OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Also Ekimu appears to have a new hammer piece and new shoulder armour! I need him now, how am I going to survive until August without him in my room?! 

Do you mean the trans-light blue part of his hammer? It is a recolor of the Protector launcher, the guy with the bow also uses one.

IetTsFQ.png

Also Ekimu appears to have a new hammer piece and new shoulder armour! I need him now, how am I going to survive until August without him in my room?! 

Do you mean the trans-light blue part of his hammer? It is a recolor of the Protector launcher, the guy with the bow also uses one.

also the shoulder armor isn't new; it appeared in last year's Chima constraction sets and Queen Beast.

also the shoulder armor isn't new; it appeared in last year's Chima constraction sets and Queen Beast.

It doesn't look like the launcher piece (although to be fair it probably is), I don't remember seeing those shoulder pieces in the last wave of chima constraction figures, but still though dat shield! 

It's time to move on.

Something you might miss in that image: Skull Slicer (with four arms) has a unique weapon in one of his left hands. It is a bright red chain thing, with a grappler at the end, supposedly to grab a mask.

Its also attached to Skull Scorpion, which either means he is somehow related to SS (Think Vezon and Fennrakk), or garbage toy fair posing.

Hey, maybe Skull Slicer has a pet Skull Scorpio, and Skull Grinder has a pet Lord of Skull Spiders!

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Something you might miss in that image: Skull Slicer (with four arms) has a unique weapon in one of his left hands. It is a bright red chain thing, with a grappler at the end, supposedly to grab a mask.

Its also attached to Skull Scorpion, which either means he is somehow related to SS (Think Vezon and Fennrakk), or garbage toy fair posing.

Hey, maybe Skull Slicer has a pet Skull Scorpio, and Skull Grinder has a pet Lord of Skull Spiders!

Nice!

Self MOC: Fren

How lewd

So.... Now I have to decide between the summer sets or an Xbox One for my birthday.

Any ideas?

So.... Now I have to decide between the summer sets or an Xbox One for my birthday.

Any ideas?

Xbox One. It's amazing. Had one since last year, will be using it for the next 5 at least.

Wait on that Xbox One, get the new sets. I've been hearing that there may be an Xbox One Slim before the year is over and that it'll be announced at E3, will come bundled with Halo 5. So wait until E3 to see if it's true, and if it is, get the new sets instead and then the Xbox One Slim for Christmas.

Wonder if we'll get blended Tahu and Gali masks later down the road (store-exclusive sets even?). The lack of them is a little weird, but looks like every other Toa has their own rival to face in the summer. Looking pretty cool.

Ekimu though... mhmm, I like that! Awesome shield, has the hammer, comes with both his masks (Mask of Creation!) - it's perfect. Skull Grinder looks aight. Honestly, I need better pics of these villains. Only the purple one is looking really solid to me.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I seriously hope that all of them have gear functions. Right now, only Ekimu and Skull Slicer are confirmed to have gear functions.

In the image, you can see a yellow gear on Skull Grinder's back and on Warrior's back. Skull Scorpio probably has functionality in his tail, so that only leaves Basher, who probably has a gearbox since he carries two axes.

IetTsFQ.png

I seriously hope that all of them have gear functions. Right now, only Ekimu and Skull Slicer are confirmed to have gear functions.

In the image, you can see a yellow gear on Skull Grinder's back and on Warrior's back. Skull Scorpio probably has functionality in his tail, so that only leaves Basher, who probably has a gearbox since he carries two axes.

I can see Skull Grinder's gear, but not Skull Warrior's. However, on Skull Basher's box on display at Toyfair, I see what looks to be a yellow gear. Edited by Daler99

~Daler

I can see Skull Grinder's gear, but not Skull Warrior's. However, on Skull Basher's box on display at Toyfair, I see what looks to be a yellow gear.

Warrior's is there, if you zoom in on the Toy Fair image you can see it mostly obscured by the blade on his back. There are two bright yellow dots, one on either side of the blade. The gear function makes sense if he's holding his blade, but I wonder how it will work when he's using the bow. It would be really cool if the gears aimed the bow up/down!

IetTsFQ.png

The new bone pieces are starting to grow on me. Even if they have a very limited range of use as "actual" bones like a skeleton, I think we could see a ton of "battle-damaged" or "undead/zombie" MOCs in the future. Not saying that zombies are a big thing with me, as I am personally kind of tired of its popularity, but I feel that with the new parts incoming, they could finally see new light in constraction form.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

I need to figure out how that bow on Skull Warrior is built. It is probably similar to the one in PoJ, but I hope they make something different in terms of diversity in design.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that these could be swarm enemies, much like the Visorak or the Bohrok?

idk something about them makes me think they're designed to be opponents of specific Toa (such as having their masks and sharing their associated translucent color) so I'd guess we're only seeing one of each.

(of course that'd mean Gali has no opponent but since when did LEGO care about female characters lol)

Maybe Gali saves Ekimu from the Skull Grinder.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I need to figure out how that bow on Skull Warrior is built. It is probably similar to the one in PoJ, but I hope they make something different in terms of diversity in design.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that these could be swarm enemies, much like the Visorak or the Bohrok?

idk something about them makes me think they're designed to be opponents of specific Toa (such as having their masks and sharing their associated translucent color) so I'd guess we're only seeing one of each.

(of course that'd mean Gali has no opponent but since when did LEGO care about female characters lol)

Maybe Gali saves Ekimu from the Skull Grinder.

I get it. We've seen WAAAAY TOO MUCH OF TAHU!

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Atamaii on YouTube said in the comments section of his Ninjago coverage that he'll be posting a video about the new Bionicles sets soon, so there's that.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I think the villain sets look excessively nifty, but maybe a little skiny at some points. Sorry I haven't been around.

It's cool.

I'm just bummed that they don't actually include any legit 'cloth' pieces that would make the villains look more undead.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I think the villain sets look excessively nifty, but maybe a little skiny at some points. Sorry I haven't been around.

It's cool.

I'm just bummed that they don't actually include any legit 'cloth' pieces that would make the villains look more undead.

How would cloth pieces improve on the undead theme?

Edited by farmstink buttlass

AXKP5KC.png

It's cool.

Just an opinion, btw.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/piratesonline/images/b/b6/Undead_Spanish_Bandido.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091112172913

http://broquestgame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10057/Colored_Characters_-_Undead_Knight_v2.png

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130328011721/aq_/images/c/ce/Undead_Knight.png

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It's cool.

Just an opinion, btw.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/piratesonline/images/b/b6/Undead_Spanish_Bandido.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091112172913

http://broquestgame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10057/Colored_Characters_-_Undead_Knight_v2.png

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130328011721/aq_/images/c/ce/Undead_Knight.png

No, I know, I was just legit asking.

The tattered cloth look certainly works in that context in some cases, but I'm honestly not sure how they could have made that work with actual sets. Any cladding would be too stiff to really work for that. Unless you mean actual fabric? I don't know how practical that would have been...

AXKP5KC.png

^ Is that last image from Adventure Quest?

I think torn cloth compliments the undead theme by making the characters look old and decayed, like they've been wearing that cloth for centuries in their death. That said, I think the new "torn cloth" decor does look a bit like torn cloth, while still being effective armor. Some custom raggy cloth would be really cool on the new sets, maybe I'll give that a try just to see how it looks.

IetTsFQ.png

It's cool.

Just an opinion, btw.

No, I know, I was just legit asking.

The tattered cloth look certainly works in that context in some cases, but I'm honestly not sure how they could have made that work with actual sets. Any cladding would be too stiff to really work for that. Unless you mean actual fabric? I don't know how practical that would have been...

Yeah, actual fabric. But that would've been out of Lego's budget to produce, sadly.

^ Is that last image from Adventure Quest?

I think torn cloth compliments the undead theme by making the characters look old and decayed, like they've been wearing that cloth for centuries in their death. That said, I think the new "torn cloth" decor does look a bit like torn cloth, while still being effective armor. Some custom raggy cloth would be really cool on the new sets, maybe I'll give that a try just to see how it looks.

Yep, lol. I'm glad that someone still remembers that game besides me. And I guess you're right, the 'tattered' edges of that new armor add-on looks battle damaged.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Wait... Adventure Quest?

KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

I don't like having fabric pieces in Lego sets. It always annoys me when they put fabric in sets because they're really only good for one or two things. The exception are minifigure capes, because minifigure capes are awesome

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Wait... Adventure Quest?

KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

My family hated that game so much when it was popular, yet it was always a guilty pleasure of mine. :P

On an unrelated note, I built all of the Toa Power-Up modes today. The only ones I think are ugly are Kopaka's and Onua's. Tahu's is not bad, but I definitely prefer his Adrenaline/Battle mode. Gali's is okay, probably on par with her other modes.

Lewa and Pohatu, though...they look so much better powered up. Pohatu's is just an improved version of his lame Adrenaline Mode, and looks infinitely better. Lewa's is hands-down my favorite; I think his Power-Up mode is much better than his other two modes. I kind of want to buy another PoJ just to keep him powered up...And the bow is a lot of fun to pose on a Toa, which gives me high hopes for Skull Warrior.

Also, bows! I haven't seen anyone overly excited that there are bows in Bionicle. Very happy to see functional bows.

IetTsFQ.png

Lewa's is hands-down my favorite; I think his Power-Up mode is much better than his other two modes. I kind of want to buy another PoJ just to keep him powered up...And the bow is a lot of fun to pose on a Toa, which gives me high hopes for Skull Warrior.

Also, bows! I haven't seen anyone overly excited that there are bows in Bionicle. Very happy to see functional bows.

Blargh. Posing the bow is bad enough on the PoJ, but on Lewa it's a real challenge. The Toa have Stringer's thighs for upper arms, and they limit arm articulation in a way that annoys me.  

Lewa's is hands-down my favorite; I think his Power-Up mode is much better than his other two modes. I kind of want to buy another PoJ just to keep him powered up...And the bow is a lot of fun to pose on a Toa, which gives me high hopes for Skull Warrior.

Blargh. Posing the bow is bad enough on the PoJ, but on Lewa it's a real challenge. The Toa have Stringer's thighs for upper arms, and they limit arm articulation in a way that annoys me.

You sound fun at parties..

No one's posted these here yet? Well, here's Skull Basher and Ekimu:

7tiI0gl.jpgqJ3SGSM.jpg

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Interesting. Skull Basher (and possibly the others) have dark grey HF body pieces. Nice to see even a slight variance on that front.

The way light plays off them and the slight color inconsistency (plus a match to the heads and new bones) has me convinced those bodies are silver. Still, nice to see a little variety.

Also Skull Basher's horns don't work well at all; they attach far too far from the head for the thickness of the base and the length of the horn.

I think the "horns" on Skull Basher and Skull Grinder are meant to act as counterweights for the mask pop-off function. Looking at the head of Tahu right now, I can see how that could help the masks stay on.

Skull Grinder's are tiny; I question the effectiveness of them as counterweights. I mean, the lever isn't that heavy, but still.

I think the "horns" on Skull Basher and Skull Grinder are meant to act as counterweights for the mask pop-off function. Looking at the head of Tahu right now, I can see how that could help the masks stay on.

*Tahu sneaks up on Basher*

*Tahu tries to bob of Skull Basher's mask*

*He wasn't able to it hard enough*

*Basher turns around and bashes Tahu*

Also, Ekimu looks even better than I had hoped! Too bad he seems to not have transparent light blue eyes though. It makes him just a little less accurate to his appearance in "The Legend". But oh well, fluorescent green lights up better. :)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.