The Asylum - IC Topic

IcarusBen

IC: Kovika

Kovika laid his gun down on the floor and glanced over at Fade. "Once again a fool who cannot see past his own assumptions that we are all crazy.." Kovika turned to Nyhe. "So, mental evaluations? Might wish to check on your chief of security's mental state first Doctor Nyhe, the fellow needs to calm down.." Kovika walked off towards the Cafeteria, frost growing on his hand.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

GM IC Nyhe:

"Kovika, seriously? Fade's catecholamine activation is obviously more strongly norepinephrine than epinephrine. I wonder if his tendency for anger is genetic, or if it's caused by data passing through the thalamus to the neocortex."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

GM IC

"Nyhe, whether or not Fade has anger issues is beyond the conversation." He said, walking forwards and gently picking up the Turaga Kotak. Only after he did that did he realize he was holding a Turaga Kotak. "His point is completely reasonable. Several Toa in this Asylum are to the point they would crack a Matoran in two instead of protecting them for any reason. And the Matoran have enough manpower to kill any Toa they want to. It's suicide sending them out into the city where everyone still believes they are insane."

"And some," He said, glaring at the unconscious form he held, "are too numbskulled to learn anything."

Akada was surprised Iyanu would tear his face open like that, but the guard had been crushing skulls even before he was hired as a guard. Someone's open face was only slightly unnerving. And in the simplistic rules of life, if something is bad, make it go away.

Still wanting to bring this sorry mess to Halmos in one piece, he threw a Vortixx-sized uppercut at the base of his knives. By the angle, they would fly out through his cheeks unless he moved.

Edited by Ghidora131

GM IC Nyhe:

"And I don't think you really understand what's happening. We put them in this situation. Yeah, there are a lot of crazies here, but do you know how many Toa are here that can be legally declared sane?" 

Nyhe looked to the other Toa in the room, then back to Halmos. "Almost a hundred. And, lest we forget, I believe a recent estimate says it takes about 25 Matoran to overpower a Vahki. Yes, it'll be difficult to get rid of the superstition surrounding the Toa, but if need be, we can relocate them to other areas of the world. The Southern Continent, Zakaz, Xia... All would be willing to take in Toa like they have been doing for a few hundred years. It will be rough, but we can help them. Halmos, trust me."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

IC Kodrix:

HIding in a hallway, Kodrix noticed Kovika walking by. With an activation of his Kaulsi, he appeared next to Kovika, walking beside the Toa. "What was going on?", he asked.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Lana

Everyone was arguing, yelling, bickering, talking...I wished they'd stop, it was making my head hurt. I panted heavily, still on my hands and knees. Nobody seemed to notice either, typical. 

I felt dizzy, the world was spinning around me as my vision started to darken and I lost my senses. I blacked out at some point after that. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

GM IC

Noticing several of the patients seemed at quite a loss of energy, and Lana just passed out, it was not the time to argue.  Nyhe's idea seemed ridiculous. What was the assurance that beings in other countries wouldn't kill them on the spot? and her seemingly concrete trust that the Turaga would do as she wished... It didn't seem logical either. But it was probably best to get them gone. After that, he could take out his plans in a much more cunning way. After all, the Turaga had sent him a huge shipment of Vahki to examine, to duplicate...

"Very well." He said finally. Nyhe had better make this work.

Akada skidded backwards to avoid the punch. "Seems like you belong here, you know." He said, taking another step back. "I'm afraid you'll be here for quite a while."

He glanced at the Vahki. They had resorted to slamming into each other, accidentally locking their weapons together. Brilliant. Good thing they sent the high-tier ones, he thought.  Otherwise this might be an actual fight.

