OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

No one's posted these here yet? Well, here's Skull Basher and Ekimu:

http://i.imgur.com/7tiI0gl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qJ3SGSM.jpg

I like that Skull Basher has a unique action feature! I was worried all the humanoid baddies would have the same type of gear function as the Toa, but Skull Basher's arms seem to swing horizontally rather than vertically, using a similar function to Dragon Bolt's wings.

No one's posted these here yet? Well, here's Skull Basher and Ekimu:

http://i.imgur.com/7tiI0gl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qJ3SGSM.jpg

I like that Skull Basher has a unique action feature! I was worried all the humanoid baddies would have the same type of gear function as the Toa, but Skull Basher's arms seem to swing horizontally rather than vertically, using a similar function to Dragon Bolt's wings.

Whoa, I just noticed that! Cool!

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I believe that the Skull Warrior wears the mask shown in the Lego Magazine teaser.

So does Skull Grinder, it would seem that we're only getting two new mask molds. And they're all in silver. That's pretty disappointing. :/ 

Skull Warrior's mask looks like a metallic gunmetal color to me, but Skull Grinder does have a silver mask.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

I believe that the Skull Warrior wears the mask shown in the Lego Magazine teaser.

So does Skull Grinder, it would seem that we're only getting two new mask molds. And they're all in silver. That's pretty disappointing. :/ 

Skull Warrior's mask looks like a metallic gunmetal color to me, but Skull Grinder does have a silver mask.

Ah, that's better at least. Still would have preferred some non-metallic colors though.

Three. :) You forgot the Mask of Creation. :P

Oh yeah, you're right. :P That's the mask I'm most excited for I think.

Edit: Regarding Aanchir's post about Basher's gear function, someone at Eurobricks suggested that he actually bashes, like, pushes his arms forward instead of swinging them. That sounds amazing, and those strange liftarms near his gearbox and the fact that he uses Glatorian neck shoulders supports that theory.

Edited by Nescent

IetTsFQ.png

It appears that most of the skull villains (or whatever they're called) have the same mask, I'm a little disappointed by this as I was hoping for more unique mask molds, also the fact most of them have the same skull like mask suggests they are literally the undead (and that they aren't wearing masks), this certainly makes me wonder who they used to be, and this brings me to the theory that one of them could be a certain someones brother. 

It's time to move on.

Gonna be honest, the skeletal limbs don't look very strong...

Since this is the CCBS system, I seriously doubt they're going to be any less strong than any other parts. Unless you're talking aesthetic-wise rather than how durable the parts are.

Also, those pictures have me even more excited for the summer wave! Skull Slicer looks really neat, and Ekimu VS. Skull Grinder not only has 2 awesome-looking figures, but also the Mask of Creation, so it's an instant must-buy. :P Also, Grinder's base CCBS torso is... SILVER? That could be pretty useful in MOCs...

Also, Skull Scorpio is now confirmed to have a grabbing tail-stinger-thing. Apparently you could swap out some of the parts on his legs and make them poseable fairly easily, but I probably won't need to move his legs anyway since I'll be using that grab function so much. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Well, cool video and nice to have good pics of the new sets.

Not sure how I feel. Just doesn't feel as solid as the winter wave.

Sure, Ekimu is cool, I feel like the Skull guys don't deliver much and they look abnormally skinny. Nothing really stands out to me other than the Scorpion, because man is that set cool. It also looks more technic-based like LoSS so I'm sure it will be a blast to build.

The Basher isn't bad either.

Also, aside from building Tahu and Onua wrong, they really got the posing down at this ToyFair! Some of the poses (especially most of the Protector's) are fantastic.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Wow, pretty alright sets! I can't stand Skull Slicer, but the rest look pretty decent to say the least. Skull Slicer just looks like a bad MOC though... I'm not a fan of Skull Warrior either. They just look thrown together. Skull Basher and Grinder are my favorites. Not perfect, but they at least look pretty nice. Skull Scorpio is fine, nothing totally special but appears to be pretty well put together. I love Ekimu and think he looks great for a small set though.

The dual color masks are pretty rad, I'm just wondering where the last two are. I'm imagining we'll get them next year? It's kinda strange. I love the skull masks though. They all look great on the figures and are pretty menacing. I'm also interested in seeing what's going on with Skull Basher's function. Glad to see they're trying to shake things up with these guys' functions; Skull Scorpion, Basher and Slicer all attempt a different spin on the regular function from what I can see.

The more angles I see of Skull Scorpion the more I'm convinced they just dreamed too big for the price point. The tail is integrated in the same way gears are integrated into amateur steampunk costplay (a.k.a. it looks tacked on and ugly), the legs and armor on the body both stick out from the torso bone to the extent of making a rather hollow middle, the claws just take the ugly hands from IFB and make them even uglier, and the humanoid head just really isn't workin so hot.

Skull Slicer and Skull Warrior both just have weak designs, but Skull Scorpion is a monster. (The unintentional kind, not the intentional kind.)

