Official Greg Compendium

You guys are familiar with the D&D alignment system? The Brotherhood, under Teridax was a Lawful Evil organization, obedient to it's leader and internal rules despite how destructive the Plan was to the outside world. Krika would be Lawful Neutral; he obeys, but has enough of a moral code to realize that there was a possibility they were destroying everything and this is a Bad Thing. The other Makuta would range from lawful evil to chaotic evil, with those few who followed Miserix tending towards flavors of Neutral. They may have been good in the past, but made a choice to not be. Hence the most moral alignment being Lawful Neutral.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

An interesting thing about Helryx can be found here.  

8. Do you think Helryx has completed her destiny, and could become a Turaga?

8) Yes

I suppose the rest of that post is interesting as well.

Isn't Helryx inhibited by the fact that her armor has come to life, and about to be exploded?

• Upvote 1

Marendar is sapient (and humanoid)

1. On an earlier page, you said something about Helyrx's destiny having been completed and her ability to become a turaga if she chooses. What was her destiny?

2. On the bionicle website, at the end of the story video, you, along with a couple others, are listed in the credits under "original story". "original" refers to gen1, then, or did you have more involvement in gen2's story? is the writers' goal to essentially redo gen1?

3. Back to something you said on a different page (i'd provide quotes, but for some reason the site's not letting me quote right now... sad.png ) You said that Marendar was humanoid as opposed to being "abstract." Does this imply that it (he? she?) is also intelligent/sapient?

1) Don't know. Never wrote a backstory for her, I had no need of it.

2) I have no involvement with Gen2, nor do I think they have any interest in redoing Gen1. I did not see anything in the 2015 story bible that I read to indicate this is a retelling of Gen1 in any way.

3) Yes

Edited by N.S.M.8

You know what I take from that quote is that there are apparently character/Story bibles out there for Gen2 and Greg has gotten ahold of them. Yet claims no involvement in Gen2. We think there is an error in this logic. Like somebody does want to spill the beans. I don't want to discredit Greg but as far as I know he is human and humans can lie to keep something secret. By phrasing it as an opinion with "I think" leaves a loophole to be exploited in such a manner.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well you would think that the only reason Greg would have seen these bibles was if he was involved somehow. Otherwise why show them to him to begin with? That's like saying I have no involvement in my company's new branch yet somehow got my hands on their shipping logs. Something is off there and we all know it.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Marendar is sapient?

I wonder if it can be reasoned with, then...

After a few suspicious Toa deaths, the heroes confront this being:

"What are you?"

"The saviour, come to destroy that alien creatures which will harm the planet with their elemental ways."

"What, do you mean us? We're not doing any harm."

"But I'm supposed to kill you if you do."

"So if one of us does, kill that rogue Toa."

"OK. But I'm watching you all."

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I imagine Marendar would be like Umbra: sapient, but with a primary undeniable objective on the top of his list.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I imagine Marendar would be like Umbra: sapient, but with a primary undeniable objective on the top of his list.

The interesting thing then would be the phrasing of that objective. If it's 'destroy MU inhabitants', he's an enemy. If it's more along the lines of 'protect Agori', then there could be an alliance.

The interesting thing then would be the phrasing of that objective. If it's 'destroy MU inhabitants', he's an enemy. If it's more along the lines of 'protect Agori', then there could be an alliance.
It's actually "destroy Toa". Remember how freaked out Agonce was when he saw that the protodermis cage was already opened and Marendar was out?
  • Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Well you would think that the only reason Greg would have seen these bibles was if he was involved somehow. Otherwise why show them to him to begin with? That's like saying I have no involvement in my company's new branch yet somehow got my hands on their shipping logs. Something is off there and we all know it.

Nothing's off there -- he is LEGO's resident expert on Bionicle Gen 1, and it makes sense for Gen 2, which is inspired by Gen 1 and has some allusions to it, to show him what they're planning, if for no other reason than to avoid his giving erroneous answers about it or the like, and/or as thanks for what he brought to Bionicle. :)

It does open up a window for him to give positive suggestions, but that doesn't mean he chose or was expected to use it. Quite possibly it wasn't allowed, I dunno. (Or "not involved" might not be intended to say he didn't offer some suggestions, but just means that the main planning came from others, or he didn't have any actual authority over it. Always remember Greg summarizes and "rounds up" to give a short answer most of the time. If somebody wants more detail on a short answer, his approach seems to be to let them go ahead and ask that question later. So, if you wanna know things like "did you offer any suggestions?" -- ask him. Of course, maybe he'll opt not to answer, dunno. :P)

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Nothing's off there -- he is LEGO's resident expert on Bionicle Gen 1, and it makes sense for Gen 2, which is inspired by Gen 1 and has some allusions to it, to show him what they're planning, if for no other reason than to avoid his giving erroneous answers about it or the like, and/or as thanks for what he brought to Bionicle. :)

It does open up a window for him to give positive suggestions, but that doesn't mean he chose or was expected to use it. Quite possibly it wasn't allowed, I dunno. (Or "not involved" might not be intended to say he didn't offer some suggestions, but just means that the main planning came from others, or he didn't have any actual authority over it. Always remember Greg summarizes and "rounds up" to give a short answer most of the time. If somebody wants more detail on a short answer, his approach seems to be to let them go ahead and ask that question later. So, if you wanna know things like "did you offer any suggestions?" -- ask him. Of course, maybe he'll opt not to answer, dunno. :P)

I'll edit the quote in when I find it, but Greg claims that he was asked to give input on the story bible but that "as far as [he] knows, they chose not to use it"

2. Since Matoran can drain energy by touching, doesn't that mean they can steal energy from other Matoran?

2) No. They are designed to not be able to do that. Nor have we ever seen one drain energy from a Rahi. The fish they ate on Mata Nui were Aqua Magna fish, not MU fish.

I know this is old, but I must point out that it's incorrect. The fish the Matoran were seen selling in Onu-Koro were most definitely biomechanical.

fish.png

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

The fish the Matoran were seen selling in Onu-Koro were most definitely biomechanical.

In MNOG, anyways...

• Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The fish the Matoran were seen selling in Onu-Koro were most definitely biomechanical.

In MNOG, anyways...

and notably in the sets that MNOG used for reference! (though i think those fish in particular are made-up, but there's a fish or two in actual model form, which we are of course to assume are part-mechanical like everything else. :0)

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

In MNOG, anyways...

Well to be fair that image shows two versions of fish. The one laying on the table looks Bionicle-ish like it is made of Bionicle parts. However the fish that are hanging up look more fleshy. So who knows.
  • Upvote 1

Onua.png

Maybe both? The Pit Storyline confirms that some MU Rahi had escaped the MU and were swimming in Aqua Magna's seas. Probably due to gaps like Mavrah's tunnel. So it's possible that both native and MU fish were caught by Ga-Matoran fisherwomen. :P 

(They probably either were killed or abandoned when the robot left the area, although if they managed to survive, it would probably by to their benefit rather than being stuck in the bot now and having to be moved to the sea by Toa of Water.) 

2. Since Matoran can drain energy by touching, doesn't that mean they can steal energy from other Matoran?

2) No. They are designed to not be able to do that. Nor have we ever seen one drain energy from a Rahi. The fish they ate on Mata Nui were Aqua Magna fish, not MU fish.

I know this is old, but I must point out that it's incorrect. The fish the Matoran were seen selling in Onu-Koro were most definitely biomechanical.

fish.png

"The fish they ate on Mata Nui"

Correct me if i'm wrong...but didn't greg once say that matoran don't eat...?

...did we just discover that matoran were built with a reduntant digestive tract or something along those lines...?

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

fish.png

"The fish they ate on Mata Nui"

Correct me if i'm wrong...but didn't greg once say that matoran don't eat...?

...did we just discover that matoran were built with a reduntant digestive tract or something along those lines...?

They absorb energy from food items through their hands. 

Keep in mind too that many creatures on Spherus Magna had some degree of biomechanical implants. As BS01 points out,

Some are entirely organic, while the bodies of others, like Rock Steeds, have various biomechanical elements.

Those fish in MNOG could have simply been examples of biomechanical Spherus Magna creatures, just like the Rock Steeds or Skopio creature.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Yes, Luroka, it did, but the book didn't specify how they eat. They probably touched the same piece of food and absorbed energy from it. 

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

They can technically do both. Greg had stated that while the Matoran can and most often do absorb nutrients via the hands they can also do so while consuming them via the mouth. The effect is basically the same. It was quoted recently I believe when the discussion of if there were sewers or bio waste in the MU was brought up in another topic(s) If I am not mistaken.

Onua.png

They can technically do both. Greg had stated that while the Matoran can and most often do absorb nutrients via the hands they can also do so while consuming them via the mouth. The effect is basically the same. It was quoted recently I believe when the discussion of if there were sewers or bio waste in the MU was brought up in another topic(s) If I am not mistaken.

Yes, but consuming via the mouth is viewed as disgusting in the Matoran Universe. Also, when eating via the mouth, it is entirely turned to energy with no waste left behind. 

and notably in the sets that MNOG used for reference

No no, I'm talking about whether Ruki were canonically sold for eating, not anything the sets matter for. (Not whether they're biomechanical -- absolutely they are.)

About "ate" -- the Matoran's normal method is called "eating" informally often. That's about how they eat, not whether they eat. (Doesn't work in normal English, but that's because we define "eat" in normal English based on how we eat which definitely isn't their way. :P)

It's also possible a Ruki was being sold for reasons other than eating -- maybe it was found dead and somebody figured those cavedwellers might want a Ruki's metal skeleton to hang on a wall somewhere just for the novelty or whatever. :shrugs: Though that's hard to square with those organic-looking fish at the same stand, and what the Matoran's saying.

Were the Ga-Matoran fishermen on Metru Nui? If they were, then that could imply that Matoran could consume antidermis-based creatures, but not protodermis.

Why antidermis? The only known things made of antidermis are Makuta, Kraata, and (maybe) Rahkshi.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water