Favorite Moment In A Video Game

IcarusBen

Title says it all.

As for me, mine is the last mission in Saints Row The Third. That moment when I Need a Hero starts playing, that whole chase sequence... amazing...

2nd favorite is the Battle of Hoover Dam in Fallout: New Vegas, especially if there's a good song on the radio.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

That new car smell when I start a new Minecraft world.

Getting chased by that first Necromorph in the original Dead Space.

Starting a new game in FTL: Faster Than Light!

The rude Dark Elf in TES IV: Oblivion's starter prison cell. "That's right, you're going to die in here." Shoot, now I want to play Oblivion...

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

In Metroid Prime 3: Corruption turning off the power for a storage facility for Metroid.(I mean, the power goes out, and you're chased by brain-sucking Parasites through a dark Labyrinth.)

The Final Battle with Darkrai in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky/Time/Darkness

I've got a bunch :D

-Discovering the Sky Pillar and Sealed Chamber in Pokemon Sapphire. I felt so cool because none of my friends knew anything about them B)

-The nightmarish battle against Giygas in EarthBound. All of the chaotic, discordant music, Giygas' screaming, mutilated form, and the sheer difficulty made for an insane boss battle.

-In Halo CE, the part in Assault on the Control Room where you first arrive at the bottom of the snowy ravine while On a Pale Horse starts playing. Marines are getting bombarded by the Wraith's mortar while Ghosts flank them, and all you've got is a rocket launcher and a warthog.

-Another from Halo CE, watching Jenkin's recording of his squad's encounter with the Flood. Horrifying, to say the least.

The Primal Reversion cutscene in Alpha Sapphire, as well as the cutscene of Mega Rayquaza destroying the meteor.

Ukanlos's intro cutscene in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

The Dundorma Apex Seregios encounter in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

The intro dialogue and subsequent battle with Nebilim in Tales of the Abyss.

First stepping into Phendrana Drifts in Metroid Prime.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

That new car smell when I start a new Minecraft world.

Getting chased by that first Necromorph in the original Dead Space.

Starting a new game in FTL: Faster Than Light!

The rude Dark Elf in TES IV: Oblivion's starter prison cell. "That's right, you're going to die in here." Shoot, now I want to play Oblivion...

I've never beaten FTL, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. :P

Yes, and when you are fighting guards in Oblivon.

957070c7a4ee99dea5e02e6ee060b115.jpg

----

The entirety of Star Wars: Battlefront II. The soundtrack of Revenge of the Sith hits me in the feels because I grew up with that game and still play it a lot. Hahaha! (I remember when it was new... I feel old now). Fun glitches, weird deep voices of PC clone troopers, Imperials talking of 'rebel scum' this and 'squash the scum' that, clone troopers saying "Holy heck, ittsa-Super!" and droids saying "The battle is ours, dude! Roger roger", among lots of other things. Fun, and very awesome (with mods).

TES V: Skyrim. "Be it armor or blades, do come see me: my forge never rests." "Could I interest you with some fine goods from Morrowind?" Also, when I made chitin armor for the first time, I was all like, "ALL SHALL NOW BOW BEFORE THE CRAB-MAN! I am THE crab-man!! Behold, THE CHITIN KNIGHT has arrived!"

Killing Shao Kahn in Mortal Kombat 9. Sweet sweet victory.

Back when I used to play Medieval II: Total War and the generals would say something weird instead of the usual mocking of enemies and promising victory. www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCR8xV7fb5w

The discussion between Carth Onasi and Canderous Ordo near the end of KotOR 1 concerning the Mandalorian Wars. And that old Sith teacher that lived in the caves on Korriban. "What's a matter, MIKEL?!" He pronounced it like 'mee-cole', not to mention the guy sounded really weird, so naturally I say it like that every other month and people think I am crazy. :lol:

Probably some more, but I can't remember. right now.

EDIT: Got one. The post-credit scene from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. "Please, call me.... Bob."

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

F-Zero GX story mode chapter 8 very hard, Deathborn is such a fun opponent to race against and with the track being crazy dangerous where the slightest thing can go wrong makes it so much fun. Still love to replay it every so often and try to get a better time each run.

I'm just ToaD

Oh Geez, this is gonna be lengthy... expect me to write a second part when I can recall more.

-The Final Boss of Splatoon, especially it's final phase and the awesome soundtrack that accompanies it.

-The Pure atmosphere in Metroid Prime, especially in the Pirate base in Phendrana and the Phazon mines.

-Most levels in Super Mario Galaxy, but most points go to Battlerock/Space Junk/Beach Bowl/Melty Molten

-The Entirety of "Scorched feathers" from Kid Icarus: Uprising

-The opening level of Bayonetta 2 (I mean seriously, just look at the first boss! He looks like an end-game one!)

-The dark atmosphere of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

-Every single battle with an Elder Dragon in Monster Hunter

I could go on all day...

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Oh Geez, this is gonna be lengthy... expect me to write a second part when I can recall more.

-The Final Boss of Splatoon, especially it's final phase and the awesome soundtrack that accompanies it.

-The Pure atmosphere in Metroid Prime, especially in the Pirate base in Phendrana and the Phazon mines.

-Most levels in Super Mario Galaxy, but most points go to Battlerock/Space Junk/Beach Bowl/Melty Molten

-The Entirety of "Scorched feathers" from Kid Icarus: Uprising

-The opening level of Bayonetta 2 (I mean seriously, just look at the first boss! He looks like an end-game one!)

-The dark atmosphere of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

-Every single battle with an Elder Dragon in Monster Hunter

I could go on all day...

Your one of the few people who listed games I actually know, and I agree with you on mario galaxy, that game overall was beautiful awesome.

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Have another one:

Picking an insignificant country in the face of global affairs in Europa Universalis IV and making it good enough to have it's first colony. When that happens, you know you've entered a new era in your game. Not to mention everyone now pays attention to you closely. B-)

Castile: "I think I should have Mexico"

Aztecs: "Wait, whu-?"

England: "No, I think I should have it!"

Austria: "...What's Mexico"? *Ottomans sneaking up on them*

France: "Please little ones, 'tis I, the big blue blob that consumes all: I obviously get first dibs!"

Netherlands: "I just want a port, thanks. ...Wait, is that the new guy?"

Teutonic Order [you]: "Why hello ladies and gentlemen. Mind if I sit at your table?"

Everyone: confused.jpgWhu-...? Who dis guy?

Teutonic Order [you]: euiv_teutonic_frieza.jpg

(specifically made this picture for this. :lol:)

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Galuf’s solo battle against Exdeath in Final Fantasy V, and Faris being thrown off a cliff only to climb back up it unscathed in a matter of seconds, and any part with Gilgamesh.

The entire ending sequence of KHII, from finally confronting Xemnas in front of Kingdom Hearts up through “You’re home”.  Also, the 1000 Heartless Battle is really fun.  And the Cavern of Remembrance in the Final Mix and II.5 versions.

Aqua and Terra’s final boss battles in KHBBS, plus Final Episode.

Unlocking KH3D’s secret movie, and honestly a good deal of what goes on in Traverse Town and The World That Never Was.

It’s hard to pick a specific moment from The World Ends With You, but it needs to be up here.

Getting the diploma in Pokémon Y (it was a first for me).

The final boss battle of Steven Universe: Attack the Light.

And probably others I can’t think of right now.

Edited by Pahrak #0579