Favorite Hero Cores

The 1.0 cores were actually my LEAST favorite. Not only were they inconsistent in their colors (they were trans, except when they weren't, as in the Drop Ship pilot), they were overly bulky and thus practically impossible to use with any parts except the just-as-limited 1.0 torsos.The 2.0/3.0 cores were some of my favorites. Not only were they solid colors (which made them look so much better on parts with contrasting colors), they were much flatter, and as such could be used effectively on practically any armor piece in the 2.0 system.The breakout cores are some of the most versatile (finally lacking the "nub" on the end that made it less symmetrical), and are also a more attractive size (almost exactly two modules across in every direction). The lack of color is an issue, and I wish it were solved in sets as it is in the show (with the background of the core colored to match the heroes instead of being a uniform grey). Perhaps we'll see more color for this part in next year's sets, in which case this core would become my hands-down favorite. As it currently stands, it's a toss-up between the past two cores, with the original cores coming in a distant third.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The 2.0/3.0 cores came in a lot of colors, which I liked, but the proportions and connection points of the newest ("Breakout") cores make them by far the most versatile, so I have to go with those. Using a 8M engine shell from the Fire Villains as a torso for a Hero would make a 2.0/3.0 Hero Core look awkward, but with a Breakout core it'd look great!

I personally think the Breakout cores are the best; they're easy to use on another model, and go great with everything.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

2.0/3.0 cores were my favourite. They were simple and to the point in their designs, and didn't have the unnecessary additional parts underneath the H, like with the 1.0 sets. Them being multi-coloured and larger is what makes them stand out against the 4.0/5.0 cores as well.Now, the one thing that would make them undeniably better is if they were translucent. That was the strongest factor in the 1.0 sets, which made them pretty awesome. But, unfortunately the 2.0/3.0 sets were a solid colour and so didn't get the cool factor.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I think the 2011 cores were my favourite because they looked good and came in many and bright colours that contrasted well with their backgrounds. The 2010 cores were too long and their transparency didn´t always look good. The 2012 cores are a bit too small and boring in my opinion, although their shape is nice. It´s just that I wished they came in more colours.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I definitely prefer the 2.0 cores. I don't think much about versatility, as there's not a whole lot of uses for an H in a circle, so I don't like the Breakout cores. They're too simple, and bulge out of the chest. The 1.0 cores were too big, but I did like the translucency. As such, translucent 2.0-style cores would be my ideal.

I definitely prefer the 2.0 cores. I don't think much about versatility, as there's not a whole lot of uses for an H in a circle, so I don't like the Breakout cores. They're too simple, and bulge out of the chest. The 1.0 cores were too big, but I did like the translucency. As such, translucent 2.0-style cores would be my ideal.

While I agree Hero Cores aren't good for much besides Hero Cores (although I'm trying to whip up a microscale police station with helipad using the new Hero Cores on LDD), the Breakout versions are a lot more versatile than the 2.0 versions in my opinion. With the 2.0 ones, they had difficulty fitting on parts other than the 2.0 chest pieces without looking gappy and out-of-place. The new Breakout Hero Cores fit on lots of parts quite snugly, including the 8x5 "engine block" shells from the Fire Villains, the 2.0 Hero torsos, the new Breakout torsos, and in fact pretty much any shell piece. They do stick out from the chest a bit farther, which does look awkward sometimes from side view, but I think that's a worthwhile sacrifice if it means an easier time building Heroes with non-standard torso designs.

What I'd like to see is two-piece Hero Cores, so that they're like the Breakout ones, but the H is translucent (and preferably removable). Or just the Breakout Cores in multiple colours (again, translucent colours included). Either way, the Breakout cores are the better kind, closely followed by 2.0, for reasons that have been explained. First gen Hero Cores just don't cut it really. They don't fit on anything besides the chest armour they were made for (or you have to be some kind of super genius to MOC a way to fit it on) and they look kind of silly.

While I agree Hero Cores aren't good for much besides Hero Cores (although I'm trying to whip up a microscale police station with helipad using the new Hero Cores on LDD), the Breakout versions are a lot more versatile than the 2.0 versions in my opinion. With the 2.0 ones, they had difficulty fitting on parts other than the 2.0 chest pieces without looking gappy and out-of-place. The new Breakout Hero Cores fit on lots of parts quite snugly, including the 8x5 "engine block" shells from the Fire Villains, the 2.0 Hero torsos, the new Breakout torsos, and in fact pretty much any shell piece. They do stick out from the chest a bit farther, which does look awkward sometimes from side view, but I think that's a worthwhile sacrifice if it means an easier time building Heroes with non-standard torso designs.
That is true. Nonetheless, I feel that, in the case of hero cores, aesthetics outweigh versatility, due to their specialized purpose. Furthermore, the Breakout core's solid center makes them chromatically awkward- the only solution is printing, and printing greatly reduces the MOCing value of a part.

The 2011 cores are probably better to me, because I'm not a huge fan of transparent parts (but if it's at least on a solid-colored piece, it's OK) but I don't like the 3.0. cores because they're just so bland and all white, nothing interesting going on with them.

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

The 2011 cores are probably better to me, because I'm not a huge fan of transparent parts (but if it's at least on a solid-colored piece, it's OK) but I don't like the 3.0. cores because they're just so bland and all white, nothing interesting going on with them.

Well, they are printed with a very light gray in the recessed portion so that the H still stands out. But I sort of get your point. I kind of wish that there were more uniqueness among them, although I still feel the white looks pretty cool.

I would say 2.0 cores. I think they're the most compact and colorful. They fit in nicely and just look more appealing than a small white "H" slapped on a torso. The transparent cores just don't really appeal to me much. The transparency was a good idea and all but I think they're too big (also a bunch came in brand new colors so they weren't compatible with other colors).

Edited by Daiker

doom4revalt.png

I would say 2.0 cores. I think they're the most compact and colorful. They fit in nicely and just look more appealing than a small white "H" slapped on a torso. The transparent cores just don't really appeal to me much. The transparency was a good idea and all but I think they're too big (also a bunch came in brand new colors so they weren't compatible with other colors).

Actually, none of the 1.0 cores came in new colors (except perhaps the one in the Drop Ship, which like many of the silver parts in 2010 Hero Factory may have had a new silver metallic variant in later production runs).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Can't decide between 2.0 and Breakout. 2.0 cores looked better on the heroes (especially being colored) while the Breakout cores look better everywhere else.They both have potential for uses elsewhere, either as an "H" or an "I", though if the latter the Breakout cores would be more symmetrical.I don't really like the 1.0 cores, especially by comparison. They're too big and they aren't a nice rounded shape.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I really like 2012's currently, because they are much more veratile. They can be attached in plenty more ways, and have a less obscure shape that previous years had.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.