Ninjas IN SPACE

-Windrider-

Ninjago Monster Contest: Ninjas IN SPACE

Yes, it is Ninjago Month. Yes, we are going to have a site-wide contest in order to do things properly here. Remember last time?

Jutsu:

Your assignment is to use your skills to depict any Ninjago character while playing with the theme of location. You can have the titular ninjas in space, ninjas in the Marianas Trench, or even ninjas in locations from other LEGO themes.

Ninjas in Ta-Koro? Why not!

The following art forms and their corresponding forums are invited to participate:

(No OTC this time around; it is a LEGO theme!)

The entry period will run for three weeks, until Monday, September 22nd at 11:59 Eastern.

To enter, create a topic in the appropriate forum for your entry, and then make a post in this topic with the following information:

• Member name
  • Title of your work
  • Thumbnail (if applicable)
  • Category of your work (see above!)
  • The link to your entry topic

Ninshū:

GENERAL RULES:
These rules apply to every entry and every aspect of the contest.

1. Please follow all BZPower Rules and Guidelines in your entries and your conduct.

2. One entry per person per category. You can enter as many or as few categories as you wish.

3. Your creation must be new and not posted on BZPower previously.

4. All entries must be posted in their proper forums.

5. No mass advertising your entry (on BZPower) through PM or other means. PMs amongst you and your friends are fine, but nothing more. If you receive an unsolicited advertising PM, please report it. If you wish to advertise your entry, you may do so through your signature or blog, or, of course, by posting an entry topic.

6. No arguing, whining, flaming, or cheating. Misconduct will result in one warning only, after which there will be disqualification and possibly other action if the case is extreme enough. Cheating (such as entering a work previously posted on BZPower) will result in immediate disqualification.

7. If you suspect someone is cheating, PM me, -Windrider-; don't post it here.

8. Discussion is encouraged! This topic will serve as the hub for all contest discussion. Discussion and comments on entries themselves should be directed to the respective entry topics!

If you have any questions, please post them here.

--

BBC AND SBC RULES:
Category Host: -Windrider-

1. Do not modify your entry after you have posted it

2. Painted and modified parts are not allowed.

3. No non-LEGO parts. All other LEGO parts are fair game. Additionally, use your best judgment on where to post your entry topic: if the creation is mostly System pieces, into SBC it goes. If it is mostly constraction pieces, BBC!

4. Pictures in which the appearance of the MOC has been edited in Photoshop or other editing software are also prohibited.

--

SHORT STORIES AND COMEDIES RULES:

Category Host: GSR
Assistants: Kakaru, Zatth

1. Please follow all existing rules for the forum you post your entry in. Here are quick links to Short Stories rules and Comedies rules.

2. Please contain your stories within one post. Comedies may only have one chapter, and short stories must be kept in one post.

3. You are allowed to edit your story until the entry period ends.

4. There are no word-count limits. But please be advised that, the longer your story is, the less likely voters are to read it.

5. No epics.

--

GENERAL ART RULES:

Category Host: Kakaru

1. You may only enter one general art piece.

2. Entries should be under 3MB maximum. If you need help with converting your image or reducing the filesize, post here and we'll be happy to give some pointers. (As a general suggestion, I recommend saving a JPEG copy and using that as your submission, since that should be a pretty reasonable filesize.)

3. If your entry is over the global BZP image limit of 750 kB, you must link it or use a thumbnail, per BZP rules.

4. Please provide a thumbnail of your entry 128x128 pixels or smaller.

--

MUSIC AND MOVIES RULES:

Category Host: Emzee

1. There should be one entry per member. All BZPower members are welcome to submit an entry.

2. Entries must adequately fit into the Ninjago theme. For music, that means either stylistically or through lyrics. Don't be afraid to be creative with this if you plan on writing lyrics though!

3. All entries must be your new and original work and cannot have been presented before.

4. You may not modify your entry once posted unless you have instruction to do so to fix a rules violation, or if you have approval to correct a minor error. All such requests should be PMed to Emzee.

--

FAN CREATED GAMES RULES:

Category Host: Emzee

1. Board games, card games, video games, and detailed game ideas are all allowed as entries.

2. All game ideas must be your new and original work and cannot have been presented before, whether on paper or as an actual game or game demo.

3. Entries may not be modified once posted unless you have instruction to do so to fix a rules violation, or if you have approval to correct a minor error. All such requests should be PMed to Emzee.

4. Games must fit into the theme mentioned.

5. If entering a game idea, each entry must include at least the following:

• An objective of the game (the “win” condition)
  • A genre (First Person Shooter, Action-Adventure, etc.). Board/card games are allowed.
  • A detailed overview of the game controls (keyboard keys, joystick support, etc.)
  • A detailed description of your game’s mechanics or features (i.e. what can the player do?)
  • A description of your game’s artistic style (if applicable)
  • A description of the story and characters (if applicable)

6. If entering a playable game as an entry, make sure to include a short but informative description about the game. You should include screenshots or, if you're submitting a board/card game, pictures of the props, cards, etc.

7. There should be one entry per member. All BZPower members are welcome to submit an entry.

--

COMICS RULES:

Category Hosts: -Windrider-, Kakaru

1. Entries should not exceed 3 MB in file size per page. You are allowed to split your entry into multiple files/pages, but each must be less than 3 MB in size.Remember that if your image is above 750 kB in size, you should link to it in compliance with BZPower's global rules.

2. Entries must be in GIF, JPEG, or PNG format. Your comic's presentation must be static, with one exception:

3. Your comic may be presented as an animated GIF. Other forms of animation, such as SWF files, will not be allowed, as such entries would belong in the Music & Movies category.

4. It is highly recommended that you provide a 128x128 pixel crop or thumbnail that represents your comic. These will be displayed in the polls for flavor.

5. Entries may be modified once posted.

--

GAMES AND TRIVIA RULES:

Category Host: -Windrider-

1. Please follow the G&T Rules.

2. Gameplay should be centered around the theme as much as possible.

3. Game ideas are not allowed. Instead, please create a game topic to give people a chance to play (and hopefully get them to vote in your favor!)

4. In the polls, entries should be judged on the game's premise and the actual gameplay.

Dōjutsu:

Voting will be held the week following the entry period! Polls will be created according to category (for instance, BBC and SBC will be combined). There will be one winner for each category, as well as one grand prize-winning overall champion.

Ninja Tools:

Each category finalist will receive one 70721 Kai Fighter!

The grand finalist will become Hokage receive 70503 The Golden Dragon!

--

So that's that! Go out there and create, yeah?

• Upvote 2

If anyone else immediately thought of Power Rangers: In Space when you saw this contest, you had an awesome childhood.

I'll try and give this a shot. I really like Ninjago as a theme, and this seems like a lot of fun. Maybe a stop-motion or something?

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

question: would a Ninjago AMV to the German Naruto theme count as a legitimate Music and Movies entry

I'm not going to stop you, but the real question is should you stop yourself

quick question regarding catagorization(but is also relevant to contest entry ideas.)

Single scene but has character dialogue:

is it general art? or a one-panel comic, thus comics? :0

Neither forum's rules make the distinction very clear - but I'd say comics, given the dialogue invariably adds a storyline element.

(Of course, a single panel without dialogue could qualify as a storylined comic as well, alas.)

• Upvote 3

Neither forum's rules make the distinction very clear - but I'd say comics, given the dialogue invariably adds a storyline element.

(Of course, a single panel without dialogue could qualify as a storylined comic as well, alas.)

well mata nui, this is a pinch. :0

i guess if it can qualify as a comic, i could enter it as a comic, which leaves me a free space to enter general art with a different one, yes?

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Quick Question, I have finished my MOC, but I need a quick rule clarification. If I have a ninja vehicle and an enemy that would fight in a distinct location, does that work?

Also, is BBC and SBC together in one category? My MOC is quite hybrid, so I would be unsure which to enter under.

• Member name: Chuck the Toa of crazyness/chuckeroo777
  • Title of your work: Taraka Dragon Deep Sea Encounter
  • Thumbnail (if applicable):

15067420678_97a85c3e5a_s.jpg

• Category of your work: BBC/SBC
  • The link to your entry topic: Clicky
Edited by Chuck the Toa of crazyness
  • Upvote 1

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

I have a question. Can we use locations from movies? I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but the short story I wrote for the contest mostly takes place in a location similar to that of one in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and I just want to make sure that movie locations are okay to use in our entries.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I have a question. Can we use locations from movies? I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but the short story I wrote for the contest mostly takes place in a location similar to that of one in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, and I just want to make sure that movie locations are okay to use in our entries.

Any location is fine; you could have ninjas in Flatland if you wanted. Movie locations are indeed acceptable!

Seems like we might need an extension on this. Only a week left and there's two entries. I'm sure school starting up has something to do with it.

I've got some great ideas, but I lack the time to finish them. Hopefully I'll be able to get to it!

I've got one entry started and one in the idea phase. if i can ever motivate myself to at least finish one of them i should have one entered.

EDIT: and here it is:

Member name: Lucina
Title of your work: The Imsine Job
Thumbnail: thumbnail.jpg
Category of your work: Comics
Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 1

1.Member's name: Toa Smoke Monster

2. Title of work: The Darkness Within.

3 Thumbnail: No thumbnall for this one. :)

4. Category: Short Story.

Link to entry.

Good luck to everyone else that enters! B-)

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

pc0lX6T.png

I'm liking this; I really am. But we still need more entries!

I find that people usually wait until the last minute to enter these contests. Whether it's to prevent the competition from adjusting their strategies, or just because these things really do take a while to make, I don't know.

• Upvote 2

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

I find that people usually wait until the last minute to enter these contests. Whether it's to prevent the competition from adjusting their strategies, or just because these things really do take a while to make, I don't know.

Also, people are getting back into school right now, which could also delay them or even prevent them from getting an entry created for the contest.

pc0lX6T.png

Also, people are getting back into school right now, which could also delay them or even prevent them from getting an entry created for the contest.

I agree, I only found out about the contest today because I haven't had the time to check...

doesn't mean I'm not going to try!  :gavel:

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

I honestly have about 10 ideas for the contest on the drawing board right now, but it'll be an accomplishment to get one finished before the deadline. I'm just one of those people who can't seem to finish anything that they've starte

sig8.png

Finally! My entries are finished, and I am free to CONQUER EARTH enter this contest!

ENTRY 1:

• Member name: Kung Fu Pyro
  • Title of your work: Ninjago Gem Oasis
  • Category of your work: SBC
  • The link to your entry topic: Here!

ENTRY 2:

• Title of your work: Ninjago Gem Oasis: Da Music Track
  • Category of your work: Music

ENTRY 3:

• Title of your work: Ninjago Aquair Temple
  • Thumbnail: thumbnail.png
  • Category of your work: Art

ENTRY 4:

• Title of your work: Ninjago: Dark World
  • Category of your work: Games

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."