Bionicle 2015+ Collection Plans

Kuurai

Bionicle 2015+ Collection Poll  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After some thought of my own plans for my Bionicle 2015+ collection, I was curious to see how other people like to collect them, from the generic "Ooh! I'll get that one!" fans to the hardcore "MUST HAVE THEM ALL!!!!" fans (represent!  B-) ). That said, here is a poll for you collectors to see what the most popular way to collect the future sets is!

Edited by Kuurai
  • Upvote 1

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

I certainly intend to collect them all; in this order: LoSS, Onua, Kopaka, Tahu, Gali, Lewa, Pohatu, PoS, PoW, PoJ, PoF, PoI, PoE. This order is also known as most pieces to least pieces.

I intend to have all of these by the end of May.

Although I might change my order on that depending on what seems to be going fastest - the White sets always went out of stock before any others back in the day... The Blue sets were usually next but ... now days I could probably just put them all on lay-by or something silly like that! XD

Edited by Iblis

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

As for my own Bionicle 2015+ endeavors, I intend to collect 3 of each: 1 for a permanent display model, 1 for the pieces, and 1 to keep MIB/NIB. (Yes, I know that's a cool $600+ just for the first wave  :(, but I am determined to do it  :P)

• Upvote 1

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"

Right out, I'm most likely only going to get my favorites. Which are Tahu, Lord of Skull Spiders, Kopaka, and probably one or two of the Protectors. I may grab the other Toa as well, though that will depend on my budget when the sets are released.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

As many as I can, or to be more accurate, as many as I can afford taking other expenses into consideration. (dang figmas be so expensive and I've already got plenty of preorders for next year) Should be able to get at least the Toa and some Protectors, I hope.

Edited by farmstink buttlass

AXKP5KC.png

I don't want to spend so much for every single set for the first year. Who knows what else will come down the line?

Price wise... I'm not sure how many pieces have good MOCing appeal, but they're certainly better than anything we got in '08 or '09, and are definitely comparable to 2002, except you've got 2 Masks thrown in, although 2003 through to 2007 could be said to be better value P4P.

Personally I think 2004 Matoran weren't really good as the central body piece was irksome & the 2006 Matoran looked deformed; but '03, '05, & '07 I really liked.

I think the Protectors are just as good as '03 just scaled up (although they feel less characterised - so far); the Rahaga would have be better than the Protectors if their Rhotuka's were more stable, but the Protectors Gatling Launchers are very good; I like the Hydruka better than the Protectors, but I think the Protectors are better than Defilak & Dekar, but as it's 2.5 of an '08 set to a '15 set it's hard to really but generally Hydruka>Protectors>MN-Matoran.

So if you're unsure maybe just don't worry until you have some other sets first & see what you would do with the extra pieces, what do you typically buy a BIONICLE set for?

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

If the story wins me over, I'll most likely go for them all. I'm a boring person who only uses his spending money for LEGO, so for me it is really only a question of 'which LEGO shall I buy?" not "Shall I buy LEGO?"

• Upvote 2

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Being someone who's missing less than twenty non-promo sets from Gen 1, I plan on buying every set when and where they come out. :)

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

I definitely haven't decided yet! I can say that since I've received six sets from the LEGO Group to review for The New Elementary, some of the decisions have sort of been made for me. :P

I have two siblings, so with the old BIONICLE each of us got two from every team of six (I got the red and white sets, my twin brother got hte green and brown/orange sets, and my younger brother got the blue and black sets — we originally planned it so that we'd each get one from each Kaita, though after the Bohrok-Kal it stopped working out that way). Whether we still do that for the new BIONICLE will depend on whether all three of us are interested in collecting the sets — I know my younger brother is nowhere near as interested in BIONICLE as he used to be, and I get the impression that nowadays he thinks it's kind of silly. Even if we do all want the sets, a lot will depend on whether we can agree on which sets each of us want.

• Upvote 2

I definitely haven't decided yet! I can say that since I've received six sets from the LEGO Group to review for The New Elementary, some of the decisions have sort of been made for me. :PI have two siblings, so with the old BIONICLE each of us got two from every team of six (I got the red and white sets, my twin brother got hte green and brown/orange sets, and my younger brother got the blue and black sets — we originally planned it so that we'd each get one from each Kaita, though after the Bohrok-Kal it stopped working out that way). Whether we still do that for the new BIONICLE will depend on whether all three of us are interested in collecting the sets — I know my younger brother is nowhere near as interested in BIONICLE as he used to be, and I get the impression that nowadays he thinks it's kind of silly. Even if we do all want the sets, a lot will depend on whether we can agree on which sets each of us want.

Wow! I was in the exact same position as you were as far as siblings and Bionicle ownership is concerned. Cool stuff! Since I started collecting Bionicle when it came out when I was 6 it was difficult to complete a collection, and siblings helped out a lot. That's one thing I love about being older and more self-sufficient is the fact that I can buy the sets I desire with ease with a little concern about budget management when it comes to Lego, but yeah!

• Upvote 1

Only those that appeal to me the most, tops. In this case that means only the Skull Spiders.

Depending on how the smaller Skull Spiders are released (I heard a rumour about them appearing in collectible packs like the masks of yesteryear), I may or may not collect the Masters and Defenders too.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I'll probably only get one or two of the Masters, and wait until the rest of them go down in price before I pick them up (John Lewis always has good deals on Lego, and their price match guarantee has been useful over the years). :)

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr

Only those that appeal to me the most, tops. In this case that means only the Skull Spiders.

Depending on how the smaller Skull Spiders are released (I heard a rumour about them appearing in collectible packs like the masks of yesteryear), I may or may not collect the Masters and Defenders too.

There's definitely been no word on any sort of collectible packs. And for the Skull Spiders especially, I don't see the need for them—with one in every set, it shouldn't be hard to amass a significant quantity of them.

Of course, there is the possibility that a Skull Spider might be featured in a polybag, maybe even in an exclusive color like the Black Brain from the Hero Factory Brain Attack sets.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I am kind of tempted to get all of them, but I'm not too interested in some sets and my shelf space is limited. I'll probably get all the Masters and maybe a summer set if they appeal to me, and that is it for 2015. But again, I'll treat it like last gen Bionicle (though with more freedom cause of case-money): I'll get the sets that I want and not necessarily go out of my way to get something lackluster just to complete a collection.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg