Which Mask Would You Like To Have?

joev14

I'd like either a Mahiki, a Calix, a Miru, or a Kaukau.A Mahiki because shapeshifting and creating doubles of yourself sounds fun. Basically I'd be just like Naruto...even though I'm no longer a fan of that show and haven't seen a full episode in about 5 years. But those sound fun.A Calix because then I could do parkour without learning how. I could just...do it.A Miru because levitating would be fun. Plus it could help me get over my fear of heights.And a Kaukau because I love being in the water.

I would totally have an original Hau for 3 reasons:

• It's the only mask I can still match the name to the appearance anymore. ;_;
  • It's a classic.
  • It looks awesome. (IMO)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

ahh.... My first thought is the Komau, followed quickly by the calix and the kakama. I am a traceur, and speed/dexterity are really valuable. The Komau would just be a lovely insert to help people along with their daily lives, you know, ala "do this now" style.

Which Kanohi Mask would you want to have? (Also no picking Legendary masks like the mask of shadows, mask of light, mask of life, mask of time, mask of demensions etc. because it's the first obvious choice)I would pick the Kanohi Shelek, the mask of Silence (So I can rob my brother of the ability to speak :evil:, or rob my mom of the ability to hear me while I'm plotting to destroy the world).P.S. CHOOSE REAL CANON MASKS. Not made up one's please!
Helpful in a world of annoying people. The mask of Intangibility and telekinesis would also be included in my top 3 choices.

• 2 weeks later...

The Ruru, because I can't I can't find a flashlight to save my life,The Akaku, not for the reasons you think, but to find those hard to find important bionicle pieces for MOCing,The Rode (Axonn's mask), so that I'll be able to tell when somebody's lying (Obviously),The Faxon, so that I'll be able to copy the powers of a ant, and lift up a car or something,The Kadin, because flying sounds so freaking amazing, and also I'd like to be able to hum the Superman theme while flying,The Kualsi, because, you know, fast travel = no more shipping costs for buying Bionicles, just go there and pick it up,The Rau, No more spanish class needed, and I'd be able to tell what my dog needed,The Pehkui, so that I'd be able to clean out under my bed more easily, and then I'd be able to find my pieces faster,The Huna, I think the reason is obvious.Those are the masks that I want, or maybe a mixture of all them.....Oh yeah, and the great mask I want is the Vahi.BACK IN TIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMEEEEEE.

• 2 weeks later...
(Also no picking Legendary masks like the mask of shadows, mask of light, mask of life, mask of time, mask of demensions etc. because it's the first obvious choice)
Masks of time, life and creation are the only legendary masks. Shadows, light and dimensions aren't. Yeah, sorry, I just feel like being that guy today. I'll probably regret it later.I wouldn't choose them though. I'd want the Huna or Volitak. Whichever is sneakier. Probably huna for the look.

Hmmmm! I've got the Akaku in my avatar but that's just because I equate wearing glasses with wearing an Akaku... hmm. Probably a Volitak or a Kadin. Being stealthy would be convenient, and flying sounds soooo cooooooooool! I'll go with "If I had a Suva" and pick my top six.Akaku would be my primary mask because I equate Akaku and glasses, and also being able to see through things is cool.Kadin would be my awesome mask of goofing around and travelling.Volitak would be for sneaking up on people and spooking them.Kaukau because I might loooove Lightning as a power, but I'd adore being able to say underwater for longer than what my puny lungs alone can handle.Matatu, because strange as it may seem not all problems can be solved with an application of zap to foe. (Some need an application of foe to ground.)And, finally...A Ruru! Scared of the dark? Me? Never, except for the part where never means always. I'll never have to worry about not knowing what's around me ever agaaaaain!Top top, though? Kadin. Forever.

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Hm, I have quite a few that catch my fancy. Let me break it all down.Kadin--Flight. What more do I need to say? Self-propelled flight has always been a fun concept for me. There's a lot about my life that I associate with flying, so this mask was always my first choice.Olmak--It is definitely better that teleporting, flying, or running super fast to get to a destination. While useful in that regard, you just fly through interdimensional space before going through the exit portal. So, it's not as entertaining. It'd get old pretty fast. It is useful, yes, but I'd probably just want it as a secondary mask.Hau--Shielding. Who wouldn't want the ability to stare a bullet down as it flies straight for you, and then bounce off harmlessly? I like the notion, personally. Besides, I love the symbolism in the mask: protection. This one is another good one that I would love to have, even if I didn't need to use it much.Suletu--Okay, this one is cool. No doubt about that. But it can still be kinda creepy. Imagine "hearing" what everyone did last night, or stuff no one really wants to hear. Getting into people's heads would be kinda useful, because if something's bothering them, you can come to them and help them out if need be. Maybe not the coolest use, but it's all I can think of. So that's probably down there as a secondary mask.Mohtrek-- Imagine being able to freak out your friends by showing up at their house TWICE in the same minute! There's a lot one can do with that kind of power, but there is always the possibility of one of your former selves getting injured or killed, thus, affecting the future. It's a really cool and useful mask to have, but also dangerous. I wouldn't jump at the chance to use one.Crast--I just think it's a cool mask. You can fly, push people/objects away, etc. But remember, Krika couldn't fly too high because there would be no ground up in the sky for him to repel away from. Thus, not the most useful, but it can still be counted as one of the cooler ones. Not sure how I'd classify that one.Kualsi--Teleportation, but only to a place within your view. Useful, yes, but not the most fun. Because you can do a lot with that sort of power, I'll keep this one as a possible secondary mask.Rode--Who doesn't want to be able to see the truth behind every lie someone tells you? This one is another favorite.Matatu--Telekinesis. Uh, yeah! One of the best powers ever, but you could get lazy from overuse of it.Kiril--Useful. Definitely useful. When you break your mother's best dishes on accident, what better way to go than to just put it back to the way it was, no cracks or anything.Mask of Biomechanics--Useful, especially for typing a ten=page report without wasting a lot of time typing. Just keep a hand on the computer, think what you want it to type, and PRESTO! Your work is done! Another good one.Mask of Adaptaion--It'd just be cool to have. Especially for someone who travels a lot, going to various locations and settings. Probably a secondary mask for me, though.Okay, so what it all boils down to is what power I would use most often, and which one I would actually look forward to using. I'm going to go with the Kadin on this one. If I had to pick any of these as a secondary mask, one that I would use almost as often as the Kadin, I'm gonna say the Hau. Just seems like the one to go with.signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*wonders how he missed this topic for so long* Hey this looks fun. I'magonna go all out on it. :PYou asked "which mask" so for fun I'm going to take that as "you only get ONE mask to wear at all". :P Obviously we'd all want Suvas, but let's treat it like, a tiny portal opens to the fictional world and only one mask can get through, what would I pick? But I get as much time to think about it and choose wisely as I need. In order from the BS01 Kanohi pages:Shielding -- yeah, but that mask would make me really nervous. In real life the situations where you would need it are rare, but if they come up and you put that on, are you basically saying to the criminal, "just TRY to ambush me!"? I'd want some protective power that is more reliable as another option at least.Water Breathing -- I'd enjoy it, and in the case of the old car-in-the-river danger could save my life, but its uses are limited. We have other options generally too in real life. And I watch Mythbusters, so yeah. :PLevitation -- Without power over air, I'd prefer Flight. If I could have an element, and could only pick air, then I guess...Speed -- Eh, maybe. A good candidate.Strength -- There's another mask that could suffice; telekinesis.Vision -- Another candidate.Concealment -- I think this would be better than Hau for facing your typical bank robber or whatever -- avoid the fight. The shadows thing is worrisome, though. Only if I was outside at night or a cloudy day would it be very safe, really. (Depending on if the bad guys know about mask powers. :P) So still gonna have to say no to this.Translation -- Major yes, but real-life technology is getting closer all the time to doing the equivalent. I would love to be able to understand any language without all the headache of learning the languages or using our current clunky translation software. But if your average cellphone or whatever will soon make the mask out of date, I'd regret the choice.Illusion -- This would be a far better defense option than Shielding or Concealment in most situations. Major candidate. On the other hand, I wouldn't want there to be the slight possibility of enemies ever capturing it and using it against me. :PMind Control -- Same boat as Illusion. If I could guarantee no enemy could get it, would be good insurance, but the possibility of abuse if it fell into the wrong hands is just too much.Night Vision -- Nah, we have flashlights, and I have good natural night vision anyways.Telekinesis -- The first one I thought of as my favorite. Upside, you can lift anything without physical work, but downside is it might involve headaches too as mental work. I'd still want it because I would prefer to lift many objects myself so I wouldn't get too ridiculously out of shape, and just use this for little things when it would be inconvenient to do it normally (like when the cat is comfortably sleeping on my lap lol). Only in emergencies would I use it for heavier lifting. It could be used in various ways in the typical bank robber scenario, including holding up barriers as armor, but if an enemy got it, its downside is reasonable enough to have a good chance of them being taken out.Remains my top candidate so far. I only don't pick it right away because I wouldn't want to blind myself to the chance that some major danger would come up that it wouldn't fix.Fate/Uberskill -- another obvious great option, but only enables things I could theoretically do anyways. I'd rather be able to go over and above that with Telekinesis which would apply to a lot of the same situations.Detection -- IF in the real world it could be used to find any object I own, I guess. But I'm very good at finding things naturally, much more than others I know (who don't seem to realize the key is to look UNDER things lol). And I'm big on avoiding headaches so yeah...Telepathy -- I'm good at reading people anyways. Would be nice to have a way to find out how accurate my readings actually are, but only if I could have a Suva full of masks. And the risk of an enemy getting it would also scare me.Accuracy -- Chances of this being useful are rare. I'm also unusually accurate anyways at least in typical situations.Flight -- This is probably one of everybody's top candidates, lol. I dream about flying as much as the next. On the other hand, realistically I would worry about flying into airplane flight paths and not noticing until it was too late, or just what if a gust of wind knocks the mask off? I think you'd really get a fear of heights real fast with this mask. So ironically I think this would really be low on my list when I think it through.Spirit/Astral Projection -- Why not just use Vision?Arthron -- Vision better.Faxon -- Not sure if this one applies in the real world. Does it copy protodermic powers, which obviously real-world animals don't have? Or actual abilities, and then how could that actually work with organic beings? Plus the typical animals around here are just squirrels. If I really want to climb trees and bury nuts then forget where I buried them, I can already do that. :lol: Admittedly having the senses of dogs or cats would be useful, though. But I would only pick this if I could know for sure it would even apply here. So I'ma say no.Summoning -- The only things to really summon here are squirrels, birds, dogs, and cats. Maybe deer occasionally. Of those, the only ones that might be dangerous would be dogs, and I'm very skilled at handling dogs as a pack leader personality. But then, what if I guess wrong and there just happens to be a rogue bear in range? So no.Gravity -- I'm not sure if I should really even be considering this one without considering the other elementals. I would like it in general as a combination of Telekinesis and hovering, flight, whatever. But then what if an enemy got it? Yikes. A candidate, though, just because it could enable telekinesis without the headache risk, and minimal floating if necessary and the like, plus if I really needed to fly somewhere it would be an option.Volitak -- I'm good at moving silently anyways if I want to, so I'd prefer Concealment.Reanimation -- Er no.Corruption, Hunger, Disruption, Silence (projection), Repulsion -- no to all of these evil powers. Repulsion I really don't consider evil in the real-world; Toa have a problem with it just because of a poetic concept which is kinda silly. Yet, Telekinesis or Gravity could already cover it.Time Duplication -- I really don't think it should even exist in canon Bionicle because there was supposed to be a rule against time travel. The use of having an army of me might occasionally come up, but when would I get the past copies from? Every moment I spent in my past I was doing something useful, including resting, or if I did wrong back then, you can't change the past with this mask. There's no time to steal another me from, realistically. And other options like Telekin/grav would also suffice in most situations where this would help anyways.Shrinking -- Lol maybe but nah. :PClairvoyance -- As canonically defined, this mask seems to be completely useless. I often understand intuitively what is about to happen and DO change it, so yeah. And if something really bad was about to happen I'd rather have a mask that I could actually use to do something about it, even if it must take me by surprise. Again, Telekin/grav.Quick Travel (short-range teleportation) -- Too much of a mystery over what it's really doing to my body and soul, plus how risky it might be in a world filled with electromagnetic interferance. If I need to get from point A to point B, I want my body and soul to remain intact along the path in between. :P I love the concept in fiction, but I wouldn't want to risk bringing it into real life.Emulation -- Unclear if there are other powers to emulate in this what-if. If others get other mask powers, maybe, but even then, what if you find yourself facing a bank robber without a mask? No.Growth -- Another lol no. :PRahi Control -- Assuming this would be translated into "animal control" then I would consider it a good candidate. But it seems unlikely I could know that, and the only animals I really want to control generally are dogs and cats, which I can strongly influence already. Plus there's the really creepy risks if a bad guy might get it.Light -- Eh.... probably not... We have flashlights...Shadows -- no.Regeneration (of inanimate objects) -- Eh, maybe.Truth -- Major candidate, as a truthseeker. It would be really hard to abandon this option over anything physical, even Gravity. And in some bank-robber type situations I could know ahead of time what someone disguised as just another customer is really planning. But would its applications be universal? Could I just ask myself a question and instantly know the answer no matter what? It seems the answer is no. And I am already extremely skilled at finding the truth in any situation and seeing through deceptions all the time (have defined a complex system of accurate truthseeking that gets great results, and have often seen through some deceptions almost nobody else seems to have). I would leave this as a candidate until the final time of decision, but I think I'd opt for a physical power.Dimensional Gates -- In real life, has some of the same risks of teleportation. How do I know such a portal doesn't open up a window for deadly intertemporal radiation that might kill real-life organic life? How could I guarantee I was opening a portal to THIS dimension, not an alterate one that is merely very similar? And with it being a total mystery whether this is the only REAL dimension in real life, the risks associated with that are terrifying. IF I could guarantee those dangers not existing, though, a strong option. Could solve many problems that Telekin/Grav do too. But then... there's the enemy-hands thing.Charisma -- I think there are much more honest ways to convince others of your point of view. Short term mind control like the Komau is one thing. This one I kinda think of as inherently evil.Alternate Futures -- I'd prefer something that could help me change my actual future rather than dwelling on couldabeens. I do occasionally wish I could know for sure what "would have happened." But typically we can use scientific knowledge to figure that out, heh.Psychometry -- Another power I'd want as a secondary option if I could have a Suva-full. But not a main mask.Intangibility -- Another with too much risk in the real world. Occasionally could save your life, but I still think Telekin/grav would suffice in most situations.Possibilities -- I think I'd prefer something I could reliably control. Not big on gambling.Mutation -- Nooooo, let this never exist in the real world. :PScavenging -- Not sure how it would even translate to real world, and I can imagine a horrible scenario if a serial killer got their hands on it.Adaptation -- Anything that alters my own body I would, realistically, shun. What if something goes wrong with it? And in most situations we have other options with today's technology.Aging -- Immoral, no.Biomechanics -- That could be so awesome. It really is hard to choose this over Telekin/Grav, though. In many cases those could suffice (type on the keyboard at a distance with Telekin, etc.). It would be really nice in the case of car trouble as I have very little knowledge about them, but generally no.Conjuring -- If I could live in Bionicle and have access to a library of proven spells, yes. In the real world, with just the mask, no way Hosea. Especially since it requires Matoran language and we only know a tiny fraction of it.Fusion -- no.Healing -- Despite what I said about altering my body, I would hate to blithely throw away this option, and then find out I have cancer or something. (I know it supposedly can't heal the self, but that's easily fixed by giving it to someone I trust temporarily -- and then what if a loved one gets cancer/etc.?) I still think I'd prefer Telekin/Grav, but it would be extremely difficult to say no to this. Even with the basic understanding limitation.Incomprehension -- Immoral, no, unless I happened to be faced with a group of enemies. But it lacks a positive productive use in most situations.Rebounding -- Well, we have both dogs and cats that sometimes play fetch but most of the time just chase the toy and then chew on it there. :P But I don't think it works once the object has come to rest; this is designed for throwing a disk at enemies or the like repeatedly.Sensory Aptitude -- I would love to have this power. The vision enhancement does not look through things unlike Vision, so I'd have to choose between that feature and an all-around sensory boost. I suspect I'd prefer all-around. What looking through walls can tell you, you can probably normally learn with better hearing, smell, maybe vibration sensing if that counts. Even an improved sense of balance would be nice. So I'd say this one kicks Akaku off my list and remains as one of my top candidates.Undeath -- The only major missions I have in life that I would want to continue is leading people to... you know who... and writing my (non-Bionicle) stories. I doubt an animated dead body would really be helpful in either case. So no. (Of course, it would fit my username really well lol.)That leaves me with:Speed, Telekinesis, Gravity, Truth, Healing, Sensory AptitudeIf Gravity is really an option, despite the risk of enemies getting it, I think I'd go with that. If I REALLY had it I would take serious steps to avoid enemies getting it. On the other hand, BS01 claims (dunno if this is canon) that it isn't the full elemental power of Gravity; rather it is just increasing or decreasing weight, and can't even be used on the wearer. So it would actually end up being much more limited than Telekinesis, if this is the case. I would prefer to have the real elemental power over gravity, inherent in my body not something an enemy can steal, and giving me all the gravity powers Toa, Kal, etc. have.I have to rule out Truth, because if I really needed to know someone was lying, we do have lie detector machines, and there are facial cues and many other things I'm getting better at reading. I don't think it would function in the typical situations I want it to (like understanding current mysteries of science), so no.Speed is tempting, but its uses are too limited. Occasionally it would be VERY useful, but in most other situations I'd be stuck with mere human limitations.That leaves Telekinesis, Healing, and Sensory Aptitude.I think in general if I really needed to sense something, Telekinesis could help in various ways to do that. Carry a backpack with things like magnifying glasses or whatnot in them and telekinetically pull them out as needed. Could help with balance. If I really had a power like that I could probably earn money much faster to buy other options too, like parabolic microphones or the like. And Sensory Aptitude wouldn't give you the physical ability to do anything you couldn't already do; it's purely a knowledge granting power.So it comes down to Telekinesis or Healing.A very tough choice. If this fictional scenario was real, I think I would agonize over this and probably end up reluctantly choosing Healing.Since it isn't, I'll just go with Telekinesis and hope modern medicine will improve a lot fast. :P Also, I must wonder if I had the power of Healing if I would basically be forced to abandon my life and become some kind of emergency doctor superhero. Telekinesis is more laid-back, giving some good options but not being powerful enough to force you into a "with great power comes great responsibility" scenario. And that backpack scenario could include a first aid kit for most situations, etc. It's much more fun to imagine I would be able to move things with my mind. :P

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

My top choices would probably be telekinesis (because I'm lazy), telepathy (I have trouble interacting with people; telepathy would make this SO much easier), teleportation (again pertaining to laziness), disruption (what do you do when somebody ridiculously stronger than you is fighting you?), stealth (just because it's cool), and healing (to heal myself, DUH)

The Felnas, because then I can screw up the masks of each and all of you. :PWould've said Conjuring, because I could then I could make up any power I want to suit my needs.. but its limits and danger seem to outweigh its benefits. I'd say Telekinesis, but about half the replies took it already. Mohtrek... face a problem and just get a bunch of myselves to help out with it. Biomechanics would be another choice.... /me spends 1,512 years pondering which mask should he choose

Edited by arezey

If we assume that 1) harmful radiation does not exist in interdimensional space like bonesiii suggested and 2) this dimension is not the only accessible/safe/"real" one out there and there are a whole lot of different ones, then I would go with the Olmak without a second thought. If you get a little bit creative with its usage, then it's just as powerful as a Legendary mask in many ways. For example, if you had an Olmak but wanted a reliable way to defend against criminals, then you could just open a portal to a dimension where personal forcefields are common and don't require currency to obtain, get one, return to Earth, and use it there. It would be possible to do the exact same thing with almost any item you desired if you had great enough control over exactly where the Olmak's portals lead, effectively giving you all of the masks/weapons/useful tools you'd ever need.Assuming that such control over the Olmak is impossible, though, I'd go with the Mahiki. None of the other non-legendary-or-Olmak masks sound like they would have many practical applications in my life (with the exception of the Komau, but that just seems evil to me). The reason I'd choose a Mahiki if I couldn't have an Olmak is simply because it would keep me endlessly entertained. Shapeshifting, extremely lifelike illusions, and general control over what people (including myself) see and hear just seem like they would never get old.

Edited by 742mph

R8aOQ.jpg

That's a tough question, mainly because many of the masks that are quite cool in theory would actually have seriously negative conqesequences. Mind control, for example, is probably one of the worst powers any human could have, as it would almost certainly lead to enormous, character-altering abuse. Same with the Olmak, except even worse: how could you ever learn self control when you had the power to send them to a universe of instant, horrifying death at will? Telepathy would be several times as horrifying as it was to Kongu, and Truth would probably make it impossible to ever trust anyone again. So, I think I'll go with Water Breathing. Its a nice simple power, and besides, I'd love to not be the only person I know that is afraid of going under the water.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I didn't even realize this topic was still going. Man oh man Bones, you seriously listed off every single mask and why you would want a specific one. :P However, I would totally agree with you that telekinesis would be my first choice. (I was joking about the Shelek, just to give a nice start to the topic without being biased). Oops :P