• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

X-Men: Discussion Topic

X-Men Marvel Superheroes

• Please log in to reply
1784 replies to this topic

#201 Offline Zyke the Space Biker

Zyke the Space Biker
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 12:40 AM

OOC: Alright.First of all, Shaw, being the master planner he is, would be sure to keep track of his most important subordinates at all times. Therefore, the second he returned to the Hellfire mansion and noticed that Novocain was missing, he would have immediately started asking where he went, and that would inevitably lead him to Ben (and all of this could easily have happened since I last made a post as him). That's how he would know that Novocain was in Vegas.Now, regarding the teleporting mutants: Shaw (again, being the master planner that he is) would keep around more than one teleporting mutant in case one of them died or betrayed the Club. Then, after using said mutant to bring himself to Vegas, it would only be a matter of finding Novocain, which would be easy since (besides Alec, who is probably too far away from Shaw to really be noticed) he's the only one who's half robot.Is that sufficient?

Edited by The Zytrix, Feb 07 2013 - 12:42 AM.

brokenmr.jpg

#202 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 489 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 12:42 AM

Actually Nevermind, there is a way for Novocain to survive logically.

brokenmr.jpg

John/Feral | Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf

#203 Online Princess Anna of Arendelle

Princess Anna of Arendelle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,515 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 12:45 AM

In response to Snelly.About the laser, Mkay well I didn't really know that buuuut.You sort of put him in a situation he can't have survived in by raising him high up into the air without my consent, Novocain could of blasted him or shot lighting at him before he was too high in the air so I think this is fair.

[color=#006400;]I didn't raise him in the air without your consent, you could have easily had Novocain avoid it or attacked Nathan in a way that would have prevented him from being lifted off the ground in the first place, but you didn't. That's not my problem. [/color]

[color=#006400;]And that's not an excuse to ignore logic, sorry. If you find your character in a situation where he cannot survive no matter what he does well, then he dies. It's as simple as that. I didn't do anything without your permission I simply had Nathan use his powers and you didn't do anything about it till Novocain was already high in the air. That's your consent right there buddy. [/color]

OOC: Alright.First of all, Shaw, being the master planner he is, would be sure to keep track of his most important subordinates at all times. Therefore, the second he returned to the Hellfire mansion and noticed that Novocain was missing, he would have immediately started asking where he went, and that would inevitably lead him to Ben (and all of this could easily have happened since I last made a post as him). That's how he would know that Novocain was in Vegas.Now, regarding the teleporting mutants: Shaw (again, being the master planner that he is) would keep around more than one teleporting mutant in case one of them died or betrayed the Club.Then, after using said mutant to bring himself to Vegas, it would only be a matter of finding Novocain, which would be easy since (besides Alec, who is probably too far away from Shaw to really be noticed) he's the only one who's half robot.Is that sufficient?

Yeah, I can accept that, you should have had that explained IC though, would have made it clearer to begin with. 

Edited by Snelly, Feb 07 2013 - 12:43 AM.

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Rekirar | Taleen | Novan | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka |

d8jd4ms7xgv9wdefg.jpg?size_id=5

#204 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 489 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 12:56 AM

Actually I recall you saying him being lifted higher and higher into the air, so I just went with it. It's whatever though.

brokenmr.jpg

John/Feral | Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf

#205 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

.:The Abysswalker:.
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 74 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 01:04 AM

It would seem this would bring forth the question of how words should be utilized in a fight/interaction context as far as saying you did something, versus saying you attempted to do something. Basically, verbally leaving the idea that there is an escape or alternative option that can be used without disturbing the verbal flow.

artoriassig.jpg

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

#206 Online Princess Anna of Arendelle

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,515 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 01:10 AM

It would seem this would bring forth the question of how words should be utilized in a fight/interaction context as far as saying you did something, versus saying you attempted to do something. Basically, verbally leaving the idea that there is an escape or alternative option that can be used without disturbing the verbal flow.

Well, it's easy enough to just always assume that you can escape from something, cause even if someone writes it as if they actually hit you or punched you in the face, you can still write otherwise, nothing stopping you. 

Edited by Snelly, Feb 07 2013 - 01:10 AM.

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Rekirar | Taleen | Novan | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka |

#207 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 489 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 01:29 AM

I'll keep that in mind.

brokenmr.jpg

#208 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

• Members
  • Turaga

• 74 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 01:32 AM

No, there's nothing literally stopping you, but I was referring more to the feeling of not wanting to overly go against what's being written out as far as responding. What I'm trying to say is something in the vein of when something's been posted, it feels weird to respond in a way that totally negates what the person posted when it's posted as a definite. At least for me. That's no to say I just want to roll over and let the other player dictate the pace of the interaction, but I also don't want to simply brush of what they wrote. I would want my response to fall in line fluidly, as if I was reading a single direction story as opposed to a story with conflicting points of vies from conflicting narrators.

artoriassig.jpg

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

#209 Offline More Fierce Than Fire

More Fierce Than Fire
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,647 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 04:18 PM

Okay, tried PMing this to Tyler, but he hasn't answered, so I think I stand a better chance of getting a response here:

Do the Morlocks still exist? And if I wanted a few Morlock NPCs how much leeway would I have in using canon characters?What is the status of the prison known as the Big House? And since I can't find anywhere that says for definite where it's placed, would I be able to make that up myself?

Edited by Lord of Adders Black, Feb 07 2013 - 04:18 PM.

The bells were ringing in the dale

And men looked up with faces pale

smaug.jpg

The dragon's ire more fierce than fire

Laid low their towers and houses frail

#210 Online Au'Rehn Rising

Au'Rehn Rising
  • Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,924 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 04:20 PM

Morlocks are more-or-less in the shape that they're after after their Massacre by Mr. Sinisters Marauders. I think anyway...

I don't know the status of the Big House. However, Molotov is working with various SHIELD agents on a new version of The Cube.  

'cept it now holds mutants...

#211 Online LONG LIVE TYLER

LONG LIVE TYLER
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 10,961 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 04:40 PM

Okay, tried PMing this to Tyler, but he hasn't answered, so I think I stand a better chance of getting a response here:

Do the Morlocks still exist? And if I wanted a few Morlock NPCs how much leeway would I have in using canon characters?What is the status of the prison known as the Big House? And since I can't find anywhere that says for definite where it's placed, would I be able to make that up myself?

I was actually replying to this, crazily enough, but I can answer here anyway - and with a bit more certainty than AuRon.

They are, indeed, still in the shape they were in after the Massacre: if you want to use a canon character or two sparingly, I'll give you permission to do so in good faith as someone who's RP'd with you for a while, but just remember that they're still canon characters and they're still ultimately open for staff use at any time.

As for the Big House, that's a bit more of a tabula rasa, if you want to do something with it. Just PM me whatever you have in mind for it when you have your plan fleshed out and I can approve it.

-Tyler

late nights and all night drives are reminders why i'm alive

NPC:

"...And that's why you always leave a note."

-Tyler

#212 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

• Members
  • Turaga

• 74 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 05:21 PM

On a similar subject (obtaining approval from Tyler), do you think I could get a response considering my application for a mythical character?

artoriassig.jpg

#213 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 10:58 AM

Alright. Uh. I've been busy for the past week.

Doing what? Uh. None of your concern. Suffice it to say, if anyone had been looking, they'd have noticed an exploding freeze ray on the moon.

So.....what did I miss? 

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#214 Online A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,021 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 11:11 AM

Not too much. SHIELD isn't doing anything, X-Men are at Las Vegas fighting terrorists, blah blah blah.

1322709438521.jpg

#215 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 11:15 AM

Not too much. SHIELD isn't doing anything, X-Men are at Las Vegas fighting terrorists, blah blah blah.

Mm. Huh.

Well, I'll get that Sandeigo profile done and get a post up then.

....Unless....hm. Would anyone be interested in joining/creating an international team of thieves? Could be interesting.

Also profitable.

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#216 Offline Commander Viral

Commander Viral
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,514 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 11:31 AM

A team of thieves you say.

Sounds like fun.

"I'll tell you two things: First, any human on the surface will be completely annihilated by our Human Eradication Army. Second, that is my dinner - give it back!"
2lxvyvp.jpg

#217 Online LONG LIVE TYLER

LONG LIVE TYLER
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 10,961 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 12:16 PM

Mm. Huh.

Well, I'll get that Sandeigo profile done and get a post up then.

....Unless....hm. Would anyone be interested in joining/creating an international team of thieves? Could be interesting.

Also profitable.

I've got a guy...

-Tyler

NPC:

-Tyler

#218 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 489 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 12:52 PM

His name is Tyler.

brokenmr.jpg

#219 Online A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,021 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 12:56 PM

Who needs a second approval. So far, only Kray has laid down his approval. Advent stated that Ty's weaknesses are too few.

1322709438521.jpg

#220 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Snagging Prowler

• 11,345 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 01:44 PM

Constructman, we are all well aware of what characters have been approved and what ones haven't. I mean it with the utmost respect when I say,

Leave it to the staff, mmkay?

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

#221 Online Au'Rehn Rising

Au'Rehn Rising
  • Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,924 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 02:21 PM

Er, ignore. Listen to what Kray said.

Edited by Varren Rehn, Feb 10 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#222 Offline .:The Abysswalker:.

• Members
  • Turaga

• 74 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 04:50 PM

Thieves? Indeed, I have a thief. A king of thieves, to be precise.

artoriassig.jpg

#223 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 09:30 PM

Well, that settles that. Carmen Sendiego is coming up.

What should we steal first?

#224 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Snagging Prowler

• 11,345 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 09:37 PM

I vote the moon.

#225 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 09:38 PM

I vote the moon.

No. We'll paint our faces on that. With stolen paint.

.....Also, I'm going to say we should steal the head from the Statue of Liberty.

Then sell it to Iran.

Y'know, for kicks. :P

#226 Online Au'Rehn Rising

Au'Rehn Rising
  • Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,924 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 03:15 PM

Well played Flex. Well played.

#227 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 489 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 05:12 PM

Also it seems that Ashlynn had four powers instead of three: Healing, Telepathy and I guess flight counts so I've removed her telekinesis. Also the Phoenix stuff is just for story it won't be turned on any PC's.

brokenmr.jpg

#228 Online LONG LIVE TYLER

LONG LIVE TYLER
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 10,961 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 05:53 PM

Who needs a second approval. So far, only Kray has laid down his approval. Advent stated that Ty's weaknesses are too few.

Flex approved him, too.

Yeee.

-Tyler

NPC:

-Tyler

#229 Online Au'Rehn Rising

Au'Rehn Rising
  • Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,924 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 05:57 PM

I still don't think he should've been approved. Any one of you would get on my case for making a character without proper weaknesses, and here we are, having a character approved without a proper weakness. Seems hypocritical to me.

#230 Online LONG LIVE TYLER

LONG LIVE TYLER
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 10,961 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 06:06 PM

I still don't think he should've been approved. Any one of you would get on my case for making a character without proper weaknesses, and here we are, having a character approved without a proper weakness. Seems hypocritical to me.

rapture got through quite alright.

-Tyler

NPC:

-Tyler

#231 Online Au'Rehn Rising

Au'Rehn Rising
  • Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,924 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 06:08 PM

A character who had after a brief discussion was added additional weaknesses, and is currently removed from the game.

#232 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Snagging Prowler

• 11,345 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 06:08 PM

....AuRon.For one, that is impolite bordering on rude. Even if you insist on calling out a staff member, in this case three, there are far more polite ways to go about it. Things like "Hey, it seems kinda like he doesn't have a weakness" or "Hey, you sure about that one?" Instead, you publicly and rudely call out several staff members, including the Head GM.

Second, let's be brutally honest here. A significant portion of the weaknesses that get approved are things such as "As a normal human in a world of mutants" or "Only has human level reflexes". On a character with powers that are fairly mild for this particular RPG, I pay less attention to the weakness. On a character with fairly normal human attributes aside from a few powers, it doesn't matter quite as much. Because they have obvious disadvantages in this game, with all the super strong, super fast or other powered characters running around. Heck, we have two character who under the correct circumstances are literally invulnerable.As Tyler stated above, Rapture got approved just fine. And I have numerous problems with her, actually. But I don't bring them up, because the only time they've actually occurred was before I was staff. In short, you're barely toeing a very fine line.

#233 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 06:10 PM

I sense I missed a conflict.

Could someone fill me in? I'd like to take a side. :P

#234 Online Princess Anna of Arendelle

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,515 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 06:12 PM

[color=#006400;]It hardly concerns you or anyone else except Auron and the staff. [/color]

#235 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 06:12 PM

[color=#006400;]It hardly concerns you or anyone else except Auron and the staff. [/color]

But war is fun. :P

Edited by Basilisk, Feb 11 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#236 Online Princess Anna of Arendelle

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,515 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 06:15 PM

[color=#006400;]It's not a war so much as calling out someone's bullpucky. [/color]

#237 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 06:18 PM

Bah. I need to get skulls for the skull throne somewhere.

Looks like things got interesting during the weekend.

#238 Offline brother-in-lawford

brother-in-lawford
  • Members
  • Metru Nui Restored

• 12,331 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 06:22 PM

Bah. I need to get skulls for the skull throne somewhere.

Oh, did the shipment not come in? Or have you just not made it to the post office yet?

#239 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 06:30 PM

Incidentally, whatever happened to that Spec Ops unit?

Just curious. I might be retiring my old characters.

EDIT: Otter, we've been over this, unless I slay the foe myself and exalt in his death, its just not proper to add a skull to the skull throne. :P

Edited by Basilisk, Feb 11 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#240 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Snagging Prowler

• 11,345 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 06:32 PM

Grav took over the Spec Op unit, and they just kinda faded into the ether. Some of them, as Veronica did, are implied to have joined the Enforcers.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users