Bzprpg - Ta-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC:"I don't know if the First Toa are still alive, or were slain after the creation of their stones," the Matoran said sadly. "Makuta may have kept them as trophies, or he may have deemed them just too dangerous for even that base purpose. If we embrace the possibility that the Toa are still living, we must also embrace the inevitability that they are no longer the heroes we need."

test2.png

IC (Oreius)The Ta-Matoran was silent for a while after this last answer. He hadn't expected any better news, but it still stung to know that the First Toa he had placed all his hope on, so long ago, had definitely failed, and, without a doubt, were no longer the destined Toa the Matoran had believed them to be. Even if they were alive, they were no longer the heroes of legend, the heroes prophesied to bring freedom.This raised another, more disturbing question, one that Oreius was reluctant to voice. But he had to."Takua... the First Toa were more powerful than any other Toa. They were prophesied to defeat Makuta; they had the entire island at their backs; the stars themselves told of their victory... and they lost."The Ta-Matoran felt the weight of responsibility settle, heavier than ever, on his shoulders. "How... how are we supposed to defeat Makuta where they failed?"

IC:"Unfortunately, that's not a question I'm able to answer," the Matoran said. "Because I don't know its answer. But the Great Spirit has, so far invested very deeply in this second attempt to defeat Makuta, which leads me to believe that the hour is far more desperate than we know. Mata Nui is engaging far more directly in the affairs of the world than is his wont; I can't imagine the kind of effort it takes him, especially while he is asleep, to have even relayed to me the Second Great Prophecy as I fled Mangaia."

test2.png

IC: Reordin (Charred Forest, Ta-Wahi)Reordin kept quiet, walking to Stannis' right throughout the walk and not saying a word to the Pa-Matoran; as Stannis didn't say a single word back, the Sanctum Guardsman figured that the Wanderer was perfectly fine with this arrangement. The two were almost perfect to work together, despite having so many differences you could fill the Tiro Canyon with them: Reordin, the realistic, handsome, overconfident pragmatist, with eyes that saw in all the shades of gray that came with that distinction, and Stannis, the more plain of the two men, with ambition that was well-tempered by a degree of self-control which Reordin knew he lacked lacked and idealism enough to inspire the entire team to follow him to the ends of the earth. Except Reordin.Stannis, Reordin knew, was gradually growing irritated at his distinct lack of knowledge when it came to faith, or prophecy, or mystical items of power, and though the Ko-Matoran knew and accepted the fact that he'd have to pick up on these things as he went along, the fact that Stannis would have to learn to adapt as well was as sweet as the first bite of a perfectly ripe pear. Thinking about it more, Reordin decided there would inevitably be other things that the scholars of the team would have to pick up; after all, Reordin wasn't about to let Stannis shove his beliefs and practices onto him without giving the other man some of his knowledge, knowledge that only a soldier could possibly know..."So what did you do for the next century, then? Did you just keep moving and moving? Camped out in a hundred huts that you could be all alone in?"-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

ICDorgath stood atop the edge of the crater that had a bridge leading over to the cable car. He had paused for a moment, setting down his metal cart full of dirt and rock, to survey the area. This session of farming had been fast- the speed only centuries of experience could teach you. He had a lot of extra time. Free time.Obviously, a good worker would see this as an opportunity to get more work done, be good, and exceed the expectations. It was their Duty to do so. But Dorgath was not a good worker. He was a betrayer. And Dorgath did not wish to do his Duty to the Turaga. He wished to do it to the Makuta.Because the Makuta was the only alternative. For a second, he wondered if it would be safe to go pray in the charred forest. It was very risky, doing so during work hours. The chances someone could see him were far increased. And it was so wrong. So awful, so dark and twisted and just incorrect in every sense of the word. And that made the idea all the more attractive.He really couldn’t go now, though. He couldn’t leave his cart up here by itself; someone would notice. Dorgath sighed and began to pull the cart down the steep edge. Maybe… maybe he could take an hour or two off of work. He was early, and the lava farmer wasn’t known for being motivated. Yes, that was a good excuse. Just two hours off.It took half of one to get back to Ta-Koro, dump his stuff off, and head over to the dead trees of the charred forest. He shouldn’t be doing this, not during the middle of the day, not during work hours. What was he thinking? The thoughts just ebbed him on. What a major blow of personal disloyalty he was striking.The red matoran soon found his tiny makeshift shrine of rocks and sticks and knelt before it, head bowed, and began to murmur prayers in Old Matoran. At least, the best he could manage of the ancient dialect. Still, even as he did so, a tiny part of him wouldn’t relax, remained worried someone would see.He had to reassure it, massage the little voice in the back of his head. No one would find him. Would they?OOCOpen for interaction

