Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

26 minutes ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

"Dume, Dume subjugated the Matoran like slaves. The Krahli and later the Vahki were only his tools."

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"And when I killed Dume, my rhotuka was the tool," she replied smoothly, "That doesn't make it any less of a weapon."

• Like 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Katrin Nuva - Kini-Koro:

"Well, we made it to the ruins, and solved all the puzzles and stuff, but Arkius was actin' real weird and then he got angry when Kilo tried to use the disc thingy and he hurt Kilo pretty bad, so Jutori and I tried to fight Arkius off, but man, he was really strong! And then Kilo hit him with a weird beam from a spear and Arkius split into two guys! One was still pretty mean, and the other was this guy!" She said, gesturing to the unconscious Toa.  "Well we kept fightin' and then I guess Kilo used the disc thingy. The Arkius we were fightin' threw me at him, and Kilo and I got transformed. then that other Arkius kinda exploded the room we were in, filled it up with dirt! And then uh.... we dug this Arkius out, and came here! Jutori is still askin' the Administrator if she can close the portal behind us!"

@Sparticus147

Edited by The UltimoScorp
  • Like 3

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Earth

"No," the Administrator replied peevishly, obviously still annoyed by the blasphemous violence that had taken place within the holiest chamber of the temple. "Trust me—I would if I could."

OOC: @Tarn

IC: Oreius | Kini-Nui

Oreius watched the spectacle unfold. It was not as bad as seeing Aurax desecrated: that had reminded him far too much of his own submission to Stannis eons ago. A mere Toa bending the knee to an eldritch being he did not entirely understand. But this was an exchange of power between equals. Two demons communing with each other. It was unholy, and nothing more.

He looked at the tentacled being nearby as Stannis vanished. He supposed Caedast had fallen into someone else's shadow the way Oreius himself had just fallen into theirs. Who knew where he had gone, or when he would return. The old wizard still loved his mysteries as much as they ever did. It was infuriating. He wondered if Whisper felt the same way, or if the other Aspect was used to their kind disappearing and reappearing at will.

He had nothing in particular to say to the strange creature, so nothing was exactly what he said. Instead, he looked up and tried to judge by the angle of the sun approximately in which direction he could look for his airship. Not that it mattered much if he figured it out. How in Karzahni's bronze codpiece was he going to get back up there if he did?

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

IC: Taja | The Desert

The sky continued to deepen in colour, and it eventually opened up into a vast array of constellations against a jet-black expanse. Taja walked beneath the stars, setting a steady pace. The night air was cool, and the earth was packed hard enough to make for easy walking. Her only companion was a cool wind that occasionally swept across the desert, rustling through the clumps of scrub grass and flinging little curls of sand into the air.

• Like 5

IC Kardaka - the Ruins of Metru-Koro

The League. The Turaga of Stone had heard grumbling about the League when she had built the refugee camp out of stone tents. That they had stranded them on Zakaz, and had killed the universe, as well as millions. But she still did not know much of this League.

If they were the ones who crashed the Ark, and killed the lesser spirit Mata-Nui, then they had to be formidable indeed. And she would need to know more.

Kardaka raised her hand and spoke up. “Excuse me, I was never aboard the Ark, so some of your words, I do not know. I … I did encounter a refugee camp in the north who blamed the League for the Ark crashing, though that refugee camp has been destroyed now by rain. Can you tell exactly what the League was?

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander @Tarn

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula) - Still Searching

"Oh, I know of the Matoran. 'Race of builders', indeed... I do still have other questions, but those can wait for now."

Waveahk started staring northward as well, trying to ascertain what Apex was looking for without actually asking it, as he was going to hold himself to his word and ask no further questions until an arbitrary and unknown span of time had passed.

@Sparticus147

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, Far Shore Rift) - Your Conqueror Comes Ashore

Ostrox suddenly fell out of the Far Shore Rift, before Nuju. He hadn’t expected to suddenly become so much heavier when he stepped back through to his world. Had gravity increased while he was away? He felt odd, but could not pinpoint exactly how.

"I’m - back - BACK - back. With no fanfare? I’m hurt - unsurprised." His Mahiki subconsciously changed his voice and eye colour as he picked himself off the ground, and began taking stock of his new equipment...

@Unreliable Narrator

IC: Ulkarr and Lawful (Tobduk-Koro) - The Old Order

"Understood. Remaining units will be informed. We shall come and find you once we are assembled." Lawful converted to his faster quadrupedal mode and went off to tell his brothers what was happening.

"You place a great deal of trust in this 'hero', called Stannis." Ulkarr said once the Vahki was gone, sounding like an accusation of some sort. "Tell me... what exactly did he 'warn' you about me, and the element of shadows?"

@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Communal Table) - Sickening Sweethearts

NU-8020S’ head slowly turned a full three-hundred and sixty degrees, her secret way of showing and alleviating frustration. She had no time for this mating call.

@Tarn@BULiK

IC: Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Electro Rocket Launcher) - Anticipation of the Bang

Navu stuck her fingers in her ears and - for whatever reason - closed her eyes.

@Snelly@BULiK

IC: Klawne (Ko-Pou Shelter) - Quarantine

"We don’t know either, I’m afraid. It doesn’t seem to be contagious, but we keep them cooped up in here regardless, just in case."

@Snelly@Onaku

Edited by Toru Nui
Changed error where Navu sticks her finger in her eyes and not her ears.
  • Like 2

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Atamai cast a sideways glance at Sidra. "Kilo has proven itself time and time again to be a worthy ally, and a friend," he said. "Now that it has the NUVA power, I think it would be best if you gave it a chance. Just as Leklo and Korruhn and I gave you a chance," he said. He turned back to the portal. "If Jutori comes out and the portal doesn't close, I'll place a metal wall in front of it."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @pokemonlover360 @Sparticus147 @The UltimoScorp @Tarn

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax was tinkering in his workshop, as usual, when OTIS piped up. 

"Sir, I've received word that Xaril has returned," it said. Aurax turned and raised an eyebrow. "Oh yeah? Nice. I expect he'll be coming here to give me a report, let me know when he gets here," he said.

"But there's more, sir. Xaril is not alone. He is with others, one of them appears to be Toa Mangai Tuyet." Aurax stopped his tinkering briefly. He hadn't been expecting that

"Huh. Wonder why he would bring her here," he said. "Again, just let me know when they get here." He turned back to his work... and was startled by an unexpected voice in the room.

"Hello, Aurax."

Aurax nearly jumped out of his skin. "####!" he swore loudly. OTIS and Saybo pointed their weapons at the uninvited visitor. He looked and saw that it was Stannis, who had seemingly wandered in from nowhere.

