OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I will be buying Pohatu, Tahu, Gali, Onua, Kopaka and Lewa! Oh wait- that's all of them. Maybe I'll buy the big spider, too! He certainly looks like a lord with a big skull.

Maybe we could nickname him the Skull Spider Lord!

Or Lord of Skull Spiders...

Why you little Rahi.

I see what you have done and I wish to take one of Gali's flippers, and smack you straight up the face.

Also, to anyone who bought the clear Hau:

Do they fit on Knights Kingdom heads? 

That would be nice to know.

Is the island name "Okoto" or "Otoko"? Because I keep seeing the former spelling, but that LEGO teaser thing that BZP tweeted spells it the second way. o_O

The video says "Okoto", which is where I'm putting my money.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

So looks like we'll get 90 second animations on Bionicle.com? That's okay with me, especially if they are in that cartoon format. Very unique and could be quite iconic. Kind of a shame that there will be no show though - they are putting a lot of effort into this new line, but did they not think it would be successful enough to risk a tv show?

Also the new heads under the masks are awesome. Like a way-cooler version of the Metru heads. Course the eye-stocks are back too, which is awesome.

And the sets! Wow, the pics looks great. The plastic looks high quality and sleek. The return of original green and blue makes me so happy. The gearbox design is ingenious, and the designs themselves seem to be more complex despite looking very straightforward. This is a good mix of constraction and technic. And solid gold masks and pedestals... So. Want.

*this is all referring to BZP's twitter posts

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Six mighty heroes, the Toa, have crash-landed on the island of Okoto. Their mission: to seek out a mysterious mask of power and defeat the darkness that threatens the island and its people. Wielding elemental powers, and guided by native Protectors, the Toa will need all their power to defeat evil.

This definitely sounds like 2001! xD

While I like the look of this new line I read about the simplifying part - that they are getting rid of a lot of names to make it less complicated. Eh, I hope this doesn't apply to the storytelling either. Just don't dumb it down too much.

And Greg not writing the books is kind of a shame. He's a good writer if you give him a guideline.  

Ekimu and Makuta's story sounds great though. There's so much cool stuff here.

I love the "adrenaline mode" for the Toa as well. I still think the colour schemes are a little messy though. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

This calls for an encore from Helryx and the Yesterday Men! *cue rock song in the background sang by Helryx*

Well, there goes 10 years of story down the drain :/

Don't worry, you can just consider this an AU like I do.

Considering the kinds of universes we saw in the original line, I'd say this could easily be an AU. 

(Just don't take us to the old universe ever)

Well, the old story still exists whether it's an AU or not. Not sure what the big deal about this is. Even if it is an alternate universe, this story still won't touch on anything from that one.

Unless they do a crossover, which could be pretty cool if it was for a special or something.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

I'm a little bummed they're not releasing the MoC in set form.. though there's probably still hope in the form of an unannounced set or in the next couple of years.. IMO it's one of the best looking masks out there.

Of course there may be some piece of information I've missed?

There is something called "The Temple of Time" on Okoto

Temple of time? Intriguing. I feel that this will be a pretty prominent location in the new story.

Haha! xD These are really nice cartoon renditions. Simply, but very cool. Loving the look of all the Toa.

I'm a little bummed they're not releasing the MoC in set form.. though there's probably still hope in the form of an unannounced set or in the next couple of years.. IMO it's one of the best looking masks out there.

There is a solid gold Mask of Creation on display, so they do have a mold for it. I'm sure it will come with one of the summer 2015 sets.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

My thoughts on the sets themselves:

Tahu: Awesome! B-)

Lewa: Looks okay.

Onua: Love his weapon and PURPLE PIECES!

Gali: She looks good too. And her mask is better than her 08 one as well. :P

Pohatu: When did silver become the color for the element of stone?  :???: He still looks cool though.

Kopaka: He also looks awesome, though his gold chest piece does kind of stand out. 

Overall, these are some great looking Toa Mata and I'll probably be grabbing a few all of them at some point. 

As for their characteristics, I can't wait to see them in story. As Lucina on the last page, they are more fleshed out than they were in 2001. I can't wait for the story to start!

Edit: Take five minutes to type a post, and it ends up on the next page. Welcome back, busy BZP. :)

Pohatu isn't entirely silver. And Inika/Mahri Hewkii was silver too.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I like this style- it reminds me of Mixels. And Mixels are awesome! I'd like to see how they carry the epic feel in an animation style used for comedy. It'll be good, I'm sure. Aaaand my grammar is dying from hype..

It's not quite like the mixels; it's not as exaggerated as them, and I'd say there's a 99% chance nobody's shoving ice cream up their butt in Bionicle.

BIONICLE "reboot" is akin to Star Trek new movies. Confirmed for three year line right now, possibly more later

Only 3 years  :(

possibly more later

Nah, Lewa's totally gonna do that to Kopaka.

I'm assuming those who handled the set were forbidden to take any pictures?... Shame. I'd really like to see the face under the masks.

Here

http://imgur.com/a/Coy18#0

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

I was about to ask what information I was missing saying there wouldn't be anything for it. o_O The solid gold one shows they have a mold for it, so although it's not in the first wave of sets, I was expecting to see it down the road.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

The weapons are really nice! The mask quality seems great. I take back what I said about Tahu last time. And again, the faces are some of the best Bionicle has ever seen.