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC, Aurax: Aurax raised a hand after Reordin spoke. "In relation to Reordin's question, did you ever mingle with crowds of Matoran? Or did you hide in deserted places the entire time?" Aurax was really curious how Takua evaded detection for an entire century. There were so many questions in Aurax's head, but this one was the one that he wanted an answer for most.

IC:"I tried to stay isolated as often as possible," the Matoran answered. "I built my own shelters, caught my own food. I moved frequently, travelled light. Self-sufficiency has become something I'm very good at." His pace slowed as the company reached the beginning of a slight incline; the Matoran all tread more carefully, so as not to topple down the hill. Their guide seemed to know where the roots would be before he saw them, as though he was deeply familiar with the area."As for your question, Reordin," the Matoran went on, "I filled my time exploring and discovering new things... There is vastly more to this island than most people see. I like to think that I know it, by now, better than anyone else." He smiled. "Cartography, astronomy, and even a little taxidermy, have become my new hobbies... there was never a dull moment, not when I was seeking higher truth. I loved finding new panoramic spots; they're the best for pondering at. I did a lot of thinking, especially about failsafes for this journey, in case I was captured before I could set things into motion myself. Luckily, none of them have had to be used, yet."

test2.png

IC: "One day you most write down your learnings," Lepidran waxed lyrical, "In more peaceful days, obviously. I for one would love to hear your views on taxidermy, and I'm sure many of my colleagues would as well. We're so afraid of the Rahi we neglect to understand them. If we tried to know more about their customs and ways of life...we'd probably still be eaten by the ones controlled by Makuta, actually... but after, we could try to end the constant struggle against our our environment."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:"The clues..." the Matoran mused, "Were not relayed to me directly. When I fled Mangaia, my former Company in tow, Mata Nui led my feet through the jungles until I reached a place I have not been able to relocate since, though I have tried... The jungle abruptly stopped, and we reached a - what shall I call it - a deep wound in the earth, as though a giant knife had been slid over the flesh of the ground and carved deeply into it. Across from us was a sheer cliff, made smooth by a steady waterfall. We looked down into the gorge, could not see the bottom. "But, propped purposefully next to the edge of our side of the wound was a small obelisk-stone, onto which was carved the clues. They were transcribed, seven clear lines, in a script I knew I had never seen, but that I had nevertheless been made to understand. I knew that this meant the words were important. I thought about them a while, thought on them as they repeated over and over in my head. Seven Matoran, seven clues. It was too perfect to ignore."I finally explained to my Company our situation, that even though our Toa were dead or worse, there was a new chance for heroes. I told them that they must help me keep this secret and do as I said; they agreed. So, I bid all my friends to stand out of earshot. One by one, I called them forward and gave them each one of the clues to remember and carry. Because I dictated them aloud, and they were words of true Prophecy, my company never forgot them... Even until their eventual deaths. I kept the last one for myself, and kept secret that there was a seventh clue. Even then, I suppose I was building in safety measures... I'm glad I was so wise so early."The Matoran was quiet for a few paces before he went on speaking. "But back to the past... Lying near to the obelisk, I found a suitably flat piece of shale, and my hand charcoaled a series of strange symbols onto it. I and asked Hafu to chisel over my lines to preserve them in the rock. He didn't understand what he was carving, but I did. These were the verses of the Second Great Prophecy, words that still resonated in me but whose echo, I knew, was growing weaker. Through my fingers, the Great Spirit translated them into his secret written tongue, the speech of the fliers, as I wrote. I know now that the symbols I was dictating to Hafu were of the Bird Speech. This was the tablet you encountered earlier, Stannis. "On the opposite side of the tablet, I had Hafu copy the same symbols as were on the standing obelisk, the clues. This was another act of surprising foresight on my part! For, surely enough, I lost the passage and rhyme of the prophecy within minutes, and I forgot the clues that were not mine even faster. Mata Nui had made me forget, so that in the event of my capture, the enemy would not discover all. That's why I wanted you to speak me the prophecy, Stannis, when I first met you" the Matoran finished. "Until you spoke it aloud to me, it'd been no more memorable to me than my breakfast last week!" He chuckled.

test2.png

IC: LondarLondar staggered through the charred forest. He had no idea why he was wandering around; he just was. Then, he came across somebody (Dorgath) praying over a small shrine. "So, are you a zealot?" he slurred. Not the brightest of greetings.

Edited by Constructman

ICAs time passed, Dorgath's worry turned into excitement. This was another awesome blow against those awful Turaga and their treachery. Not just praying at night- praying during the day while he was supposed to work. They would be so confused by what he was doing. Those fools wouldn't be able to understand his true motives or the level of Dorgath's understanding. He was doing a lot to hurt their precious society. So he closed his eyes, and buried himself in his work, praying, focusing on the ancient words and the dark and exhilarating meaning he conveyed with them. Every word was spoken delicately but forcefully, each one hopefully reaching the happy ears of the Makuta.He was so enveloped by his praying and reciting that he did not notice the loud footsteps or drunken ramblings of the matoran approaching his shrine. Dorgath was so focused he did not notice the matoran until he spoke. "So, are you a Zealot?" the matoran slurred. Dorgath freaked out. He spun away, rolled over the shrine's row of upright sticks (sorry, my lord) and scrambled to his feet. He dropped his cloak's hood and scrambled to think of some sort of excuse. "I.... uh.... er.... no, no," the words tumbled out of his mouth in the most awkward of fashions. "Uh, I was... uh... not worshiping the Makuta, no, I was... uh.... er... well... you know... not... worshiping..." he let the sentence trail away and waiting for the huge, gray matoran who had just barged in to respond. Thank the Makuta he's drunk, Dorgath reflected, I need to be more careful.

IC: Londar"That's a suspiciously specific denial," Londwr said, leaning on a tree. "But I wasn't gonna turn you in-wait, what am I saying? Oh yeah, never mind, wait, AAAAAAAGH! Just leave it at that I'm not some crazy Mata Nui worshiper; no, I don't really care which side wins here so long as I survive and make some money out of it." The Fe-Matoran rambled on and on, not making much sense, but what sense could be made out of his rumblings was that he wasn't gonna book Dorgath for whatever he was doing.

ICDorgath didn't move anything but his mouth, still frozen in shock and ready to run at any time. "You're just... just a tradesman, right? Yeah, very cool. Just neutral. Just want money, right, yeah, seems good, I can believe that. Know a lot of people are like that, aren;t they, right? Very cool, very interesting."Dorgath took a nervous step backwards.

IC: Londar"Hey, relax! I don't bite. Getting all uptight like that is bad for your health." The blacksmith could not comprehend why Dorgath was so nervous; even if he was worshiping Makuta, why was that such a big deal? "Yeah, I'm a blacksmith," he replied to Dorgath's questionIC: Norkaron"Just a little mroe electricity," she thought. She had been absorbing trace amounts of static from the environment; she now had a decent amount of supply."

IC (Oreius)Oreius frowned in thought. "You seem to make a big deal about speaking things aloud, from the Toa Stones to this clue. Can Makuta really hear everything we say?"He paused, then continued. "When you met me in Ga-Koro, you said you saved me from Makuta's notice, but we weren't saying anything out of the ordinary. What made him take notice then? Can he hear our thoughts? If so, there's no use in trying to keep secrets, but you've obviously succeeded in doing so for over a century."

IC:"I doubt that Makuta can actually hear everything we say, whenever we say it, wherever we are," the Matoran called back to Oreilus, "But I still don't like to take chances; his network of ears has shown itself to be extensive many times in my experience. I think with conscious effort, Makuta can listen in on just about whatever he wants. He may have been listening in Ga-Koro when I met you... I felt... uneasy at the time, and I may have overreacted for that, but there was no way to be too safe. "But generally, I've learned that it's more trustworthy to say things when there's fewer living things around - this forest is too hot and dry for most Rahi, so I figured it was as safe a bet as any. As for your second question, no, I don't think he can't hear our thoughts... if Makuta could hear my thoughts, he wouldn't have let me live as long as I have." The Matoran chuckled a little to himself again, stepping over a crack in the ground that was full of cooling lava.

test2.png

IC: Reordin (Charred Forest, Ta-Wahi)"So what about Tall, Dark, and Studly?" asked Reordin from his place beside Stannis; turning around to meet Takua's gaze, he shrugged noncommittally and made a little twist of his mouth. "About yay high, Toa of Shadow, led the forces at the hive battle..."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Londar"One tall glass and one giant jug full of alcohol. But even if I was sober, I wouldn't be booking you for... Whatever you were doing, even if you were doing, well, (OOC: Something that should never be referenced on BZP). I do have a few makuta sympathies Myseeeeeeeelf," he slurred as he spun around and hit his head on a tree. He was too drunk to notice.IC: Norkaron"Almost full..." she thought. She just needed a bit more lightning to escape.

IC: KiaraniThey weren't far from the Guard HQ.OOC: Constructman. Even if she gather her element, without her mask, she can't do much with it. Without her mask, she loses the ability to use her powers effectively, as seen in the canon universe. She's far weaker physically, as well.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

ICAs Londar stumbled back after hitting his mask into a tree trunk, Dorgath took action.Dorgath whipped out his staff and swung the back end at high speeds towards the back of Londar's skull, aiming to knock the drunk toa out. If he really had consumed that much alcohol, Londar would merely pass of the unconsciousness and headache as a hangover. The feelings were remarkably similar. Hopefully he'd forget anything that happened.

IC:"The Toa Heuani is undoubtedly Makuta's most dangerous known servant," the Matoran responded to Reordin's sarcastically-worded inquiry. "You must avoid him at all costs, and hope that he is too engaged with other matters and obstacles to stop us when we are at our weakest. He's got deadly charisma; if you ever have the misfortune to encounter Heuani, try not to listen to anything he says."

test2.png

IC: My mind files away this latest bit of information automatically, as it obtains all others. The 'Toa Heuani' at the Hive Assault is strong. I saw.Shadow. Flamberge. Supertoa physicality. Godlike.And charismatic...Deceiving, tempting? Like upper Ussalry. Or maybe memories of the days when things were simple.I respect the power of temptation, and I know it now. But I'm not pausing to think much on this. I don't fear it. I've stopped it. It can be beaten. If Heuani tries to play that card on me, then he'll fail.So I just keep on keeping on for now. I put that info away and keep it outta my thoughts about the environment.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

OOC: He's a MATORANIC: LondarThe impact of his head hitting the tree sent him spinning in the opposite direction. He then saw the blur of motion coming for his head. Even while drunk, Londar (hopefully) still remember enough of his swordsmanship training to get out of this unharmed. He drew the smallsword from its scabbard and intercepted the attack. He would have no chance trying to out push Dorgath, but if he cold redirect the strike... While he was at it, he said "Whoa there! You should really try chamomile (or whatever the Mata Nui equivalent is) tea. It really calms your nerves and you look pretty tense right now."IC: Norkaron"Little... bit... more..." She continued to absorb electricity from the surrounding environment. It wasn't much, but hopefully enough to get away and find a new Kanohi. She just needed a little bit more...OOC: I thought that canon said only half (legends 10). Where are you getting your info from?