"####, old man, you can't just go around scaring people like that," he said angrily. "What the #### do you want?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Like 3

IC Stannis | Coliseum

"I need a heartlight, and I don't need it to be of Matoran stock," Stannis said with honesty, dismissing Aurax's temper like a wave that crashed onto a stone seawall only to fall away instantly. He glanced at OTIS and Saybo, fair-weather allies who both understood the power of the wizard as well if not better than as Aurax did, and offered a placating gesture with his hand. He was not there to fight or interlope; there was no cause for concern. "What have you done to preserve the rahi of the Archives?"

@~Xemnas~

• Like 1

IC: Triage - Near Ko-Pou

"Uh...ah!" Triage exclaimed, reaching over the side of the bike and producing an empty canister that had been attached to it. He knelt down and unscrewed the vehicle's fuel cap and began filling the canister up as he listened to Turaga Kardaka speak. "That's a long story," the medic said, although he was fine with someone else explaining it.

Once the canister was filled enough, he stood to face the Vortixx. "Here. Anything else you'll be needing before you're back on the road?"

@Daniel the Finlander@Harvali

IC: Jutori - Earth Ruins to Kini-Koro (Portal Entrance)

"Oh. That's unfortunate."

Jutori then turned to the portal and took a step toward it, towards whatever was on the other side, before pausing. He looked over his shoulder. "Uh, sorry about the fighting. And the...dirt."

He then leapt through and found himself some place else, Kat feverishly explaining their journey and Kilo standing proud in all his NUVA glory. Already a crowd had formed around the other side. The sunlight made Jutori squint, after being underground so long, as he tried to make out faces and the features of the landscape around him. This was no Metru-Koro, where he had spent his brief tenure as a guard, and this was no Tobduk-Koro. This place resembled some kind of oasis, with rolling green hills and rivers, fantastic statues, and a village surrounding. At the front of the crowd, among the armed Matoran, was a silver-armored Toa that the sight of made Jutori's heartlight leap in his chest. He straightened his posture, attempting to look as heroic as possible despite the damage done to his armor.

"Atamai. It's good to see you, brother."

He then collapsed onto his face into the Kini-Nui grass.

@Onaku@pokemonlover360@The UltimoScorp@Eyru@~Xemnas~@Sparticus147

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA- Kini-Koro (Earth Ruins Portal):

Rest assured, this unit will perform the tasks Creator Nuparu programmed. This unit is incapable of holding grudges against people,” the machine told Sidra. At that moment Jutori arrived only to collapse. With the portal still open those gathered could discern that the Administrator was unable to close the gateway.

Barrier thicker than a single wall is advised, Ally Atamai.” The mechanical enforcer filled in the gaps of Kat’s recounting of their adventure. In the brief but thorough explanation there was mention of the month long trek the group had taken, the mysterious suva on the way, the encounters with the blind skakdi, the village outside the temple of earth, the confrontation, and finally the escape of the rogue NUVA proxima.

Enemy Arkius being taken out by the underground skakdi is unlikely with the artifacts carried,” the machine concluded. “Both threats should be prepared for. Commander Vulimai, is the Taku currently in Kini-Koro? Allies Nale, Stannis, Knichou, Kanohi, and Collector should be informed of the wandering evil duplicate. Citizens of Tobduk-Koro should also be informed; Ally Arkius is well-respected there. Usurper Unit Nu-8020S knows the whereabouts of the ruins of fire. The ruins of fire and air should both be secured.”

OOC: @Tarn@Sparticus147@~Xemnas~@The UltimoScorp@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

IC Ysocla - Irnakk's Tooth:

Ysocla felt the shift in the wind shortly before she tasted toxic fumes in her mouth. She gagged and stumbled, pushing herself forward to outrun the oncoming lava wall.

Disrupt their concentration!” she managed to cough back to Lady Yumiwak and Zataka. With any luck her psionically empowered allies could put a stop to the Mesi.

With toxic gas bearing down on them the two Vo-skakdi managed to reach the first of the Mesi barricades. The crippled skakdi used her cane to vault over the gap that Zataka’s blast had created only to catch her hand on the still scorching edge. She stumbled and fell on the other side of the wall, rolling to the side to give Korio room to continue. She waved him on, hoping he’d start using that crossbow of his to good effect. With any luck the mesi would be too busy with the others to target her for a moment.

@Tarn@EmperorWhenua@Vezok's Friend@Nato the Traveler

Edited by pokemonlover360
Lava is not an issue. Gas is.
  • Like 1

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

9 minutes ago, pokemonlover360 said:

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA- Kini-Koro (Earth Ruins Portal):

The ruins of fire and air should both be secured.”

IC: Sidra - Kini-Koro

"Air is secure," she spoke up, having simmered down after Atamai's comment. "Very secure."

@pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Sparticus147 @Tarn @The UltimoScorp

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The king blinked, puzzled for a moment by Stannis's request. Then he realized what the old man was doing. 

"Doing some more of rituals, hmmm? Sorry, I haven't touched the Archives at all. I'm sure a lot of the tunnels are submerged, and the Rahi along with them. " Aurax shrugged. "But you're welcome to go down there yourself and look."

IC, Atamai: Kini-Koro

Atamai walked over to Jutori and felt his pulse. He was still alive. "Jutori needs medical attention," he said to Vulimai and her guards. "Get him the help he needs, please."

He stood back up and listened to what Kilo had to say. "...if I could be concerned, I would be," he said.

"Air is secure. Very secure," Sidra said.

"Good, then we'll have to find NU and see about putting some guards at the fire temple. And we should send out a search party to recover the stolen disks. We can't afford to let a madman have them." 

He walked over to the portal and activated his elemental power. A metal wall rose up in front of the portal, and expanded outwards away from it, becoming too thick for a normal being to punch through. "This should be good," he stated. "Now, Kilo, now that you have the NUVA power, there's one last thing we'll need you to do," he said. "Come with me to the bunker nearest to this portal. It's time for you to receive the last perk of being a NUVA."

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Tarn @The UltimoScorp

• Like 3

IC: Niidak (Wilderness near Ko-Pou)

Apparently the Turaga did not care much for the crystal Niidak was offering to her. Perhaps it was because of senility brought by old age? Or maybe the elder had even worse manners than she did. So much for good deeds being rewarded. Either way, she did not mind much, as long as she got rid of the seemingly worthless trinket she had found.

