BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Enforcer.

Something flashes from above me, and I dive aside instinctively. Searing heat rips across my left side, partially melting my armour and searing the skin underneath. I hit the ground and roll to my feet, pressing my back up agaisnt the wall. I can't see who had fired the attack, nor do I recognise what kind of power it was. But I don't have time to worry about that right now, as I see a more pressing issue bearing down on me - in the form of an avalanche. 

I turn and throw myself inside the hospital building, stepping out of the doorway an instant before the oncoming wall of white slams into the building, a fair amount getting forced through the doorway to flood the interior of the room. I pull of my helmet and toss it to the floor. In these confines, it will do me no good. I hold my halberd carefully in both hands, deliberately favouring my injured side, forcing myself to endure and push past the pain.

It was only a burn; it wouldn't kill me. I had survived worse.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Raaka

Daring to peek his head out again, Raaka viewed the battlefield in its entirety.

All Karz was breaking loose.

But there was one figure - at least, one that Raaka noticed - isolated, slinking in the shadows with a strange weapon, wearing a Kualsi. (Kitano)

Oh, you totally don't look shifty.

Raaka, braving the dangers previously faced out on the battlefield, checked his weapons and charged at the being, Cannon arm up and ready to fire.

OOC: yeah m8, I said I read Spoiler's post, post-my post. A couple quick actions before the avalanche is fine.

IC Forger

I caught my sword, jamming it into the ground. The flurry of snow, debris and stone hit me. Hard. Literally fusing my joints with steel and my hands to the pommel let me stay standing. Pain shot through my body, channeling my element in my own flesh was an effective, but self destructive tactic. I was now buried in snow. Avalanches moved first as a liquid, a torrent of particulate snow acting as a wave, carrying larger objects with it. Once it settled, it congealed into a mass as hard as iron. It had not yet settled.

Being a toa of iron, I had an accurate internal compass. I knew my opponent had been to my north. I doubt he had moved so I began to tunnel up and outwards to the south.

OOC: I got my iron and magentics traits mixed on dat der compass

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

OOC: Hey no worries I was just making sure you saw it. Keep it cool. B-)

IC: Wraith

His opponent was buried, but Wraith doubted he would stay that way for long. He reached out with his elemental powers, sensing disturbances in the snow. He couldn't pin an exact location, but he narrowed it down to a manageable area as he started to use his powers to harden the snow into solid ice, squeezing the snow more tightly together than before. It would make it much more difficult for the Toa of Iron to break out. 

OOC: Oh yeah that's magnetisms trait, iron has stamina. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Forger

Steel could be bent, broken, cut and shattered. Crushing it was no easy task.

I realized the ice toa was playing this smart and safe. He knew he had the advantage in this terrain. The hardening ice was exhaustive to dig through, but it was not a threat, it was an intentional irritant. Energy I spent working my way free was energy I could not spend in battle. It were a move I would make. This gave me my first glance into his mind, the way he fought.

My movement stops, I draw back into myself, my internal world. I search for and select two swords, they have drill shaped blades, made to cut through rock and protosteel armor. Hardening ice will be like air for them. Six total projections. Accounting for the energy I absorbed, I have seven left before I reach dangerous levels of usage.

The chances of hitting my enemy are slim. I intend to break their concentration. I fire one of the swords up and in front of me, were he would be had he not moved. I send the other to the left and up, a guess as to where he could've moved. I then dig through the last of the snow burying me, I am free but weary.

OOC: I cast the ultimate god-mod move; BEDTIME. I'm out to sleep, gotta work at 6am, so don't kill me while I'm out.

...but close to it

IC: Kimala

She whirled around, sending another stab of pain through her side, but she ignored it. Instinctively reacting to the sound of footsteps, she activated her Matatu, stopping his advance with a concussive push. Toa of Gravity? Maybe Earth. The former was more likely. Gravity vs. Telekinesis in a hallway. Gritting her teeth, she focused on the ceiling, immediately bringing the section between them down, along with the top of the walls around them. She didn't wait to see what happened before taking off again. Forget the roof, she had to use her familiarity with the place against him. She was injured and lacking her elemental powers with no idea when they would return, so every advantage she could get had to be used.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Barus (Judge)

An unseen force shoved Barus back, sliding him far enough so his swords made contact with nothing. The ceiling came down in front of him. He swore and started to tear down the new wall with his element, shoving pieces away from him, hoping to hit his opponent.

The moment the first swords burst through the snow Wraith leaped backwards, instinctively raising a thick wall of solid ice in defense. The flying swords either stopped where the newly created wall was formed or had just missed completely, but the Toa of Iron had succeeded in distracting Wraith long enough to break free from the snow. 

​Wraith analyzed the newly freed Toa, he appeared be weary, but still willing to put up a fight. Wraith still had the advantage, the terrain was in his favor and he had yet to sustain an injury. Wraith had expended some elemental energy, not enough to be concerned just yet but he'd have to be more reserved with it's use now. Even if he defeated this opponent there were many other attackers. 

He waited for his opponent to make the next move. 

IC Avsa

Apparently the arrow had failed to hit anything altogether.

And Tracer was stuck in the snow.

Kimala's avalanche had mostly hit Forger and Wraith, but Tracer had more than her fair sure to deal with. Luckily, not her entire body had been submerged-only her legs were stuck-but if she didn't get out soon, she'd be sitting duck. Literally.

Keeping her bow up, she waded through the snow, knowing she was extremely vulnerable right now.

IC: Priicu - Onu-Koro Highway

The old Ko-Matoran scrambled through the snow. Ko-Koro had fallen. His message was useless, so little help had come. He ran, escaped with other refugees, and kept running, to the only other solace he knew: Onu-Koro. Surely his associate would have a place for him.

There were figures by the tunnel. More enemies? More followers of Makuta? He clenched his fists to stop the trembling and approached them wordlessly.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Xitec

Progress was slow, but steady. He reckoned he had been walking for around half an hour now, at least. And while it felt like he was getting nowhere fast, progress was being made, probably.  

Soon, he began to notice some distant sounds over the din of the storm.  This was an improvement. He quickened his trudge, pushing over the latest crest. The view here wasn't much different than any other, vague shapes which could optimistically be called structures appeared to be in the distance, but the noise was definitely closer. It sounded like a battle, or a slaughter, depending on who was making the loudest cacophony. he began to slide down the the hill, quickening his pace. Whatever was going on, it was better than walking in the middle of a snowstorm forever.

OOC: Most of the fighting is taking place in the hospital yea?

OoC: Curse the timezone difference! Everyone always posts when I'm asleep! >:(

And just so you know, I've talked things through with 5th Spoilers, we're cool.

IC: The Champion (Nuju-Marion Hospital and Academy)

The Toa of Crystal.. who might actually be a Toa of Ice, threw a bamboo disk at me. What was she thinking? There was no way that would hit. I simply took a step aside, and the disk hit the snow on the ground. Just as I started to move towards the defenders, the snow below my feet started to rumble and start moving.

Oh Karz..

I wasn't used to fighting in snow, and the disk had started an avalanche. Probably should've blocked it with my shield instead of dodging it. I tried to stand up, but soon fell over and spouted curses. I rolled in the snow, the world was spinning around me. Soon, the avalanche slowed down, and I found myself buried under a few bio of snow. I dig my way through, but it takes a while. It's not like I've been buried in an avalanche of snow before.

I burst through, and see Forger fighting against a Toa of Ice, wearing a Kanohi Iden. He didn't seem too tough, so I decided to join in. I charged at the Toa, who was apparently waiting for his opponent to make the next move, hoping to get up close and personal as quickly as possible. I was still prepared to be frozen By ice or something, but at the very least I would provide a distraction.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Okay, now I'm starting to see what Krayzikk's talking about. Btw Nato, Verulas still had his Volitak activated when he was climbing the hospital, and still does now.

IC: Verulas watched everything going on around him, taking his time to pick and choose who he was going to help.

The Crystal-Toa had disappeared a little while ago, but based on her reaction to the stretcher, he figured that she'd want to fight her own battles.

The Skakdi was charging a foe just outside the building, but he was intuitive enough to take care of himself; the meat-shield idea was impressive.

Kellin was out in plain view of everyone with Cancer doing... something..., but the acid trick they had pulled, not to mention that he really wasn't fighting at the moment, should've kept him relatively safe.

Frosty was dealing with two attackers, but he looked capable enough.

A Skakdi made her way towards the hospital, but there was some distance between them.

And a Vortixx just dived into the lobby to escape the avalanche.

Perfect.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Forger

Champion provides a perfect opportunity for me to ready myself. I call back my two drill swords from their landing areas. With them and the zweihander I have three swords at the ready.

I grab the chain on my belt and using my element to form a weight on either end, tossing it like a bolas at the ice toa's legs.

IC Brontes

"**** cultists and legacy scum are at it again..." Brontes thought to himself darkly, he had been helping the nurses and doctors load patients, supplies and equipment for the evacuation when the fighting started back up. More intense and fierce sounding than before. He took off running, moving to the back of the hospital, the breach in the wall allows him to see a frenzy of activity outside. "Karz..."

Brontes saw Verulas standing alone, observing the fight. He moved towards him as he was closest to him. "What the karz is happening?" Verulas turned to him, surprise, dislike or both registering on his face. "Sorry about the friendly fire earlier, can we work together?"

...but close to it

Ic:

The laser bore a small hole in the rock hammer. The shockwave pushed Krakant back a little, but gave him time to turn on his heat vision.

He then aimed where Razsk's heart was about, and fired his gun again.

OOC: The hammers are metal, but the effect would be pretty much the same.

IC: Razsk

Razsk rolls to the side, barely missing the bullet.  "Hey, watch the hammer!"  Again, he slams both hammers into the ground above the tunnel.  This time the tremor is bigger, and the tunnel is on the verge of collapse.

IC: Dayeth.

"Come on, someone get me out of here!" Dayeth shouted, struggling agaisnt her bonds as the fight raged inside and outside of the hospital. "You can't just leave me here like this!" 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC (Merror)

"Aerus," Merror called over the rising wind, summoning a little more elemental warmth to boost his body-heat, "do you know the way from here?"

The Toa of Fire had yet to comment on Joske's apparent return. He had seemed pensive at the news.

IC (Echelon)

As their rear guard made short work of the flankers, the other half of the Nightfall moved swiftly, unopposed, though the grand double-doors at the other end of the hall, and into the Sanctum itself.

To say that the vaulted room was grand would be an understatement. Even in Turaga Nuju's days, it had been one of the most impressive of the Matoran's creations. Under Akiri Matoro, it had become a throne-room.

They paused as they entered, the three dark beings and the pawn and the prisoner. Echelon drifted downwards, and even the soft sound of his feet touching the ground echoed through the Sanctum's space.

Walls of ice, inscribed with countless letters, towered above even the tallest Vortixx's head: this was the famed Wall of Prophecy, upon which the word of Mata Nui could be found, if one had the skill and wisdom to decipher it. Lightstones glittered in stands and brackets, casting light on the circular Matoran symbols, but also casting long shadows that stretched across the floor. At the far end was a carved semblance of Kopaka's Akaku-clad face.

The room's newer walls reached high above the Wall of Prophecy, wrought in ice and stone, reaching up to support the high ceiling (courtesy of the Architect Ambages). At the centre of the floor, where once had been a humble firepit, was Matoro's throne. The late Akiri had certainly possessed a penchant for grandeur, constructing the seat of his power here, in this place of sanctity to Mata Nui.

The Dark Toa approached the throne, slowly ascending the icy steps. With one thin finger he traced the Seal of Kopaka carved into its back.

"Search the room."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: Forger still shouldn't be able to see Wraith, or move that well. Two drill-sword attacks wouldn't free him up enough for that.

IC: Kimala

The debris struck the far wall, Kimala having already turned down a split in the hallway. As she went, she used her mask to bring down a wall to the side, creating a doorway, then ducked down the next hallway. Hopefully her pursuer would waste some time with thinking she had gone through the hole she'd created. Frankly, there was no reason for him not to. A Mask of Vision might possibly be able to tell she wasn't in the room, but in her position, even that would be hard to tell, as she stood with the room between her and the Toa of Gravity. She tried reaching out to her element again, but had no luck, her powers were still down. 

Edited by The Fifth Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: The Deceiver (Near Ko-Koro)

It had been a long and tiresome journey, but she finally arrived in Ko-koro. She had already disguised as a yellow Toa, with light blue highlights in the armour. Her alias was now Akarth. She was standing on top of a rigde, and surveyed the village of ice below her. The main gate had been breached, and smoke still rose from the ruins. Corpses were scattered in front of them, both matoran and Kane-ra. She saw the large building in the heart of the village, part of it collapsed and a solitary pillar of grey smoke floated to the sky. The village was dead silent. It seemed like the battle was over. She started to walk downwards.

She walked through the gate, and noticed movement inside a housethrough the window. She opened the unlocked door. carefully walked inside, and found a wounded white and gunmetal coloured Toa being taken care of an another, amber and dark grey Toa. Both of them were immediately alert, and she raised her hand calmly and said "Calm down. I would prefer to know who you fight for before drawing my blade"

OoC: That's Larikon and Jaaku.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Forger just dug himself out of hardened snow and it's a LOT of snow, forearm was wounded with a sword, the temperature was dropped dramatically and he has ice built up on his armor. I don't see his bolas being that effective in his current condition. Therefore this:

The bolas never reached their target, Forger was hardly in any condition to effectively use said weapon, Wraith didn't even have to move as they simply hit the ice wall that was still in between Forger and his target. 

Wraith noticed Champion charging at him, running through snow is hardly something he could do without being noticed. Spikes of ice grew in front of the Vortixx, pointed straight at him, if the Vortixx continued to run forwards he would get impaled. 

Enforcer's hastily made shots missed completely.

Edited by Skitty

OOC: I'm just going to save some space in this post by deactivating Verulas' Volitak. And Nato, he was actually going to complain about hostile Vortixx again, but if you really want him to go after Enforcer...

IC: Verulas deactivated his Volitak and prepared to go after the Vortixx when he was surprised by the Vo-Toa who had previously electricuted him. He appeared apologetic and unaware of the chaos around him, which was expected since he was inside packing when the attack occurred.

"Apparently, somebody thought we were doing a really good job protecting the place, and decided to throw us a surprise party," he said, sliding down the roof and landing in the snow next to him as pain shot through his ribs. "And as far as I'm concerned, the hatchet's buried. We've got a bit more to worry about than grudges."

He leaned against the outer wall, noticing the lack of crystal and panting as the rest of his injuries started to act up. He stared at the other defender and smiled.

"Fine by me. I'm going Vortixx hunting."

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: The Champion (Nuju-Marion Hospital)

Spikes of ice? How terrifying. I pushed at them with my protosteel shield and shattered the rest with my mace. It had slowed me down, though, and I let out an annoyed grunt. My blood was stll boiling, and I was eager to get stuck in. I trudged through the snow, almost fell over a couple of times. This snow made me angry. But slowly and surely, I closed in on the ice Toa..

OoC: Enforcer shot Wraith with a plasma gun, if you didn't notice

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Oh I noticed, they just missed cause there's no realistic way he could have even done that. 

IC: Xxeth

Xxeth entered the sanctum. Wrapped up parakuka still squirming and screeching in his hands. Xxeth let out a low whistle as he observed Echelon and his team. 

"Did I miss the party? Ahhhh..." 

Edited by Skitty

IC:

"I would prefer to have you get the Karz out of here before I make you," Jaaku growled at the unexpected intruder, wondering when he'd get the time he needed to both work on and speak to Larikon. "As of the time I finish speaking, you will have five seconds to exit the way you came and go and bother somebody else."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

Krakant suddenly realised that he was trying to bring down the tunnel. This could be used to his advantage,

"You say Toa are meant to protect Matoran."

He rolled out of the way of another blow.

"But you're willing to kill all the Matoran patrolling the tunnel?"

He sneered.

IC: Razsk

Razsk snorts.  "How stupid do you think I am?  The matoran who were patroling the tunnel are either out here guarding their koro or they ran away when they felt the ground shake, dust and rocks started to fall and cracks appeared in the ceiling."  With that, he slams both his hammers into the ground, collapsing the entrance of the tunnel.  "Good luck getting to Onu-Koro through there now."

OOC: Nato, there is literally no clearer I can make this. Even if you can't stick to a battle wide rotation (which, at this point, I must concede is unlikely), you can stick to a personal rotation. You literally acknowledged that you were supposed to wait, and then ignored that to respond to an attack that wasn't even there. Not to mention the fact that Enforcer shouldn't have been able to dodge (his assailant was unseen, and the shot came from above him. By the time he would see it, it's too late) the attack in the first place, and he certainly wouldn't be able to just continue unimpeded.

So no. For all of these reasons, I am ignoring the sole post involving him since he dodged Krayzikk's attack. If you have a problem with that, then PM me.

IC:

The Titan almost raised an eyebrow.

He had to give the Vortixx credit for managing to evade his first shot; he couldn't say how he did it, though luck must have been involved, but he did. That said, he didn't intend to give him another chance. No other clear threats were approaching, so he was free to take a very direct approach. With a thought, his mask carried him down from the roof, and with a second jump through the visible portion of a  window, into the hospital. A third jump carried him into the lobby, down from the upper floor.

His position was just to the rear of his adversary, just far enough back that even if he was noticed, he would be too far to easily reach with a melee strike.

He pointed his staff in a single smooth motion, not a moment after he landed, directly at Enforcer's center mass.

And pulled the trigger. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Forger still shouldn't be able to see Wraith, or move that well. Two drill-sword attacks wouldn't free him up enough for that.