Mask Maker: Looks pretty much spot on. I'm glad he has elbows. Better yet, his hammer uses two of those trans blue gun pieces from the iron-man ultra build as the knob. I never got queen beast, so I'm glad to see those chima scalloped armor pieces.

Skull Grinder: A bit spindly, but he has the best color scheme, and has some great parts, including plenty of armor add-ons and axes. Plus he comes with Ekimu and MOC, so whats not to love?

Skull slicer: A bit boney, but those trans-green limbs are calling to me, and you get a whopping six, as well as three swords and other nice pieces. The lack of a new mask is a downer. Even a white recolored spider mask would've been great.

Skull basher: Looks pretty good, But I'll reserve judgement until I can see how his function works. If it is side to side, the horns look like they would interfere.

Skull warrior: A pretty basic one, but the bow looks cool, and he has no real cons other than the rather skeletal construction. He is also the first contraction set to make use of the clips on those feet, so that's something.

Skull scorpio: I don't get it. He is at the same price point as LOSS, so why was loss so good, but scorp so... iffy looking? He looks to have quite a few nice parts, but the function looks very tacked on and bad looking. The claws look pretty good though.

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

I think the biggest issue I have with these is that Skull Slicer uses the Skull Spider mask, not because it's a reuse but because I don't think it looks that good as a mask without the legs on.

But anyway, I know for sure I'll be buying the set with Ekimu.  He just looks so pretty.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Let's just get this out of the way before everyone starts flooding this thread with this statement:

I'M GETTING THE MASK MAKER SET BECAUSE EKIMU AND THE MASK OF CREATION!

Let's get back on topic here, people. I think we can talk about the sets, but it's pretty much unanimous when it comes to Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder: EVERYONE IS GOING TO GET IT FOR THE MASK!

• Upvote 2

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Let's just get this out of the way before everyone starts flooding this thread with this statement:

Let's get back on topic here, people. I think we can talk about the sets, but it's pretty much unanimous when it comes to Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder: EVERYONE IS GOING TO GET IT FOR THE MASK!

I'll be getting all the sets. The skull villains looks amazing. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

I'll be getting all the sets. The skull villains looks amazing. 

Ditto.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Let's get back on topic here, people.

I don't think anyone has gone off-topic.

EVERYONE IS GOING TO GET IT FOR THE MASK!

I'm going to get it because I really like Ekimu's design and colors.  I'm probably not even going to put the Mask of Creation on him because his Protector mask is so cool.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I'm going to get all of them as soon as I can. They have a lot of useful parts, and the masks are great.

I wish either Scorpio or Basher had the mask in a different color, though...other than the Mask of Creation, their mask is the only one released this year that will not be available in at least 2 colors.

Still a pretty great accomplishment, though. Considering after 2003 most masks only got made in one color and one color only....the variety we got this year is pretty amazing in comparison. the Protector mask we're getting in 7 different colors (well, more like 13, in 7 combinations). We haven't gotten a mask in so many colors since like, the Nuva masks.

AXKP5KC.png

Let's just get this out of the way before everyone starts flooding this thread with this statement:

Nah I'm getting it for Skull Grinder. I think he looks awesome, even better than Ekimu.

Mask Maker/Ekimu: Looks epic. Can't say a con about him.

Skull Grinder: Very cool looking.Loving the new ribcage. +MOC? I really like him. Wonder what the 2-packs piece count will be. I just don't think he will stand up too well. Gearbox, swords, and staff add to his top weight. I can picture putting a hardcover book behind him.

Skull Basher:Aside from the Combo pack, my favorite set. Love the horns. And the supposed "bash" function? It might rival the two pack.

Skull Warrior: Generic. The "meh" set of the wave. I bet in the story he will be the troops. Yeah, I like him, but overall, no real pros, but no real cons. Bow looks cool I guess.

Skull Slizer Slicer- I like the 4 armed gear box. But I don't get the point of the Chain if it's a gear box.

Skull Scorpio- Looks fine without the tail. The tail is just a technic mess. But building it, and the function looks cool. I will need to have this set in hand to charge.

cringe

I was interested to see the larger new gears on the new sets. Apparently they are to this gear what the small gears on the Toa are to this gear. And apparently they've also been around since 2010, confirming that I have no idea what's in Technic sets these days.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT MASK MAKER SET!? 

Sorry, Microsoft. Your Xbox will have to wait until Christmas. 

At least I'll have a bit left over after buying a Wii U.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm not certain that I'll be buying any of the summer sets aside from the Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder; I do like the look of Skull Warrior, but otherwise they aren't good enough for me to consider purchasing all of them like I did with the Toa (and plan to do with the Protectors). 

Kind of happy about that too though, to be honest; I don't have that much money, after all. :P

I don't think the four smaller sets are as well developed as they could have been, but they provide a good enough base to work on and have plenty of great parts. I'll be modifying them after I get them, probably a bit extensively, but I'll definitely be getting all of them. That's the beauty of Lego, after all.

AXKP5KC.png