The Turaga was more concerned about her mentioning the name of the League of Six Kingdoms - or whatever it was called now, as the Six Kingdoms were very far away. The Turaga was a local, apparently, and not a refugee. Perhaps this explained her... more unusual behaviour. Niidak answered her question: "The League of Six Kingdoms was an alliance led by Barraki warlords to oppose the Matoran and Mata-Nui himself... though I never cared much for their motives. Back in the day, when I was still in the 'Ark' as you called it, I did not take sides in the conflict. Unfortunately, I became its victim as I was in the wrong place in the wrong time. That's how I ended up here, on this Karzahni-cursed island. The League still exists, in the ruins of the 'Ark', though I do not know what their goals are now. Nor do I care, really."

She then took the filled fuel canister from the Toa and put it inside her satchel. "No, I'll be fine, thank you." Once again, she had gotten something for free, simply by asking for it. The castaways on this island were much nicer than her fellow Vortixx on Xia had been. It was... strange, yet inspiring, in a way. While she thought they were fools for being so trusting, she couldn't help but feel slight admiration for them. They still had hope, and were willing to trust others. Despite everything that had happened in recent months.

"Farewell, and good luck on the rest of your journey," she said and bowed before turning around and continuing her own trek to her hidden hoverbike.

OOC: @Harvali @Tarn just to be clear, niidak gave kardaka an empty knowledge crystal

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 3

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"And when I killed Dume, my Rhotuka was the tool, that doesn't make it any less of a weapon."

Though Vulimai wanted to focus onto the task at hand, Sidra's blatant admittance of killing the old Turaga Dume struck a cord. Though she didn't care for any of the Turaga of her past, the fact that the killer of Dume not only stood before her but also seemed to not fear admitting to their crime, it through her mentally off-track. It was the direct words of Kilo and Atamai bringing her back to focus.

"Jutori needs medical attention, get him the help he needs, please."

Drawing her eyes towards the collapsed Toa, Vulimai looked back towards her own troops, and saw the emotions that filled their faces, borne from Sidra's word. Some of the Matoran were taking uneasy steps back, fear in their eyes. Others clutched tightly on their disks, gritting their teeth in anger. Now wasn't the time for this debacle concerning a long dead old man.

"Guards! Steady up, help the Toa get to the Ice Ruins Portal, find Toa Iradra." She barked out, not giving the Matoran anymore time to ponder the situation. And though some hesitated, and others didn't drop their gaze from Sidra, they did as they were told. Picking up Jutori, and helping Katrin with carrying Arkius, they went to guide the injured Toa to the Ice Ruins Portal.

With the Matoran on their way, Vulimai at last answered Kilo. "The Taku is within Kini-Nui, over there," She said, pointing towards the two airships parked down hill from Kini-Koro, "I can radio Toa Knichou and Toa Nale and inform them of the situation. I can also radio Kini-Koro itself to get someone to relay a message to Tobduk-Koro and hopefully find Toa Stannis."

OOC: @Onaku @Tarn @pokemonlover360 @The UltimoScorp @~Xemnas~ @Nato the Traveler

IC: Apex (Kumu-Peninsula)

"I do still have other questions, but those can wait for now."

And with those final words, silence pervaded between the two beings as they neared the Fau Swamp once more. That silence did not last for long, as a faint thrumming noise could soon be faintly heard approaching. As the two of them left the black rock and gazed out, Apex would was gladly expecting the sight she soon saw, though who knows what Waveahk's expression was, when cresting the trees, came to orange Nui-Rama's, flying straight for their position.

Whatever Waveahk's expression must've gotten even worse, when without prompting, the two large Rahi insects lowered towards him, claws out ready to grab him. The only solace he had from the situation being the calm of Apex and her next words. "Ah, it seems Kuini-Rama has heeded my request. Calm yourself Waveahk, for there is nothing to fear here."

With the Nui-Rama at last reaching them, the two Rahi quickly snatched up Waveahk by his shoulders, carrying the Steltian up into the air as Apex followed along with her own pair of wings. Flying high above the mutagenic swamplands below, the two quickly soared above the vast green forest, a few points of interests located far out to the horizon and within the swamp itself. But the point of interest that mattered, was the particular ruins the two of them were headed towards, the Air Suva ruins.

OOC: @Toru Nui Hope this is a fine level of puppeting. I'll edit it if you wish.

• Like 2

IC: Sidra - Kini-Koro

"While you're bossing folks around, it might be worth rounding up some people to wait outside the bunker with buckets before Kilo opens it," Sidra suggested to Vulimai, "When Atamai and I unlocked our bunkers a whole lot of energised protodermis came pouring out. Should be useful for helping your wounded, maybe even any recently-deceased." 

@Sparticus147

• Like 2

Vulimai met Sidra's gaze as she made her request, her looking at the ex-dark hunter with a questioning gaze, before speaking to Atamai. "Toa Atamai, you've opened one of the bunkers. Would it be worth collecting this energized protodermis? And if so, could you create a sort of tributary to collect it all?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @~Xemnas~

IC: Reliable Narrator | Underground

"Mesi! I have come to bargain!"

Arkius's shout echoed through the cavern, leaving only silence in its wake. Then the sounds of movement began.

Like the sound of a thousand spiders scuttling, Arkius heard the rustling of dozens of Mesi standing to their feet, grabbing their weapons, strapping down their armor, whispering to one another, dousing their fires to drown the cave in utter darkness. It was a terrifying noise—vast, yet soft, like the swishing of grass in the wind. The Mesi moved quietly despite their numbers and despite the lack of light. Each footstep was calculated to fall from heel to toes, producing as little noise as possible. They moved hunched over, accustomed to stealing through cramped tunnel. They carried tools and weapons cobbled together from what materials they could scavenge or steal from the top-dwellers: spears fashioned from broken blades and sticks, chipped daggers, rusty knuckle dusters, hacked-together crossbows and launchers, slings of cloth or canvas cradling spiked rocks. Kraata wriggled from necks, shoulders, chests, and backs. The eyeless faces looked at Arkius, and they smiled. They chuckled as they moved, both insulted and amazed by the audacity of this top-dweller to challenge them in the darkness of their home. Did he not know the sunless places and the great deeps of the earth belonged to them?

They came upon him like a sudden wave, moving through the shadows with surprising swiftness and aggression. Although he could not see them, Arkius knew where they were, and they were surrounding him. He could sense each footfall on the earth like the tap-tap-tapping of innumerable soft drumbeats. They scuttled across the floor, the walls, even the ceiling. His muscles clenched. Despite his calm demeanor, adrenaline began to pump through his veins. Even if he professed diplomacy, his body recognized danger. Every instinct screamed at him to retreat or fight.

OOC: @Onaku your move.

• Like 4

IC: Triage - Near Ko-Pou

"Alright, then. Safe travels to you, too."

