What are LEGO Mixels?

www.bzpower.comA new teaser site has appeared advertising LEGO Mixels, and features three interesting brick-built characters. Apparently they're coming in Spring 2014 and are connected to Cartoon Network. You can view the <a href='http://www.lego.com/mixels/' target='offsite'>teaser site here</a>, as well as the <a href='http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7128' target='offsite'>BrickSet article</a> that includes a picture of the models from Comic-Con.View the full article

After looking a bit closer, I've gleaned this from the promo picture:3 possible elements, Fire, Electricity, and Earth (?), as well as an interesting mix of constraction and regular LEGO construction.

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

intriguing... the building style reminds me of that used for those pokemon sets that were out a while back

There were pokemon sets?

Also, me wanty.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Corrected teaser site URL: http://www.lego.com/en-us/mixels

I've been working on and will continue to work on the Brickipedia article for the theme. I can't wait for further information from both TLG and Cartoon Network. I do have high hopes for the theme and the show. I'm hoping it may be something similar to Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, although it likely won't. Still, I'm excited. The sets look incredible, fun and playful, which is something I like in LEGO sets. The new pieces too. :inlove:

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Seems interesting, I'm loving the new parts. The tiny ball sockets will be great (I wonder if they're comparable with the existing rubber band mount pieces. That would help so much in MOCing), and I see new claw pieces on the red one. The red guy's eyeball ball joints might be fun for some MOCs as well. Can't wait to see further information, and I reall hope it's more than just some figures.EDIT: On further inspection, I also notice the yellow guy's fingers are new as well. Those look like some great pieces. I also see the elemental alignment kopekemaster mentioned, although I'm thinking the tall guy may be metal or something similar.

Edited by Click

I'm excited for this, even though the Cartoon Network part of it (the show) might end up sucking.Lego! You have a deal with Cartoon Network, so why no Adventure Time Lego??!!

The Toa Inika/Mahri were the destined heroes of 2008, not the Toa Nuva... According to the Faber Files at least...

~~~~Pikminjake

I've got more Mixels information! http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Mixels

There's confirmation of a mobile game, and the Cartoon Network tie-in is a series of shorts that will air on TV and on CartoonNetwork.com. Further information is on the Brickipedia article linked above. There are also going to be three waves of sets! :D

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I've got more Mixels information! http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Mixels

There's confirmation of a mobile game, and the Cartoon Network tie-in is a series of shorts that will air on TV and on CartoonNetwork.com. Further information is on the Brickipedia article linked above. There are also going to be three waves of sets! :D

Series of shorts? Called it.

Although the mobile game has me more intrigued. Especially if they can manage some Skylanders-like integration of the physical sets.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I AM WAY MORE EXCITED THAN I THOUGHT I WOULD BE

TINY BALL JOINTS (COULD POSSIBLY USE AS FINGERS??)

My... God..... That... is.... BRILLIANT!

Now I am slightly more excited.

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus