Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Xi

The first thing he noticed was that he couldn't smell the refectory slop anymore.

Also, the refectory had gotten really soft all of a sudden.

No, no, he was in the hall. Yes, the hall. He was walking, worrying about Canvas... Oh, poor Canvas! How could he apologize? She basically hates him now. And Hollow... Would he think he was weak? Would he think he was pathetic because he cared? That he valued life, and didn't want to fight all the time? What would he do?

Oh no. He would kill her, wouldn't he? No, no, he couldn't! He w-wouldn't...

Deep down, he knew the answer was yes. Despite how much Canvas showed love for those helping her, nothing could compare to the sense of dedication from Hollow, not even the fear of the Makuta. He knew he would kill her if Xi lost even one of his arms thanks to her. And now- And now-

In his mind's eye, he could see Hollow viciously ripping her apart with her bare hands. No! That can't happen! I won't let it!

His eyes slowly opened. Infirmary. Bed. Palma walking away. What was-

And two Rahkshi were staring at him. He jolted slightly, trying to push away from them, only to find he was lying on two of his arms. Dangit.

IC Hollow

In the armory, he was holding two swords.

Garrote's, and a machete with a wooden handle.

Angry that he could not decide between the two, he slammed the machete into the wood of one of the shields and then-

Huh. Metal sticks into wood. He pulled the machete out of the wood shield, and thought about it long and hard. With a smile, he carried both swords and the shield out of the armory. Outside, however, he found both porters by the door - which weren't there when he went in - stared at him hard. With a look of baffled rage between the two, he growled and stormed off to another portion of the gym.

--IC: Luffy: In the Infirmary--

The four-armed guy was awake now!  He looked scared.

"Whoa there, buddy," Luffy said calmly.  "You're all right.  You passed out in the hallway, so we brought you here to the Infirmary.  Palma's looking after you.  You're going to be just fine."

IC: Fate - Infirmary

"Oh yes, most definitely. All of this remains up to her."

I'd certainly said this before. Perhaps bringing Melody into this discussion alone wasn't the best approach.

IC: Phantom - Ruins on the Water

She is Phantom. Her fingers pressed into her chest. It was almost like finding a name all over again, finding another part of what had been missing.

"Thank yoh," Phantom struggled only slightly, tongue catching in her mouth.

IC: Mahara (Infirmary)

"What happened to you?"

IC: Romulus and Remus (Gym)

"I am his cunning."

Edited by Kovsorr the Collector

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

"Your brother?  What about him?" Luffy asked, wrapping his arm around the four-armed Rahkshi's shoulders in an attempt to comfort him.

"Who is your brother? What did he do?" she asks worriedly.

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

IC Xi

He sat up and spent another two minutes breathing heavily before looking back up at the pair, his eyes slightly red.

"I recently joined a group in the school trying to promote non-violence, but then I got kicked out by the l-leader for- I don't know. I guess I'm not good enough." He almost began sobbing again, but caught himself before he started. "M-my brother is incredibly de-defensiv-ve. He-"

He stopped for a few seconds. "He threatened her before, if anything was to happen to me because of her. And now- I-I'm a nervous wreck. If... If he saw me like this, he m-might..."

Again he almost broke out bawling. "H-he is incredibly strong. I f-fear he might- He might-"

He paused for another minute. When he spoke again he seemed, at the moment, to have a more solid grip on himself. "If he tried to kill her, he would no doubt succeed. Then I know for sure the headmaster would butcher him for it. H-he doesn't want to hurt people, he just... Cares too much to... To let anything happen."

"I felt so terrible. Just the thought of anyone dying because of me, especially my dear brother, it... It's just...    I can't take it!!" He finally burst into tears, covering his face in his hands again.

IC: Torch - Halls

"I'm not sure..." I say uncertainly. I think for a second. "I always thought that maybe I could teach other people about it, but I never really had any friends to teach...and when I tried to teach strangers, it never seemed to end well." Honestly, I never cared very much: not about the friends thing or the teaching thing. But now I feel a bit guilty that I didn't try harder - after all, the Fire has done plenty for me, and it's always a Good Thing to be nice to people who are nice to you.

Kathok

"Whoa there, buddy," Luffy said as the four-armed guy started bawling.  He began to rub the four-armed guy's back softly, hoping the touch would soothe him.  "Look, we're going to get this all worked out.  So your brother... wants to kill someone... because you did something?  Am I getting that right?"

"There, there," she says soothingly, and puts her hand on Xi's shoulder.

"Calm down. Tell us what it is."

Edited by Kovsorr the Collector

///////

Mahara soothingly pats Xi on the shoulders.

