Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

GM IC:

For Oblitus, Pharos was visible in the distance, the air clear and cool this far north. Behind him stood the ruins of the old cities. In front of him was a long and curving peninsula, the paved streets of the old world continued on for a distance before it slowly became less and less civilized. At the end of the peninsula stood a thick bank of decidedly unnatural looking fog, like a cloud had come out of the blue sky and condensed around something.

"I am a Toa, the owner of that Kanohi if I must be specific." The stranger responded to Zeleran.

At the very end of the hall, Akuavo would find the last door to contain not a room, but a staircase descending. The walls of the stairway were bare stone, unfurnished and unfinished compared to the opulent mansion around it.

Edited by Lugh

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Approaching Pharos. 

If past experience was anything to go by, there was probably something really unpleasant waiting for me in that fog. But I didn't see any other way to get to Pharos, so I set off into the murk. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC:

Aion took the mask, bowing graciously and somewhat surprisingly.

"End is a subjective term, Vo-Matoran. I can 'end' the world no more than you could" When Ikira spoke up, he strode to the windows, golden Kanohi still in his hand.

"What you are seeing is the vast and endless silver sea, the lifeblood deep beneath the world's thin skin and all the myriad roots of trees, mountains and civilization."

The stairway grew cold and damp, opening into a cellar of sorts below the mansion. Unlit lamps lined the darkened walls before them, the light from the top of the stairway feeble down below.

Under the sound of waves and the almost solid ambiance of the fog lay the sound of Oblitus' footfalls, the ground he tread slowly turning from pavement to gravel to softer and looser trail. The bank of fog looked to break soon ahead, the barest pinpricks of sunlight coming through.

But, even inside, there was enough light to see and be seen by.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Approaching Pharos.

At this point, I was really regretting not installing rearview mirrors on the Lupus. I just hoped my enhanced hearing would be enough to prevent any one or thing out here from sneaking up on me. 

I continued onwards, making my way towards the light ahead. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: IKIRA

"Fascinating," the Su-Matoran murmured.

Her right hand rested upon the window as she gazed out over the silver expanse, considering the possibilities of it. Could there be other lands, other treasures, hidden beneath the ground? Was exploring this silver sea possible, or even worth it? 

She had her doubts - not the least of which was that the Jatikko crew lacked the transportation that would be necessary, as well as the means to get such a vehicle down undetected in the first place.

IC: 

"You know Kaela, you ever wonder what it would be like to...you know...actually walk to places? Instead of riding around in a tank crushing everything in your path?" Skyra said this as he drove Destiny over pretty much everything in his path. No shrub, rock, or tree was spared as he went straight through the terrain. It all looked the same anyway...especially after they ran over it.

"I guess we'll never know." Skyra said with a shrug, before grabbing a handheld radio with one hand and driving in the other. "Ops this is the Destiny, please come in...Ops will you please ###### answer the ###### radio?" They'd been trying to get a response from Ops...or anyone really, for some time now. They'd checked the radio multiple times, and had decided they were simply out of range of any signals. The trip up those mountains hadn't been the best idea, but he could have sworn it had been a short cut, really!

"I'm gonna get ###### cabin fever, I swear...." 

Edited by Leonard Bones McCoy

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Cor Saeva - Nuef. 

Buying as many bottles as I could afford with what little money I had on hand, I stuffed it all in a bag and started heading back towards where I'd left Zekev and the tank. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

GM IC:

After a few minutes of searching, the Ash Hound was cleared and let into the state of Neuf. Used to frontier technology and oddities out of the west, the soldiers barely batted an eye at any of the strange stuff that Cor Saeva and Zekev had collected through their adventures.

IC: Cor Saeva - Neuf Streets.

Leaving Zekez back at the garage to mind the Hound, I took to the streets, rifle slung across my shoulder, machete in its sheath. I was in search of a bar. After everything that had happened recently, I needed a karzing drink.

IC: Zekev

Home!

Oh boy, I love the stink of the outskirts. Not. Observing a crochety old Skakdi dump a truckful of nightsoil in front of the tank like I wasn't there, the issue of sanitation came back to mind.

I wonder if my clan is still here? Eh, it's not like they remember me. If I know anything about Skakdi clans, the smart ones moved out and the lucky ones died.

Man, when did I get so bitter?

Sipping my coffee, I waited for Cor to come back.

Edited by Norik Apple Juice

IC: Cor Saeva - Nuef. 

"I'm back!" I announced to Zekez, hammering on the Hound's hatch with my fist a few times before yanking it open and clambering inside. "And I have brought alcohol!" 

IC: Zeleran - Circadian

The Steltian raises an eyebrow, but remains silent. What implications could these discoveries have for the crew of the Jatikko? Perhaps Zeleran would at last be able to return to his old ways, a commander of many. Yes, he could see it now...legions marching across vast silver cities, fleets gliding gracefully across the liquid platinum sea. His attention returns to the stranger. The blue warrior is hungry for information, but asking a lot in one go might put off this "Toa". Instead, he asks a simple yet obvious question: "What power does this kanohi actually hold?"

IC: Olis - Ruins of Ascension

A thought occurs to me, and I dive into my satchel to retrieve my data tablet. Instead, my hand brushes against something cold and slimy. I pull my arm out quickly and reflexively, disgusted by the texture...after a few moments I've emptied the contents of the bag onto one of the flatter sections of rubble. Lying there, staring up at me, is a sight I never thought I'd see again: it's the fleshy Kanohi that was once attached to the face of the strange being we found in the tomb. It looks like it's grinning.

Kathok

GM IC:

The mask isn't just grinning, it's talking. Or rather it's talking in his head, the twisted gnarled face doesn't move, but he can hear voices and see things. Was the poor Ba-Toa simply going insane?

Why?

Why?

Whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhy

The Toa shakes his head at the question of payment, perhaps a little wistfully. The question posed by the Steltian is sufficiently cerebral for him to bother answering with words. "It is the Kanohi Vahi, the mask of Time. I have long sought it to combine it with my own powers, but it has been hidden down here for many years, secreted away by old enemies and set here powering this old defunct clock..."

Oblitus soon broke through the fog bank, he was greeted by a single lonely bridge. It crossed the gap between where he stood, the very end of the peninsula at the tip of the island and the island across the narrow sea channel. It was large, about the size of Treize or Neuf and surprisingly green, the wall of fog extended for many kios beyond, encircling the whole island and wrapping around behind him. Inside the weather was warm and balmy, the towering walls of fog giving way to blue sky and clear sun at the top.

The land across the bridge seemed deceptively low, many short squat buildings stood in even, square rows. Overgrown by vegetation and softened by thousands of years of weathering. They sloped downwards towards a tall central building, rotund and tall enough to barely crack the line made by the others, the streets were covered in similar overgrowth, but underneath were paved like the old world cities. On the far left side of the island stood a sea port with several ancient ships stationed there.

...but close to it

IC:

"Just sayin', it's missing the best man from Neuf." The Le-Matoran shrugged and swiveled his chair back towards the radio, slipping his headset back over his ears. He cleared his throat while adjusting the nobs, bringing the mic close to his face. "Kale, here. Boss says we're on our way."

IC:

"Oh, I would not be so sure."

Liare had warmed many a cold November night in the commander's bunk.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Oblitus - Pharos. 

This place looked ridiculously tranquil and idyllic. I knew better than to trust appearances, and this place seemed even less trustworthy than most. Keeping the Lupus' elemental cannon powered up and my senses alert, I started across the bridge towards the island. 

IC: Cor Saeva - Ash hound.

"All the more for me, then," I shrugged, dropping the bag next to my seat, "So, now what do we do?" 

IC: Cor Saeva - Ash Hound.

I leaned up to close the hatch as I mulled over his question, "I don't think so. I was considering informing the council about what I saw in the canyon, and everything else we've seen, but I don't know if they'll believe us." 

GM IC: Jungle Squid

Retracting a few of its limbs in an attempt to pull itself back towards the canopy, the squid fired off another stream of water as it tried to blend back in with its surroundings, aiming to slowly make its way behind the Matoran in order to surprise him yet again, this time with a barrage of tentacles aimed at his flank.

GM IC: Seize Military - Seize (Prison)

"I figured you would change your mind after hearing what I had to say," Rickert continued, turning towards his underling with the sniper rifle. "Uncuff him."

Leaning the weapon up against the wall, the Skakdi brandished a set of keys before positioning himself behind Lohi as he proceeded to release him from his restraints.

"Oh, and bring in the other one while you're at it."

A few moments after leaving the room, another Ga-Matoran with a bag over his head was ushered inside before being forced to kneel on the floor between them.

"Prisoner #832705-6B, otherwise known as Lohi, I now hereby pronounce you deceased as a result of a conflict in which you escaped your bonds and attempted to assault one of the guards, ultimately resulting in him using lethal force to defend himself. Forgive me for not saying anything to commemorate the moment, but frankly, I don't really give a Karz."

Tossing the folder towards Lohi before replacing his keys, he then proceeded to brandish a greypowder pistol before leveling it at the second prisoner's forehead and squeezing the trigger, effectively repainting a section of the wall directly behind him with his very own brain matter. Sliding the gun back into its holster as if nothing had ever happened, he then turned away from both of them momentarily before continuing to speak.

"Now that that nasty bit of business is out of the way, it's time to go into detail about what exactly you'll be doing for me," he grumbled. "The target will be publicly addressing the citizenry from the balcony pictured in one of the many photographs accompanying those documents I just gave you, ironically on the very same day your execution was previously scheduled for, believe it or not. He has a very unfortunate habit of treating the military here in this great city as if they were his personal playthings, even though he probably wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for us constantly protecting him from those who would wish to do him and his family harm over the years, and frankly, I'm quite tired of it. That's where you come in."

"Your vantage point is a location that has been previously scouted out for you a few buildings away, and everything you need to perform your task will have been previously stashed there by the time of your arrival. I have taken the liberty of redirecting all patrols away from the spot in question, so you should be able to escape without too much difficulty after the task has been completed. The speech itself is going to be broadcasted throughout the remainder of Seize via radio transmission, and, for maximum effect, of course, you will be timing your shot alongside a certain word that you will also be provided with once I obtain the written version of the final draft. Successfully do this without exposing us, and, after you collect your rewards, you will be free to leave."

Pivoting his head back towards Lohi, the corner of his mouth raised in a slight smirk as he did so, he then prepared himself to reveal the most important detail of the plan yet.

"As for the target's identity, you'll be having the distinct pleasure of putting a bullet in His Imperial Majesty himself, Emperor Lhii of Seize."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Still.... I kind of feel like I should at least try..."

IC: Lufon Vance - Seize Bar. 

I'd stopped to get a drink while I waited for Draco's contact to arrive. But then I'd heard the news - the emperor himself would be giving a public address in the upcoming days. 

It was time to make a few modifications to my plan, and maybe even kill two birds with one stone...

"As long as they don't try to throw us in another cell or anything dumb like that..."

IC:

"Feel pretty safe in saying I'm right." The Le-Matoran commented, almost obliviously, as he pushed the mic away from his mouth again. "Whoever's driving, step on it. Unless y'all need me to drive, too."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Oooh! I wanna drive! I'm commander. You have to listen to me. You don't want to be a mutineer, do you, Radio Officer?"

Tilla pronounced the three syllables with a sort of sick, abject pleasure.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"If I drove this thing, there wouldn't be anything left standing between us and Neuf. By all means, Boss, go ahead." His chair swiveled again so he faced towards the front of the tank, propping his feet up and putting his hands behind his head. "Besides, means I don't have to do anything for the trip."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

"Meatshield?" I rolled my eyes, "You really know how to make a girl feel special, don't you?"