X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

OOC: Alright.First of all, Shaw, being the master planner he is, would be sure to keep track of his most important subordinates at all times. Therefore, the second he returned to the Hellfire mansion and noticed that Novocain was missing, he would have immediately started asking where he went, and that would inevitably lead him to Ben (and all of this could easily have happened since I last made a post as him). That's how he would know that Novocain was in Vegas.Now, regarding the teleporting mutants: Shaw (again, being the master planner that he is) would keep around more than one teleporting mutant in case one of them died or betrayed the Club. Then, after using said mutant to bring himself to Vegas, it would only be a matter of finding Novocain, which would be easy since (besides Alec, who is probably too far away from Shaw to really be noticed) he's the only one who's half robot.Is that sufficient?

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

In response to Snelly.About the laser, Mkay well I didn't really know that buuuut.You sort of put him in a situation he can't have survived in by raising him high up into the air without my consent, Novocain could of blasted him or shot lighting at him before he was too high in the air so I think this is fair.

I didn't raise him in the air without your consent, you could have easily had Novocain avoid it or attacked Nathan in a way that would have prevented him from being lifted off the ground in the first place, but you didn't. That's not my problem.

And that's not an excuse to ignore logic, sorry. If you find your character in a situation where he cannot survive no matter what he does well, then he dies. It's as simple as that. I didn't do anything without your permission I simply had Nathan use his powers and you didn't do anything about it till Novocain was already high in the air. That's your consent right there buddy.

OOC: Alright.First of all, Shaw, being the master planner he is, would be sure to keep track of his most important subordinates at all times. Therefore, the second he returned to the Hellfire mansion and noticed that Novocain was missing, he would have immediately started asking where he went, and that would inevitably lead him to Ben (and all of this could easily have happened since I last made a post as him). That's how he would know that Novocain was in Vegas.Now, regarding the teleporting mutants: Shaw (again, being the master planner that he is) would keep around more than one teleporting mutant in case one of them died or betrayed the Club.Then, after using said mutant to bring himself to Vegas, it would only be a matter of finding Novocain, which would be easy since (besides Alec, who is probably too far away from Shaw to really be noticed) he's the only one who's half robot.Is that sufficient?

Yeah, I can accept that, you should have had that explained IC though, would have made it clearer to begin with.

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

It would seem this would bring forth the question of how words should be utilized in a fight/interaction context as far as saying you did something, versus saying you attempted to do something. Basically, verbally leaving the idea that there is an escape or alternative option that can be used without disturbing the verbal flow.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

It would seem this would bring forth the question of how words should be utilized in a fight/interaction context as far as saying you did something, versus saying you attempted to do something. Basically, verbally leaving the idea that there is an escape or alternative option that can be used without disturbing the verbal flow.

Well, it's easy enough to just always assume that you can escape from something, cause even if someone writes it as if they actually hit you or punched you in the face, you can still write otherwise, nothing stopping you.

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

No, there's nothing literally stopping you, but I was referring more to the feeling of not wanting to overly go against what's being written out as far as responding. What I'm trying to say is something in the vein of when something's been posted, it feels weird to respond in a way that totally negates what the person posted when it's posted as a definite. At least for me. That's no to say I just want to roll over and let the other player dictate the pace of the interaction, but I also don't want to simply brush of what they wrote. I would want my response to fall in line fluidly, as if I was reading a single direction story as opposed to a story with conflicting points of vies from conflicting narrators.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

Okay, tried PMing this to Tyler, but he hasn't answered, so I think I stand a better chance of getting a response here:

Do the Morlocks still exist? And if I wanted a few Morlock NPCs how much leeway would I have in using canon characters?What is the status of the prison known as the Big House? And since I can't find anywhere that says for definite where it's placed, would I be able to make that up myself?

Edited by Lord of Adders Black

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Okay, tried PMing this to Tyler, but he hasn't answered, so I think I stand a better chance of getting a response here:

Do the Morlocks still exist? And if I wanted a few Morlock NPCs how much leeway would I have in using canon characters?What is the status of the prison known as the Big House? And since I can't find anywhere that says for definite where it's placed, would I be able to make that up myself?

I was actually replying to this, crazily enough, but I can answer here anyway - and with a bit more certainty than AuRon.

They are, indeed, still in the shape they were in after the Massacre: if you want to use a canon character or two sparingly, I'll give you permission to do so in good faith as someone who's RP'd with you for a while, but just remember that they're still canon characters and they're still ultimately open for staff use at any time.

As for the Big House, that's a bit more of a tabula rasa, if you want to do something with it. Just PM me whatever you have in mind for it when you have your plan fleshed out and I can approve it.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Alright. Uh. I've been busy for the past week.

Doing what? Uh. None of your concern. Suffice it to say, if anyone had been looking, they'd have noticed an exploding freeze ray on the moon.

So.....what did I miss?

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Not too much. SHIELD isn't doing anything, X-Men are at Las Vegas fighting terrorists, blah blah blah.

Mm. Huh.

Well, I'll get that Sandeigo profile done and get a post up then.

....Unless....hm. Would anyone be interested in joining/creating an international team of thieves? Could be interesting.

Also profitable.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Not too much. SHIELD isn't doing anything, X-Men are at Las Vegas fighting terrorists, blah blah blah.

Mm. Huh.

Well, I'll get that Sandeigo profile done and get a post up then.

....Unless....hm. Would anyone be interested in joining/creating an international team of thieves? Could be interesting.

Also profitable.

I've got a guy...

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Constructman, we are all well aware of what characters have been approved and what ones haven't. I mean it with the utmost respect when I say,

Leave it to the staff, mmkay?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I vote the moon.

No. We'll paint our faces on that. With stolen paint.

.....Also, I'm going to say we should steal the head from the Statue of Liberty.

Then sell it to Iran.

Y'know, for kicks. :P

I still don't think he should've been approved. Any one of you would get on my case for making a character without proper weaknesses, and here we are, having a character approved without a proper weakness. Seems hypocritical to me.

rapture got through quite alright.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

....AuRon.For one, that is impolite bordering on rude. Even if you insist on calling out a staff member, in this case three, there are far more polite ways to go about it. Things like "Hey, it seems kinda like he doesn't have a weakness" or "Hey, you sure about that one?" Instead, you publicly and rudely call out several staff members, including the Head GM.

Second, let's be brutally honest here. A significant portion of the weaknesses that get approved are things such as "As a normal human in a world of mutants" or "Only has human level reflexes". On a character with powers that are fairly mild for this particular RPG, I pay less attention to the weakness. On a character with fairly normal human attributes aside from a few powers, it doesn't matter quite as much. Because they have obvious disadvantages in this game, with all the super strong, super fast or other powered characters running around. Heck, we have two character who under the correct circumstances are literally invulnerable.As Tyler stated above, Rapture got approved just fine. And I have numerous problems with her, actually. But I don't bring them up, because the only time they've actually occurred was before I was staff. In short, you're barely toeing a very fine line.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I sense I missed a conflict.

Could someone fill me in? I'd like to take a side. :P

It hardly concerns you or anyone else except Auron and the staff.

But war is fun. :P

Edited by Basilisk

Incidentally, whatever happened to that Spec Ops unit?

Just curious. I might be retiring my old characters.

EDIT: Otter, we've been over this, unless I slay the foe myself and exalt in his death, its just not proper to add a skull to the skull throne. :P

Edited by Basilisk