• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Sets Moving On Their Own

paranormal lego hero factory

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#1 Offline T3CHn0-LAz0oRZ

T3CHn0-LAz0oRZ
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 47 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 07:00 AM

have you ever had strange experiences with bionicles, hero factory, Lego Bricks, etc. moving on their own?well, once i was posing stormer 3.0 hanging on a branch outside, and i turn around to get the camera, stormer falls, and lands on his feet 0_Oanyway, share stories related to the topic here!
so...this is...my sig...
i'll put some stuff here soon...
don't really know why i'm typing this...
i'm so pathetic...
it's bulk 3.0 time!
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ehthak/HFChibis/bulk3.0.swf
props to Xidash for the sig, got it from the epig sigpet shop!

#2 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,195 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 03:28 PM

One of my MOCs mysteriously crawled underneath a piece of furniture. I call it paranormal bricktivity.

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#3 Offline DOTM Shockwave

DOTM Shockwave
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 594 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 04:03 PM

Back in 2006, I woke up one morning and found my Kongu Inika laying on the floor in a flying pose, the weird thing was, he was on a shelf, surrounded by other figures the night before. EDIT: added more text

Edited by DOTM Shockwave, Oct 16 2011 - 08:25 PM.

Formerly known as ROTF Devastator
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Online Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,136 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 04:44 PM

A few of my parts have just ... disappeared. I build with them one day, and the next ... I can't find them. I think they rolled away and got eaten by a cat.

Edited by Sumiki, Oct 16 2011 - 04:45 PM.

farmanimalbanner.png

#5 Offline Plague

Plague
  • Members
  • Toa

• 127 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 05:14 PM

A bunch of my Kanohi disappeared. Other than that, no.

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/67904 < My Mocpages! :biggrin:

My first (and currently ONLY) MOC on BZP! > http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5426

PLAGUE

Posted Image

Avatar pic taken [and edited] by me. DON"T STEAL IT! :P

#6 Offline Daiker

Daiker
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,752 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 05:57 PM

Sometimes, on Friday the 13th, when the planets are aligned, and theres a blue moon, all of my 2006 sets start gathering in small groups and square dance. Other than that little happening, not many significant things have happened :\

iNiCw5U.jpg

#7 Offline Heir of the Chronicler

Heir of the Chronicler
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,715 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 07:19 PM

Yes... there was a Jaller Calix I was customizing, and I was going from my computer to my workbench in the other room... straight shot, right? Didn't go anywhere else. Didn't do nothin' else. That was, oh, four years ago? It vanished. Haven't found it since. Have completely cleaned the one room twice and remodeled the other room. Never saw it again. No idea how that happened, just glad it wasn't a customer mask. - Heir

vffsigbanner5.png

#8 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,512 posts

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 07:55 PM

Sometimes, when I hold a set in my hand and let go of it, it moves downward on its own! It's the most confusing phenomenon! :o~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#9 Offline ---Kopaka Nuva---

---Kopaka Nuva---
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,146 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 08:31 PM

My sets hardly do anything interesting, they just stand still like statues.

#10 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,956 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 09:31 PM

I was posing my Gresh for some action photos, and he fell minutes after I posed him and he didn't fall.

webmaster.png

#11 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,241 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 10:06 PM

My sets move all the time! Then again, I'm usually holding them when it happens :P

20121021-frhgn7u158ujtpjk4wbhgp1ck.jpg

what

#12 Offline Kojol

Kojol
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,612 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 09:38 AM

Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They're fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck. No, I haven't. I once had a Rhotuka vanish into thin air, though. Same thing happened with Bulk's wrist blade, actually.I blame the cracks in reality. Blasted Silence.

#13 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hm.. nothing that I can think of.

#14 Offline SolarSurge

SolarSurge
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,002 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 11:00 AM

Oh mine move all the time, I don't dare disturb their work. Sometimes they talk to me, tell me to do horrible things to innocent people, I don't dare disobey. jk but seriously, nothing like that happens to me much. If it does though I can usually find a rational explanation for it.

I can guarantee that any seemingly random configuration of letters that you came up with to create the name of your OC has already been used for something far more embarrassing. 

#15 Offline Eeko

Eeko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,288 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 11:29 AM

Nope. I take great care to keep gremlins out of my room, so my sets have always stayed put. :P

jlovfkk.jpg

#16 Offline Willy Brandt

Willy Brandt
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,771 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 11:37 AM

Oh yes. One of them levitated into the air and said to me in a paranormally paranormal voice, "Dovydas, I know what you did last Sunday."-Dovydas

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

"All I know is I'll be playing it because it's awesome. And that's about all that really matters." - Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Without a doubt, worth every post.

So like three if you're me." - The Doc

"Despite nobody mentioning me specifically at all in their speechy thingy even though I'm a good friend of all three staff members (or so I thought </3), GoMN is still an objectively good game and should be voted for. Alongside Spirits of the Ice, because, well, y'know. #shamless plug" -Kal Grochi

#17 Offline Makuta Matata

Makuta Matata
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,364 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 01:26 PM

One time, I was sitting at the bottom of a shelf, and Hewkii Inika jumped on my head.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#18 Offline ~ShadowBolt~

~ShadowBolt~
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,008 posts

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 02:06 PM

Nothing out of the ordinary. Just random sets falling over in the night/while I'm gone.

Posted Image
Thanks to Argetlam for the Banner

#19 Offline Poutwuw Toa of Diversity

Poutwuw Toa of Diversity
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 426 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 03:53 PM

First of all, correction: Bionicle is a noun refering to a story, life cycle, and branch of the LEGO group, there is no "s". And as for my experiences, I once saw my Takadox (in April, 2007) turn his glowing head to look at me at night. And my MOCs seem to change direction slightly overnight. How do I know? Stop motion. I left the MOCs and camera in the same spot, and when I turned it on in the morning, I found that they had moved and slightly (but noticably) shifted the angles of their limbs. One of them even had it's mask off...
Posted Image
Thanks to Valenti for the pic! ^
"You know she's not a tree, right?"
"She's NOT a tree, Dashie!"
"I'd like to be a tree."

#20 Offline You just lost the game

You just lost the game
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,339 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 04:01 PM

I was posing my Zaktan, a couple Inika, and a couple other BIONICLE, and then I left my room for a couple of minutes. No one else was near my room. I came back ten minutes later to find my Jaller's arm hanging from Zaktan's blade. I asked my sister if she touched them, but she was never up there. She was with my Mom the whole time, so she couldn't have possibly touched them.

ron_burgundy.jpg?w=500                

#21 Offline Aedai Rivin

Aedai Rivin
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,862 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 04:21 PM

As far as I know, no paranormal activity has happened to my beloved sets. Rivin
Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#22 Online Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,617 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 05:13 PM

Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They're fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink.Good luck. No, I haven't. I once had a Rhotuka vanish into thin air, though. Same thing happened with Bulk's wrist blade, actually.I blame the cracks in reality.Blasted Silence.

First off, lol. Second, not really. Sometimes my sets fall etc. but other than that....

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#23 Offline Big Macintosh

Big Macintosh
  • Members
  • Toa

• 112 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 07:04 AM

I once put a couple of sets on a shelf, before a trip to Japan. When I came back, both sets had moved up a shelf. The cool thing is, that the sets were the Jetrax and Axalara.

#24 Offline Toa Doublebee

Toa Doublebee
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 476 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 08:37 AM

I wrote in the Old Forums that about 9-10 Years ago,I had a Toa Metru (The Toa of Stone,Forgot his name),One day,My mom found him under a Car,Out side of our building,All damaged and Melted and Scrached. I have most of the parts of him today. But the Wierd thing is,There is like no way he fell from the Window,Becaus he would have fallen into the Graden the People in the Lower Floors have,But he fell in the Parking lot sone.

Edited by Toa Doublebee, Oct 18 2011 - 08:44 AM.

#25 Online Twelfth Ghosthands

Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 3,800 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 08:46 AM

Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They're fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink.Good luck. No, I haven't. I once had a Rhotuka vanish into thin air, though. Same thing happened with Bulk's wrist blade, actually.I blame the cracks in reality.Blasted Silence.

Yeah, all my Makuta congregate in the corner of my room with their hands over their masks :P Well, Lohkar, one of my MOCs, falls off my desk about twice a day, but that's about it.

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#26 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Drifter

• 13,097 posts

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 09:20 AM

Only thing I can recall right now is the occasional set inexplicably falling over during the night. Nothing too strange. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#27 Offline GeluNumber1

GeluNumber1
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 914 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 12:18 PM

Aside from losing pieces because I usually misplace them, no.
Posted Image
Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

#28 Offline Leto

Leto
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 39 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 18 2011 - 06:14 PM

Most of my bionicle sets are displayed on a shelf above my desk, and I've often had a certain white vahki fall on my head while I'm working. I blame poltergeists.

#29 Offline Studs Not On Top

Studs Not On Top
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,170 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 04:27 PM

I remember this topic. :D Nothing paranormal yet, but I'm keeping a close eye on them....
Formerly "Zedra 2.0".

Posted Image

Credit to Fantasia for the cool banner!

