What is the best titan/warriors set ever

bohrokman

2005-2007 had GODLY titans. And I'd say the best titan set of all time is either Umbra or Toa Mata Nui.

LOL just kidding, I actually think Takanuva 2008 is definitely up there. What a glorious set/build. Brutaka and Hydraxon are up there too.

oh and if we're allowed to include combiners, Voporak or Kardas

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Kardas Dragon > all

Do we count Kardas? 

Then Kardas. 

I'm conflicted with Kardas. On the one hand, I think having a massive dragon set (or two) is awesome, but on the other hand he has some problems which are a real let down IMO.

Edited by G2 Terton

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Kardas Dragon > all

Do we count Kardas? 

Then Kardas. 

I'm conflicted with Kardas. On the one hand, I think having a massive dragon set (or two) is awesome, but on the other hand he has some problems which are a real let down IMO.

In terms of display, he looks amazing, but you are right about the problems with pieces coming off and stability and such. 

The overall best titan, looks and functionality/stability, would probably Maxilos. His design always intrigued me because the mobility of his hips & shoulders are very unique, not to mention very well designed. When I said Kardas, Maxilos had completely slipped my mind.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

1. Brutaka or Vezon/Fenrakk. Both very well built sets.

2. Maxilos. The torso articulation was amazing.

3. Umbra. 

May I ask why Umbra is number 3? I'm not challenging you, just want to hear your opinion.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

It's a fight between 08 Takanuva and Brutaka, for me; Takanuva's great for creativity, has a lovely colour scheme and has some very useful designs, but he's let down by those leg gaps, weird torso armour, and, in my opinion, shoulders that look too narrow on a set of his height. Brutaka, though, is just all-around great; he masters the thigh design pioneered by the 05 Titans, his chest is very well balanced, his mask looks great (Fight me) and I love the feet too, although he's held back by a lack of posability in his arms and a slightly disappointing upper body; the arms are unsatisfactory, and I'd like some more bulk around the shoulders to make him look more menacing.

I can't say anything about any other Titans other than Icarax and TMN, really; Icarax is underwhelming (Last Christmas was a sad day for me; I'd been starstruck by Icarax's entry in the 2008 Lego catalogue, and I finally got him 6 years later. :P I was disappointed with him, overall) and TMN, although I don't have him, I've played with my cousin's TMN a bit, and I have to say; it feels like the set brief was "Make the biggest Titan ever" instead of "make a good set"; the lower legs feel awkward, the upper arms look incomplete, his neck is way too long, he feels very flimsy around his lower torso, and that colour scheme... Ew. The only reason I want him is so that I can get the Ignika for my Triforce of Legendary Kanohi.

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

Maxilos just has this great torso articulation that no set has matched, but overall I always liked the '06 wave. Sure, Brutaka had a few color layering issues and Axonn had oversized hands, but overall I think they're the best wave. Heck, even the combiners looked cool, which is something no one's been able to say since.

Going to have to throw my hat in the ring for Muaka and Kane-Ra, though. After fourteen years, they still hold up, and they don't suffer from the "what-the-heck-is-this-supposed-to-represent" syndrome à la Tarakava.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Axon is my favorite. Shame I disassembled him when I was a kid, it would take forever for me to dig through my stash to re create him lol

I always liked him, but I was also always unsatisfied with his height compared to the Toa. I thought he would be much taller than the Toa

Edited by Evergrey_Toa

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Brutaka, because of his grand, detailed design that wasn't majorly let down by cost cutting. I particularly like the torso design and the extensive use of bohrok teeth.

Takanuva 2008 was probably the most innovative because of the reinforced limbs, but he had rather boring shaping because of the straight Slizer pieces used to construct his legs, a large gap on his lower legs, his hands weren't that good, and his torso armouring was lazy.

I think the quality of titan sets decreased after 2006, mostly due to cost cutting, but in Tuma's case, he just had a not-that-great design.

Brutaka 

Was scrolling through this topic and was more and more surprised that Brutaka never came up. I thought he was generally accepted as the best (or one of the best Titans) ever. 

Brutaka is great, but I'm going to have to say Tuma is also a very solid set, especially for being Bionicle's final Titan. 

Tuma was incredibly boring no? A recolored takanuva with less pieces

Brutaka, because of his grand, detailed design that wasn't majorly let down by cost cutting. I particularly like the torso design and the extensive use of bohrok teeth.

Takanuva 2008 was probably the most innovative because of the reinforced limbs, but he had rather boring shaping because of the straight Slizer pieces used to construct his legs, a large gap on his lower legs, his hands weren't that good, and his torso armouring was lazy.

I think the quality of titan sets decreased after 2006, mostly due to cost cutting, but in Tuma's case, he just had a not-that-great design.

This. I'll go with Brutaka and Roodaka for detailed designs

TheSkeletonMan939, Twister92, SPIRIT and Gatanui are awesome for uploading soundtracks and games and stuff.

Definitely 2008 Takanuva. Massive, great color scheme, nice resemblance to his original form, all around a great looking set and a cool build.

Off topic, but out of curiosity, would it be possible to build a 2008 Takutanuva?  I mean, we've got eight different Makuta to choose from... just the thought of something that big and epic came to mind.  (I'd do it myself but I don't have the set... =P)

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest