Jump to content

Recommended Posts

IC Wolfe [Mekron City Streets]:

The veteran took a moment to draw a couple of ice arrows, not to fire them, but to thrust them into some of the vehicles now supporting the unstable buildings. Doing so caused a very thick layer of ice to tear across said vehicles and effectively fuse them to the outer walls. Better safe than sorry. Now to see to the evacuation efforts...

***

It took time -- and plenty of patience -- to get the civilians to safety. "For the third time, ma'am, your neighbor has your cat," Wolfe was saying to an older, terribly distressed lady-bot as he struggled to remain cordial. "I assure you, Mr. Puddin is fine; I saw him myself just five minutes ago."

Heaven help him if Quark overheard him say that blasted animal's name.

IC Helen [Mission Control]:

This destruction was unacceptable. Every blast caused by a Destroyer knocked Helen's temper closer to the tipping point -- and the Heroes weren't exactly her favorites right now, either. But only when the destruction of her own workstation had begun to unfold did Helen take action. Absolutely seething, she wordlessly grabbed hold of a ruined computer monitor (most likely her own), and swung it with all her might at one of the Destroyers' heads.

Edited by FallenCor
  • Upvote 5

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Real quick: I'm actually away for a few days- I'll have limited access to the internet, but I'll try to reply when I can!

 

Oh, and yeah, we can go with the Quake deal to move things along. Though excuse my abusing the bomb's new timer.

 

~

 

IC: Eloise Thumper - Secret Tunnel

 

In one smooth motion, Thumper caught the bomb belt and threw it further down the tunnel to explode far from anyone else. She turned to the villain, approaching once more to fix his cuffs on proper. "What is it with you and trying to kill people?! That's not a nice thing to do, hombre!"

 

~

 

IC: Mara Quiver - Secret Tunnel

 

Quiver, optical sensors still adjusting to the bright flash, heard the explosion after the sound of a button sliding into place. Squinting to try and force the bright spots in her optics to dissipate completely, she raised her rifle to the being with the button. "Y-You're under a-arrest... If that's o-okay? S-Sorry."

 

Goodness, she hoped the other Hero had her back. She'd never done an arrest herself before, and this villain seemed very strong. She glanced pleadingly at him before turning her attention back to the being before her.

 

~

 

IC: Timothy Gyro - Hole of Friendship

 

"Aw, that hurts me," Gyro said, his words dripping with good-natured sarcasm. "But thanks. Help's appreciated."

 

He dodged a lava blast and fired at a few that were working at the wall. "Hey, buzz off! That ain't yours to mess with!"

 

~

 

IC: Orukam Amayika - With Striker

 

Amayika glanced at the laser fire in the sky, at the scattered bodies barely visible around the base of the Hero Factory, and then back to Striker. "Ya sure? Well, I guess if anyone can deal wiv' it, it's Hero Factory... They'll be good without ya, right?"

 

~

 

IC: Ken Render - Hero Factory Mission Control

 

Render followed in after the shouting Hero, and took in the damage. He turned to Forticus. "A'ight. See if we can wrangle 'em outta the way of the consoles. Maybe we can still get outta this with reparable consoles... though gosh darn it if I ain't gonna be short on supplies by the end of this..."

 

He shot his pistol at a few nearby creatures.

 

~

 

IC: Wilbur Flood - Magic Crystal Room Of Wonders And Slacking

 

Flood decided to investigate the river further while he waited. He approached it, but knew better than to jump right in just yet.

 

~

 

IC: Dorothy Quark - Now That's A Name We Haven't Heard For A While

 

Quark was nearby, looking over the damaged buildings. She carefully investigated an impromptu pillar, grunted, and walked over to Wolfe. "Well, it's not up to regulations, but it will hold until repair crews and emergency services can start their work. I think we've had enough time making friends with..." She quirked an eyebrow. "'Mister Puddin''."

 

She tried to avoid looking worried, or glancing back in the direction of the police station. "There isn't much more we can do here. Emergency services should be here very soon to take over the situation."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City Police Station.

