RPG Forum Contest 25 Winners

Black Six

I think that was the closest contest we've had in a long while. Congratulations go out to the winners of the Twenty-Fifth RPG Forum Contest:

1. Violet Orange Trouble Evolved 4: Kings and Lunatics - Kal the Guardian
  2. Hunted - Kal Grochi
  3. The Light Meets the Dark - Toa Levacius Zehvor (Withdrawn)
  4. The Dark and the Dead - Lord of Adders Black

Thank you everyone for entering, reviewing, voting, and otherwise supporting this contest. We'll be back in two months with the next one!As usual, winners from the last contest have until next weekend or so to wrap things up.

Edited by Black Six

Time to make some character profiles then. Hm. Let's draw some inspiration from the Sith, add in some Xanatos and mix for five minutes...

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Really wish The Dark and the Dead had made the tiebreaker...I didn't really feel any of the winners, so I probably won't be joining into them. But congrats, anyway! :)-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Congrats to all!Either way the tie went, I'm still in a bind. Normally I would just RP in my own RPG or one of my choosing, but all of these are so good that I might end up joining them all and stretching myself too far. But this is a good problem, and one I shall tackle as best I can.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

I did not expect to win the tiebreaker. I do, however, still want to know what the hat was. :|Congratulations to the other winners, and to TPTI, as I had voted for Dark and the Dead in the finals and had looked forward to seeing how long I could beat out everyone else survive. I hope you decided to reenter that next contest.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Incidentally Adder, do you know there was a swamp near here? A swamp where a large and organic object might decay quickly in?The more you know eh? :P

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Toa Levacius Zehvor has retracted his entry, so Lords of Adders Black with be taking his spot as our third place winner.
Hooray *dances a jig*

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

This post was for this morning, but BZP was being like a turtle. So, from my clipboard -

Yeah. I've been mulling it over, and I don't really have enough time real world to keep up with the RPG the way I intended. Not to mention the fact that a few more additions to my day have been coming up. I could probably run something like Waves of the South, because it was designed to be more in the hands of the players. But not this one. At least, if I wanted to stay true to its purpose.So, yeah. If The Dark and the Dead is nearly as enjoyable as IoP, then I have no doubt this contest is definitely going to have three great RPGs.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I figured time constraints of some kind, but I hope you don't finish off Waves of the South and then discover you have the time you needed. >.>
Oh, Waves is still a long way from completion. LMTD was designed to be snapped through quickly, with a lot more action and excitement. The finale, for reference, was going to be the Beast attacking Sumonu-Metru itself and getting defeated by the players in an epic, week long fight. But Waves wasn't designed for epic struggles between good and evil, it was.... well...Heh. You guys never really did find out the story, did you?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Why on earth would you change something like that? It would have been a battle to remember, that's for sure. So what if people know the ending? It's still awesome.The morality meter was an interesting device as well, even though nobody ever got to advance either way. If LMtD was entered again next contest, it would (probably) still have my vote.

ppg2.png

The problem with the morality meter is that it couldn't really work properly in LMTD, because it was a one season wonder. The system was designed to be implemented with a huge setting where players would be fighting an 800 foot long dragon on a weekly basis. Such an RPG would also be designed for multiple seasons, not just one.Now, Waves on the other hand is a trilogy. It's ending won't be a climatic battle of an army of players against a singular entity of evil. It'll be a much better. Of course, it all boils down to what players do.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: