Bzprpg - Ta-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Lord Captain Velric ShrikeThe Toa standing before him seemed harmless enough. The Vortixx holstered his pistol, but kept his hand hovering beside his waist, ready to draw if necessary. 'I am Lord Captain Velric Shrike of the S.S. Kavinika, the wonderful vessel you see behind me.' He relaxed his stance slightly. 'My crew, Erebus and Afro are on-board. And you would be, you curious little man, you?'

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: The Vortixx's sudden change in demeanor was slightly unsettling for Banua. One moment he was making death-threats, the next he was regarding him as some interesting specimen of beetle. That, and his memory didn't seem too flash. "Banua is my name" he repeated. "Mind putting that gun down? My arms are getting a little tired". He raised his arem a little higher above his head, just to make the point.

ppg2.png

IC: Lord Captain Velric Shrike'Oh, of course.' He fully holstered the weapon in question. 'So, tell me everything you know about this island. Are the people hospitable? What are the defensive capabilities of this island? Will it stand up to the glorious might of the Steamship Kavinika?!' He took a deep breath, then shook his head, bringing him back to reality. 'Do excuse me, I've been on the open ocean for quite a while. I'm also delightfully mad.' He drew his holster and fired at Banua's feet, before howling in mock laughter.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: Well, "mad" certainly summed up this being well in Banua's opinion. "Delightful", though, was another question entirely. With a being devoid of marbles, so to speak, he decided to go along with what he wanted. After all, who knew what he would do next? "This island is large and varied" he answered. "Most of the people are deluded cool dudes who think Mata Nui will protect them from harm, and that the three virtues are the answer to everything. There are others who aren't so welcoming, and would mug you for a pair of widgets. As for defenses, there isn't much outside of the seven villages. They can be difficult to get around in, if you want to cause trouble. If you wanted to attack them with just one ship" he paused here, trying to word this in a way that would not give offense, "you wouldn't have to go around telling people you are mad. They would already know."

ppg2.png

IC-Erebus:Erebus watched the interaction between Velric and Banua carefully, and sighed, pulling the captain back."I do hope you don't mind talking to somebody sane," the Toa of Earth said amiably, "But is there an inn-or a proper dock, for that matter-anywhere near here?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: "Sure, why not?" Banua replied to the new toa. He already doubted the claim of sanity, based only on the fact that he was apparentlyworking with the mad Vortixx. "If you must know, there is a dock not far south of here, and a path that leads from it to Ta-koro. It's not much, so if you want a decent port, you'd want to go north to Ga-koro. Most of the ships in this region dock there".

ppg2.png

IC- DorgathThe figure emerged from the ash of the charred forest out onto he main path to Ta-Koro. It was hard to tell in dark, cloudy Ta-Koro, but the sun was setting, darkness was falling, and Dorgath had to hurry home. His rough, gray cloak held tight against him, he continued onwards to the huge gates that belonged to the city of fire. The flickering torchlight beckoned. IC- LaraLara navigated her way back through the streets of Ta-Koro, heading to her hotel. Cirya was probably already asleep there. Lara was full and needed to rest for her next trek tomorrow.She turned sharply, taking a quick shortcut through an alleyway. OOCBoth Matoran are open for interaction

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC-Raxa:This time, Raxa actually projected a slightly confident demeanor, as though he knew for sure what he was talking about, like he was back in his comfort zone."Ever wonder why there are so few Toa of Crystal?" he asked quickly, standing up himself.

profiles i guess

IC-Raxa:Outwardly, Raxa seemed to appear to be considering the choice, which he was...but for completely different reasons than Crystalia would suspect.Onu-Wahi. Hound. Tirus. Gravity. Hajia. All of them could recognize me, and throw this off. Do I truly want to risk it?Then he remembered the words his mentor had always given him: The greater the risk, the greater the reward.Raxa nodded once."Let's go," he said quietly. "Assuming you're ready, of course."

profiles i guess

IC:Miraul shouted,"Lightstones, heatstones and weapons for sale! Come and get 'em!" Divan completed two orders for weapons, earning about a hundred widgets. Shaping the sword and axe was not difficult for the Toa of Iron. Hikari continued to sell the occasional lightstone, her status as a Toa of Crystal allowing her to deal with the weapons easily. Vilak continued to display his swordwork, which hopefully would help create the opinion that their weapons are of high quality-even if the high quality of the swordsmen was what really mattered.OOC:Visaru, would either of your Matoran care to do buisness?Kal, Flex, you might want to note the Toa of Crystal selling lightstone in the street. You don't have to travel that far. Just note you will be highly outnumbered.

IC-Raxa:Raxa shook his head, gesturing at the people around, his sentiment obvious."Even a Huna or Volitak won't keep your actions unknown in this group," he muttered. "We can get him, but in public...no way!"OOC: Saying that you want her to die, Tabby? : P

profiles i guess

IC- LaraLara turned out of the crate filled alleyway into another street. It was, as usual, lined with the cone shaped huts and lit with the flickering light of Ta-Koro torches. She looked up. The Ta-Koro wall, where her hotel was, should be pretty much straight in front of her. She ducked between a few buildings, moving off the road, and ended up staring a flat, featureless, rough wall of stone. She looked to her right and then he left, trying to spot it, but it was well hidden by the huts and dim light.Instead she took a path at random, upset she had gotten lost. Lara had been to the village of fire countless times, and she had though she knew the layout very well. Obviously not. Had she got turned around? A few times she had mistook the wall of history for the Onu-Koro tunnel, but never been this lost discounting the first few times she'd visited. Lara guessed that her memory was getting rusty, so she wandered through the houses, shops, and inns, keeping a wide eye out for a familiar landmark. Before long, she found it; the Ta-Koro square, bustling with activity, even so late in the day. She sighed. Even a bit turned around, Lara knew her way from here. She quickly noted the correct path, down near the shrine, and as she was walking over heard the loud shouts of a village salesman or woman. "Lightstones, heatstones, and blades for sale! Best prices on the block!"Her first instinct was to buy a lightstone; they were absolutely essential in Onu-Wahi. then her thought darted back to Cirya- the toa of crystal could definitely make a good lightstone for Lara. Then again, the Cy-Toa had declined to go with her to get a bite to eat. Understandable, of course, but maybe Lara should just save her the trouble...Nah. Cirya was a good person. She'd give Lara a lightstone if the matoran needed one. But curious anyway, Lara walked over to the booth."How much are your prices?" she asked the merchants.

OOC: I wouldn't say Hikari would die-you'd be dealing with a seven on two fight here. Just pointing it out, because it would be somewhat illogical to ignore what you're looking for when it's right under your nose.IC: Miraul smiled, glad for the buisness. "Lightstones and heatstones are twenty-five widgets, thirty if Divan, the Toa of Iron, needs to make protective heatstone casing for you. Blades are fifty-more custom jobs may vary depending on what you want or for above average size. Divan might actually charge you less, since any blade you use will be smaller. He can make other things, too, of course-tools if you need them. If you can find a lower price, we'll try and match it. Plus, the funds go to a good cause-we're a Toa Team, and thereby protect the Matoran. I really ought to add that to the marketing...Once we figure out a name."

IC:Kohra smiled casually. Jilsud's commentary may have been a sting, but the Vortixx, quietly, regarded it as a compliment. Or she would have, if she had cared about such things at all. In truth, what others thought of her mattered very little, as long as it did not interfere with her plans or was threatening to expose her. So she pretended to be amused, mentally already going over what needed to be done to set her plan into motion. So far, she knew how to get into the guard-post. If Vinathli and Jilsud did a good job she would have enough time to do the work she needed to...now she needed and exit-strategy. And she already had an idea how she would get out of this cleanly again."Jilsud." she said. "I will have to go now and run a few errands." She pulled out a small piece of parchment from her satchel, as well as a piece of charcoal, and began to sketch and scribble a small map, as well as writing down several things. "I will meet you and Vinathli tomorrow, at the appointed time and location. And be on time, it is very important."With that, the Vortixx rose from her seat, to leave the inn.OOC: Haven't abandoned this plan yet ^^

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC-Raxa:Raxa shook his head, gesturing at the people around, his sentiment obvious."Even a Huna or Volitak won't keep your actions unknown in this group," he muttered. "We can get him, but in public...no way!"OOC: Saying that you want her to die, Tabby? : P
IC: CrystaliaCrystalia nodded, "Yes, perhaps we should leave him. If we can't find another Toa of Crystal, then we can return here at night, hopefully find him when he's alone." she murmured so only Raxa could her her.

IC-Raxa:Raxa nodded, a bit surprised (and letting it be shown) by how close Crystalia was to him, in order to tell him just what he needed to know-she certainly didn't care about physical proximity to another being, it seemed. All was well, though, he could roll with it."Let's head off to Onu-Wahi for the day, check back here at night. I know a good place we can stay, other than the Stained Sapphire-Certainly not the best, but hey...the innkeeper and I have an agreement, y'know?" That said, he turned slowly, walking off towards the Onu-Wahi tunnel with Crystalia behind him.

profiles i guess

IC: CrystaliaCrystalia followed Raxa her hips swaying as she walked towards the tunnel that would take them to Onu-Wahi. She'd seen that Raxa had seemed surprised by how close she had gotten to him. Perhaps he was unused to such closeness. Crystalia was very forward and blunt, and she didn't care much about morals or personal boundaries. She followed him, her eyes gleaming a brighter yellow as they began to head into the darkness of the tunnel. "The Stained Saphire is okay, I've stayed in worse taverns." she said. She didn't really have a home, she just slept in whatever tavern suited her while she completed her jobs. She always slept with her knives, just in case she was attacked in the night. OOC: To Onu-Wahi?

IC: Kiarani Josen, Ta-KoroThe village was quiet.For now, at least. The past weeks had shown how quickly that could change, and what happens when it does. The arrival of the Mark Bearers was just the start. At the time, it had been considered big news. Things were happening again. How right they were. A short time later, the best hospital in the Koro was attacked and razed in little over an hour. By a single Ko-Toa. Even worse, most of the Guard was killed mere days afterward in his escape. A battle to reclaim Turaga Onewa from pirates caused massive damage to the harbor.And, as if it couldn't get any worse, one of Makuta's agents waltzed into the village and took Turaga Vakama. No one did, or could have done, anything to stop him.Criminals had forgotten that Ta-Koro once boasted one of the most effective Guards. That once upon a time, justice was all but certain in the village of fire. The Guard couldn't stop them, they were at a fraction of the power they possessed just months ago. The citizens were too afraid to act.It was time for all of that to change.The armored Toa was remarkably quiet, perched on the edge of a roof, watching the square below. Her face was expressionless. She saw everything, the merchants peddling their wares, the people walking through the streets. The sole guard assigned to the area. But she did not yet see what she was looking for. She did not yet see the thieving hands reaching for money when shopkeepers weren't looking, the sudden glint that heralded a violent act. Unmistakable movements, ones forever ingrained in her memory.Kiarani Josen was ready to act. To act in defense of the innocent, and their fragile peace.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC- LaraLara, inside recoiled as she heard the price for the lightstones and heatstones. 30-40 widgets? That toa of crystal certainly had it made if people were buying things at that price. But as the sales pitch went on, she felt more inclined. Tools. Due to the incredible weight of her backpack, she hadn't packed much in the way of tools. "Well," she said, once the talking had ended. "I know it's a bit mundane, but I really need a cup. I've heard there are a few good springs in Onu you can use if you bring a cup." she smiled ironically. "Little boring, but practical, I suppose. How long are you guys gonna be here?"