IC: Kovika - Hallways

Kovika muttered something about stronger doses of medication as he walked away. Soon another Toa teleported next to him as he walked through the halls to the cafeteria. He kept facing forward and walking as he replied to his brother's question. "Brother, we just dealt with that thing, as in whatever has been wreaking havoc among us all. Doctor Nyhe has considered evaluating us all and releasing the sane after restoring relations between Toa and the Matoran we protect. Some of us aren't very well pleased as to the treatment and recent events here. The Chief of Security Fade, more like Chief of distrust and bad temperment I might add, and I do not see eye-to-eye on many things, so much he had me gagged. Not a very kind fellow, that one."

IC: "Five-Knuckled" Sal - Cafeteria

Sal grabbed a tray of food and went to go sit down in a relatively unoccupied corner of the room to eat, ignoring pretty much everything else currently going on around her as she did so.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Kodrix:

Kodrix felt he could trust this Toa, but was not entirely sure yet. "So what was going on with the thing? I arrived here very recently."

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Kovika

"This...creature, to put it, has been responsible for the death of several staff and one of our own fellow Toa if memory from hearing about it upon my arrival is correct. It also caused massive damage in the Solitary Confinement area. Myself, several other inmates that seem sane, the Chief of Security, Doctor Nyhe, and Doctor Hamlos all had some partaking in what appears to be its' extermination. I might be dead, most likely, but we never know what this thing is capable of besides stealing mask and elemental powers." Kovika kept walking to the Cafeteria, he pressed a finger against his pendant.

IC: Gida

Finally, the Vo-Toa felt comfortable enough to rise from the rubble which had once been her cell... wait, it wasn't rubble. Okay. What had just happened? She stepped into the hallway, unsure of what to do. But she did feel an odd surge of power, almost unfamiliar after all this time... it was undoubtedly her lightning powers. So they had returned. Obviously the siphon was deactivated. But what did that mean for the monster? So many questions, so few answers. It felt like she'd been gone from the action for months.

OOC: Haha, for months. Get it? 'Cause I was away for... months... Ahem, anyway, Gida is open for interaction, ready to be filled in on just what the heck happened since she stayed in her room.

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

GM IC

Halmos pulled up his communicator again. "Riot guard squad. Immediately proceed to my office with beta test carrying chamber. We have dangerous material over here that needs immediate transporting."

"That takes care of the Monster." He said with no joy in is voice as he hooked back his comlink. "I'll make sure this thing is disposed of properly. In the meantime, Fade, get back to rounding up the patients and putting them away for today. And especially the insane ones."

Akada was too far away for the first punch, but the second one connected with his leg. Growling, he pulled out his remaining empty pistol and aimed it towards Iyanu's head. "Stand down, worm. Last chance."

IC: Fade.

"They won't be injured as long as they cooperate.... but I can't make any promises." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC Nyhe:

"Okay," she replied. "But I can't make any promises about your job security, then."

As she walked off, presumably to file the mountain of paperwork she had in store, she turned back to Fade. "You know, pathological anger and violence is a possible prerequisite for internment here. Just to let you know."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

"I have one job, Doctor, and that's to be in charge of security," Fade growled, "You are making that job awfully difficult for me by letting prisoners run loose and carry firearms, so I'm well within my rights to be angry." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"I have one job, Doctor, and that's to be in charge of security," Fade growled, "You are making that job awfully difficult for me by letting prisoners run loose and carry firearms, so I'm well within my rights to be angry." 

GM IC Nyhe:

"Prisoners?"

Nyhe turned to Fade, her eyes dead, like a shark. 

Nyhe was furious, and she certainly wasn't hiding it as she stormed over to Fade.

"PRISONERS?!" Nyhe yelled, "They're patients. They're here for their own protection, and you want to treat them like PRISONERS?!?!"

Nyhe composed herself (a tricky thing to do) and turned back to Fade.

"Once everything is sorted out, consider yourself resigned."

Edited by IcarusBen
  • Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

"You keep them in cells, under constant video surveillance and armed guard," Fade snapped pointedly, "whether you think of them as prisoners or not, that's the way you've been treating them." 

GM IC

Halmos wanted to tend to the prisoners patients, but he didn't want either one of them coming to blows.

