Bzprpg - Ta-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC (Oreius)While Reordin and Sulov had moved on from Aurax's grave, Oreius remained by the small mound, his gaze fixed on heap of dirt that was all that remained to remind this world of the brave Cy-Matoran. Graves were not a Ta-Koran custom; when a soldier died, he was cremated. Oreius found that custom much more comforting than this one. When he watched a funeral pyre, he felt as though the spirit of the fallen Matoran were released, and allowed to rise amidst the smoke and sparks of the fire. Burial felt more like imprisonment, trapping the dead in the cold earth, doomed to slowly rot.It was a lonely, sobering thought. And for the first time since starting this journey, Oreius was forced to confront -truly confront- the fact that he, too, might not live to see his island liberated.He, too, might fall at the talons of a Rahkshi or an infected Rahi; the blade of the strange Toa, Heuani; even at the claws of Makuta himself. He might end up lying on the ground as Aurax had, his life's blood trickling through his fingers; his life might end in a blast of fire or in the cold touch of razor-sharp steel. And if he gave up his last breath on this Quest, would his companions honour him with a funeral pyre, or would they unwittingly trap him, forever, in the unforgiving ground?This small mound of soil was all that remained to show the world that Aurax, Matoran of Crystal, had ever walked this island. Would anyone ever come here, to this forbidding, isolated part of the Charred Forest, and stand at this grave, and remember what Aurax had done, what he had sacrificed?Oreius vowed that he would. If he survived his destiny, he would ensure that Aurax lived on in legend: the brave Matoran who had given up everything in the quest to save his home from shadow. If he survived.Because, with the shadows looming darker, and the oppressive silence a burden on every heart; with Takua gone and Aurax dead; with deadly Rahkshi lurking somewhere in this burnt forest, it suddenly seemed unlikely that he would live to see the end of this tale. How could any of them live, when they faced a darkness they could not begin to comprehend?The Ta-Matoran pushed these thoughts down; he placed them next to his feelings of unworthiness, and the questions he had that could not be answered. He placed them next to the doubts he had of Mata Nui, and the destiny he had chosen. He closed the door on these thoughts, and locked it tight. Now was not the time to question destiny; now was not the time to wonder at his fate. Now was the time to honour Aurax's memory and Takua's sacrifice, and continue walking the path that was set before him.Standing straight, Oreius sheathed his bloodless knives, then walked over to his fallen Guard staff and picked it up. He turned to the rest of the Company and gauged their strength. The fight had been brief, so he didn't think anyone needed rest; and there had been no injuries, save for Aurax's lethal ones. Reordin and Sulov looked prepared for anything, as always. Lepidran looked pale, but seemed to ready to move on as well. Only Stannis was silent; the Pa-Matoran remained standing over Aurax's grave, his head bowed.Oreius cleared his throat, catching the Company's attention. "Let's get moving," he said. "If our friend-" here he avoided mentioning Takua's name; some of the Matoran's wariness seemed to have rubbed off on him. "If our friend had a plan in case this happened, then we should follow it. Anyway, we need to get out of here, before Makuta sends more monsters our way."He paused, then turned and began walking back the way they had come. He wasn't a leader by any means, but he alone could navigate the unseen pathways of the Forest. So, for now, he would lead.

Ic: The others slowly turned away to follow the native Ta-Matoran away from the burial mound but two lingered. Stannis and Lepidran, the two matoran who had served with Aurax in the Wanderer's Company, had a unique appreciation of the cheery Cy-Matoran's life and ultimate death. To Lepidran he was an honorable comrade who was a perfect companion, resourceful and friendly. To Stannis he was a friend, a loyal follower who truly believed in all that was good. While one man lost a friend, the other lost a brother. The chilling realization that Aurax had taken the bullet Stannis expected was a devastating one, but a fitting end to a steadfast warrior of truth. Aurax had traveled long and hard and had proven himself useful, both as a conversationalist and an engineer. Whoever this 'Leah' was, she would have a hard time filling the niche Aurax occupied.Lepidran finally gently touched Stannis on the shoulder as if to urge the brooding warrior away from the gruesome reminder of the war before walking away, but Stannis still lingered, looking down at the dark soil. He felt slightly redeemed with having a hand in the destruction of Aurax's killer, but it did little to mend his mind of the struggle. He opened his mouth as if to speak but no words came out. Still, the suspenseful pause tugged at Lepidran as he glanced back at his leader. "Everybody, stop! Stannis is about to say something!" he called out, feeling that what was to come was important to hear.A few of the others slowed down. Oreius stopped to turn back and saw the excited Le-Matoran trying to bring the attention of the rest back at the Pa-Matoran. For some reason Oreius felt compelled to listen, perhaps because he could feel that the moment was right to listen. Stannis had lost a dear friend and had remained quiet ever since Aurax's death, and the fact that The Wanderer -- the man who seemed to be lucky wherever he went and was junxed -- was now seemingly about to speak only added to the palatable interest.Stannis' words were simple. He said them quietly, with reverence and thought, tasting the prophetic words as they came out. "Tests they must face and dark foes give chase in all places the heroes shall look," he recited. "Enduring their strife, mortality’s knife, the heroes will find what he took."Mortality's knife," he echoed as he still looked at the mound over Aurax. His meaning was clear to those with the mind for prophesy. Lepidran and Oreius, the two others who could see prophesy when it was before them, felt it, too. Aurax's death was fortold, they understood, as was their quest for the stones. For Stannis, this resounded even more. The anointed one of the chosen smiled happily as he clied tears for his downed friend. He knew that the plan was going as wished. Mata Nui had lost two soldiers for his cause, but no matter how hard the Makuta struck with his sons and minions, he could do nothing that was not willed by the Great Spirit. While the blade of mortality had struck deep into the hearts of the Wanderer's Company, it only made Stannis' own heart rise with hope. Stannis knew and the other two men understood a truth that was evident. What is fortold occurs, and nothing can change that.

IC: OnuzekThe massive Toa answered the questions in typical Onuzek-style, the last to first. "No," the hulking Ba-Toa said, shaking his head, "Pretty-Gravity-Toa-Valria can keep her mask, Onuzek will find new one!" Onuzek then adressed the next question. "Onuzek got in sky by flying!" He said happily as a purple-ish glow surrounded his hands as he demonstrated how. For a few seconds the massive Toa hovered above the ground, before his elemental power dissapeared again. "Like that.""Onuzek doesn't remember how he lost his mask... And Onuzek would like to go to Fire-Volcano-Ta-Koro to get a new one."
IC: (Valria)Valria found the rather large Toa of Gravity an endearing companion already, a pinkish blush colored her face at the "pretty" compliment, remembering her facial scarring and some of the others, she wondered how anyone could still consider her "pretty"."Thank you Onuzek, I'm sure that I'm not pretty though. That is beside the point however." She replied, before placing a hand on Onuzek's arm. "How about we get you a new mask then? Ta-Koro seems to be only a short while away and I was going to be heading there anyways. So would you like to travel with me? What about you Dorgath? I need to get cleaned up anyway...and get some food and sleep." She smiled, a rather infectious smile in how genuine and yet sweet it seemed. It was good to start anew, where no one really knew her name, where she finally felt like she wasn't endangering anyone with bad luck simply by her presence. She started walking and motioned for the small group to follow her."Come on, we shouldn't waste any time, especially Onuzek's." She said.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC"Yeah, I was... just heading back here anyway. When I got curious. Not too many travelers in the charred forest, usually," he said, the ghost of a smile slipping across his face for a split second.He turned without another word and followed Valira and Onuzek, pointing the way for his companions through the oppressive, dark trees.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC (Oreius)Oreius stood in silence at Stannis' words. While it was true that he had a respect for prophecy that Reordin and Sulov, perhaps, did not, he still didn't have the reverence that Stannis did. He believed in destiny not out of blind faith, but because the evidence refused any other conclusion. That meant that he could believe it, but he didn't necessarily have to agree with it. Unbidden, his long-forgotten conversation with Turaga Vakama rose to the front of his mind, the words echoing in his ears as though he had just spoken them:If destiny cannot be changed, then why do we bother trying to survive? If nothing I do has any effect on my destiny, then I might as well lie down and resign myself to death, because it is only at Mata Nui's whim that I live at all.The Ta-Matoran recalled the anger he had felt at that moment, when he had been told that nothing he could do or say would cause destiny to come to fruition any faster. His heart had been filled with a red-hot fire, spilling out of his mouth in a torrent of angry words. He could do nothing? Nothing? All he could do was watch his friends die, and trust that it all fit somehow into Mata Nui's grand plan?Oreius felt that same passion beginning to stir in his heart now, as Stannis counseled the Company to trust in the Prophecy. Everything was going according to plan: Mata Nui had prophesied death, and death there had been. The loss of Aurax wasn't a bad thing: it merely served to remind that the will of the Great Spirit would come to pass, and nothing they nor Makuta could do or say would change it.Was he angry at Stannis? No. Those words had brought him comfort; he could not fault him for that. Was he angry at Mata Nui? Yes, partly: how could the Great Spirit call himself benevolent by foretelling the death of one of his Chosen Ones, and in doing so ensure that it would come to pass? It didn't add up. But, most of all, he was angry at himself. He hated this feeling of helplessness; he was just a puppet on strings, dancing to whatever tune the Prophecy played. His actions were all foretold, measured out inch by inch, every footstep mapped out, following a path that would lead him- where? To victory over Makuta? To death at the hands of his servants? That was the worst part: his life was planned out for him, and along with having no control over it, he had no knowledge of how it would all end.Destiny... it's just another word for something I don't know.Oreius waited, letting the silence wash over him. He would say nothing, for Aurax's sake. For the sake of his companion, dead and buried in the cold earth, he would be silent, and tread this lonely path to wherever it might lead. He had made his choice long ago: he would do whatever it took to save this island, even at the expense of himself. He was no longer a Matoran; he was merely a cog in the great machine of prophecy. And if that was what it took, at last, to bring Makuta down, then he would do it. Stannis dried his tears and smiled, then walked up to the group. Oreius nodded, and smiled sympathetically, then turned and continued walking. Sulov took the rear, and Reordin took the right, each soldier wide-eyed and wary for any sign of further attack. Lepidran walked on the left; he may not have been a warrior, but his sharp senses would play just as important a role if the Company were ambushed. And Stannis walked in the center, surrounded by men who would lay down their lives for him, because he was their messiah, their Wanderer, the man who had walked this lonely road farther than any of them, and knew the mind of the Chronicler better than any other. It was to him they looked now, even if they didn't realize it, even if they didn't want to, because he was the one who knew the Prophecy. And now, the Prophecy ruled them.But, for now, Oreius led the Company, his Guard staff softly thumping the ground every second step, his keen eyes picking out details and signs invisible to others, landmarks that pointed him through this vast and terrible wasteland of burnt trees and menacing shadows.OOC: The Wanderer's Company to Le-Wahi.For those interested, Oreius' conversation with Vakama, where he ranted against destiny can be found here.

IC: Onuzek"But how can Onuzek have time?" the gigantic Toa asked, quite confused by the idea. "And how can time be wasted? Time is time. Right?" Onuzek's entire world seemed to be turned upsidedown for a moment, before he forgot what he was thinking about and happily started to follow Valria. Sometimes, Onuzek was glad his friends did most of the thinking for him. That way he could focus on other things. Like smashing in bad guy's faces. Yeah, Onuzek liked that idea.This was probably a good thing, for everyone involved.IC: Aelynn"Don't have to tell me twice," the Fe-Toa said quietly, and began to follow Auron as he speed walked out of the Koro.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Lord Captain Velric Shrike'For the love of Mata Nui, Banua, we've been sailing for ages! Where in Karzahni is this dock?!' He looked at the chadburn, realising it had been set to "DEAD SLOW AHEAD". He chuckled nervously, and adjusted it to "FULL AHEAD".OOC: I really do wish the Kavinika would get off the ground (metaphorically speaking. For now). What fun we shall have together!
IC (Banua): The sudden leap in speed put Banua off balance, and he fell from the top of the ship where he had been watching the coastling roll past. Quickly lessening the gravity around him, he drifted down to land beside Shrike. "It's close" he shrugged. "You see all the black rocks around here? They come from the volcano, and that's where we're going".

ppg2.png

OOC: I'm going to assume I'm leading the group back to Ta-Koro.IC: (Valria)The walk to Ta-Koro fortunately remained uneventful for the group. She remembered "her" first time through here. It was weird to think there was another Valria and at the same time there wasn't. Valria remembered that awful stutter she had, but she also remembered how badly she had been before she met Agni. Her face lifted for a few seconds before dropping into a frown, and then turning back to a rather normal, slightly emotionless look on her face. Valria hoped that none of the group noticed that smile and frown, cause she would get questions.She didn't want to answer those questions, at least not now. Answering them meant reflecting more and the past had done nothing so far, besides making her ill with guilt.The gate to Ta-Koro was open, the Guards though seemed a little twitchy as the group passed through the gates. It was then that her foot had bumped into a slab of rock left on the group, Valria inhaled sharply as she read what had occurred. Ta-Koro had been attacked, the cable car had been sabotaged and people were killed, it seemed to be their icy friends in Ko-Wahi, the Ko-matoran. She frowned and held onto the slab as she walked through the village, she had found it, it was a pain to find, but she found it. A mask masker selling his wares. He was stout man, with a worn look on his face, the Turaga wasn't weak however, quite a few muscles were visible as he stood their in his apron. Seeing Valria approached he smiled slightly, despite all the grime and dirt she was covered."Well what can I do for you, ma'am? We have a wide variety of masks here for you to choose from. Any mask to fit your need, except well the policy that forbids you from caring another mask around. You could possibly make a trade if you like." The amber-eyed Masksmith said with a smile upon his face. Wasn't often a gal visited his stand, anyone for that matter. The recent law that had been passed really made trade difficult for the poor old man."Oh no, my friend here needs a mask. As you can see he's maskless and I'm a little afraid that if he goes much longer without one he could be hurting badly." She replied respectfully, before motioning to Onuzek."Well he's gonna have to come here himself. Hello my tall friend, your lady-friend here says you need a mask? Maybe I can help you find something you like." He yelled over to Onuzek, motioning for the big lug to come over. He wasn't frightened by the massive Toa, in fact he found the big guy quite interesting, he looked one of the titans he had heard in tales of old. Still it was pretty clear that he was still a Toa.OOC: Frost Dragon, I would say this is one of those times that you might want to consider telling Nuju that you're getting a new mask. I mean I think it should be okay since Onuzek is maskless.

IC- DorgathOnce the group had safely entered Ta-Koro, Dorgath waved goodbye and hurried up the slopes to where the cablecar once was.Inside, he cheered. Those Turaga and their stupid little followers had finally gotten what was coming to them. Some glorious individual had made it explode. In fact, when he arrived at the platform, out of breath, he was amazed to see a good chunk of it had broken off and fallen into the lava below. Whoever this was, they had done something amazing.In awe, he stood at the edge of the cliff, looking in astonishment where the cablecar, the age old method of guard transportation, had been for all of Dorgath's memory.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: LondarLondar saw the thing leave. He rubbed his head to make sure he wasn't seeing things. He then went back to the town. All through Ta-Koro, there was commotion about something. Then he saw what it was: the cablecar, GONE. "Oh my :censored: Mata Nui..." he whispered to himselfIC: NorkaronNorkaron had noticed that Kiarani hadn't responded. "What," she said. "Aren't you gonna check out what went boom?"