OOC: Gone for a few months, hopefully my chars can fit in well.....so please,IC: ArgentumIt had been quite a long time since Argentum had been back in Ta-Koro. But it wasn't a long time since his last fight, and with that many going on, his being gone would probably have been a good thing.OOC: Shoot. Open for interaction.

Edited by Jl1223 X

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC: From the same book, plus some online sources. It doesn't matter how much energy she currently has. The Mata were first awoken with full energy, but we're severely weakened when their mask was removed.IC: KiaraniKiarani could see that Norkaron had awoken. Her breathing had quickened to match the needs of a now fully awake brain, and there wasnt much she could do to hide that.Since her eyes were closed, she couldn't see the blow coming that would knocked her back into unconsciousness.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: You didn't say that the blow DID come, so......IC: ArgentumArgentum had saw Kiarani, the guard dude, and Norkaron. While Argentum knew that guards were usually the good guys, he wasn't really much of a good guy himself, and wasn't afraid to attack them if the reason was fine. But he did see the actions of both Toa, and one of them hitting another defenseless one wasn't really a good thing.Argentum half walked, half teleported levitated (my mistake) over, and used his powers over magnetism to freeze all 3 of them from moving. "Hey! I thought that hitting defenseless people was an offense! Why is this poor person stuck like this anyways?"

Edited by Jl1223 X

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: KiaraniKiarani didn't respond, at least not verbally. Before Argentum could realize what was happening, he had sunken into the ground up to his neck, and had been rendered incapable of movement. A tendril of earth reached up to rip off his mask.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: ArgentumBefore the tendril of earth reached him, Argentum activated both his elemental and mask power, his magnetism this time targeting Kiarani's mask to push it away from the face, and his telekinesis holding the pillar away.Argentum: It seems we are at a standoff.....make your move.Athough it was kind of cheap, seeing as Argentum had already planned his next.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: KiaraniKiarani rolled her eyes. Another tendril of earth pressed her mask to her face.With a thought, Argentum sunk into the ground over his head, and it promptly sealed over him. Very soon, he would lose focus due to air loss. Moments after that, he would pass out, and Kiarani would bring him back up.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: ArgentumWell, this was a surprisingly boring fight, Argentum thought as he nudged around. The ground was hot due to it being...well, Ta Koro's ground, but then it was also soft. While this wasn't really useful, he used magnetism to pull himself up, while telekinesis to smash the ground. As this continued, he wondered, I thought I was levitating. And that person, attacking me, for no real reason, wasn't really nice. Isn't that illegal? Deciding to test that theory, he used his magnetism to grab the nearest large metal object that matched the size of Kiarani, and smashed it onto the ground he was under, and started to do so repeatedly as he continued trying to levitate upwards.OOC: JL from Ga-WahiIC: JLJL half walked, half jogged from the lush green forests and lakes and ponds and all that stuff from Ga-Wahi into the Charred forest. He slowed down as he neared the gates of Ta-Koro; at least, close enough to see it. He wasn't expecting much as he strode into the village, but he didn't expecting something which looked vaguely similar to a Toa looking as if it was grabbed by magnetism.

Edited by Jl1223 X

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC: Auron & Aelynn from Le-WahiIC: Aelynn"Its called a volcano, Genius," the Fe-Toa said to Auron, resisting the urge to smack some sense into him. "By the way, where's your huge friend?"Aelynn was right, as Auron would see, Onuzek was no longer following them. For that matter, the hulking Toa was nowhere to be seen.OOC: Sorry, man, but I gots plotz stuff for him. c:EDIT: u ninja...

Edited by Frost Dragon

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -