• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

RPG Forum Contest 25 Winners

RPG Contest RPGC25

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Online Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 12,341 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 10:38 AM

I think that was the closest contest we've had in a long while. Congratulations go out to the winners of the Twenty-Fifth RPG Forum Contest:Thank you everyone for entering, reviewing, voting, and otherwise supporting this contest. We'll be back in two months with the next one!As usual, winners from the last contest have until next weekend or so to wrap things up.

Edited by Black Six, Oct 05 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#2 Online CHRIS PRATT

CHRIS PRATT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Storyteller

• 22-December 08
  • 4,748 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 10:39 AM

Congrats to the winners! Sad that Dark and the Dead didn't make the tiebreaker, but at least I've got Violet Orange!Time to begin re-imagining my character!-ibrow

b3_chapter_1.jpg

#3 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 10:42 AM

Time to make some character profiles then. Hm. Let's draw some inspiration from the Sith, add in some Xanatos and mix for five minutes...
"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#4 Offline Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 11,954 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 10:42 AM

Really wish The Dark and the Dead had made the tiebreaker...I didn't really feel any of the winners, so I probably won't be joining into them. But congrats, anyway! :)-Teezy

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#5 Offline DuctorCoch

DuctorCoch
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 22-July 12
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 11:15 AM

To be honest I would have prefered The Dark and The Dead too. It was really very interesting... But still, congrats to the winners. I'm just gonna go make a few more chars for Hunted.

Current character count:

VOTE 4: KaL - 5

Hunted - 2

TLMtD - 1

I ain't afraid of no ghost.

#6 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 18-April 07
  • 12,551 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 12:39 PM

I feel like dancing.Instead, I made the topics for my RPG.Have fun folks.

#7 Offline Kal the Guardian

Kal the Guardian
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 01-August 03
  • 2,311 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 12:56 PM

Congrats to all!Either way the tie went, I'm still in a bind. Normally I would just RP in my own RPG or one of my choosing, but all of these are so good that I might end up joining them all and stretching myself too far. But this is a good problem, and one I shall tackle as best I can.

-----------------------------

Under Reconstruction

#8 Offline Zakaro

Zakaro
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 14-January 12
  • 1,311 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 01:49 PM

Congrats to all the winners!I'll probably end up playing all of them, so I'll be busy. Woohoo!Zakaro

journeybannerv2.jpg

The Journey has reached the first destination, the City of Flames...   ^_^

-Lego RPG Forum-

Just call me Zakaro, no matter what's up there.

#9 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 08-September 07
  • 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 02:00 PM

Yes!Hunted!<3Only RPG I'm playing this time around.

#10 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 28-March 08
  • 6,909 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 02:02 PM

I did not expect to win the tiebreaker. I do, however, still want to know what the hat was. :|Congratulations to the other winners, and to TPTI, as I had voted for Dark and the Dead in the finals and had looked forward to seeing how long I could beat out everyone else survive. I hope you decided to reenter that next contest.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#11 Offline Tyler is Love

Tyler is Love
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 13-July 04
  • 4,145 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 02:21 PM

I was only planning on playing tDatD, so I guess I'll just have to wait and hope it's re-entered. Congratulations to all the winners!

tylersigcopy_zps78c0e544.jpg

#12 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 18-February 06
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 03:17 PM

I think this is the second time I've been in and then lost a tie-breaker :PNo hard feeling though, congrats to you all. No really, I'm not bothered. This in my hands? Just a harmless vegetable knife, I'm peeling potatoes, honest

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#13 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 17-September 05
  • 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 03:19 PM

Incidentally Adder, do you know there was a swamp near here? A swamp where a large and organic object might decay quickly in?The more you know eh? :P
"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#14 Online Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 12,341 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 07:08 AM

Toa Levacius Zehvor has retracted his entry, so Lords of Adders Black with be taking his spot as our third place winner.

#15 Offline Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,582 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 07:57 AM

Wait, what?

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#16 Offline Kal the Guardian

Kal the Guardian
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

• 01-August 03
  • 2,311 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 10:20 AM

Well this is unexpected.

Under Reconstruction

#17 Online Colonel Roy Mustang

Colonel Roy Mustang
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 19-November 07
  • 1,050 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 01:42 PM

Well dang, I was just about to join.

- :burnmad:

#18 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,280 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 01:43 PM

Huh. Didn't see that one coming.

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#19 Online The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Strange But Not A Stranger

• 05-April 12
  • 2,247 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 02:08 PM

Oh yay, the only RPG that I had joined was retracted. I wonder why, though.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#20 Online CHRIS PRATT

CHRIS PRATT
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 22-December 08
  • 4,748 posts

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 02:12 PM

Oh darn, now I'm gonna be in all three RPGs... life = gone.Well, sorry to Levacius for the circumstances that caused this, congrats to Lord of Adders Black!-ibrow

b3_chapter_1.jpg

#21 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 23-July 08
  • 3,073 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 02:36 PM

Toa Levacius Zehvor has retracted his entry, so Lords of Adders Black with be taking his spot as our third place winner.

Hooray *dances a jig*

imx_327053664.png

76561198040925391.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#22 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Defeated

• 03-October 10
  • 3,376 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'm blown away by this. The RPG seemed to be starting out so well too.Oh well, surely Levacius would have had his reasons.

#23 Offline TX Wade

TX Wade
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 21-October 11
  • 4,162 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 03:54 PM

Darn, I was enjoying that RPG...oh well.

#24 Offline Cosmic Titan

Cosmic Titan
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 08-January 10
  • 2,100 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 04:39 PM

Congrats to all the winners!Thanks to everyone who read my RPG and a even bigger thanks to all those who voted for Otherworld.

#25 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

• 30-January 11
  • 3,264 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 05:18 PM

Lev has retracted his RPG?This is... unexpected.

#26 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members

• 28-March 08
  • 6,909 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 06:27 PM

This post was for this morning, but BZP was being like a turtle. So, from my clipboard -

Yeah. I've been mulling it over, and I don't really have enough time real world to keep up with the RPG the way I intended. Not to mention the fact that a few more additions to my day have been coming up. I could probably run something like Waves of the South, because it was designed to be more in the hands of the players. But not this one. At least, if I wanted to stay true to its purpose.So, yeah. If The Dark and the Dead is nearly as enjoyable as IoP, then I have no doubt this contest is definitely going to have three great RPGs.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#27 Offline Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,582 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 06:31 PM

Oh. Time constraints. That's why.

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#28 Online CHRIS PRATT

CHRIS PRATT
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 22-December 08
  • 4,748 posts

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 06:41 PM

I figured time constraints of some kind, but I hope you don't finish off Waves of the South and then discover you have the time you needed. >.>-ibrow

b3_chapter_1.jpg

#29 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members

• 28-March 08
  • 6,909 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 06:47 PM

I figured time constraints of some kind, but I hope you don't finish off Waves of the South and then discover you have the time you needed. >.>

Oh, Waves is still a long way from completion. LMTD was designed to be snapped through quickly, with a lot more action and excitement. The finale, for reference, was going to be the Beast attacking Sumonu-Metru itself and getting defeated by the players in an epic, week long fight. But Waves wasn't designed for epic struggles between good and evil, it was.... well...Heh. You guys never really did find out the story, did you?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#30 Offline Tyler is Love

Tyler is Love
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 13-July 04
  • 4,145 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 07:32 PM

I was really looking forward to the whole Morality Meter function in particular, so I'm sad to see LMTD go. But I hope you'll run it again some other time (only now you'll have to change the finale :P).

tylersigcopy_zps78c0e544.jpg

#31 Offline The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Defeated

• 03-October 10
  • 3,376 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 07:37 PM

Why on earth would you change something like that? It would have been a battle to remember, that's for sure. So what if people know the ending? It's still awesome.The morality meter was an interesting device as well, even though nobody ever got to advance either way. If LMtD was entered again next contest, it would (probably) still have my vote.

#32 Offline Toa Levacius Zehvor

Toa Levacius Zehvor
  • Members

• 28-March 08
  • 6,909 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 05 2012 - 07:57 PM

The problem with the morality meter is that it couldn't really work properly in LMTD, because it was a one season wonder. The system was designed to be implemented with a huge setting where players would be fighting an 800 foot long dragon on a weekly basis. Such an RPG would also be designed for multiple seasons, not just one.Now, Waves on the other hand is a trilogy. It's ending won't be a climatic battle of an army of players against a singular entity of evil. It'll be a much better. Of course, it all boils down to what players do.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

#33 Offline DuctorCoch

DuctorCoch
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 22-July 12
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 06 2012 - 12:41 PM

Karz, now I'm thinking about joining Waves...

I ain't afraid of no ghost.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users