OOC: Yep, PM'ed. Nuju says its fine.IC: OnuzekThe hulking Ba-Toa did as he was told, something he was quite good at, and lumbered over to the Turaga. Onuzek smiled happily at the being. The Turaga was nice, and Onuzek liked nice people. Still smiling, the Toa of Gravity looked around at the different masks lining the shelves.That's when Onuzek's face turned from a smile to a frown. The huge Toa knew exactly what mask he wanted, but the problem was that he didn't actually know what it looked like. For that matter, he didn't know what any of these masks were. Now really confused, Onuzek glanced helplessly at Valria and the Turaga."Uh," he said to them, starting to get worried, "Onuzek needs help. Onuzek wants strong-mask-jump-high-lift-big-rocks. But... um." With any luck, the two beings would understand him.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: MarksmanThe Toa of fire left the village heading else where, that was good fight, maybe he will enter the next. OOC: Marksman to Ga-Wahi

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: VhisoliVhisoli walked into Ta-Koro and looked around for a shop named "Tamaran Supermarket." When she found it, she walked up to the counter. Surprisingly, only one staff member was present: Pineas himself. She walked up to the counter. Not waiting for Pineas to greet her, she said abruptly "We need to meet in Ko-Wahi. I need to discuss something with the rest of High Command. It's about that letter I sent you." She walked out of the building, not waiting to see if Pineas followed. She entered the tunnel to Onu-KoroIC Pineas"That was quick," the shopkeeper thought. He had the letter Vhisoli had sent him on his desk. Picking it up, he followed her.OOC: Vhisoli and Pineas to Onu

IC: Lord Captain Velric Shrike'Quite right, Afro. It's a terrible idea to sail into a volcano. However, I'm the captain, my word is law. We sail into the dock near the volcano, which I guess isn't as precarious as previously thought.' He cleared his throat. 'Sorry, went off on a tangent. Anyway, to this new place I don't know the name of!'And sure enough, with careful guidance from Banua, the S.S. Kavinika docked in Ta-Wahi. Shrike strode off the steamship confidently, breathing in the sea air. 'Warms the cockles of your heart.'

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: Kaijon
IC: Vohon's eye shot up towards the visitor. He squinted and looked up and down at Kaijon. His eyes then widened when he recognized the individual."Why, you're Kaijon Richlag!" said the Trader, "The landlord"Vohon reached down under his table and rose again holding a small stone tablet in his hand."I know much about you. I will forward your information to the people in Ko-Koro," Vohon said, "In the meantime, keep this tablet. It has the location of our meetings, as well as the date and time for the next one"Vohon extended his arm and gave the tablet to Kaijon."They will want to run checks, but everything should be squared away by the day of the meeting," the Ta-Koronan said.OOC: CG meeting won't be for awhile. It will, of course, be in Ko-Koro.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: (Valria)"Hmmm, I think your friend here is talking about a Pakari. The Mask of Strength, Toa and Turaga of the Stone and Earth have a preference towards these. The amount of strength a Pakari grants is devastating when wielded by the proper Toa. Or is he talking about the the Calix? The Mask of Fate, which pushes your physical abilities to their max?" He wondered, there were at least two which fit Onuzek's description."I don't know. I think he's just talking about the Pakari." She shrugged, looking up to the humongous Ba-Toa. She wish she knew exactly what he meant. However a little description like that was little to go on. She just hoped how the Masksmith explained them, that Onuzek would choose.