Also, I do like how Tahu, and Kopaka are as tall as Gali and Lewa despite having a larger piece count. I was worried about that but it looks like I can finally calm down as these pics clear any doubt. And Pohatu and (especially) Onua are shorter so that consistency from 2001 is very nice to see.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

For those of you questioning what to call the spider things, this website calls them Skull Kraata.

http://www.bricksandbloks.com/lego-bionicle-2015-sets-list-revealed-winter-2015/

Idk if this can be confirmed but based on the other sets they list being accurate to what has been revealed so far, I wouldn't doubt it.

Edited by Kuurai

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

I've spent the last hour reading through post, I'll do all my thoughts:

BIONICLE "reboot" is akin to Star Trek new movies. Confirmed for three year line right now, possibly more later

Only 3 years :(

I think this just mean they have story for the next 3 years, they haven't thought about the future story. Just think: the first 3 years of BIONICLE were the original story and then they went to Metru Nui.

I am a bit disappointed that this is a hard reboot, but I think that it's turning out great so far. Some of the quirks on the website are a bit... unnecessary but it doesn't necessarily mean that this is "juniorized."

Someone mentioned something about the Vahi, it's my favorite mask and I'd love to see it in the reboot.

Also,  I heard someone say that the Defenders were like Turaga. Did they say anything about Vakama? He's my favorite character.

Also, the livestream isn't working for me. :/

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

For those of you questioning what to call the spider things, this website calls them Skull Kraata.

http://www.bricksandbloks.com/lego-bionicle-2015-sets-list-revealed-winter-2015/

Idk if this can be confirmed but based on the other sets they list being accurate to what has been revealed so far, I wouldn't doubt it.

I need to be really careful answering this question. Is it still not allowed to discuss things like early prototypes of sets that have already been revealed?

Skull Krata was the name seen on an early version of the big spider villain. Confidential images were leaked several weeks ago (not too long before the finalized box images were leaked, which, interestingly enough, were actually older than the first leaks the fanbase discovered back in July (or was it June?). These early preliminary images showed an early version of the big spider bad guy with the name "Skull Krata" on the box, leading to confusion as to what was the finalized name. We know the finalized name is not Skull Krata. It is another name which might not be allowed to be named here yet.

I've spent the last hour reading through post, I'll do all my thoughts:

Only 3 years :(

I think this just mean they have story for the next 3 years, they haven't thought about the future story. Just think: the first 3 years of BIONICLE were the original story and then they went to Metru Nui.

I am a bit disappointed that this is a hard reboot, but I think that it's turning out great so far. Some of the quirks on the website are a bit... unnecessary but it doesn't necessarily mean that this is "juniorized."

Someone mentioned something about the Vahi, it's my favorite mask and I'd love to see it in the reboot.

Also,  I heard someone say that the Defenders were like Turaga. Did they say anything about Vakama? He's my favorite character.

Also, the livestream isn't working for me. :/

If you are referring to the BioMediaProject's livestream, it was cancelled due to "transportation and financial issues."

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Idk if this is a one time thing for Bionicle today, but this is only the first day of Comic-Con  ;)

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

There are hints that the original Kanohi Vahi from the Mataverse is only half a mask. More hints were also given towards it being involved with time travel. It could possibly leave the original universe open to continuation and the other half being formed in the Nuvaverse.

For anyone wondering, the Nuvaverse is what TTV is calling the new continuity.

Idk if this is a one time thing for Bionicle today, but this is only the first day of Comic-Con

Well, if there will be more news in the coming days, my work here is far from over.

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

First post in probably 3 to 4 years right here.

So if I can put my two cents in, I'd say this a full blown reboot. They're clearly not expanding on where 2009-10 left off. They're gonna introduce a new story for a younger audience and include familiar names for returning fans. Smart move on TLC's part to be honest.

It's all because the internet.

Toa_Ignika_Creation.png

There are hints that the original Kanohi Vahi from the Mataverse is only half a mask. More hints were also given towards it being involved with time travel. It could possibly leave the original universe open to continuation and the other half being formed in the Nuvaverse.

Idk if this is a one time thing for Bionicle today, but this is only the first day of Comic-Con

Well, if there will be more news in the coming days, my work here is far from over.

Nuvaverse? I've heard of the old one being called the Mataverse. Nice names. :P

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

That's actually quite an interesting idea. Hmmm, that could explain the whole temple of time thing...

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

There are no Matoran or Turaga on Okoto.

Looks like it really is a soft reboot:

The original Toa awaken without any memory and have forgotten that they are heroes.

Same Toa, different place.

Edited by Willess12

I was really impressed with what wad revealed today. The Comic Con really lived up to expectations! I just hope they release the sets in time for Christmas:) this is the first year in a while where I attend to buy all the sets!

I am very impressed as well. A really good showing. They got the Heroes and backstory out of the way but we have yet to see any news on the villains so there is still something to look forward to! 

So this Nuvaverse is one of the many universes within Bionicle?

As convoluted as it will get, if this is really the case, I hope there will some sort of converging at some point. BTW, nice names ;) though I'd prefer Olda-verse

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Yeah can we not use "Nuvaverse" and "Mataverse"? The "Nuva" as a concept do not exist in this rebooted version, but do in the old one, so it just seems very, very counterintuitive. I'd love for some naming designation, but those do not seem like good choices to me.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 3

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."