The small Turaga kept mumbling now and then as he lay in his arms... Although, Halmos couldn't understand why the creature would just drop without a second thought. It had to be a bluff.

Akada half grinned, half frowned when he heard the word no. He switched the way he was holding the pistol so that he could crack him over the head with it. But as he raised to do so, he converted to a left kick to Iyanu's jaw, Vortixx-style.

If this didn't break Iyanu's jaw, knock him out or bruise Akada's foot, he wouldn't know what to do besides stab him to death.

"You keep them in cells, under constant video surveillance and armed guard," Fade snapped pointedly, "whether you think of them as prisoners or not, that's the way you've been treating them." 

GM IC Nyhe:

"Oh, so suddenly you've become a paragon of goodness, completely innocent of all accusations... Well, let me tell you something; everything I've done has been for the good of these patients."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

"I never said I was perfect," Fade said dismissively, "but at least I'm not lying about myself." He folded his arms, glaring at the doctor, "Now, if you no longer want me here, I'll leave now. And you can expect for me to deliver an extensive report to the council..." 

IN CHARACTER

The old one continued to cough and sputter, "something inside him must have broken."

His own hands grew sharp, previously restrained fe-elemental energy transmogrifying his body to blades, this man needed help, a piece of him had broken. He himself would need to administer the help, find out what was broken (inside him) and remove it so he could fix it, good as new!

A shambling gait towards the old man.

Edited by Tiragath
  • Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: Scriva. 

It was finally over. The monster was dead, and soon, she’d be free. She didn’t know what lay ahead of her, but she knew it had to be better than what she’d left behind.

All that lay behind her was pain and suffering. Specifically, her pain, and her suffering.

She hadn’t gone mad like the other Toa. She’d only arrived on Metru Nui after the crisis had ended. She’d been helping round up the mad Toa when her life as she'd known it had come to a fiery end…

…the Ce-Toa walked carefully through the open doorway of the empty house, casting an illusion to keep herself hidden from view.  

“I can hear you, little Toa,” cackled a voice from deeper in the house, “Are we going to play hide and seek? Come out, come out, wherever you are!” A fireball went whooshing by overhead, spiralling through the open doorway to hiss against the dusty ground of the street outside.

It was definitely her. Dayeth: the mad Ta-Toa she’d been sent to capture.

“I don't want to hurt you!” Scriva called out, holding her knife at the ready.

“Aw, but I wanted to hurt you,the voice whined, “These games are no fun if I’m the only one playing.” A second fireball whizzed by, too close for comfort. “Come on, let’s play! Please!”

The Ce-Toa didn't reply this time. This madwoman had already killed at least four other people who’d been sent to track her down; she was no pushover.

“You’re so boring!” Dayeth dropped down from the rafters, landing in the middle of the floor.

Scriva struck out with all of her power, trying to force herself into the Ta-Toa’s mind in order to take her down from the inside.

But she hit a wall – a wall of pain and agony and whispers and screams and… madness. Pure, uncontrolled, chaotic madness. She fell to her knees, her mind reeling from that brief moment of contact. Her illusion vanished like smoke on the wind, giving away her position.

“Found you, found you!” Dayeth chimed, another fireball almost dancing from her hand to splash across Scriva’s shoulder, sending her crashing backwards onto the floor. “I win.”

She knelt down beside Scriva, pinning her down with one arm and picking up the Ce-Toa’s knife with the other. “Now it’s my turn to hide, and your turn to seek,” she said sweetly, ever so gently tracing patterns across Scriva’s face with the knife, being careful not to cut her just yet, “and just to make it extra hard, I think I’ll take your eyes. Won't that be fun?”

“No,” Scriva spat, hitting Dayeth with a burst of telekinesis that sent the Ta-Toa crashing into the ceiling, keeping her pinned in place there, “No it won't.”

The knife tumbled from Dayeth’s hand and clattered to the floor, and Scriva knelt to pick it up. “You're coming with me now, understand? I’ll give you to some people, and they'll help you. Or try to, at least.”

“I can't be helped,” Dayeth's tone suddenly turned serious, “it’s in my head now, and it’s never coming out.” She began laughing, a maddened, insane cackle that echoed through the empty house. The air in the cramped room grew heavy and hot, stinging Scriva’s skin. She felt the growing heat and realised too late what it meant.

She flung her knife, the blade burying itself in Dayeth’s throat. The Ta-Toa’s eyes widened in surprise, and blood trickled from her open mouth to drip down onto the floor at Scriva’s feet. But somehow, the laughter didn't stop.

And then Dayeth vanished, her body abruptly evaporating in a detonation of flame and fury as all of her elemental energy was released at once – a Nova Blast.

Scriva pushed out with her telekinesis, desperately trying to push back the wall of death, but it was too much. The heat, the intensity… she collapsed, and the flames engulfed her. The pain was surprisingly brief, and she was unconscious before she was fully aware of what had happened to her.

Several weeks would pass before she woke up from that coma.

She realised she’d stopped walking. One hand braced against the wall, she’d just been standing there, taking deep, heaving breaths. She hadn’t eaten since yesterday, and the events of the previous few hours had left her exhausted.

And now it was all catching up to her. She could feel herself slipping away…

Scriva was unconscious before she hit the floor.

GM IC Nyhe:

"So, what? Not only am I running a prison here, but I'm a liar, too? Let me tell you-"

*thunk*

Yep. Thunk. That was all Nyhe heard as Scriva collapsed, falling on the floor.

"Oh, no."

Nyhe rushed over to Scriva.

"Good, still alive." She activated her communicator. "I need EMTs and a gurney, we've got a patient down. Patient 01-47-375, Toa Scriva. She's unconscious."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

"You are a constant self-contradiction," Fade growled, glaring at the doctor, "you claim you care about all of these patients, yet you didn't call a team for Kotak, or Lana." He shook his head, storming away.

"If you need me, I'll be busy packing." 

OOC: Halmos is holding Turaga Kotak. I dunno about Lana.

GM IC

Halmos watched Fade storm off. Despite him being a very good officer, Fade still seemed like an idiot. He appeared to think Halmos and Nyhe had gone through absolutely nothing in their vast lives. Yet, Nyhe seemed less and less capable as things went on. Some intellect of hers, careful planning and spot-on precision had disappeared.

"Now." He said with a much more serious tone, "I want every patient placed into their rooms and locked for the night. The riot troops will take the monster to the furnace and char it to ash. Then we'll dump it off in an industrial park and make sure it is eradicated." He cradled the Turaga in his arms without so much as a care he was there in the first place.

"You know," He said as he walked away, making sure not to damage Kotak's neck, "Have you even considered Fade's accusation about the patients?"

Oh, poor Iyanu. Akada wanted to put him out of his misery, and yet also wanted to take this sorry excuse for a hero and have him strapped to a hospital bed for a year. It wouldn't do any good to kill him, he would have no proof he was attacked.

It was then he realized the guards he had sent for a while ago never came. What was taking them?

"Listen, you sad demented freak." He spoke to Iyanu. "You're in a lot of trouble for attacking me and corrupting the Vahki. You can surrender now, or i'll drag you unconscious body there."

GM IC Nyhe:

"I..." 

Nyhe turned to Halmos, obviously realizing what had been happening to her.

"I can't. When it happened, I wanted it so badly to just go away. It's been a long time. I had thought we would've been done, but... We're not. It's not over, and it'll never be over. But if I can just hold on to that last shred of hope that maybe, just maybe, this will end..."

Nyhe turned back to the unconscious form of Scriva. "Maybe it will..."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

IC: Kovika - Cafeteria

Kovika reached the Cafeteria, grabbing a seat near Sal. He sat mostly in silence, giving her the occasional glance.

"So, you ever think they'll actually let us out of here?" He asked Sal.