14-karat Gold Mask of Earth Pictures

ksprice45

Looks alright! First time I've seen some one showing a gold mask in hand for a while

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

First off, congrats on winning this! Its really cool to see a video and photos of one of these masks, and I'm happy you are sharing them with us here. :)

The mask itself looks great on Onua. Though I imagine the other masks would look good on their respective Toa as well. :P It's odd that it came with a random Mask of Ice. Maybe Lego was trying to entice you to get a Kopaka set? :P

I do have a question about it. In your Flickr photos, it kind of looks like the Gold Mask is slightly smaller than Onua regular Mask of Earth. Is it actually slightly smaller, or am I just seeing things?

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

First off, congrats on winning this! Its really cool to see a video and photos of one of these masks, and I'm happy you are sharing them with us here. :)

The mask itself looks great on Onua. Though I imagine the other masks would look good on their respective Toa as well. :P It's odd that it came with a random Mask of Ice. Maybe Lego was trying to entice you to get a Kopaka set? :P

I do have a question about it. In your Flickr photos, it kind of looks like the Gold Mask is slightly smaller than Onua regular Mask of Earth. Is it actually slightly smaller, or am I just seeing things?

The mask is no smaller, I did take it at a fun angle so that might be is what is messing with your eyes, oops...my bad.

Also about the random mask of ice, it came on the stand to show how it was supposed to go on, but it didn't arrive on the stand it arrived elsewhere.

Just wondering, what did the mask come in when you got it?

It came in a foot of bubble wrap long And 6 inches of bubble wrap tall, in a plastic bag.

Shame you didn't get the good stand they showed in the other videos. 

To be honest, I was more excited to win one of them!

You won also?!

I think he means that he would have wanted one of them specialized stands over a gold mask.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

The mask is no smaller, I did take it at a fun angle so that might be is what is messing with your eyes, oops...my bad.

That was what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure. Then again, looking at these photos at 5:00 A.M. in the morning may have had something to do with it. :P

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm still mad that they didn't even use any facebook pictures for the contest (even though they said they would) and as such I couldn't even come close to winning, which stings even more since I've been a fan since the beginning. Also lego didn't even follow their own rules at times and often changed them during the contest, lucky they do that in your case so that's a relief.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I'm still mad that they didn't even use any facebook pictures for the contest (even though they said they would) and as such I couldn't even come close to winning, which stings even more since I've been a fan since the beginning. Also lego didn't even follow their own rules at times and often changed them during the contest, lucky they do that in your case so that's a relief.

Maybe none of the images submitted via Facebook stood out to them as the ones submitted via Twitter and Instagram? Just because none of them won doesn't mean none of them were considered.

I've been a fan since the beginning as well, but I don't feel sore about not winning. There's a bit of random chance inherent in any contest of this sort. And that's actually a pretty good thing, since it means that kids with less creative experience won't be completely outmatched by lifelong fans like us. They still haven't announced how the golden Mask of Creation will be given out, and that might end up being a more skill-based competition than this one.

• Upvote 4

Shame you didn't get the good stand they showed in the other videos. 

To be honest, I was more excited to win one of them!

You won also?!

I think he means that he would have wanted one of them specialized stands over a gold mask.

Yeah, that's it.  :P  Would have loved a mask too, but those stands were fantastic. 

Maybe none of the images submitted via Facebook stood out to them as the ones submitted via Twitter and Instagram? Just because none of them won doesn't mean none of them were considered.

I've been a fan since the beginning as well, but I don't feel sore about not winning. There's a bit of random chance inherent in any contest of this sort. And that's actually a pretty good thing, since it means that kids with less creative experience won't be completely outmatched by lifelong fans like us. They still haven't announced how the golden Mask of Creation will be given out, and that might end up being a more skill-based competition than this one.

There's a golden Mask of Creation? I thought that there were only the 6 elemental masks and the Skull Spider one

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

Looks awesome! Take care of that thing forever man! But, if you do ever sell it, sell it on BZP

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

There's a golden Mask of Creation? I thought that there were only the 6 elemental masks and the Skull Spider one

Nope, a Mask of Creation was shown at New York Comic Con last year:

15653683731_9f70bb42e3.jpg

In fact, the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders was the only one NOT shown at New York Comic-Con, so when it was announced as the prize for the Battle for the Gold Mask it was a surprise to most of us who had been there.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 3

Maybe none of the images submitted via Facebook stood out to them as the ones submitted via Twitter and Instagram? Just because none of them won doesn't mean none of them were considered.I've been a fan since the beginning as well, but I don't feel sore about not winning. There's a bit of random chance inherent in any contest of this sort. And that's actually a pretty good thing, since it means that kids with less creative experience won't be completely outmatched by lifelong fans like us. They still haven't announced how the golden Mask of Creation will be given out, and that might end up being a more skill-based competition than this one.

Nope, a Mask of Creation was shown at New York Comic Con last year: 15653683731_9f70bb42e3.jpg In fact, the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders was the only one NOT shown at New York Comic-Con, so when it was announced as the prize for the Battle for the Gold Mask it was a surprise to most of us who had been there.

What if I where the one to get that mask through another contest, that would make my life as a Bionicle fan worth while.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Congrats! And thanks for sharing, really. It's a pretty awesome piece and I'm glad at least one of them went to somebody willing to share pictures with the rest of us. :)

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

• 2 weeks later...

All of these "don't sell it" posts make me think that they want you to take it to your grave. (And then come back as a skull-warrior)

But congrats anyways.

AHHHHH, but with the power of the mask I might just come back as a skull warrior, muhahahahahahahahah-uhcough-hahahahah

• Upvote 2

So, we got a message on our Facebook page asking either for either instructions for the stand or some more detailed photos of it. Here's what we can share:

"I don't know what the standing pieces are though, but I think it's a conjoined 2x2 Tile with an Axle (Dark Gray), or it could be a 2x2 Tile (Dark Gray) with an Axle hole, and some other Gray axle going through it. In the case of the former, I don't know what the piece is called, and in the case of the later I wouldn't know what the axle type is. Lastly, I don't know what's connecting the dish to the wheels, and what the wheels are connected with. That's all I know."

Is it possible that you could help out, ksprice?

So, we got a message on our Facebook page asking either for either instructions for the stand or some more detailed photos of it. Here's what we can share:

"I don't know what the standing pieces are though, but I think it's a conjoined 2x2 Tile with an Axle (Dark Gray), or it could be a 2x2 Tile (Dark Gray) with an Axle hole, and some other Gray axle going through it. In the case of the former, I don't know what the piece is called, and in the case of the later I wouldn't know what the axle type is. Lastly, I don't know what's connecting the dish to the wheels, and what the wheels are connected with. That's all I know."

Is it possible that you could help out, ksprice?

I will upload instructions to my youtube channel and put a link here as soon as i get the chance. I have probably been asked at least 20 times now, (not that that is a problem) and i keep meaning to do it i just have been working on another project for a while and keep forgetting to upload the how to.

Wait, did that stand come with the mask?!

-NotS

Yes it did! it also came with a white mask of ice!

:drooling:

So glorious.

Congrats my friends, you earned it! I bet the weight and shine to that thing are just... OH GOD I need one

-NotS

Thank you! If you were wondering what the weight it is .808 troy ounces.

The stand HOW-to is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check it out!

Edit: Double post merged!

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-