///////

IC: Phantom - Ruins on the Water

The world seemed to be trapped in a state of surrealism. What light there was in the dark swathes of night was muted and broken by the mist. These two figures, strangers to each other only hours before, had somehow connected in the most bizarre yet seemingly ordinary circumstances. For one reason or another, these two were now bound by a force unseen and unmeasurable.

"That... is good."

For all the smiling she'd been doing, Phantom's face was tired of stretching back the mandibles and plates, so she settled with a subtler, more content smile. She was beginning to fatigue again, the bad feeling in her limbs and stomach was beginning to return.

IC: Kekepua - Hallways

"Hmm, I suppose that's true. Returning favors can prove invaluable."

In one graceful movement, the beast was now sitting upon the ground, crouched between their magnificent legs.

IC: Orimnoc
Orimnoc snarled as the superheated blade slashed shallow singed wounds into her wrists. The punch to the face also took her by surprise, throwing her off for a short moment as she growled with pain. However, Torc would find that punching a spiky helmet would be just as painful for him as (if not more than) it would be for the one on the punch's receiving end. 

Quickly refocusing her efforts, Orimnoc decided to seal the deal on Torc tearing up his armour on the multiple spikes that had punctured into him (as it says right here), simply continuing to force her blade further into Torc, thrusting her arms to swiftly move it through now that there was no other resistance against it.

• Upvote 1

IC: Torc - Gym

Feeling the weapon shred his torso to bits as the metal continued to tear itself apart, Torc forced himself to endure the agony as his mind raced, trying to plan out his next move as a guttural hiss escaped his throat.

It's just the suit.

On the upside, he had, at least, partially succeeded, and the sword likely wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

It's just... the suit.

On the downside, that was part of the problem.

It's just... the suit...

Watching his hands start to tremble as his vision began to fade, he knew he had to act quickly before the last of his strength disappeared.

It's just... the... oh, screw it...

Catching a glimpse of his opponent's otherwise still occupied hands complete their excrutiating task, Torc simply let himself slump forward, the tips of his blades burying themselves in the sand as he appeared to have passed out... only to strike a moment later when it was least expected. With one arm, he reached around their side, hand still faintly throbbing from the blow that had nearly turned it into swiss cheese, and attempted to drive the first blade through their lower back, fully expecting to end up impaling himself in the process should it have even successfully landed in the first place. As for it's twin, he quickly raised that in the air as well, immediately plunging it down towards the spot where Kraata case met shoulder blades in an effort to stab at the other suit's spinal column and hopefully disrupt its ability to operate completely.

Mutually... assured... destruction...

And then, for a split second, he felt their temperature begin to decrease as he inevitably lost consciousness and fell towards the platform.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

"Tube, please run to the Infirmary, get a stretcher, and bring it back here." Thurisaz directed his sleepier vassal - they needed to get Torc to the Infirmary, that one had gotten bloody quickly. It was definitely over now though. "That would be a victory for Orimnoc," he announced, moving Orimnoc's name forward and scratching out her opponent's. "Please be careful reclaiming your weapon. The fight is over: do not inflict any further injury." he instructed Orimnoc.

And shortly, the final two matches were wrapping up as well. "Vyper is the victor in her fight against Kaboom," the tournament host soon declared, adding before long, "And wrapping things up, Diode is victorious against Beat."

"Well fought, winners and losers alike! There was excellent strength and strategy on display in round one, which is now concluded. There will be a few minutes for remaining contestants to heal, recuperate, and prepare as they see fit. Then we'll get started on round two!"

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Vyper - Gym.

I let out a breath I hadn't even realised I was holding, relief flooding my system. There was no pride in this victory; my opponent had put up a commendable fight, and I'd only won on a technicality. 

But victory was victory, and I was through to the next round. That was all that truly mattered.

Clambering down off the dais, I gathered up my cloak and dropped weapons, and headed for the infirmary. My injuries weren't severe, and in truth were entirely tolerable, but it was best not to offer any undue advantages to my next prospective opponent. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Orimnoc had been cautiously nudging Torc's unconscious body with her foot when Thurisaz announced her victory. She breathed a sigh of relief. It seemed like there was a chance she would face the one she'd entered this tournament for after all. Shrugging at Thurisaz's request for her being careful with removing the sword, she put a foot on Torc and, although not roughly, somewhat carelessly pulled the sword out of her opponent and stored it on her back.

It was only when walking off the platform that her adrenaline began wearing off, and the pain started to set in. She grimaced as she looked down on her hands. They were severely burnt, and there were shallow singed cuts on her wrists. She could also feel where the hot sand had stung into her back. She decided that hurrying to the infirmary was a good idea, and as she made her way down the hallways and entered the infirmary, she could also feel a slight numbness to her face where Torc had punched her.

IC Diode:

Something akin to satisfaction washed over me, though overshadowed by the realization that my victory had largely been die to my opponent underestimating me than any particularly skilled fighting in my part.

Still, as I made my way back to the Gym after getting my hand healed, I felt a little more confident in myself.

And even some part of me was looking forward to the next round.

IC: Exxan - Gym.

Now that the final round had reached its conclusion, I found myself drawn back to the tournament board. Apart from Glass', I didn't recognise any of the names of those who had made it through. Judging by the fact that no one was bothering me, though, I suspected that no one recognised my name either.

It was harrowing to realise just how quickly one could be forgotten.

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Library.

I thought you didn't like reading.

I don't, but you do. You seem to trust books more than you trust me. 

Your point being?

The only way I'm going to convince you that all fusions are doomed is if we can find a book that says so.

Um... that's not really how it works... 

It's a start.

IC: Vyper - Gym.

After having my injuries seen to at the infirmary, I detoured through one of the washrooms to scrub the blood off my armour, and returned to the gym. The next round was surely going to begin soon, and I wanted the opportunity to size up my competition first. 

IC: Geuua - Gym.

At last, the first round was over.

While the way the battles had dragged on had been tedious to watch, the fact that I'd finished my fight early on, and had time to rest and recover, would hopefully allow me to fare better against the more recent victors. 

Now I just had to wait and see who I got paired up against for the next round... 

OOC: Apologies, I must've missed this:

--IC: Exigent: In the Refectory--

"Oh my.  Have a temper on us, have we?"

IC: Sliver - Gym.

"No temper, just a low tolerance for intrusive rahks who don't know how to mind their own karzing business." 

Edited by The Good Guys

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Diode - Gym:

There was that Vacuum Rahkshi again. Looked like they won their fight, too. Maybe they'd been lucky, like I was?

I frowned. That seemed unlikely, but they didn't have the same stance as the fighting enthusiasts. Maybe that was intentional?

I frowned deeper, as my thoughts carried on, not realizing that I was still staring, and now frowning quite visibly at the Vacuum Rahk.

"Can I help you?" I asked politely, turning away from the board to face the rahk who was none-too-subtly staring at me. 

"Thanks..." Orimnoc grunted as Palma finished mending her wounds. She promptly left the Infirmary and returned to the Gym, gazing over the several rahkshi located here before locating the one she recognized. Her preferred opponent. She hoped she would face them in the next round, since she wasn't much in the mood to make her way through more unworthy opponents.

IC Diode:

Their words broke me out of my thoughts, and I realized I'd been staring.

"S-sorry! I was just uh... Well I was studying you, and you seem different from the others, so I was thinking about why that would be, and I guess I got lost in thought while doing so...." I trailed off before I started babbling.

"That's all," I finished lamely.

"Different how?" 

IC Fountain

In the gym he strode.

The roll of papers under his arm, the first thing he did was place one by the doorframe. Then he abruptly walked right up to Glass and dropped one right in front of his face.

Turning on his heel, he left at a surprising pace, his mail groaning as he moved as fast as he could. If Glass happened to read the paper, this is what it would say:

WANTED

Tall Student with silver body and jaw attachment, customized fins, mail skirt, type Mind Reading. Capture alive.
Reward: Free trip to the Mainland

IC Diode:

"Your posture. The way you carry yourself. It's not like all the fighting types. It's.... Relaxed, I suppose?"

I shook my head.

"No, that's not right.... It's...hard to describe."

I furrowed my brow, idly fiddling with my jaw ring.

"I've seen you in the Library, too, so you don't strike me as the type to take part in this sort of competition. Though I suppose I could say the same about myself, in that regard."

"I suppose all this sums up to you don't seem like, say.... That Rahk over there." I indicated an excited looking Dodgerahk.

"Or that one," I continued, indicating the Rahkshi with modified legs.

"I was just trying to see if I could figure out why you seem so different from them." I shrugged.

"Maybe it's because I don't enjoy it the way they do," I replied, after taking a few moments to decide whether it was worth opening up to this stranger, "I fight out of necessity, not because I like hurting others. I know I need to be able to defend myself to survive." 

"Older than most," I conceded, glancing briefly back towards Glass, "But in this place, you can never know what to expect." 

IC Diode:

So there was a second one as well, if their glance was anything to say for it. Older than the rest of the student body. By how long? Days? Weeks? Months, even?

I didn't know how long our new intelligence had come around, all texts had been vague and implied that it might have been much longer than even the Makuta expected.

But I did know that this place was only around six months old. Assuming that the initial batch hadn't all been killed(finding anyone older than a month was rare, I'd found) it stood to reason that this Rahk could very well be one of them, which of course meant-

"You're like the Prefects...." A half whisper. Almost only speaking to myself.

"I'm not like those sadists," I spat, the casual reminder of my sibling's newfound position of authority sending a twinge of anger through me, "Most of them got here after me, anyway."