Triage waved goodbye to the lone Vortixx as she walked back through the wilderness to her vehicle. Hope she stays out of trouble out here.

He retrieved his heatstone and took his seat again as the bike's driver. The Bo-Toa supposed that either Kardaka, as a native, didn't know what a knowledge crystal was or was just one of those people who never knew what to say when receiving gifts. "What are you gonna do with that thing?" he asked, before revving the engine and speeding off to the outpost proper.

And it wasn't long before they reached it, having only stopped short of the ruins before. Triage parked the bike outside and, with a quickened pace, went in. The warmth of the indoors was welcoming.

"I'm back. What's the situation?"

@Daniel the Finlander@Harvali@Onaku@Snelly@Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

OOC: lost the first draft, cranky now

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro 

Councilor Kanohi fidgeted with uneasy, muttering, “I don’t like to think about this, I am uncomfortable thinking about this.” His optics closed and his telescopic lens was unfocused he … how well did he know Stannis. The fight in Onu-Metru, that couldn’t have been more than three months ago at best. He had known Stannis for less than three months, likely a lot less. And in that time, how long had they actually interacted?

They had shared some great conversations, but they had only really interacted on the ride from Onu-Metru, and when they had landed in Po-Metru, so long ago. They had been separated during the Impact, they only reconnected when Kanohi encountered him in Metru-Koro, before having that conversation in Po-Koro. And then their talk after the meeting in Kini-Koro.

They … he had not seen Stannis much in the time he had known him, and in Kini-Koro, he was more open about the flaws of the Matoran, but he had also touched on that when he chose Kanohi to be Akiri, but his mannerisms had seemed different? Or … or had Kanohi just not interacted with him enough to really know Stannis yet? And was Ulkarr just trying to confusing him, seed doubt in his ,mid, 

Finally Kanohi said, “I am uncomfortable talking about this. The truth is I had never heard of him until we met in Onu-Metru, but the others aboard the Taku praised him as a great Toa, and I was more in awe of Toa then so I didn’t question it. Maybe I was naive. I … am still naive. But while Inwould have shutdown or dismissed you back then, I … I … I admit I have to … I don’t want to talk about this right now. I will in the future, I have to. But not now.

He swallowed, “I do not fully remember what he said about you, you were an afterthought, he was more upset that Whisper had … done something to a Toa. Desecrated her with her own Heartlight and turned her into a Toa of Shadow. I wasn’t present for much of it. I … I don’t want to talk about this. I will think it over later, I have to, but I do not want to think about this right now.

OOC: @Toru Nui

… 

IC “Collector” - Tobduk-Koro

The Vortixx walked among the village, their left hand to their face. As they walked they reached out with their Kiril, mending walls and huts, fortifying fens, mending disk launchers that had been warm driving off Muaka. In their right hand they held their Kanoka Blade, twirling it in their grip. Frost lofted off it, forming a small cloud of water vapor that hugged the air. 

As they walked about, preparing for trouble, they spotted that kind Toa from before. Ardoku. “Hello, friend” they smiled a toothy grin, before continuing, “Just so you know, the Councilors have learned of a weakness in our defenses. We do not know of any incoming attack, but it might be good to try to stay aware…

They trailed off, staring at the Toa’s face. Finally they asked, “Friend Ardoku, I mean no disrespect, but … is your mask broken?

OOC: @Onaku 

IC Mahrika - The Suva of Fire

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran could feel Ollem’s gaze burning in her as she swung her Flame Sword, hurling fireballs at a chunk of molten rock. His unspoken voice burned into her far more than the sword’s heat. Why are we waiting? What are we waiting for? Why do you talk to yourself so regularly? Or … are you even talking to yourself? Who are you talking to? A

She … she wasn’t ready to face those questions from the Ollem. He was the first Matoran she had seen in millennia, the first in that time who would speak to her in words. Even her Big Brother had been silent all those millennia. He was the first voice she had heard in ages. And her friend.

So finally Mahrika stood up and said, “I’ve rested long enough, let’s go.” He made a smile, but was it weary? She wasn’t sure. Either way the two Matoran began to walk from the Suva of Fire, beginning their trek back to the Great Telescope. As she walked she felt for the Suva, trying to make sure she could exchange this Flame Sword for the Crystal Blade, if her Brother required it.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

IC Kardaka - on Route to Ko-Pou

The Turaga flinched as she realized the Vortixx was handing her something. She tried to protest. “N-no, I don’t need this, I don’t need anything, I—” but by then the Vortixx was gone. She swallowed and looked at the crystal in her hand. It didn’t feel like ordinary stone, more delicate and complex.

Uneasy with holding it, she handed it to Triage. As she gave it up she asked, “Um, the League Airship, that was the one that landed in the Ruins, right? Since you are unharmed, and they left with no damage, I hope that you talked to them?

In her heartlight she knew that the crusade the Vortixx had described must have been a slave revolt. She knew her people too well, greedy, corrupt, and eager to project their flaws onto others. She had little doubt that the war had been for their liberation, only they were more successful here, at the cost of the Ark.

Though if the war continued, surely the Matoran would be fighting to retake the ark? She supposed it was sinking, but there was still things to scavenge from it. And Triage and the other Toa had seemed unbothered by the incident with the airship. She finally managed to ask, “Is there a truce?” just as she realized they had arrived at the frozen outpost.

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander @Onaku @Tarn

IC Minion Avka - Ruins of Stone

Avka tapped their Mahi horn knives against the hard floor of the Ruins, getting a bit bored without someone to observe. All there was in sight was the Skakdi Enra, that savage feral beast of a—

The Skakdi of Lightning adjust slightly and Avka’s eyes ignited with light, though she did not seem to notice. They went back to pressing their back to the wall, wh-what were they talking about, of course she noticed. She was intimidated, but the power of an Av-Matoran. A Desecrated At-Matoran at that. S-she wasn’t that scary.

They wiped their mask, wincing at the jagged texture, before pulling their hood down over their face. They were fine, great. Nothing fazed them.

IC Minion The Big Bruiser -Tobruk-Koro

The Big Bruiser shuffled in place, running her hands up and down the length of her pickaxe. She missed the Mine, at least there was stuff to do there, and she could find chunks of Protodermis, they weren’t as shiny as a disk, but they could become a disk. That was exciting. Unlike this.

The Steltian Bruiser stretched, “Soooo, not much happening right now?” Her fellow guards did not respond, barely a cough was uttered. She sighed, almost wishing an invasion would happen, to at least give her something to do.

IC Minion Bode - Fields of Tobduk-Koro

The Desecrated De-Matoran reached out again through his telepathic link, trying to reach the Aspect who had desecrated him. Well, Bode had done that himself. Still he spoke through his body, “Master, is there something I can do for you? Is something wrong?

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 3

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

3 hours ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

The king blinked, puzzled for a moment by Stannis's request. Then he realized what the old man was doing. 

"Doing some more of rituals, hmmm? Sorry, I haven't touched the Archives at all. I'm sure a lot of the tunnels are submerged, and the Rahi along with them. " Aurax shrugged. "But you're welcome to go down there yourself and look."

IC Stannis | Coliseum

"Ah." The old man looked somewhat stymied for a moment, looking from one side to the other in mock confusion. What did he hope to accomplish there? He supposed teleporting to Aurax was the closest thing he could do to getting to the Archives. 

"I have an airship now. Can your DMV issue me a license?"

• Like 2

IC: Triage - Ko-Pou Outpost

Triage went through the Turaga's questions while he had the chance. "Yes. They weren't looking to fight, they had an injured woman aboard and needed a medic," he said, taking out the knowledge crystal and observing it in the lights of the outpost. Seemed more like junk.

"A truce...is sort of what you could call it."

@Harvali

• Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Atamai nodded. “Yes, creating a container for the protodermis should be pretty simple,” he said. 

OOC: @Sparticus147

Aurax blinked in confusion again. “Uh, yeah, just go to like the fourth floor and talk to one of the Vahki there.” 

• Like 2

IC: Toa Arkius NUVA Proxima - Outside Ruins of Earth

It would be a lie to say Arkius didn't feel worried by the swarm of Mesi encroaching on his location and surrounding him. The skittering of the malformed and crooked beings converging on his location made his fight or flight instinct flare up, but he fought it down, kept a cool head, and did his best to supress the fear that took hold of his heart. These beings, these Mesi, they were well adapted to living underground, crawling through its vast and narrow reaches, certainly they wouldn't be inaccurate to call this place their home and turf. Except... they had adapted. These Mesi, these twisted offshoots of Skakdi, had certainly not hailed from the depths below. Their bodies had been contorted and twisted to fit in these caverns, mutilated by ages of crawling and crouching into a form more suited for the underground, their bodies covered in the same growths that thrived in the deepest darkness. The depths of the Earth had claimed these creatures and made them their own... But Arkius had been made to be the Earth's master. The Mesi had adopted the deep, but it was Arkius' birth right. And he would not be intimidated by those whom his element had mastered.

"Stay your weapons and heed my words. We have a common enemy on the surface. The warskaks-" he spat the word, making clear his disposition toward them, "- deserve to be wiped off the face of this island, and I can offer you the tools to see it done." His mask of charisma, though glowing before the Mesi arrived, had gone dark, yet its power remained in effect. Should his words prove insufficient on their own, then surely his mask would at least lend them more weight. Slinging the spear onto his shoulder next to his axe, Arkius retrieved the two Great Disks from the box, showing them to the Mesi in the knowledge that they could perceive by other means than their absent eyes, before stashing them back into the box. "I offer you these keys to ultimate power, along with the knowledge of how to use them, and my oath to fight alongside you in the extermination of the warskaks... and all I ask in return is that you aid me in breaking those who have betrayed me."

@Eyru

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

Aurax blinked in confusion again. “Uh, yeah, just go to like the fourth floor and talk to one of the Vahki there.” 

IC Stannis | Coliseum

"Thank you, I rate you... four stars," was all Stannis said before he wandered off. 

• Like 3

IC: Korio Karasha - Irnakk's Tooth

Korio wasn't far behind, trying to run from the fumes even as the cloud was beginning to overwhelm him as well. His goggles were doing a fine job protecting his optics, at the moment, but his throat burned and he began to cough. He stopped moving only to check on Ysocla, glancing between her and the position of the Mesi further down and grunting in frustration. He needed a partner for this. And...he didn't want to leave her behind like this. "Stay alive, Ys," the Vo-Skakdi finally said between gags. "Ya better catch up, or...or I'll..."

He trailed off and coughed once more. Hopeful that Yumi and Zai could make the Mesi lose focus and clear the air, Korio fought it off long enough to aim down the opening in the barricades created by Zataka with an explosive arrow nocked, then fired at where he assumed their opponents were. Not even waiting to see if he made contact with the fumes bearing down on him, the Vo-Skakdi vaulted over the barricade in front of him and started moving forward again.

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360@Vezok's Friend@Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: The Administrator | Elemental Temple Ruins of Air, Earth, Fire, Ice, Stone, and Water

“Great Builders, I am proud to announce you have reconnected me to the six elemental temples on this island. As part of my increased network stability, I have discovered a new room within each temple. Allow me to open it, but I warn you to be careful: it looks very much like an office,said the Administrator as one of the walls within the final room of the temple began to shift and open up. There was no grinding of stone, no sounds of mortar being crumbled. In this suva world one wall simply changed.

Looking through the open triangular doorway you see a large circular room with a domed ceiling of stars and a round sand pit at its center. A small flight of stairs leads you down to the stone floor, which is warm underfoot. There are two tiers of tan sandstone bleachers ringing the perimeter of this space, providing ample room for a small village to hide during an emergency. The sand pit is an amaja circle -- a storytelling place of the builders. Set next to the amaja circle is an open chest with five carved gemstones of different colors. A sixth stone of porous igneous rock carved in a different and more angular style than the gemstones already rests in the center of the amaja circle.

The Administrator spoke again; “I believe the Builders used this place during times of danger, and in times of war. Perhaps it would be effective against those monsters made by the Great Spirit of Nightmares. I am still installing some of the necessary update patches, but it should be online and functioning shortly. I would recommend getting acquainted with the stones by the sand pit: they seem to affect the local environment outside this temple.”

OOC: Congratulations everyone on unlocking all of the NUVA puzzles in the Elemental Temple Ruins. I'm excited to see which characters become NUVA in the temples that have yet to be used, and I look forward to what comes next. See Expansion #8 as it continues to roll over over the rest of this week. Tonight's update: the Power Scale and Amaja Circles.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

Disrupt their concentration!” [Ysocla] managed to cough back to [us].

IC Yumiwak + Zai | Irnakk's Tooth

I shot Zai a quick look. She could see my plan suddenly unfolding in my eyes... or maybe my smile? My smile was infinitely more expressive than my eyes or so I was told by someone who saw a guy named Dennis or Stanlis or something like that who had really inexpressive eyes. We needed to distract the Mesi, shatter their concentrations and ability to use their elements as effectively. They were good, I'll give them that, but like any other elementals they needed focus. I had to at once take away their focus without inhibiting my faction's in turn. It couldn't be something that would be familiar to the Mesi—too close to their own culture and it would just turn to patriotic humming—so that it would throw their minds off-kilter.

"No, no, no,"

"Yes, there's no better way.

"Yumi, I don't think..."

"My mind's made up. It'll be fun! And you know what they say—" [we linked hands and psyches together again] "—you can't have a slaughter without the laughter!"

I could sense their conniving little noggins like hearing whispers in a concrete room. They were not hard to single out, and I targeted them specifically as best I could though I was also sure my people would be able to hear what I was about to share, too. That's why I couldn't just resort to incinerating their brains by channeling Zai's powers as one flow of power. And so instead I broadcasted a memory, or rather the sound of a memory, with mind-shattering volume just as I experienced it the first time in my family's living room when I discovered our music box. 

Hopefully this will do the trick.

Music

@Nato the Traveler @pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Vezok's Friend

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

IC: Bronk (Ko-Pou)

Bronk had no clue what was happening at Kini-Koro, all he knew was that things were happening and it didn't sound good. But Vulimai hadn't yet called for help, and so he continued his usual duties...That is until the voice of the Administrator came online and a door opened besides the Onu-Matoran. Looking into the space, he simply sighed.

"She's goin' tuh want tuh here this one, ain't she?"

IC Stannis | Coliseum

Time seemed to bend around Stannis as he wandered unabated through the halls of the Coliseum and down the many floors, whether by use of his Haonga or some other magics—if indeed they were even magics at all and not simply the laws of Xa-Kaz—and he moved unabated by Vahki enforcers and the occasional League citizen. For the most part the Leaguers were ambivalent, as Aurax was smart enough to place only his loyalists around and in his castle, though the Warmage had doubts he would meet as little resistance outside the walls of the Coliseum. It was odd, he reflected, that positions of administration had not been delegated to sentient beings, considering (mostly to himself) that such a heavy reliance on the hiveminded automatons represented a weakness someone like Aurax or Okuo could exploit, if they ever got inside. 

He obtained his pilot's license after some small bueaucratic difficulty of not technically being a League of Kingdoms citizen, though he was added to the roster of the Kingdom of Aurax rather quickly once he received a quick vouching from a passerby Vortixx who walked ever so faster away as soon as she gave her good word. 

From there, the Wanderer had gone outside, ventured towards where the Archives were supposed to be, lamented at the loss of the ancient repository of knowledge, made a mental note about the Hiripaki vault, and then captured a Crystal Climber with the assistance of the kraata Whisper provided him. From there, he took a Vahki-piloted shuttle to the outskirts of the city where it met the turbid lake of defiled energized protodermis, ripped the heart light from the Rahi specimen, and dipped it into the lake with the aid of a long spoon he fashioned from his element. 

In the end, he created a kraata. It was inelegant, indelicate, and raw in form, but Caedast had finally made a kraata of her own. Before the Vahki pilot could make a comment about a weird worm baby, Stannis had warped away. jumped into a shadow from whence he had come.

Oreius felt the familiar tendrils of darkness creep around him, but this time he was not pulled into the shadow he cast and Stannis came out from behind him. One instant Oreius was alone with Whisper, and then the next the damnable Wanderer was standing beside him like an overbearing neck breather of a chaperone. 

"I have got one, Whisper," he announced, stepping up to her. "This is a kraata of vacuum. Its name is Kirby."

@Eyru @Nato the Traveler 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
Sorry this is so awful, lmao. I wrote myself into a corner and needed drastic measures to get out and back into things and I feel much shame about it. Now, back to your regularly-scheduled well-scripted Wanderer posts.
  • Like 5

IC: Whisper - Kini-Koro

Whisper, who had been floating in the midst of the increasingly-awkward silence growing between her and Orieus, was glad for Stannis' return. 

"You give yours names?"

• Like 2

IC: Whisper - Kini-Nui

"Alright," she held out one of her tendrils, trying to ignore the trepidation creeping back into the confines of her mind. "Let's do this."

• Like 1

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

“Goodbye,

Hello.

Step forth into the darkness and prepare the gift,

A star’s heart still beating, still lit.

Two midnight horrors cry and shift,

Make them squirm inside the pit,

Bind worm and willing host,

Tear the yolk and spread its gold.

Devour knowledge and their ghost.

Pray for prey forever sold,

Hello,

And goodbye.”

It was done, then. Two Aspects, sworn for the time being to aid each other in their quests, one far older and more powerful but the other one still young and enthusiastically desperate. 

(don’t look at me, once-brother)

(judge me, hate me, fear me me)

(look at me, once brother)

(I’m no better than you)

@Eyru

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Kini-Nui

Well, Sala still had not returned. And he had spent potentially too much time talking with the Co-Counselor and the Vortixx. Or so he supposed he might have. He wasn’t too good at keeping track of time. He should go find Sidra anyway.

But as he walked for the village, more activity happened in the direction of the new portal. His interest piqued, he slowly moseyed his way on in that direction.

As he walked, Sorilax held up his hand, warping his element to flow around his hand as if it weren’t there, almost like a rock in a frigid mountain stream. Just like when he had first gotten his element, where he focused this action seemed to disappear, as without the Light bouncing off of it, his hand couldn’t be seen. Why could he not make lasers this easily? Odd indeed.

IC: Krrenchk - Skakdi of Stone

Location - Fort Nektann

With - Drukarus, Parnassus, Detsu

Krrenchk’s whole body tensed as they walked at the mention of his mask. Anger slowly seeped into his brain. But no, the Aspect had not mentioned his facial scars, everything was okay so far. Still, he was ready to retaliate against an attack on his honor. He was not clever enough to fully disguise that the question had affected him in some way. His three fingered left hand idly caressed his recently polished Kanohi as he replied hesitantly then lost himself to plans of future raids, “Yes. I got it some time ago. I think it looks very striking. Hopefully we can go out and find some things just like it after you fellows talk to Barius.

The Po-Skakdi’s rising anger abated as he wondered, “Actually, I haven’t seen Barius in a while.” He mumbled to himself, “I wonder what he’s been up to.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Conway

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Whisper - Kini-Nui

"So this is what it feels like," she marveled at the sensation of power seeping into her suit, filling and fueling her form. "How could anyone call this a curse?"

• Like 2

IC: Niidak (Relic Fields)

After getting the fuel, Niidak walked to the place where she had hidden her hoverbike, and was pleased to find it intact and untouched. She filled its fuel reserves and drove back to the Junk Fields, to the plaza with the strange statue.

The statue was still there, and there were no signs of life. The scratchmarks of her previous attempt at severing the head could still be seen on its stone neck. But this time, Niidak had a proper tool for the job.

She hopped off the bike and took out the seismic pickaxe which had been loaned to her by Sidra. As she looked at the tool, her Vortixx mind immediately understood how it worked, but before actually using it she decided to practice a little by  cutting off a piece of the pedestal. It was an elegant tool, and she couldn’t help but admire the craftsmanship of its creators.

It was perfect for this task. She carefully aimed the pickaxe at the neck of the statue, and then powered up the tool, trying to once again behead Hafu’s work.

OOC: @Eyru

• Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula) - The Fantastical Flying Fish

Well, this beat both walking and flying under his own power. Which wasn’t really flying, just manipulating his own gravity carefully.

"Eh. I’ve travelled with worse companions."

@Sparticus147

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, Far Shore Rift) - Ghosts From the Past

One Mask of Telepathy. One Krana. One new set of protosteel armour. Two protosteel daggers. One fully-loaded Cordak Blaster. And something that could be best be described as a Laser Drill.

Cataloguing his unexpected gains had been the easy part. Forming opinions about them, however, had been... challenging. Just as words fell from his mouth without his notice, it seemed that thoughts and ideas not entirely his own were filling his head. For instance, he couldn’t determine if the Cordak was too much firepower... or not enough.

Part of him wanted to rip Nuju to shreds. Part of him thought that was needlessly vile and cruel. Another part thought that he wasn’t worth it, and they - he - needed to stay focused. It took the form of Lord Mantax, stern and noble, practically radiating deference. The others... he didn’t want to think about them. Not now. Or ever again.

He ignored the wretch, heading further into Kini-Koro, to tell Vulimai of his return. Out of courtesy, not obligation. "Courtesy... obligation... courtesy... obligation..."

@Unreliable Narrator

IC: Ulkarr (Tobduk-Koro, Telepathic Link) - Private Channel

Ulkarr did not seem happy with Kanohi putting off this discussion, but seemed to relent. He instead, decided to answer Bode.

Booodeee... it is good to hear from you. My apologies for not responding sooner, I was… preoccupied. According to the Akiri, it seems that soon there will be more portals like the one in the Ruins appearing soon. This presents a security risk. But nothing is needed of you as of yet. I trust that the mechanical enforcers have been treating you well?

@Harvali

IC: Enra (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - Oi!

Enra did indeed notice Avka. The sight of a shady-looking figure in a hood in a restricted area reminded her she was also supposed to be keeping watch on the temple in general.

"Oi, what do you think you’re doing here? Temple’s off-limits." She tried to hit that right mix of sternness and the I’m not mad, but you’ve done something wrong tone her mother would always give her.

@Harvali

• Like 1

IC: [Mouth of Irnakks’s Tooth]

As Viltia descended lower, she realized the platforms, though looking natural at first, were not. It struck her after seeing the first couple of platforms up close. Something was off, the texture was all wrong. The realization came once again from her forge lessons, especially the many early failed attempts at creating Kanohi: this rock had been molten, or rather just begun to melt, started to slide and then suddenly cooled - somehow - and settled again. It was all warped like an ill-made mask.

In addition to their bizarre formation, there were deep gaps in-between the platforms, as if pieces had been ripped out by something big. To the Toa, from her higher vantage point as she glid from platform to platform through gaps in the acrid smoke, it looked like the deep markings had been left behind by massive claws, fighting their way up out of this pit. Nektann was the only being that could have left this particular trail. Which also would explain the sudden cooling.

Proceeding further down, despite her Kraata, the Toa did notice an actual uptick in perceived temperature. Even at its level and with the ability to survive close contact with lava if need be, the worm could only mitigate so much inside an active volcano. It wasn’t painful, not even uncomfortable yet - but definitely notable now. She continued on, landing on another platform. She also had that weird feeling of being watched again, this time manifested as a pressure in her head - or was that the fumes?

No, there was some kind of power here, something sinister at work, like the corruption in the swamp, but this was corruption of the mind - encroaching madness, claiming dominion.

:Lost child.:

:Touched by creation.:

:Family, yet unfamiliar.:

:What brings you here?:

OOC: Alrighty @Kal the Guardian time for terrible past/present future visions.

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

On 1/31/2021 at 5:25 PM, Tarn said:

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

She smiled as the Toa of Iron fumbled with his words, standing to face him. The Commander was a confident engineer and airship pilot, but when it came to women he always seemed so nervous about saying the wrong thing. Nale found it cute.

She gently placed a hand on Knichou's chest to reassure him. "I always like to hear your ideas. I want to be operating at 100% for this ship at all times, and...I like playing with new toys."

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Kini-Nui Hillside, The Taku, Vibing

Nale's hand sunk through Knichou's silver chestplate, meeting no resistance whatsoever from the Toa of Iron's nanodermis outer shell. In fact, the supermaterial appeared to melt out of the way for her palm, the adaptive armor flowing to all sides to make room for the Toa of Magnetism to fill the hole around Knichou's heartlight and complete his defenses. Some of the dark blue nanites from the Toa Rode's gauntlets dissipated throughout the surface of the ex-Ghost's breastplate like a cloud of navy ink in clear water.

Knichou's chest rose as he took a deep breath, the light resistance of Nale's warm hand utterly freezing him in place. The pulsing glow of his green heartlight fluttered between her fingers as he exhaled, his entire body visibly relaxing as the pressure left his lungs. He placed a hand over hers, and slowly breathed yet again, Nale's hand riding the peaceful waves of the undulating chest beneath the other Toa's armor.

Yet again, Nale was right. Knichou knew that he didn't need to worry about what she would think. He just had to get out there and tell her, show her what he had been thinking and feeling. As close as the captain and commander had grown over the past month, it was still difficult to fully adjust to being together - the paradoxical feeling of safety while a mysterious island hid dangers around them, the worry of whether or not the friends who had ventured out into the jungles and tunnels would ever return. The dissonance ate away at Knichou so often, but Nale's comforting presence always managed to bring him down to earth and restore his focus on what was important.

They were together, and were so much stronger because of it. They kept each other safe. Watched each other's backs. They were safe, for the first time in a long time.

Knichou trusted Nale. She trusted him. Nothing could change that now.

So why do I still get so worried sometimes?

On 1/31/2021 at 10:32 PM, Snelly said:

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

"Hmmmm let's see..." The Toa of Air stepped over next to Arnex's turret and looked out at the formation of rocks in view. Skyra then pointed suddenly. "You see that rock that kind of looks like it has a head? Aim for that." It kind of reminded her of Stannis a bit.

