BIONICLE MAFIA IX: SENTINELS OF THE DARKENED SKIES

Voltex

I would like to take a moment to congratulate and thank everyone who participated in this amazing display of dedication, focus, and sacrifice. I would like to give a moment's silence for Unit and Punished Snake, who sacrificed their lives that the village might win. Snake might have tried to get out of it to save his own neck, but that doesn't mean he didn't end up being sacrificed. I intend to treat him with respect, both for what he gave and for his devotion to his cause.

I would also like to give Detective Gumshoe a pay raise. Maybe he can splurge on an extra packet of ramen this week.

(On a side note, I'm tempted to start using the title "Ghostly Prosecutor." Thoughts?)

:w:

Two deaths are worthy of the sacrifice to ensure the rest from the same fate.

And besides, every mafia death will result in a villager death. Probably.

Still don't know completely, but like Ibrow/Voltex/Tex said, why would such a cool Mafia group be made to be taken out by sibling-ness? It wouldn't add up.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I would like to take a moment to congratulate and thank everyone who participated in this amazing display of dedication, focus, and sacrifice. I would like to give a moment's silence for Unit and Punished Snake, who sacrificed their lives that the village might win. Snake might have tried to get out of it to save his own neck, but that doesn't mean he didn't end up being sacrificed. I intend to treat him with respect, both for what he gave and for his devotion to his cause.

I would also like to give Detective Gumshoe a pay raise. Maybe he can splurge on an extra packet of ramen this week.

(On a side note, I'm tempted to start using the title "Ghostly Prosecutor." Thoughts?)

:w:

Yeah, this must be one of the most successful Mafia days in a looong time...

Uhh... just how much is he paid, before and after the raise? o_o

As for the title, that would be awesome. =D

And besides, every mafia death will result in a villager death. Probably.

Still don't know completely, but like Ibrow/Voltex/Tex said, why would such a cool Mafia group be made to be taken out by sibling-ness? It wouldn't add up.

I'm sure at least one Mafia death will result in a death far worse for the village than that of a villager...

- :burnmad:

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

And besides, every mafia death will result in a villager death. Probably.Still don't know completely, but like Ibrow/Voltex/Tex said, why would such a cool Mafia group be made to be taken out by sibling-ness? It wouldn't add up.

I'm sure at least one Mafia death will result in a death far worse for the village than that of a villager...

The killing of the Medic, or the Detective?...I wouldn't put it past Ibrow/Tex to pair up a village role with a Hunter.

Edited by The X

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Heh, I wish I was a moderator/admin here, so I could give Lloyd the actual title of Ghostly Prosecutor. =P

Edit:

I ANNIHILATED ALL OF YOU.

*Nearly

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

...hey, guys? Guess what? I did have a plan, and it worked.

I triggered a frantic series of vote switches that lasted throughout the entire voting period and prevented the outcome from becoming obvious until the final hour. If I really wanted to prevent the double-hang, I would have let you all assume that the period would time out with no new votes, before swinging in at the last minute to tip the balance. But I didn't! I caused chaos. Beautiful, beautiful, chaos. Because I am the deadly fusion of Types One and Two. Been logical does not preclude doing things for the lulz. I serve the lulz to the best of my logical abilities, which means not causing chaos until the moment is right.

PRAISE THE LULZ! PRAISE IT!

bug_animated.gif

Normally I'd call that highly suspicious, Lhik, but I did see that you were online a few times prior to the end of voting without changing your vote, so I'm inclined to believe you're telling the truth. :P

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Aw, you guys! :inlove: You give me too much credit.

Yes we do. :P

Heh, I wish I was a moderator/admin here, so I could give Lloyd the actual title of Ghostly Prosecutor. =P

Edit:

I ANNIHILATED ALL OF YOU.

*Nearly

*Very nearly

...hey, guys? Guess what? I did have a plan, and it worked.

I triggered a frantic series of vote switches that lasted throughout the entire voting period and prevented the outcome from becoming obvious until the final hour. If I really wanted to prevent the double-hang, I would have let you all assume that the period would time out with no new votes, before swinging in at the last minute to tip the balance. But I didn't! I caused chaos. Beautiful, beautiful, chaos. Because I am the deadly fusion of Types One and Two. Been logical does not preclude doing things for the lulz. I serve the lulz to the best of my logical abilities, which means not causing chaos until the moment is right.

PRAISE THE LULZ! PRAISE IT!

So you are a type 3 like me. ;P

IS THIS THE RIGHT TOPIC

IT IS

ARE YOU SURE

VOLTEX ARE YOU SURE

THIS IS THE RIGHT TOPIC

OK

COOL

pms received scene tonight

are you alright

No Tex and IBrow are not.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

What does that blaster run on? It's probably gonna run out of power soon given the amount of times it's been fired.

...Unless it runs on blood. But who would be crazy enough to make a blaster that runs on blood?

X or Lhik would, of course.

~Unit#phntk 1

Edited by Unit#phntk#1

Chapter 5: The Day of the Doctors

It had been only an hour since Unit sacrificed himself to slay Canis when the Detective was found slipping a stolen ID back into a Matoran’s pocket.

Voltex noted the action, mouthing the word “guilty” to the Detective from afar. The Detective nodded, and he and the Host went their separate ways.

It was time to go hunting.

---

“Hey Pulse,” The X said, plopping down next to the other Matoran.

“Hey X,” Pulse replied. “What’s up?”

“Just coming to check on you. You’ve been sitting here awhile,” The X mentioned.

“Yeah… just trying to decide on something.”

“Well, you better hurry,” The X warned. “Somebody is coming. Might I suggest you protect yourself again?”

Pulse didn’t seem overly surprised that The X had discovered his identity. Straightening his bow-tie, he shook his head. “We’ve been protecting me since the first round,” he said. “They’re more likely to go after you or Xaeraz.”

“No, no, no…” a voice whispered out of thin air. “That’s just what they want you to think.”

The X grabbed Pulse and flung him to the side, leaping to safety as the sand where they had been sitting collapsed into a pit that had not been there seconds before. The X stood back to back with the Sentinel as a figure shrouded in shadow darted around them.

“Pulse, you have to get out of here,” said The X.

“No! It’s you they’re after – I’ll protect you.”

Pulse unfurled his wings and took off towards the shadowy figure, who dodged out of the way. Pulse spun around instantly, directing his course right into the hunter.

“Who are you?!” Pulse asked. “Tell me!”

“The Coder,” said the figure with a grin. “Nobody will even remember I was here.”

Just as Pulse realized who it was, the Coder activated a device on his wrist – electricity arced out of it and hit both The X and Pulse, dazing them both as their memories were modified. Tossing Pulse aside, the Coder strode towards The X, who had recovered first.

“Aren’t you gonna give a one liner or something?” The X asked. “The Mysterious Figure always does… and the Father… and the Cloaker did too, actually-”

His rambling speech was halted by the wrist that closed upon his throat. Despite being shrouded in shadows, the Coder was close enough that The X could see every detail about him – and that was when he realized for the first time that maybe, just maybe, they’d all been getting it wrong this whole time.

It wasn’t the Father, who could massacre dozens at night, or the Cloaker, who could protect his fellow hunters, or the Sniper, who could vanish for an entire day, or even the Mysterious Figure with his Staff of Unlimited Power that they should be worrying about.

The Coder was far, far worse.

The Coder, meanwhile, was not even bothering with The X – instead his face was turned away, facing a hologram of Bara-Magna. The X watched as the hologram zoomed in on their location, several coordinates showing. The Coder silently confirmed.

“You won’t get away with this,” The X said. “I know who you are!”

The Coder activated his device again, wiping The X’s memory clean before flickering out of view. The X, too stunned and dazed, remained standing exactly where the Coder had left him…

…while far, far above in space, in orbit above Bara-Magna, one of the giant robot’s arms slowly twisted so that its palm faced the planet below. Its palm glowed with a brilliant white light, until the orbital laser fired upon the desert below.

Pulse, whose memory had been unaffected, realized too late that he had played right into the Coder’s hands; The X wasn’t the Coder’s target… he was merely the bait.

Only one of them was going to make it out alive, and Pulse had sworn an oath to protect The X on this day.

To break an oath as a Sentinel was to forfeit your life.

He was doomed either way – but The X could be saved.

So as the orbital laser narrowed from the size of Metru-Nui to the size of a Matoran, speeding towards their location, Pulse acted faster than should have been possible. Summoning every single fibre of his being, he took off, speeding into The X and unleashing all of his healing powers in one mighty blast, containing The X in a protective shield and flinging the Matoran away as the laser incinerated Pulse on the spot, drilling a hole right to the core of the planet as it did so.

Pulse (Sentinel #2, Codename “Bow-Tie”, Killed by The Coder)

---

Burnmad discovered that the Mysterious Figure was returning for him when a giant laser lit up the sky, flashing behind the Figure like a sign from above. Grabbing the Kanoka launcher that he’d salvaged from the wreckage earlier that morning, Burnmad fired off three warning shots that the Mysterious Figure batted away with ease.

“Where is your little Sentinel protector now, hmm?” the Mysterious Figure asked. “He seems to be occupied elsewhere.”

“You can’t kill me,” Burnmad said with far more bravado than he felt.

The Mysterious Figure laughed. “Of course I can’t.”

The Mysterious Figure pointed the Staff of Unlimited Power at Burnmad and fired; a bolt of lightning struck Burnmad in the chest and sent him flying twenty feet back into a sand dune. Not yet satisfied, the Mysterious Figure drew closer to the downed Matoran.

“I dislike being told off,” the Figure said, “and to survive my attack was the ultimate insult. But don’t worry – while The X will be forced to live with the guilt that he led the Sentinels to their deaths, you will receive a far faster and more… permanent fate.”

The Mysterious Figure blasted Burnmad again and this time Burnmad cried out as the electricity raced through his body. The Mysterious Figure smiled.

“Or at least, it would be faster if I did not need to give you enough pain to die twice over,” the Figure said. “By the time I am done, you will be nothing more than ashes.”

The Mysterious Figure fired again – but at the last second a strange mirror was hurled in the way, reflecting the lightning off into the sky. The Mysterious Figure turned to see the Medic, who fired his syringe gun in warning. The needles did no damage as they embedded themselves in the Mysterious Figure’s armour, but the message was clear enough. With a scowl, the Mysterious Figure vanished in an explosion of pure shadow, sending the Medic reeling. Recovering his balance, the Medic raced down the dune to Burnmad, activating his medipack.

“You’re gonna make it,” the Medic said. “I might be late to the party, but I’m not going anywhere now that I’ve arrived.”

“That’s a relief…” Burnmad croaked, before passing out.

To Be Continued.

Suspects in Pulse’s Death:

-NONE; Accuse and be accused as you wish. The only witness to the scene was The X, but his memory has been wiped by the Coder.

Edited by Tex

What does that blaster run on? It's probably gonna run out of power soon given the amount of times it's been fired.

...Unless it runs on blood. But who would be crazy enough to make a blaster that runs on blood?

X or Lhik would, of course.

~Unit#phntk 1

No, I'd get it to run off the energies of the sun.

SOLAR PAWAR

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Coder, you are going to pay for this. I knew you would be used next.

Medic - keep doing your job, you've been doing great.

Charon and Le Quack/Sentinels - same thing, just remember to make sure that the Detective and Medic stay alive at all costs. Their lives are more important than ours.

---

I know who the Mysterious Figure is as well. Kill a Hunter for us, and maybe, just maybe, we won't block you for once. After all, your erratic behaviour suits you to killing things of all types.

To the rest of the village: VENGEANCE IS REQUIRED, LET'S KILL THE CODER

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Wait a second... why did you reveal The X's identity in the scene?

Never mind, I misread the scene and thought for a moment that The X was another Sentinel. Good thing he isn't; I'd have been disappointed in your hosting skills, iBrow.

And Pulse summed that up pretty well.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

The coincidental thing? I said that one of us Sentinels would get killed when we weren't protecting each other. Self-fulfilling prophecy?

Anyway, vote Man of Miracles. Not necessarily the Coder... but, as a Sentinel, I have good sources. He is part of the Mafia. Any other leads that the Medic, Detective, and other two Sentinels have would be most appreciated.

Edited by Pulse

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

...What? ...I see. Excellent. He was fairly transparent from the beginning. Thank you. For this, I suppose, I won't be cutting your pay. I suggest you go before someone recognizes you.

*tugs on jacket lapels, enters courtroom*

>Music: Phoenix Wright OST, Court Begins

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. I am sorry to tell you that we have not yet identified the Coder. However, we can deliver up yet another Mafian to you for your judgement. I think you might recognize him, as he made quite a stir during the previous trial.

This man, ladies and gentlemen, is Man of Miracles, the Sniper. The helpful Detective Gumshoe noticed his stubborn refusal to admit the prosecution's case in that trial, and decided to investigate him when he got the chance. I am pleased to state that he has been found to have ties to the Mafia. Perhaps we can nip this one in the bud.

Unfortunately, we will also have to sacrifice Valendale for this to happen, but his sacrifice will be appreciated and respected.

-The Ghostly Prosecutor

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf