OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Y'all don't know how excited I am :D My immediate reaction would not have passed the filter :P

Those masks look great, and the Skull Gang doesn't look totally atrocious. I'm excited about the Mask of Creation right there, definitely getting that! I wonder if there are small sets or something just out of frame? That's my only reasoning for the apparent lack of semi-trans Hau and Kaukau. I really hope we get those.

You can see the ending of the table.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The only thing I am disappointed about is the silver Skull Spider mask. I don't mind the mold being reused, but I really hoped for a white one, or at least a new color.

Speaking of masks, it looks like Grinder and Warrior share a mask mold, and though we can't see it well I think so do Basher and Scorpion. I kind of wish there was more variety, and perhaps more colors, but they still look pretty interesting.

I think Scorpio and Basher have unique mask molds, look at their box covers on the wall behind them. Scorpio has some thick ridges above his eyes and a generally round face, whereas Basher's is sharp, and looks like an animal skull of some sort.

I think Basher's box art is a bit too tiny to really make out any details, since it's not right in the foreground like Scorpion's. The angle and size may account for the differences.The general shape of both masks seems very similar to me. I don't know how likely it would be for Lego to make such similar masks, seeing as how they're evidently not opposed to repeating themselves here. (it's especially telling that Grinder, who appaers to be the big bad of the wave, doesn't even have his own unique mask)

I would certainly be pleasantly surprised if Basher did have his own, though. I don't think that mask would sit him all that well...

edit: as far as the Hau and Kaukau go, right now I'm really hoping for a store exclusive set or two with those. We haven't had a store-exclusive constraction set since 2010, so I don't know how likely it would be but...if there were more sets and they were store exclusive, it would explain why we haven't heard about them. I can only hope.

Edited by farmstink buttlass

AXKP5KC.png

I don't think we will get more than the five sets seen, since the set names have been known for quite some time now.

Note about Skull Slicer: His upper arms have a large gear that rotate a small gear on the lower set of arms. So when you use the gear function, the upper arms will rotate more than the lower ones...interesting design choice, perhaps it's so they won't collide.

IetTsFQ.png

Y'all don't know how excited I am :D My immediate reaction would not have passed the filter :P

Those masks look great, and the Skull Gang doesn't look totally atrocious. I'm excited about the Mask of Creation right there, definitely getting that! I wonder if there are small sets or something just out of frame? That's my only reasoning for the apparent lack of semi-trans Hau and Kaukau. I really hope we get those.

You can see the ending of the table.

Oh, drat. More promotions, maybe? 

I wonder if that screen was playing some unseen promotional stuff for the Summer sets?

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I don't think we will get more than the five sets seen, since the set names have been known for quite some time now.

Note about Skull Slicer: His upper arms have a large gear that rotate a small gear on the lower set of arms. So when you use the gear function, the upper arms will rotate more than the lower ones...interesting design choice, perhaps it's so they won't collide.

I'm not an expert on gears, but I'm pretty sure it's the other way around; the lower gears will rotate more quickly than the upper ones.

But aren't store exclusives usually not revealed until later? As far as I know, store exclusives hardly if ever show up at toy fairs, so there's some chance there's something we don't know about yet. I might be wrong about that, though...

AXKP5KC.png

I'm not an expert on gears, but I'm pretty sure it's the other way around; the lower gears will rotate more quickly than the upper ones.

This is true.  Also, I think the intent is for them to collide, because with a simple two-gear setup like the set appears to have the arms will rotate in opposite directions.

OpAXNpl.jpg

D'oh! You're right.

But aren't store exclusives usually not revealed until later? As far as I know, store exclusives hardly if ever show up at toy fairs, so there's some chance there's something we don't know about yet. I might be wrong about that, though...

Maybe, but I was thinking Protector-sized sets similar to the winter wave. It's possible we get a store-exlusive full-sized set later, like the Toa Hagah, but I recall reading that LEGO doesn't do that anymore.

This is true.  Also, I think the intent is for them to collide, because with a simple two-gear setup like the set appears to have the arms will rotate in opposite directions.

I meant that having one set of arms rotate less would reduce collision, while still having them rotate in opposite directions. If the gears were the same size, they would collide more often (I think...)