#30 Offline Tom Mc. Israel

Tom Mc. Israel
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,063 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 04:42 PM

Well this isn't really 'paranormal,' per say, but one time I did throw a Rahkshi staff piece just randomly and it hit a plant, which proceeded to squirt sap into my eye (it wasn't far from my face). Unfortunately it wasn't Lehrahk's, otherwise that would've been awesome.

Posted Image

I'd like to be a tree...

#31 Offline BioGio

BioGio
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,207 posts

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 05:22 PM

Well, bodies at rest typically stay at rest (unless acted upon by an external force, obviously), so beyond the movement from, say, gravity or people, I've got to say no. Now, my sets occasionally scream at me due to a curse I placed on them--but there's no movement involved. ~ BioGio

dig

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

#32 Offline Poutwuw Toa of Diversity

Poutwuw Toa of Diversity
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 426 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 06:31 PM

addition: this morning i woke up and found a black vahki arm under my pillow... 6 feet away from all of my parts.EDIT: Today it returned, but was Metru Red...

Edited by poutwuw, Oct 21 2011 - 07:54 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks to Valenti for the pic! ^
"You know she's not a tree, right?"
"She's NOT a tree, Dashie!"
"I'd like to be a tree."

#33 Offline DirtyDan5000

DirtyDan5000
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,425 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 08:20 PM

Not related but 1 morning I woke up and seconds later Reidak fell off my shelf. Kind of strange. Semi related-When I was trying to go to sleep one of my Transformers Dirge fell off my shelf and hit the ground.

#34 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,619 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 20 2011 - 10:27 PM

My sets have rarely moved.Bionicle sets? Nuparu McToran and his Boxer sometimes shift position slightly.Lego set? My first R2-D2 minifig vanished in the living room before it was remodeled. Even after it was remodeled, I still couldn't find him.

"I need your advice- I feel really jealous that she got to turn into a Toa and not me... and then that guy comes in and woos her! What should I do to overcome my jealousy?

BZPRPG- 2013

2fcc27d298a1b54f5b34c45f0abc12bc.png

pls.

#35 Offline Darth Jaller

Darth Jaller
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,811 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 23 2011 - 02:11 PM

well, once i was posing stormer 3.0 hanging on a branch outside, and i turn around to get the camera, stormer falls, and lands on his feet 0_O

I had roughly the same thing happen with Onewa Hordika a few years back. Left him standing on a table, and just as I came back into the room, he fell off, landed on his feet - and even seemed to bend his knees to cushion his fall. I know it was just gravity acting on him as he landed, but it still looked like such a natural movement that it caught me by surprise at the time.

#36 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,195 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 23 2011 - 06:49 PM

This happened when I was a new member. My original Makuta Dralcax MOC (not a self MOC, my username at the time was krakua91 and I changed my name to my MOC name much later), and a Visorak I had rebuilt with different colors and a GITD spinner, were both posed on the top shelf of a bookcase at the head of my bed. I woke up with the Visorak jammed between the bed and the wall, the Rhotuka on my pillow, and Dralcax in a slightly different pose. I know the Visorak had simply fallen off and knocked Dralcax's leg, but it looked like they had gotten into a fight overnight.

#37 Guest_DarkShadow_*

Guest_DarkShadow_*
  • Guests

Posted Oct 28 2011 - 10:24 PM

Recently I was making a stop motion that used Gresh stars, and he wouldn't stand. I got really mad at one point and said(almost a shout): "My god, can't you just stop being difficult for 5 minutes!?" Then in his current position he stood up, and didn't fall over again for about 5-6 minutes. O_O

#38 Offline Touko Fukawa

Touko Fukawa
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 221 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 30 2011 - 11:41 AM

I posed Hahli Mahri and Takadox on a shelf once. I left my room and when I ret-urned, they were on the floor, Hahli with her claw in the air and Takadox flat on his face. Not anything para-normal though, just the wind and weak lime green joints.

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat  (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

#39 Offline Element Lord of Milk

Element Lord of Milk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,911 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 30 2011 - 04:01 PM

Wormholes, wormholes everywhere. Anyway, Once, a while back(i think in 04 or 05)me and my friend were playing with my sets outside, and we could've sworn they were moving whenever we weren't looking at them, creepy stuff man. and more recently, maybe a year ago, i was on the computer downstairs with a MOC beside me, and it suddenly fell off the desk, this has happened sometimes when i hit the desk with my leg, but this time i didn't, and i don't think my dog could have hit it, cause the desk was completely still. ~ELM~
titanfall.jpg

#40 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,195 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 30 2011 - 04:16 PM

I swear I see faces in the constellations formed by the GITD parts in my collection in my room.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users