New Sets Revealed at London Toy Fair

The folks over at Brick Fanatics are lucky enough to be at the London Toy Fair, and while they can't take pictures, they do have set numbers, prices (UK), names, and some of their initial thoughts posted on their site. While they haven't shared any Bionicle set info yet, there is some information about Scooby Doo and Jurassic World which could both be cool, along with Friends, City, Ultra Agents, and Superheroes. BZPower will be at New York Toy Fair in less than a month to take pictures and provide our own coverage of the 2015 lineup!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Wait.

Scooby-Doo?

WHAT.

I hope they're based on Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! That's the quintessential version of the show and a true classic. The 70's vibe mentioned in the article gives me hope.

Aside from that, the underwater exploration for the city sets sound cool. It's great to see the line expanding in variety.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Wait.

Scooby-Doo?

WHAT.

I hope they're based on Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! That's the quintessential version of the show and a true classic. The 70's vibe mentioned in the article gives me hope.

While the theme is probably going to be released because of the new Scooby Doo TV show coming soon to Cartoon Network...

Be_Cool,_Scooby-Doo!_character_redesigns

...That article makes it sound like the sets will be more based on the original show. I'm not a fan of the new character designs, so I'm hoping the minifigures don't look like this. That's just my opinion, though.

Also, looking forward to seeing Ninjas VS. Ghosts. LOL Airjitzu. :P

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I figured that the summer Chima sets would probably wrap up the theme. Nice to hear that Ultra Agents is going to keep going, though (using Chima masks, no less), and the new Ninjago sets sound...interesting, to say the least.

Wait, what? Scooby-Doo? This is honestly the first I've heard about this! I suppose it must be timed to coincide with some new show or other; I wonder what --

Oh dear Lord, what IS that? IT BURNS! IT BURNS MY EYES! ARARARGH!

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Wait.

Scooby-Doo?

WHAT.

While the theme is probably going to be released because of the new Scooby Doo TV show coming soon to Cartoon Network...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e9/Be_Cool,_Scooby-Doo!_character_redesigns.jpg

...That article makes it sound like the sets will be more based on the original show. I'm not a fan of the new character designs, so I'm hoping the minifigures don't look like this. That's just my opinion, though.

Also, looking forward to seeing Ninjas VS. Ghosts. LOL Airjitzu. :P

For a while the LEGO Group seemed to prefer styling cartoon-based minifigures after the visual direction of the show in question (look at the Avatar: The Last Airbender minifigures or the Star Wars: The Clone Wars minifigures as examples), but nowadays they're doing less of that. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sets based on the recent Nickelodeon cartoon and the new Star Wars set based on the old 2003–2005 Clone Wars cartoon have the minifigures with the usual sparkling black dots for eyes, same as if they had been original LEGO characters or licensed characters based on live-action actors.

So with that said, I don't think it particularly matters which version of the cartoon the new Scooby-Doo minifigures are based on, provided that the costumes and hairstyles themselves are unchanged. The stylistic quirks of any one particular cartoon will likely be lost when the characters are translated to the current minifigure design standards.

I'm most excited for the Elves, Ninjago, and BIONICLE sets, the last of which has not really been covered yet (it's possible the summer BIONICLE sets weren't even on display). And they didn't have a lot to say about the Elves sets — I'm really interested in knowing how big the castle will be and what kind of features it might have. But it's only a matter of time before New York Toy Fair brings some more in-depth coverage of these and other themes!

• Upvote 1

I'm not familiar with Toy Fair, can we expect pics of the Bionicle summer sets in BZP's coverage?

Assuming they're on display, which they should be, we'll have pictures of them for sure.

I wasn't expecting us to get pictures of the summer wave of Bionicle 2015 so soon!  :o  I thought we would be getting them a couple months from now. But I'm not complaining at all. I would love to see the sets early. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Shame that Chima is ending, also bigger shame cause it appears they're not going to stray from the fire/ice theme If anything, I've appreciated many of the set designs from the theme, even if it has never been a high priority for me to get. Still, at least its getting a proper send off set-wise.

I'm also kinda annoyed that of the four super hero side characters in the new Spider-Man show, we've only seen three (Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Nova) and they're not releasing a White Tiger. At least not yet, but I guess Spider-Man will probably be around for a while more, so maybe next year.

Excited for the City Underwater theme, since Aquazone was what got me into LEGO. Might be picking up a submarine, depending on how good it is. Can't wait for NY Toy Fair so Andrew can take pictures of all these!

:music:

Oh how I wish the Scooby-Doo theme had been come 5 years earlier. Mystery Incorporated was the bomb. (and accurate enough to the originals...). I'm not a very big fan of the designs for the 2015 series, and I would prefer they base it on the original stuff, though as Aanchir said, once they're translated to minifigs the art style differences probably won't matter much. Hope the theme turns out great either way.

Edited by farmstink buttlass

AXKP5KC.png

Is it just me or is the link in the news article down/not working?

Edited by TheGreatSpirit
  • Upvote 1

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself.

I feel that soon we'll get "leaked" pictures of the Summer Sets at London Toy Fair (yes,i know that photos aren't allowed.... B-) )

That would be wrong, and you seem to not care. And does it really matter? Another Toy Fair is coming where pictures are allowed, so why would anyone even bother. They would just be breaking the rules pointlessly. That's not a very nice thing to do.

EDIT: Eh, let me clarify. I'm ok with looking at leaked pics and stuff, but I wouldn't encourage people to leak information, and I don't think it's cool. (The leaks may be cool, but not leaking.)

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

I feel that soon we'll get "leaked" pictures of the Summer Sets at London Toy Fair (yes,i know that photos aren't allowed.... B-) )

That would be wrong, and you seem to not care. And does it really matter? Another Toy Fair is coming where pictures are allowed, so why would anyone even bother. They would just be breaking the rules pointlessly. That's not a very nice thing to do.

A lot of people 'don't seem to care'. That's why they go too EuroBricks and such.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I don't see why you would comment negatively on looking at leaked images; it's not like you do any harm by looking at them. Sure, the actual leakers did wrong, but if the information is out there, can you really expect people not to look at it?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I figured that the summer Chima sets would probably wrap up the theme. Nice to hear that Ultra Agents is going to keep going, though (using Chima masks, no less), and the new Ninjago sets sound...interesting, to say the least.

Wait, what? Scooby-Doo? This is honestly the first I've heard about this! I suppose it must be timed to coincide with some new show or other; I wonder what --

Oh dear Lord, what IS that? IT BURNS! IT BURNS MY EYES! ARARARGH!

IT DOES! THATS NOT THE CHILDHOOD I USED TO KNOW!

cringe

I was not collecting Ninjago when the spinners were out, so I am excited for the new ones. Plus, they sound like they are similar to Rhotuka spinners, which were among my favorite launchers.

So, Chima is on the way out. I didn't hate the theme, but I won't really miss it.

Bionicle will have 6 Toa, 6 villagers, and 6 bad guys this year, which seems right to me. The only thing that I am sort of sad about is that we are only getting one of the Mask Makers, and since we know the mold for the Mask of Creation exists, we are not getting Makuta. :(

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Well why not have both? I mean I am not there so don't know but why couldn't the "Mask Maker" be both Akimu and/or Makuta? I mean they may be cutting their legs off here if they did this but why not release both the Creation and Control masks and allowing the consumer to decide who they want it to be?

Don't hate me....

*Prepares to duck flying fruit.*

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

A lot of people 'don't seem to care'. That's why they go too EuroBricks and such.

I'm fine with listening/discussing leaks on Eurobricks. I just don't encourage people to leak stuff in the first place. And I'm actually glad BZPower has a no-leak policy, because it causes everyone to talk about the current sets and story more, rather than always focusing on the future sets. It just bothers me that he seemed to want people to break the rules just to be breaking the rules.

I was not collecting Ninjago when the spinners were out, so I am excited for the new ones. Plus, they sound like they are similar to Rhotuka spinners, which were among my favorite launchers.

So, Chima is on the way out. I didn't hate the theme, but I won't really miss it.

Bionicle will have 6 Toa, 6 villagers, and 6 bad guys this year, which seems right to me. The only thing that I am sort of sad about is that we are only getting one of the Mask Makers, and since we know the mold for the Mask of Creation exists, we are not getting Makuta. :(

We might get him in 2016 though, if they follow the "one super-important mask per year" outline.

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.