 

"You got this, kid," he tried to sound reassuring, but he was mostly preoccupied with keeping his rifle trained on the mystery villain Quiver was attempting to cuff, "She tries anything, I'll cover you." 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Breaker

 

"What is it with you heroes and melting things?" I leap 3m backwards, sprint in a half circle around Nimius, and leap over him, striking at him with both my mace and my sword while in midair over top of him, and land about 3 meters on the other side of him.


bBhcfWO.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC 78 EAST

 

78 leaped out of the way as the wall behind her exploded.

 

On another day, 78 might have happily played along with the Hero's attempt to arrest her, just for the sake of learning more about Hero Factory and for the possible amusement of getting Traferous to break her out of jail.

 

But there was a war going on, and 78 wanted to be on the winning side. "Your arrest is your own fault," she informed Kavok Quake, chucking the detonator at his head. "Me and my boss did everything we could to help."

 

Then she ran.

 

GM IC BRAIN MASTER

 

"Incoming projectile," said the ship's voice.

 

The Brain Master snorted. "That's a Hero Pod."

 

The beast ignored that assessment and fired an energy beam at the pod, trying to knock it out of sky.

 

"Ship's energy at 43%. There is a hole big enough to admit projectile from previous damage."

 

"The hero factory is not yet destroyed." The brain master murmured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nimius Ardor

Location: Wiping the floor with Breaker

"Wrong choice." Nimius saw the attack coming miles away, and dodged away from Breaker in what just so happened to be the exact direction he would land in. And then, just as Breaker landed, right in front of him, he unleashed the intense flame he'd been brandishing moments before in a maelstrom of horrifying fire that would surely engulf Breaker. There was no longer any escape. Nimius was now intent on destroying this villain once and for all.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC DESTROYERS (MISSION CONTROL)

The creature that Helen swung her computer monitor at shattered into a bunch of pieces - because it was frozen solid. The work of Cobra Shard and Stormer combined easily froze the lineup, leaving Surge, Rocka, and Nex to blast them apart.

 

The damage to Mission Control was pretty extensive. The only computer that hadn't sustained some sort of damage was a communication computer that Zib had been operating by the door. Some were running with flickering screens, damaged and blaring warnings, others needed more extensive repair to even work, and some were completely obliterated.

 

GM IC FLOOD

 

As Flood approached the river, he would see two turbines churning up the water, but wrapped in electro-forcefields, just like the one that he and Furno had messed with earilier.

Edited by fishers64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Breaker

 

As I land, I am engulfed in flames, which causes most of my armor to completely melt away. Ironically, Nimius' attack provided me the perfect opportunity to counter, as there are few smokescreens better than this inferno which surrounds me. I strike upon him with force, using my mace and sword, before leaping over him out of the flames, turning, and striking again.

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kavok Quake

 

Breathing heavily he clawed at the officers hand before quickly giving up.

 

"One of these you'll regret this. When those "heroes" are killing you to consolidate their power you'll think to yourself, "maybe I shouldn't have followed orders..." 


It's time to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM NPC DRAX

"I'm giving the orders, idiot," Drax grumbled. "And you're under arrest."

 

He waited for Thumper to finish cuffing the villain.

 

 

GM NPC TRAFEROUS

 

Traferous fired up the dropship's engines. "78, lose them as best as possible. We may have to do a wire evac."

 

It was then that a warning chirp sounded. Traferous walked straight into the back of the dropship and yanked Marrow to his feet, revealing the hole in the dropship's floor, and fixing him with an angery death glare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nimius Ardor

Location: Obliterating Breaker

Nimius brought up his sword to parry the attack, but managed only to block the sword as the mace skidded across his chest, leaving scrapes in it and mangling the H on his core. He swiftly turned around and leapt back away from Breaker's second attack, taking a small moment to glance at his damaged armor before looking back up at the villain. "You scratched my armor!"

 

Nimius's eyes and mouth glowed brighter as if his internal systems were being flooded with intense fire. Suddenly Nimius charged forward, sending an arc of intense flames at the now unarmored Breaker before striking at him with his sword full force, aiming to cut him apart at the waist.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jason Ferro- Underground path

 

Having exited the side passage, Ferro passed the beasts he had seen earlier, and ran down the path that Flood had taken. Soon enough, he reached the room with the monitors they had been talking about, each showing a live feed of the Underground city. The only thing absent, oddly enough, was Flood himself.

 

"Flood, are you in here?"


 

           

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

 

 

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Breaker

 

As Nimius charges at me, I leap overhead, and strike at his head while overtop of him, and land behind him, reversing my grip on my sword, before stabbing backwards, and swinging again with my mace in the other direction.


bBhcfWO.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nimius Ardor

Location: Defeating Breaker

Nimius narrowly dodged Breaker's jumping attack, before then ducking out of the way of his two following strikes. "You think jumping around like that and striking at me is going to win you this fight? You aren't going to be able to keep this up for ever. I'm Nimius Ardor, the leader of Omega Team, a team of heroes too powerful to send on regular missions. We're kept here in the factory, waiting, until something comes along that the weaker heroes can't handle. So before I kill you, I want you to know that you never even had a chance against me to begin with."

 

Nimius channelled his power into a condensed ball of intense fire. He charged at Breaker, but before the villain could respond, he threw himself to the floor, sliding under the villain and setting off the fire ball right up into Breaker. At this proximity, and with a fireball this intense, it was very likely that it would cut Breaker in half.

Edited by Toa Onaku

UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Breaker

 

Just as Nimius begins sliding towards me, I step back and to the side with one foot, and bring my mace down above him.


bBhcfWO.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nimius Ardor

Location: Breaking Breaker's stuff

With the way the two of them were positioned, Nimius's fireball went straight at the mace, and Nimius himself slipped right by before standing up. With the power of the fireball, surely Breaker's mace was now destroyed.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Breaker

 

As Nimius stands after that blast, I swing towards him with my sword. I discard the remnants of my mace, and reactivate the sword held in my broken lower right arm. "I'VE HAD ENOUGH OUT OF YOU!" My two remaining cores glow with enough heat to melt the armor on my chest, that is, if there still was armor there, as I power my upper right arm back on, and swing a mighty punch at Nimius, and slash again with my right sword. I follow up with a savage kick.


bBhcfWO.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nimius Ardor

Location: Trapping Breaker

Nimius dodged the punch with ease, but after parrying Breaker's sword slash, he was hit by the kick and sent flying backwards. Landing on his feet, Nimius found that he had grown tired of this fight. And so, with a swift motion, before Breaker could go anywhere, Nimius punched his hands into the floor and channeled his powers to form a large ring of intense flames around Breaker. It was big and in a far enough radius in each direction from the villain that he didn't have time to escape it before it closed, and going through the flames would be suicide. The intense flames now formed a large circle around the villain, with the flames too high for even Breaker to leap over them. Nimius removed his hands from the floor, satisfied with his work. But then, he brought one hand up, and clenched it. Suddenly the ring of fire started to tighten in on Breaker, slowly but steadily.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nimius Ardor

Location: Trapping Breaker

Nimius dodged the punch with ease, but after parrying Breaker's sword slash, he was hit by the kick and sent flying backwards. Landing on his feet, Nimius found that he had grown tired of this fight. And so, with a swift motion, before Breaker could go anywhere, Nimius punched his hands into the floor and channeled his powers to form a large ring of intense flames around Breaker. It was big and in a far enough radius in each direction from the villain that he didn't have time to escape it before it closed, and going through the flames would be suicide. The intense flames now formed a large circle around the villain, with the flames too high for even Breaker to leap over them. Nimius removed his hands from the floor, satisfied with his work. But then, he brought one hand up, and clenched it. Suddenly the ring of fire started to tighten in on Breaker, slowly but steadily.

OOC: Isn't that a bit of an autohit?

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: The point of this ring of fire is to slowly nudge inevitable death at Breaker. Nimius has come to the point that he isn't satisfied with just killing him, he wants Breaker to beg for his life. Only then, only after Breaker begs for mercy and to be imprisoned rather than destroyed will Nimius release him from the fiery death grip. Unless, of course, you find some way to get out of it that doesn't involve going through or over the fire...


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

IC: Nimius Ardor

Location: Trapping Breaker

Nimius dodged the punch with ease, but after parrying Breaker's sword slash, he was hit by the kick and sent flying backwards. Landing on his feet, Nimius found that he had grown tired of this fight. And so, with a swift motion, before Breaker could go anywhere, Nimius punched his hands into the floor and channeled his powers to form a large ring of intense flames around Breaker. It was big and in a far enough radius in each direction from the villain that he didn't have time to escape it before it closed, and going through the flames would be suicide. The intense flames now formed a large circle around the villain, with the flames too high for even Breaker to leap over them. Nimius removed his hands from the floor, satisfied with his work. But then, he brought one hand up, and clenched it. Suddenly the ring of fire started to tighten in on Breaker, slowly but steadily.

OOC: Isn't that a bit of an autohit?

 

OOC: My ruling is that Nimus can think going through the flames would be suicide for Breaker, but whether it actually is is up to Luroka. However, if Luroka does something OP or doesn't take reasonable damage from the flames, then I will have something to say about that too. 

 

Also, I'm going to have to say that if Breaker sees the ring forming, he might be able to escape before it closes. However, this may be unlikely due to how big that ring is, which Luroka should also take into account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Well it would be as good as suicide anyway, because even if he wouldn't die, his body would sustain enough damage that at this point he would start to break apart. After all, metal can't take constant heat damage. Breaker will have to fall apart from all of this intense flame abuse eventually, and I feel like him walking through the ring of fire would seal his fate.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Breaker

 

As my opponent creates a ring of fire to surround me, I power down my swords, stow them, and power down my lower left arm. I wait, giving my two cores time to cool back down, and leap. I travel high into the air, through the upper part of the ring, the heat melting what remains of my armor and destroying my lower right arm beyond repair, and land about two meters behind Nimius, the impact dislodging my lower left arm. I tear what remains of my right arm off and hurl it at Nimius, before redrawing my swords, and stalking over to him.

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Luroka, at this point, Breaker will have to fall apart. I'm sorry, but this is exactly what we talked about. He's taken constant and intense heat damage, and yet he seems as limber and healthy as ever. That is not ok.

Edited by Toa Onaku

UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Hero Factory (Cor Solis)

Bliss didn't know exactly what was in that Hero Pod, but if it was worth calling two Hero fighters off it had to be good. Setting down the Cor Solis on top of the Assembly Tower, he sat back to watch the fireworks.

 

IC: Cobra Shard - Destroyed Mission Control

With the Destroyers destroyed, Shard stopped trying to destroy things and looked around at the destroyed room, or more specifically, the destroyed computers. "Gee, this place is really destroyed!" 

 

IC: Alex Drift - Hero Factory Medbay

Drift's hands were almost fixed. With any luck, he should be out of here in five minutes or less.

 

IC; Marrow - Traferous's Dropship

Marrow was yanked back up through its half-limbo world into reality as the apparent owner of the dropship hauled it to its feet. The creature was a bit confused until its awakener pointed angrily down at the floor, which was riddled with small holes from Marrow's spines and drenched in an absolutely foul combination of sewer rot and dried blood. Marrow looked up at the owner and shrugged slightly as if to say "After all, its only a very small hole," and then carefully put its foot over most of the damage to hide it from view.

 

OOC: I wouldn't think small spikes and disgusting ooze would be enough to make a hole straight through an entire dropship...


"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: 

OOC: Echo's fighting Anamnesis again in case Focus wants to help with that.

 

IC: Marrow - Traferous's Dropship

With nothing better to do, Marrow curled itself into a dripping, spine-bristling lump and fell back through reality into the nightmare that plagued its nights. What nobody would be able to realize until the monster woke up and moved was that the floor paneling it was sleeping on was now completely destroyed.

Um...I'm just going off what you said...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: I just meant that the floor panels are going to have to be replaced after the trip, not that Marrow somehow ate all the way through a dropship hull. If it had made a hole all the way through, it would have fallen out of the ship by now.


"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kathrine:

 

The Scarlet Rookie continued to struggle to become upright, before abruptly falling back into the robot equivalent of unconsciousness.


Corpus Rahkshi Profiles!

Kat Grim Diode Burn Percy

Aza and Ezec Pentaghast


CORPUS RAHKSHI APPROVED CHARACTERS


Corpus Rahkshi Discord

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM NPC MED BOTS

 

"Good to have you here, Issac," said one of the med bots, who was putting the finishing touches on Drift's hands. "This one will be fine soon - but that one" - he pointed to where Splint was standing over Katherine - "looks to be in bad shape. She'll need new armor at the very least, but she's probably damaged some components too." 

 

He then looked around. Some civillians were starting to arrive, some with missing hands or feet, others just suffering from impact damage. "It's going to be a long day." he grumbled.  


GM NPC ???

 

Yes, the mysterious villain thought, hovering closer to StormerHe slipped into the Hero's body. 

 

GM NPC STORMER

 

Stormer shuddered as an evil and vile presence tried to enter his mind. He held his head and dropped down to the floor of Mission Control as the two fought mentally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Location: Mission Control

Jimmy turned from the chaos to look at Stormer, shocked to find him on the ground holding his head as if his processing centers were being overloaded. "Stormer!" Jimmy quickly ran over to Stormer and put one hand on his shoulder to find out what was wrong.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: FOCUS [Kestrel, In Space]

 

Focus continued to contemplate his actions, fighting off the urge to spiral into a series of increasingly depressing thoughts.


Death has many faces, many names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC JIMMY ABACUS

 

Jimmy Abacus would immediately find himself in the middle of a mental battle. It was clear that Stormer was trying to stop an incorporeal being known as Von Nebula from trying to rewrite code and take over his mind.

 

The mind of Von Nebula, however, seemed to be quite powerful - it seemed the two were evenly matched.  


GM IC TRAFEROUS

 

Upon seeing how minor the damage actually was, Traferous let go of Marrow. "Never mind," Traferous grumbled. He didn't like it, but he could probably fix it later or get 78 or Fravi to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Location: Battle for Stormer's Mind

Jimmy immediately began building firewalls to block Nebula out of Stormer's mind. He also began writing several offensive programs to eradicate the invading mind, or at least drive it out. Last but not least, he had extensive scan programs try to determine as much as possible about the nature of this invader.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Wolfe [Mekron City Streets]:

He gave Quark a hard look. Something was bothering her, and he was positive he knew what it was. "Do you want to give the girls  call?" he suggested. "I can finish up here until--"

The Mekron City Fire Department had arrived with two large emergency vehicles. Some of the men rushed over to inspect the damage dealt to the buildings; others began to assist the civilians and check them for injuries. Perfect timing, thought Wolfe. "I'll go give them a report," he said to Quark, briefly putting a reassuring hand on her shoulder before heading over to the firefighters. He was sure that Thumper and Quiver were all right, but he understood Quark's worry.

IC Helen [Mission Control]:

She was happily surprised to find that the creature had been frozen solid at the last second, and that feeling quickly turned to one of cold satisfaction upon seeing the icy chunks at her feet. "Lovely," she said to herself in an almost sing-song voice as she stepped over the Destroyer's remains.

Moving towards one of the few still-intact desks, she set down what was left of the computer frame she had been holding. She had her back to Stormer, and thus hadn't noticed his sudden predicament; however, Jimmy's shout got her attention. "Abacus, what's wrong?" she asked worriedly, heading over to find out what was going on.


Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC 78 EAST

 

But there was a war going on, and 78 wanted to be on the winning side. "Your arrest is your own fault," she informed Kavok Quake, chucking the detonator at his head. "Me and my boss did everything we could to help."

 

Then she ran.

 

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City Police Station.

 

He switched on his capacitors, accelerating after the fleeing villain and trying to tackle her from behind. 

 

GM IC BRAIN MASTER

 

"Incoming projectile," said the ship's voice.

 

The Brain Master snorted. "That's a Hero Pod."

 

The beast ignored that assessment and fired an energy beam at the pod, trying to knock it out of sky.

 

IC: Markus Vex - Hero Pod Bay. 

 

He cursed as a laser beam intercepted his torpedo, shearing a scorched tear right through it. The mangled pod spun wildly, it's engines faltering, momentum still carrying it forward. 

 

Letting off a string of muffled swearwords, he pressed the button on his detonator, hoping that his C4 had remained intact and that the pod would be close enough to the Brain ship to still do some damage... 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Location: Mission Control / Battle for Stormer's Mind

Jimmy could not afford much processing power to communicating with Helen, so his voice came out extremely raw and unprocessed, filled with static, and sounding very much like something a crude program would spit out as an audio representation of text input. "Stormer- Mind- Invasion- Nebula-" These four key words were all he afforded before completely retreating back into the battlefield within Stormer's mind.


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...