IC: Lord Captain Velric Shrike'Quite right, Afro. It's a terrible idea to sail into a volcano. However, I'm the captain, my word is law. We sail into the dock near the volcano, which I guess isn't as precarious as previously thought.' He cleared his throat. 'Sorry, went off on a tangent. Anyway, to this new place I don't know the name of!'And sure enough, with careful guidance from Banua, the S.S. Kavinika docked in Ta-Wahi. Shrike strode off the steamship confidently, breathing in the sea air. 'Warms the cockles of your heart.'
IC (Banua): "That place is called Ta-koro" Banua informed him. "And you might want to tone it down a bit before we get there. The village guard has quite a retutation for being very serious about their business and suspicious of outsiders, especially unconventional ones such as yourself."

ppg2.png

IC: OnuzekThe hulking Ba-Toa nodded, and said in responce to Valria, "Uh huh, Onuzek means that one." Onuzek frowned, and tried to form the unfamilar word, "Pak-, Pakari."Unfortunately, because his original Kanohi hadn't been the standard shape, Onuzek didn't exactly know what a normal Pakari looked like, but he was pretty sure that the other two beings did. In any case, atleast they knew what the Toa of Gravity was talking about.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: (Valria)"Ah the Pakari, the Mask of Strength. It can be used for just about any occasion." He smiled, grabbing a colorless mask from the rack. He knew like all mask-makers they remained that way until they had reached their owner's face. Depending on how long it had been since the last user had worn it to the new user using it, there was the occasional imprinting of personality. It was one of the strange and yet extremely interesting things about mask lore. He placed it on the stand, motioning for Onuzek to pick it up."Since your friend her is in need, I'll offer you that mask for fifty widgets." He smiled. Valria went to her widget purse and emptied it into her hand. Eventually as she counted out, there was not one coin left. All she had was fifty widgets. She smiled and placed the coins on the table. However what she had done had not gotten past the vendor. "Ma'am I can't take all your coin, it looks like your barely have enough coin as it is.""You type of work isn't as frequented as it used to be, you probably need the coin more than I." She smiled, and the turned to Onuzek. Mentally she was frowning, that was the last of her coin to go on. How was she going to survive? People didn't just offer food for free. "So Onuzek, is this what you were looking for?"

IC: Lord Captain Velric ShrikeHe suddenly pulled out his revolver, and pointed it underneath Banua's chin. This was followed by a confused expression, which was then followed by Shrike holstering his pistol and laughing. 'I suppose you know this island better than most of us, so we'll try to be discreet.' It was, however, very hard to be discreet whilst wearing a greatcoat and, let's be honest, rather fashionable hat.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC (Banua): In genreal, Banua wasn't one to make a fuss. He could sit quiet through difficult situations and work through them later. This meant that, most of the time, he could put up with the captain's eccentricities. He could even tolerate the Vortixx's awful fashion sense, but one thing he would not submit to was the frequency of guns being aimed at his neck, apparently for no reason.He activated his kanohi faxon, copying the abilities of a lava rat. In an instant, his body burst into violet flames, and a wave of heat rolled over the captain. "Don't point that thing at me" he said angrily from the centre of the inferno. "If you want my help, you'd better start acting like it".

ppg2.png

IC: “Yes, the Cultured Gentry has all of their meetings in that region,” Vohon said. “There was time, over a century ago, that the Cultured Gentry was based out of Po-Koro. It was a quite an … interesting sight. Many people, myself among them, questioned the thought of a cultured Po-Matoran”The Trader let out a small chuckle behind his table.“Well, ‘turns out the Po-Matoran founder was corrupt. His name was removed from the roster and that really old Ko-Matoran trader took over. Moved the entire operation to that eternal ice-land”

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Lord Captain Velric ShrikeThe Vortixx gripped his revolver under his coat. 'You dare question my authority?' He said through gritted teeth. He then held his hand out in front of him, a friendly gesture. 'Good. I like my crew to have a fire in their belly. Anywhere else on their anatomy is optional. Would you, Toa Banua, care to join the crew of my ship?'

BZPRPG Profiles

IC (Banua): As Banua cooled down from his outburst, the Vortixx once again defied all his expectations. He didn't know of he would ever be able to predict what this guy would do next."We've already had theis conversation" Banua reminded him patiently. "I already agreed, back by the charred forest there. Now come on, let's head to the village. Isn't that what you wanted?"

ppg2.png