On 2/2/2021 at 12:16 PM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Electro Rocket Launcher) - Anticipation of the Bang

Navu stuck her fingers in her ears and - for whatever reason - closed her eyes.

While a wide section of the Taku's hull paneling mechanically slid to the side to give the turret space to fire, Skyra pointed outwards at the mountainside. Arnex saw the rock in question, and used the foot pedals to rotate the turret towards it. Putting her hand on the joystick, she pushed it outwards, and there was a whirr as electronic motors rotated the rocket rack to point downwards towards the target. Two large iron sights extended from the mounted weapon platform at an angle. The Onu-Matoran looked through them and after a few minor tweaks in the turret's angle, the rock-with-a-head was centered in the weapon's crosshairs.

On 2/2/2021 at 12:16 PM, Toru Nui said:

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Communal Table) - Sickening Sweethearts

NU-8020S’ head slowly turned a full three-hundred and sixty degrees, her secret way of showing and alleviating frustration. She had no time for this mating call.

The Vahki in the room appeared to be performing some silent maintenance subroutine, but after a momentary glance, Knichou's optics quickly had their attention recaptured by Nale's magnetic allure. For this brief, everlasting moment, Knichou knew exactly what he wanted to do, nay, what he was going to do, with a surety that the engineer rarely felt. A warm smile grew on his face as he gave a slight nod that silently said thanks.

Knichou's smile broadened, and his lips parted as a force from deep beneath his heartlight burst forth to show him exactly what he knew would be the perfect thing to say.

"FIRE IN THE HOLE!"

Was that... Arnex? Knichou had rarely heard the Onu-Matoran shout before.

Click. Fwoosh. BOOM. The large boulder the size of a medium boulder, nature's veritable granite garden gnome, exploded to smithereens. Large arcs of electricity zapped the nearby moss with a crackle, with a small mist emanating from the instantaneously roasted lichen.

Knichou felt the pressure of firing a rocket distribute throughout the beams in the Taku's metal airframe, but the rocket itself was distinctly less loud as normal. What was going on?

The ex-Ghost knew he'd have time to deal with it in a few moments. After a momentary pause, he refocused on Nale and began to say what didn't need to be said, yet needed to be said.

The Taku's intercom spoke for him as Berys routed the latest message through it. Vulimai's voice echoed throughout the airship.

"Toa Knichou, the Earth Ruins Portal has been opened and been sealed by Toa Atamai. Toa Arkius, Katrin, Jutori, and Kilo have exited it. The Toa are injured and Kilo has unlocked NUVA. Apparently Toa Arkius had initiated the fight but was split into two with the Staff of Fusion and has fled with the Le-Metru and Ta-Metru Great Disks and Staff of Fusion."

Knichou took in the news, optics darting between each of Nale's. His face first was filled with glee, then with worry, followed by a confused mix of the two. Arkius is back! Arkius is injured?!? Arkius started a fight!?! There are two Arkiuses (Arkii?)?!? Arkius... fled the scene???

The Toa of iron squeezed Nale's hand, pulling it away from his heartlight until their hands were in between the two, each Toa supporting the other in what looked like a strange handshake. Knichou had entirely forgotten what that perfect line that he was going to say moments before was, but he quickly found good enough words for their new predicament.

"Don't worry, we'll figure this out. Together. Let's get down there."

The Toa of iron used his powers to turn the wheel of the door to the bridge, subsequently swinging open the bulkhead door telekinetically. Knichou lead Nale to the bridge, not letting go of her hand out of instinct, not that the Taku's captain needed any further motivation to move towards the bridge as well.

"Land us by that new portal, Berys," the commander ordered. Within a few moments, the Taku had rose to a hover, the landing gear allowed to stretch for a moment before the flick of a switch caused them to fold beneath the hull. It slowly rotated until the new portal was in view through the windshield, and subsequently the floating whale accelerated towards the disturbance.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro 

As Ulkarr fell silent, Councilor Kanohi continued to fidget. Ulkarr … he could be trying to manipulate the cross-wired Fe-Matoran, it wasn’t hard to realize how gullible Kanohi was, now easily stressed he was. He was not hard to manipulate. But … did Stannis know that too. Was that why he appointed Kanohi Akiri, to have influence over the leader of Po-Koro?

And after the meeting with a strange Aspect like Sorilax, it only drove home how little Kanohi understood the Aspects. He knew little of Stannis’s past, like if he could have gained access to Aspect secrets like Sorilax.

Gradually Kanohi began to fidget less, calming down. Ulkarr, Whisper, maybe Sorilax, the Aspects did not seem inherently evil. Stannis could be an Aspect and not evil. Sorilax had seemed ashamed of his nature, perhaps Stannis was similar.

Ultimately he knew far too little on the matter to speak wisely.

Finally he said, “Thank you Ulkarr. I … I needed that time to calm. I don’t know if I can talk about it now, but I do remember a detail. Stannis, when he gave the necklace to me I believe he said I could call him with it at any time. I have never tried it, I had forgotten the necklace even existed. I do not know if it would be effectively a portable radio, or something more. But it … it may have a power.” And Sorilax claimed a stage one Aspect could communicate from long distances with their followers, which made Ulkarr’s claims … more plausible.

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC Minion Avka - Ruins of Stone

Avka swallowed and said, “I … I am a member of the Tobduk Guard, here to m-make sure no one dangerous makes it through the portal, and alert the others.” They could see out of the corner of their optics the light of their heartlight beat wildly.

They … they were the superior Matoran, an Av-Matoran, able to channel their Light. They were destined to become a Toa, thanks to their superior physiology and element. They were superior, the chosen element of the chosen breed. They were powerful.

But it was far easier to believe that when looking at a humble De-Matoran who could be incapacitated by a particularly loud shout, or a Le-Matoran who struggled to even walk. But a Skakdi? It was hard to feel strong looking at a woman whose legs alone were their full height, whose powers far dwarfed their own. Who could overwhelm a Toa.

Then they were interrupted by the voice of the Administrator. “A way of fighting the beasts through controlling the environment?” Their optics widened. Could they create massive vines to entangle the Rain Demon? Carve chasms in the ground to trap them? Increase gravity until they were immobile? Freeze them solid? This … this could be a big help to the Koro.

IC Minion Bode - Fields of Tobduk-Koro

Bode paused, “they have treated me no worse than I deserve. Mostly asking questions about Ramaka, I think they occasionally see through my senses. Though I … am afraid my memory has been bad since you empowered me. But it predates their arrival in Po-Koro, it’s not their staves. But mostly the Vahki let the Matoran members of the guard be the ones watching me. I think the Matoran of the village preferred they regulate their own breed, not the Vahki.

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2