IetTsFQ.png

Guys!!! Look at this picture from BS01:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/1898362_767103043375479_4466193655042235939_o.jpg

Note that each set comes with a blended Toa Mask. Skull Warrior has a Gold/trans light blue Akaku, Skull Slicer has a Gold/trans green Miru, Skull Basher has a Gold/trans purple Pakari, and Skull Scorpio has a Gold/trans light green Kakama! I am loving these sets!!! Now I want a blended Hau and a blended Kaukau!!

~Daler

According to what we heard from London Toy Fair, these five sets are all we're getting for the summer. It's possible there might still be a retailer exclusive set we haven't heard about yet (or even a retailer exclusive polybag like the Rocket Raccoon and Dareth vs. Nindroid ones at Toys 'R' Us last year), but other than that there aren't likely to be any 2015 sets that aren't on display here.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/1898362_767103043375479_4466193655042235939_o.jpg

Note that each set comes with a blended Toa Mask. Skull Warrior has a Gold/trans light blue Akaku, Skull Slicer has a Gold/trans green Miru, Skull Basher has a Gold/trans purple Pakari, and Skull Scorpio has a Gold/trans light green Kakama! I am loving these sets!!! Now I want a blended Hau and a blended Kaukau!!

It's already been posted last page.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I meant that having one set of arms rotate less would reduce collision, while still having them rotate in opposite directions. If the gears were the same size, they would collide more often (I think...)

I'm not quite following.  The gear ratio shouldn't have an effect on how often the arms collide within the limited range of these functions.

I can't really speculate on why the function is the way it is until we find out more, though.

OpAXNpl.jpg

It's already been posted last page.
Okay.

~Daler

Sorry, I didn't know BZPower rules about such pictures (anyway it's already on internet).

Oh, silly leaker. This is not the place for such content. Sorry.

Talk for yourself, please.

How about I talk for everyone.

Leaked content is not to be posted or discussed anywhere on BZPower as per the request of The Lego Group.

Wanna know how we got all those exclusive looks at Bionicle, it's because we follow that rule. Cool? Cool.

Fine, I already understood and wrote "sorry". Any problems now?

Good luck for talking for all in future.

Hey, let's not be disrespectful to our beloved Fuhrer! Er, I mean moderator...

I don't know how keeping back illegal images (not to mention for benefits from lego) somehow makes the mod team a dictatorship. 

I wasn't trying to call him a dictator, Fuhrer doesn't always mean that, lol. It means leader or guide, Hitler just gave it a bad rap. I'm sure Makaru knows I wasn't being disrespectful. 

My alleged warcrimes aside, let's bring this back on topic thank you.

If you are indeed guilty of any warcrimes, confess before the Vahki find you.

We have our first non-leaked picture of the Summer wave!

lego-new-sets-spielwarenmesse-bionicle-t

Whoa. Wasn't expecting this! Those blended Toa masks look very nice, but the lack of Tahu and Gali masks upsets me...perhaps we'll get those in some sort of exclusive though? Told ya'll these guys were undead BTW! Glad to see the Mask of Creation and the gold/blue Protector mask!

• Upvote 1

I'm not familiar with the pieces used for Scorpio's legs, am I correct in assuming that they have zero articulation?

@Bfa I thought the upper-arms could swing farther forward without striking the lower arms, it's hard for me to speculate on that without handling the gearbox though. Sorry for being confusing.

Edited by Nescent

IetTsFQ.png

One thing to think about insofar as Gali is that, if they made a color blend of her mask, they'd be forced to choose between two unfortunate options:

1. Use trans light blue for the blend, which would prove redundant in color with Kopaka
  2. Use trans dark blue for the blend, which isn't a color used anywhere else on Gali, thus removing from the idea of the colors matching the Toa (arguably Lewa already breaks this, but trans bright green is a much better match for bright green than trans dark blue is for Dark Azur)

Neither of those options is ultimately very satisfying, so it could be that, when they found they didn't have the budget to make enough masks to include all six, Gali's was one to get cut. (Not sure why Tahu was cut, besides the fact that they couldn't make a villain with trans neon orange for a secondary color because it would be redundant with Skull Grinder.)

I'm not familiar with the pieces used for Scorpio's legs, am I correct in assuming that they have zero articulation?

They're the pieces introduced in trans light blue in Hero Factory and Chima last year, except in either gunmetal or black. Absolutely no articulation.

While the trans-marbled masks look really cool, from a MOCing perspective I wish they were solid gold, as that would give pairs of the gold masks for someone collecting all sets, which allows for a lot more options. Marbled parts are pretty tricky to properly incorporate without disrupting color schemes.

Also, yay for more of the new Chima ultrabuild shell extension! Those black spider legs look pretty useful too.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

One thing to think about insofar as Gali is that, if they made a color blend of her mask, they'd be forced to choose between two unfortunate options:

• Use trans light blue for the blend, which would prove redundant in color with Kopaka
  • Use trans dark blue for the blend, which isn't a color used anywhere else on Gali, thus removing from the idea of the colors matching the Toa (arguably Lewa already breaks this, but trans bright green is a much better match for bright green than trans dark blue is for Dark Azur)
Neither of those options is ultimately very satisfying, so it could be that, when they found they didn't have the budget to make enough masks to include all six, Gali's was one to get cut. (Not sure why Tahu was cut, besides the fact that they couldn't make a villain with trans neon orange for a secondary color because it would be redundant with Skull Grinder.)

While your explanation for Gali makes sense, Tahu's mask not appearing is a bit inexplicable, seeing as his mask is perhaps the most iconic of the bunch. I wonder if his (and maybe Gali's, in who knows what color) might appear in some unrevealed store-exclusive sets for the second half of the year.

Also, while the lack of articulation in Skull Scorpio's legs is a bummer, I'm pleased as punch that they're finally coming out in a color that the smaller versions (the ones from the Chima Scorpion and Spider tribes) already exist in. I imagine that having both sizes in the same color will open up some interesting MOCing opportunities.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

1. Use trans light blue for the blend, which would prove redundant in color with Kopaka
  2. Use trans dark blue for the blend, which isn't a color used anywhere else on Gali, thus removing from the idea of the colors matching the Toa (arguably Lewa already breaks this, but trans bright green is a much better match for bright green than trans dark blue is for Dark Azur)

They're the pieces introduced in trans light blue in Hero Factory and Chima last year, except in either gunmetal or black. Absolutely no articulation.

If Tahu's mask isn't coming, it's because we already have 4 versions of it in existence: The red one, the golden one, the NYCC transparent clear one, and the promotional transparent orange one. As some have suggested though, Tahu's & Gali's marbled masks might show up in a store-exclusive set or another promotional set.

Wouldn't it be cool if a marbled Gali mask was gold everywhere except the visor?

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I find it hilarious that Ekimu's shield uses an ornate wheel piece that was first introduced this year for the Disney princess sets.

Wasn't it introduced last year, not this year? I recall seeing it on one of the Cinderella sets. And yeah, it's funny. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Regarding colors for Gali and Tahu's masks...

There's a possibility the blended masks would simply share the same trans color as their respective Protector's mask, rather than colors specific to the Toa. If these blended masks represent the Golden Masks when they're, like...powered up with elemental energy, or...something...then perhaps the trans colors the Protectors use are specific to each element. That would seem to make the most sense to me. So Gali's would be trans dark blue, and Tahu's would be...trans yellow? Ok, I can't really picture that one.

And I guess Ekimu's mask may mess that theory up too....(unless it turns out he is wearing an ice mask for whatever reason)

bleh. dumb theory i guess.

Speaking of Ekimu, though. I find it a bit odd that he seems to have trans lime green eyes, instead of light blue. That just seems out of place.

AXKP5KC.png

^ I think light blue eyes on Ekimu would blend in with the transparent part of his mask, so he has green eyes for contrast. Same reason the PoS has blue eyes, since he has trans lime green in his mask.

I suppose, but I mean...that didn't stop the Protector of Ice.

AXKP5KC.png

Something you might miss in that image: Skull Slicer (with four arms) has a unique weapon in one of his left hands. It is a bright red chain thing, with a grappler at the end, supposedly to grab a mask.

Its also attached to Skull Scorpion, which either means he is somehow related to SS (Think Vezon and Fennrakk), or garbage toy fair posing.

Self MOC: Fren

How lewd

I need to figure out how that bow on Skull Warrior is built. It is probably similar to the one in PoJ, but I hope they make something different in terms of diversity in design.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that these could be swarm enemies, much like the Visorak or the Bohrok?

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

I need to figure out how that bow on Skull Warrior is built. It is probably similar to the one in PoJ, but I hope they make something different in terms of diversity in design.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that these could be swarm enemies, much like the Visorak or the Bohrok?

idk something about them makes me think they're designed to be opponents of specific Toa (such as having their masks and sharing their associated translucent color) so I'd guess we're only seeing one of each.

(of course that'd mean Gali has no opponent but since when did LEGO care about female characters lol)