribution: It's not to teach you a lesson (because I know that won't work), it's simply to answer your mediocre finagling with an equal force, though my way is far more legitimate and comprehensive.

If the post is not okay from a roleplaying standpoint in a roleplaying game then it must not be okay in general. Disillusionment with the scene is no reason to use unacceptable tactics.

In your mind, maybe, but it was not acceptable for the vast majority of everyone else involved. Nobody is asking for you to apologize for who you are, but we do expect some better attitudes and actions. Furthermore, you and I had privately discussed something along the lines of being more careful in your roleplaying actions and you did promise that you would try to be as good and uncontroversial as possible.

You appear to have failed at this.

I accept the fact that this is a sensitive issue because it pertains to a plot I have protected well and to declare that your post is nullified would spark a renewed debate that I do not recognize and/or trivialize actual threats against my plot made by oversights of my perfectly flawed manner, but I only accept the legitimacy of your post in duress, begrudgingly taking it as canon. But if I had the power, I would have already rejected your post under the basis of not being fair or acceptable as a form of roleplaying.

Nuju Metru will arrive on the scene soon and his word will be final. UNTIL THEN, however, I don't want to see any more discussion of this in this topic or any other topic within the forum. If anyone else says anything more on the matter it should be disregarded and ignored without further discourse. All the grievances and issues have been brought up and addressed; there is nothing left to say here.

Edited by Arya Stark