OOC: Forger just dug himself out of hardened snow and it's a LOT of snow, forearm was wounded with a sword, the temperature was dropped dramatically and he has ice built up on his armor. I don't see his bolas being that effective in his current condition. Therefore this:

OOC: @MJ In a life or death situation, you can get plenty amped up to quickly dig through some snow and get to a standing position. I ICed he was worn down by it, what else do you expect?

@Skitty The people in this battle aren't kindergarteners, a battle hardened toa/skakdi/vortixx/whatever can survive a cut and some digging and keep on trucking.

IC Forger

My improvised bolas never connects, I use my powers to retrieve it. Champion is still charging him, I move clockwise around the ice wall separating me and the toa, I will be approaching him from the opposite direction of Champion

IC Brontes

"I'll follow you." Brontes will tail Verulas for now.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: Xitec (Ko-Koro)

He began to slow down as he approached the entrance of what appeared to be a village or city of some sort, the sounds of battle coming from within. The front gates of which appeared to be blown right off. He moved cautiously as he came closer, "Helloooo?" "Anybody around...And not dead?" 

OOC: Open for interactions.

OOC: Look, I'm not trying to fight you on this, but it's more than a bit unrealistic to dig out of an avalanche that easily, especially in one or two posts. Even a Toa would still be trapped for a good while, getting crushed and buried under that much snow would not only knock the wind out of you but you get well...really stuck. Honestly people who have actually been buried under that much snow usually can't even move. 

However, let's just forget all this and move on :)

The snow beneath Wraith hardened and Wraith moved backwards, sliding on the newly formed ice. The snow beneath all their feet quickly hardened into ice, making it very easy to slip. Wraith glided away from his attackers, the air around them dropping in temperature once again.

OOC: Moving on is a good idea, we'll do so.

IC Forger

The ice trick again. When he first used this I was unprepared, ungraciously falling over, getting wounded in the process. This time I project sufficient metal spikes from boots, providing traction. I do the same to Champion's.

The ice toa glides away, I am content to let him retreat. I am a longer range fighter, as far as I have seen, he only passively attacks from distance. As he moves away, I use my powers to bend and flex pieces of my armor, cracking the ice that has encrusted it. I am able to remove perhaps a third of it. I call to Champion. "Let him retreat, we need to regroup with the others."

"OUTSIDERS, TO ME!"

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: Enforcer.

I hear a sound behind me, the crunching of heavy feet in the snow. I turn, but see nothing.

Too late. 

A lance of purple light flashes from the staff. I try to dodge it, but am too slow. It takes me in the shoulder, splashing across my heavy plate armour, spinning me sideways and depositing me on top of one of the flimsy hospital beds, which breaks under my weight.

I'm beginning to wish we'd sided with the defenders after all. But perhaps it isn't too late?

I hear Forger's shout: "Outsiders to me!" but I am in no position to respond to it...

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC: Xitec (Ko-Koro)

He began to slow down as he approached the entrance of what appeared to be a village or city of some sort, the sounds of battle coming from within. The front gates of which appeared to be blown right off. He moved cautiously as he came closer, "Helloooo?" "Anybody around...And not dead?" 

OOC: Open for interactions.

Xitec hears a loud crash coming from inside the koro, followed by a very small tremor.

IC: Priicu - Onu-Koro Highway

He wailed at the sight of the tunnel collapsing. That was his one straight escape. His only contact outside of Ko-Koro was in that village. And if they didn't spot him after his loud reaction, he would have to find a longer way there.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Xitec

He Jumped back upon hearing the crash coming from inside the village, almost as if in response to what he said. As invitations went, it wasn't the most appealing, but it looked like it was all he was going to get. Slowly creeping past the gates, he entered the Koro, zeroing in on the sound.

OOC: Yeah, I've been running into a similar problem concerning the visibility of my character as well. I know his mask doesn't make him completely invisible, but other characters shouldn't be automatically noticing him when it's active either.

IC: Verulas led the Vo-Toa back into the lobby after the Vortixx (Seriously, why was his problems always with them lately? Couldn't he run into any angry Skakdi, disgruntled Lesterin, or morally-impaired Toa who wanted a piece of him anymore?), drawing his sword and activating his mask just in time to-

Watch him get blown away by the Titan's staff.

He promptly became visible once more, smacking himself in the forehead lightly with the flat of his blade for not anticipating that the Titan would use his mask to follow through with his assault.

Well, this turned out to be a waste of time...

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Barus (Judge)

Judge finally broke through and started running, only to stop. "Which way did she go?" This and more thoughts went through his head. The most logical explanation would be the hole in the wall. He swore under his breath and went to go check it out, using his kualsi sparingly.