Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC (Cael)

The healer bit her lip, looking from Rit to Joske and back. Though the Toa of Fire had begun by apologizing (probably the best thing he could have done), she wasn't completely sure that Rit would want to have anything to do with it. It was possible she would want to start right where they'd left off: heatedly debating what it meant to be a Toa.

Cael remembered that day well; it had been a unique day in many respects. She recalled that neither of them were completely in the right: both of them had said some unkind things, and both of them were biased. Joske had attacked Rit for not doing enough as a Toa, but he'd only been one for a few minutes; it was unfair for him to criticize others when he couldn't possibly understand.

Rit had been trying to defend herself, but she was already... well, sort of misandric, as far as Cael could tell, and Joske's words hadn't helped that at all. Neither of them were in the right, but that didn't matter. They had bigger things to worry about than an argument: defeating Makuta, for one.

The Toa of Water stepped between the two other Toa, laying a hand on the Ko-Toa's shoulder.

“Rit,” she said warmly. “It's so good to see you! What are you doing here in Le-Koro?”

Edited by Eyru Bieber

IC: Rit And Joske apologized, which made me all the more curious. It seemed my suspicions were being confirmed, something major had happened and I needed to know what. The bad blood we my have in the past, I was willing to overlook that for now. I was more curious as towards his being chosen, what was that was so special that Mata-Nui was putting Faith in him, why did Mata-Nui trust him? I removed Cael's hand from my shoulder, and gently pushed her aside, all the while my eyes remained fixed on Joske. It was time I got down to the bottom of this, and quite frankly a fight had never been my intention to begin with. Fighting was a last resort, and besides this Koro had experienced enough fighting yesterday, it didn't need more. "Joske," I spoke, not acknowledging his apology, that wasn't of my concern right now, "From what I've been able to deduce, you're apparently on some sort of mission. At first I assumed it was some sort of vanity quest, an attempt to boost your ego. Evidently I was wrong, for some reason I can't fathom Mata-Nui has chosen you for something, what else can explain the plethora of miracles you keep receiving." Yes, I still hated the fact that Mata-Nui was so unfair as to just give him the miracles and not the rest of the island, but again that wasn't the matter of concern right now. Right now, I had to make sure to play my cards right, to prevent ignition of Joske's massive temper, I wasn't in the mood for another explosion. "Now, somehow this mission of yours is important enough for you to have dragged Cael out of her home, I do hope you've apologized for that. Now, I trust her, and I expect she's here for a purpose I can relate to." Now came the part I'd been mulling over, the part that had been tearing at me for the time since I noticed Joske's new purpose. "You see Joske, I'm going to be joining up with you." It wasn't a request, it was a demand, "As for my reasons, let's just say I don't trust you, not on your own at least. You need someone who isn't going to just randomly going to charge into every fight and quite frankly I'll be dammed if I'm gonna just trust the faith of the island in your hands. You've yet to prove yourself capable." No, I did not fancy traveling with that pig. However I could not just let him run a muck, I didn't have any trust that he wouldn't just screw everything up. Plus, I suppose I also needed a reason to see why Mata-Nui had chosen him, of all people, I needed to make sure that Mata-Nui had made the right choice, because quite frankly I wasn't convinced yet. Keeping my emotions contained as ever, I kept my gaze firmly rooted on him, "Do I make myself clear?" OOC: I'll be traveling out of country over the next 2 days and then I'll be there for a week. I doubt I'll have Internet while traveling, and the chances of having access there are slim as well. So feel free to bunny Rit along if necessary.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

[iC] The surprise had worn off quite quickly. "Ah, what a fine specimen..." Muttered Petorgas, while examining the sword. "900 Widgets." He said to the gruff warrior without looking up. A Le-Koronian matoran stopped him when he was walking to his Forge. "Hey, Engineer-Handyman! You were supposed to quick-repair my plumbing!" Petorgas stopped. Even he, an antisocial Vortixx, couldn't help but feel somewhat guilty. "Sorry, Wairhu, but I have to fix up some brute's sword. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow morning." An idea formed in his precise, calculating mind. Y'know, I haven't been very kind to people here. Maybe I ought to. "I'll do it for free." He said. The matoran rejoiced. A small, slight grin emerged on Petorgas' face. Time to go to work.

Morally unambiguous.

"So, we would like to join the ILF. It seems you are in need of new recruits," Sulkua said, referring to the sacking of Pala-Koro.

OOC: Lazy filer post. IC: "Sure, sure," Kethrye replied, stopping an holding out his hand for the two to shake. "Welcome aboard, and all that. Now, if you would let us get back to business. . ."
/END QUOTE/////IC: Kiron and Sulkua"Oh yes, of course. Once again, thanks." Kiron shook Kethrye's hand. So did Sulkua.They walked over to a nearby restaurant to eat.OOC: Thanks, Javert. I'll be not disturbing you all, then. Happy Stop-Ambages.

OOC: A shortsword's blade and a metal shaft, about 1.5 meters long. I need you to attach the shortsword blade on one end, and then balance it out on the other.

IC: Slate

900 widgets wasn't going to be paid. As Petorgas walked, so too did Slate, who followed the Vortixx. He wanted to make sure his weapon was perfect. And when that was done, he wanted to make sure Petorgas didn't take advantage of a situation like this anymore.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC

[Le-Koro Disk Range; midday]

"NO."

I don't know who was more surprised: Cael, Rit, or myself, all for different reasons. Something was rising to the surface within me, much like the moment I froze Utu solid with my heat abilities... yet different. Different because at my hip I felt a strange warmth, emanating from the same belt compartment that I was currently keeping the Crystal of Courage. It wasn't like a power surge, or some sort of ability being pumped into me... no, the crystal was inert as far as I knew. In my mind's eye I could see it glowing in my pocket - a reminder. About Courage.

Sometimes you had to stick up for yourself too without being obnoxious about it.

"No, Rit, that's not how things go. You are not entitled to walk all over me and demand things simply because you do not trust me."

Deep down there was an inferno raging, but on the outside I was remarkably calm, as if this fire was fueling my spirit. In my fear of myself I had grasped onto the destructive part of fire, the all-consuming flame that laid waste to Koro's and countrysides, that destroyed lives and futures. Yet there was another side to fire that was rarely mentioned but used every day: beneficial fuel. It was fire that heated the food so that it could be cooked and consumed; it was fire that heated the water for steam and power; it was the heat and warmth of fire that people of all ages would sit around telling stories and legends, spreading comfort with it's flickering flame. Fire could consume you, or it could fuel you. I had learned Courage, but it was just a single lesson; the Principles relied on each other to fully function. What was Courage without Faith? Just because you could face down your demons didn't mean you believed you could, let alone believe it was the right thing to do. Having Faith in yourself and what was just and right allows you to have Courage when facing those tasks, giving you the backbone and foundation to stand up and resist your fears and failures. They worked hand-in-hand, one cannot function without the other. This was the true lesson of Faith.

"Rit, I am sorry. I am sorry for what I said back in Ga-Koro. I was wrong in my arrogance AND my ignorance, and I apologize for my stupidity. But just because I was in the wrong does not automatically make you in the right. Not in any sense of the word."

I took a step forward, by speech slow and steady. Yes, there was emotion in it; a great deal in fact. I was a Ta-Toa after all, and fiery passion was a part of my very being. But that didn't mean it had to be out of control; I could still be passionate yet reserved. I've experienced the hard way already that shouting didn't get anywhere, and in fact only made matters worse. So this time I spoke quietly, yet with force, our masks close.

"No Rit, it takes two people to dance, and two people to make an argument, and it would seem as though we are not that different. You waltz in here making demands, expecting me to follow them based on some misguided assumption. Assumptions, Rit, and you are making A LOT of them. I have apologized now, twice, and you have completely ignored it. You have made assumptions on my character and what I am doing. You have made assumptions on Cael's involvement. And clearly your demands are just because I am untrustworthy and you have no faith in my abilities. I am not saying those assumption are without bias; had you said those things three months ago there is nothing I could say in response without showing my true colors as an ignorant narcissist. A lot can change in a few months, let alone a few days... a lot can change."

I stared at the floor for a second, reliving the memories of just the past three days and how life-shaking they had been to me before looking dead in the eye again. "I am sorry that you cannot trust me. I am sorry you do not have and faith in me, my abilities, or in the Great Spirit for giving me this chance. That does NOT however give you the right to trample myself or anyone else for that matter if they do not meet up to your standards, what you believe is right. I have already learned the hard way what you think is right and what is really right, as in Absolutes, can be completely different. It would seem as though I'm not the only one here with an ego Rit."

There, I'd said it. "It takes one to know one, and I'm sorry to say I'm not the only obstinate Toa standing here that's had a problem with inflated opinions and overgrown self-righteousness. Unless the motive and heart and really in the right place its slippery slope that can lead to misguided justice. I don't have to prove myself to you, those that need convincing have already made up their minds. Yes, you ARE going to have to trust me and not only put the fate of the island on my hands, but in the hands of six matoran who are currently running for their lives from an army that the Makuta himself sent after them... because you're not coming with. And that's final. Whether you like it or not."

I made a gesture with my right hand to emphasize the point. "One of me was bad enough, the last thing we need is two. I cannot stop you from following if you so choose, but I AM NOT going to invite, or otherwise let you join us; and yes, us, not me. And if you wish to argue the point I will be more than happy to do so the same way I argued with Utu, except- "

I stopped mid-sentence, feeling a familiar gentle sensation on my shoulder. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Cael's hand on it, her head nodding slightly. Her face wasn't full of worry, but it was getting there. I... I took a breath and stepped back, realizing that despite my best attempts I was racing for that edge without realizing it, feeling that previous burn inside of me extremely intense and more livid now. I silently thanked Mata-Nui that she was there to keep me from going over the brink and losing what ground I had just gained.

I still had a ways to go.

"I'm sorry. Hopefully the next time we meet it will be under better circumstances, perhaps then able to work out this bad blood between us. Until then- "

With that I walked away, moving around her and out of the disk range, my feet taking be back towards the center of the Koro. The walk was done in blessed silence, giving me time to compose not only my thoughts, but my composure as well. That wasn't the easiest thing to do, and I'm sure I ensured myself yet another enemy, but it wasn't my choice. Rit and myself simply didn't see eye-to-eye, and right now hashing out old wounds wasn't going to get either of us anywhere, let alone the other crystals on this time crunch we were experiencing. Still, a part of me DID feel bad, something a few days ago I would have laughed at. I knew what it was like to be obstinate and misguided... something I knew that ALL to well.

We happened to pass the Turaga's hut on the way to the square, and to my surprise the door was open with two guards posted outside. They smartly saluted as we walked by, one of them speaking.

"Fly-Captain and fire-spitters await you inside up-tree."

"Huh, so Agni came through after all... "

I wasn't really surprised, more just thinking out loud. Kongu was waiting within, and before a word could be said he pointed upwards towards a single vine hanging in the room. With a shrug I followed the same path Agni took before, eventually finding myself and a platform made by a convergence of several large branches, Agni, Tuara, and Angelus waiting for us. As I helped Cael up the remaining few bios I heard Agni clear his throat behind me.

"Sorry! Ran into an... old acquaintance." I mumbled, brushing off the leaves that I had accumulated during the climb. I looked past the group at the odd contraption built into the tree, rather curious myself.

"So... what do we got?"

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: Leli

The dakipi still held tightly under her arm, Leli entered her hut. Build in the style of most Le-Koro buildings, it wasn't that big, but had multiple floors. Each was crammed with various items she had picked up during her travels. From rahi skulls to pressed leaves, Leli seemed to have it all. The green-armored Matoran set the dakipi down on the desk that was covered in maps and scrolls, the rahi just contently seating itself on the top.

From there, it tilted its head, watching as Leli grabbed her pack, and started to throw seemingly random supplies inside. A lightstone, a pair of gloves, a map, two handfulls of widgets, heatstone container, something that looked suspiciously like the blasting explosives used by Onu-Koroan miners...

That really couldn't have been good. Well, it seemed the dakipi didn't think so, as it promply backed away. Leli placed her hands on her hips, and glanced around her junk-filled hut. With a nod, the Matoran spun completely around, swinging the pack onto her shoulders. Grabbing the dakipi and holding it under one arm, Leli made her out of her hut and towards the elevators.

Soon, the Matoran caught an ussal ride to the Onu-Koro Highway, and was on her way to the village of Earth.

OOC: Short post is short, but I need to get here over there. :P

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

Leah reached out slowly, then carefully put her hands around Reordin's, trembling anxiously. Ko-Koro had taken an enormous toll on them, more emotionally than mentally. "It's okay..." she whispered, pulling his hands a little closer. "I know you didn't."

She let go with one hand and lifted it up to the Ko-Matoran's face, lifting it up so she could look him in the eyes. He did look terrible indeed. He had been with the wanderer far longer than her, so what could she say to him that would lift his spirits right now? Nothing, that's what. But she could try to at least keep Reordin from going further down into this state of mind.

"I can't really imagine what you are feeling like right now. But I have a pretty good guess." she said softly, still holding his cheek. "I'd like to do nothing more right now than to go back and help Stannis and Oreius. But we both know that's exactly why we can't go back now. We have to get the stones. And in order to do that we'll have to keep up our strength. And that includes a good nights rest."

She let go of Reordin's face and reached across his shoulder, pulling him into a light, but comforting embrace. Her mouth next to his ear she softly said: "I feel terrible about what happened as well, believe me. Tomorrow, I can get us some Gukko to get wherever we need to go quickly. Okay, Lt?"

IC: Reordin (Le-Wahi)

Silence, for a long, drawn out several moments. Reordin gave himself up to Leah's embrace, hugging her back lightly, a collage of images, sounds, ideas, bouncing around in his head. Stannis and Oreius still have two of the stones, part of him wanted to scream out, and we have to get them or this whole quest means absolutely nothing and we're up the bloody creek anyway. There are God knows how many servants of Makuta and Rahi after both of us at this point, and logically, it was impossible to actually pull this off at this point.

Aw, c'mon, Reordin. You're Chosen, Leah's Chosen, Stannis and Oreius are Chosen. They were meant to pull this off. He just had to have a little faith--

"Oh, son of a..." he whispered back finally, grinning to himself at his own personal internal joke. A small chuckle escaped him, quiet at first, vague, like the sounds of a Matoran pulling himself up from the Bay after nearly drowning. That kind of gasp, followed by a laugh, then another. "I am become Stannis."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: [Vaisaga]

Sometimes in life, there were moments in which you had absolutely no idea what to do, other than hang around and try to think of things to do. Of course, because you would have no idea on what to think of doing, you would waste time doing pretty much nothing but think about what to do. So you would pretty much do nothing by trying to do something.

Strange, I know, but do you really expect me to come up with a better explanation?

It was in this state in which we find our favourite androgynous Toa of Air, who is currently sitting on his bed, thinking on what exactly he was supposed to be doing. Due to his lack of a strategy guide, he was failing in this attempt to remember what he was supposed to do, which pretty much boiled down to: "find the person who knows the truth of his clichéd past, which was sad and tragic so all the Mary Sues could 'comfort' him and turn him into a mindless drone that would serve their every command.

Wait, what was I talking about again?

Oh right, Vaisaga and his lack of real ability to do anything.

Other than being the generic trap of the BZPRPG, which defines him as the guy who is really, really girly and can be mistaken for a female very easily unless told otherwise, there were actually no real redeeming qualities to him. Of course, one could say that being a trap wasn't a redeeming quality, but that's just like, your opinion man. He could be actually a girl pretending to be a girly guy who looks like a girl but is actually a guy but is actually a girl pretending to be a guy, but not even I will try and make a train-wreck of explaining such a situation.

I think.

But I digress: the Toa of Air had no idea what to do, and Rit had gone off to do whatever she did in her spare time (See: trying to join the 'cool kids' that hang around JOSKE NIMIL: HERO OF THE BZPRPG), which meant that he couldn't make small talk with her. Although he wouldn't be able to even if she was nearby, because her puppeteer was prone to long periods of inactivity, and was currently chilling on the Indian Sub-Continent at the time of writing.

The solution to all this?

Vaisaga promptly fell back once more and went to sleep.

(Genius, I know.)

IC: Kehuri (Near the Fowadi, with Naru and Kethrye)"Right," said Kehuri once they had gone, "Could have used the extra hands... But either way, as I was saying, Ambages' hearing, as a Matoran of Sonics would easily trump a Huna, and likely a Volitak as well, so our options are a Mahiki-created disguise, a simple spy, and/or an Iden."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:

A flash of silver flew through the air as a young, moderately pretty Toa of Lightning (y'know, me) flipped through the sky above Kethrye, Naru, Kehuri and the rest of their group, ending up in a classical three-point landing behind them. With a grunt of exertion, I kicked up off of the ground, crossing the distance between me and the gang quickly, before settling into a gentle stroll beside them.

"Hey sir, did I miss anything?" I asked with a quick wave and bright smile, an image slightly marred by the long, fresh scratch across my Kanohi, passing from my left cheek to the middle of my forehead.

IC:

"Oh Kaaaaaaaaa-"

WHUMP!

If anyone were to look in the general direction of that cry, they would've noticed a Toa of Stone lying face-down in the mud, remarkably close to where Naona was at that very moment, as if some metaphysical being had decided to pluck him there so that someone would find him.

Which of course, couldn't be farther from the truth.

IC:

Walking, climbing and swinging through the jungles of Le-Wahi, I constantly found myself feeling grateful towards the Toa who had healed my hand. She had been willing to help me, even though she didn't know me, didn't know if I was dangerous.

And then, she left. I didn't even ask her name.

I realized something as I trekked across the swamps of my homeland: that mysterious Toa was a hero. No, maybe she hadn't fought in a glorious battle, or gone on a great journey. But she was out there, in the world, helping people in need, without any thought of reward.

Could I say the same thing about myself? Me, the adrenaline junkie, the fighter, navigator, who was pretty much next to useless outside of a scrape, and even then, needed to be saved by a group of Toa?

Heroics was my goal in life, but I didn't even know how to do that. What was I supposed to do now?

Slowly, I managed to make my way to a small clearing, just in front of the Le/Onu-Koro highway. I had hardly ever come this way, but I had heard of it. At the cave entrance, was another Le-Matoran (Leli) with a dikapi, hitching a ride on an ussal.

Now, pretty much my entire life has been characterized by not thinking to hard about things, but today, at this moment, I, Lumira, was about to not think things through even further.

"Hey, you there! You looking for a guide?"

OOC: Hey Gravs, mind if Lumira tags along with Leli?

IC:

Phoenix Blade, for about the thousandth time in his existence, had no clue what was going on. The battle was over, the fires were all out, and the bad guys were all gone.

But still, he had no answers and no path to go on.

Somehow, the Toa managed to stumble to the closest building he could find, which happened to be a hospital. Now, generally, responsible hospital staff wouldn't let strange mutes into such places, but given the state of disarray that the village was in (not to mention of all of the staff being terrified of the massive Toa walking through), Phoenix had very little trouble strolling around, marvelling at even the most mundane of objects, until he came across a particularly curious room.

Inside, was a being reminiscent of Skaarn, but... not nearly as scary, more noble and warrior-ish. His armour was red, much like Phoenix's, and he was lying, prone, on a bed. (Ril)

Remaining silent as always, the Toa merely stood by, watching Ril intently, with a childlike curiosity.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Oh Kaaaaaaaaa-"

WHUMP!

If anyone were to look in the general direction of that cry, they would've noticed a Toa of Stone lying face-down in the mud, remarkably close to where Naona was at that very moment, as if some metaphysical being had decided to pluck him there so that someone would find him.

Which of course, couldn't be farther from the truth.

IC: Argentum

Flying rock Toa were a rare occurrence, especially here in the jungle of Le-Wahi. But Argentum was barely surprised by such happenings; This was, of course, Mata Nui.

Slightly amused, he watched and waited for the Toa of Stone to pick himself up.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

"Hey sir, did I miss anything?" I asked with a quick wave and bright smile, an image slightly marred by the long, fresh scratch across my Kanohi, passing from my left cheek to the middle of my forehead.

IC:

"Not really," Kethrye said in reply, grinning at Plagia's reappearance. Hey, now at least some of my old friends are still around, was getting worried there. "We're just going over here to escort Turaga Matau back to Le-Koro, and hopefully find out wherever the rest of us all went. Seriously, where the karz is everyone?"

Edited by Javert

IC:

I smiled, stretching my sore muscles, "Can't help you with that question, sir, sorry. Maybe they all went for a drink?"

IC:

Slowly, painfully, Rynekk shifted his weight so that he could turn his head, in so doing, spotting Argentum. In any other circumstance, the Toa probably would've asked him for some help, but he was in far too much pain to vocalize his needs, and simply let his head slump back into the mud.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

I smiled, stretching my sore muscles, "Can't help you with that question, sir, sorry. Maybe they all went for a drink?"

IC:

"After what's been happened the last couple days, I really couldn't blame them." said Kethrye, sighing and beginning to walk towards the Fowadi's gangplank. "But time is short, so short be really shouldn't h=just be standing here, let's get moving."

He strode up the ship's plank and headed towards the Turaga's cabin.

Edited by Javert

IC: Kehuri (Near the Fowadi, with Kethrye, Naru and Plagia)The Toa of Earth's mask shifted from a frown to a huge smile at Kethrye's take on his plan. "Thanks! That's the best compliment I've had in... Probably ever." His heart throbbed with confidence at the ILF leader's words. It seemed he had discovered a talent, something he had never cared much for before. His eyebrows shot up as Plagia landed next to them. Her flawless acrobatic skill reminded him of his complete lack of experience, and general lack of good physical shape. He needed training, and he bet the ILF would be perfect for that. Upon seeing that the newcomer was a female, his heart leapt into his throat. Whole life spent with hardly any interaction with members of the opposite gender, and suddenly he was traveling with two. If he hadn't been wearing his mask, one would see his face erupt into a furious blush. He would have to get used to this.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:

I chuckled softly, silently following Kethrye onto the ship. Typical Keth, so serious that it was almost funny in its own way.

Suddenly, my gaze flicked over to the Toa of Earth walking next to me, clearly very uncomfortable. And based on the way he kept checking me and the sole other female of the group, I had a fairly good idea why.

"So," I grinned at Kehuri, "Do I know you? Anyone who's a friend of Kethrye's a friend of me..."

IC:

Rynekk spluttered something incomprehensible, slowly dragging himself to his feet, too stunned to brush the mud off of his coat.

"It was, uh..." he finally managed to say, a weak smile, "Well, I think it was an experiment... I'm not entiiiiiiiirely sure. All sorta a blur, y'know, ma'am?"

IC:

"Hey there random stranger. Why are you staring at me. It's creepy."

Phoenix Blade blinked twice, not entirely certain of what was going on. The Toa of Fire who was lying on the bed seemed harmless enough, but, then again, Skaarn had seemed harmless enough.

"Hey there, friend," he rumbled in a mish-mash of words from both Ril and Skaarn's mouths, "Why... are... you... there?"

-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Oh, son of a..." Reordin whispered after a long, quiet time, held by Leah. Then he chuckled and looked up at her, saying: "I am become Stannis."

That made Leah chuckle as well. "Well, unless you start to walk off without looking at our map in order to 'wander', I don't think you need to be worried about having a little faith."

She looked back over her shoulder at the others, then nudged Reordin in the side. "Dinner is ready. Come on. We all need food and you especially need some rest."

---------------------------------------

Agni looked at Joske as he finally arrived at the temple entrance. He was about to welcome him, when a single particle of pollen found a way into his mouth. He cleared his throat. Which Joske apparently took as a non-verbal reprimand for being tardy.

"So...what have we got?" the Toa of fire asked. Agni coughed once, then pointed at the contrapition and said: "Slots for each of the charms and a riddle for each. If these all work the same way, the riddles indicate the order in which to put the charms into their respective slots."

Agni pulled out the two charms he had kept safe until now and handed them to his protegé. As he handed them over, he recited the inscriptions for each slot:

"In Darkness, Light; Strength of Numbers; Word of Honor; Faith Grants This. "

The veteran shrugged. "I considered trying to place the ones we already have in their right place. But now that you're here, the final part is up to you. This task was appointed to you, kid. I doubt we others could unlock these places."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

Rynekk pushed off of Naona, quickly bringing his right foot back to steady himself in the sloppiest stance ever used by a warrior, wildly swinging his arms in a vain attempt to stop any momentum from sending him tumbling back to the ground.

"Ma'am," he began, slowly gaining more clarity of mind, "I can assure that I'm not drunk. I was merely attempting to swing my way back to the ship."

The corner of his mouth jerked down suddenly, as he realized how moronic he sounded right now. He decided not to add how he was also using his Kakama while swinging. No need for her to lock him away before it was required.

Suddenly, the last part of Naona's short rant sunk into Rynekk's brain, and his expression switched to one of utter bewilderment, "Dehakz was drunk?"

IC:

The Toa didn't visibly acknowledge Ril's answer in any way, as his mind was busy analyzing the flood of information that had been pumped into him. Cracked ribs, Pala-Koro, sitting on exploding walls? These were completely foreign concepts to him.

Slowly, with all of the grace of a Skakdi doing the pole-vault, he clomped over to Ril's bed, leaning down to get a better look at the Toa.

"Help...you?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: [Naona]

"Yes, Dehkaz was drunk," replied the somewhat irritated guard. "Now stop stumbling around so I can drag you to the Fowadi."

IC: [Ril]

"Don't worry. All I need to do is lie here until they sort of mend themselves back together. I actually don't know how it works, but I'll just listen to the doctors on this one."

IC:

Rynekk gave a barking laugh, a look of genuine happiness on his face, "Of course, ma'am, right away!"

With that said, the Toa of Stone glanced over to Argentum, and, with a twinkle in his eye, he added, "Good meeting you!"

And with that said, he turned and started walking towards where he assumed the ship was, leaving two Toa most likely thinking that Rynekk Simul had finally gone around the bend.

IC:

"Ah," the Toa said, the closest thing to original conversation that he had come to with Ril, before letting his legs go out from beneath him, dropping into a sitting position on the ground.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Crew from Ga-Koro.IC. Bay.The boat slid in smoothly to the beach, and Daylaria stopped the engines. If she ran into trouble, she was kissing her ride goodbye. Sliding her hand across the hull as she leapt out, she headed towards the village of air with the rest of her company. She smelled the jungle air as they traveled to Le-Koro, and she loved it. No cheap candle stuffed in a corner in her office could ever compare to the experience of breathing in the trees. She almost wanted to take off her shoes and feel the grass between her toes. Maybe those Toa of the green had the right idea.Then she realized how horrible taking her shoes off would have been. The clink of metal under her was a sick dagger into the side of her perfect world. She looked across the forest, blessing her eyes with the view of the trees, but cursing them with the view of the ground. Corpses were scattered throughout the field. Armor pieces were jutting up out of the ground like the one her foot had knocked against. One sword was stabbed into the dirt, about halfway down the blade. There was writing, but she couldn't see it from her angle. Withdrawing the blade from its muddy bondage, she straightened it and read its engraving. Xa-Koro. The Islet slums. The ones she had thought to be dead, along with other Ga-Koroan officials. The army of Xa-Koro was very much alive. The normally peaceful Toa of water was given to anger and burning hatred in that moment. They would die if they had hurt Le-Koro.She activated her mask, and called to a flying beast. The Gukko landed before her, and it recognized the look on her eyes. Even its primitive brain could associate those kinds of feelings. Then, to the surprise of the rest of her company, she began speaking with it. To them, it was incomprehensible, a mixture of normal speech, clicks, and whistles."What happened here, beast of the air?""Great battle. Little death for us. No survivors for them.""What were they attempting to accomplish?""Not know. Only know it was not accomplished.""Where did they come from?""Came from the seas. Left to Karzahni.""Who of Le-Koro died?""Not know."She patted the bird's head, nodding to it. It flew off into the trees with the rest of its flock. She turned back to the group, her eyes still red in burning inner fury. However, some of it had transfigured itself from malice to worry. Le-Koro had been attacked. Who was next? Could they handle an attack? Would one Koro fall to invasion? She motioned for the rest of her company to follow her into Le-Koro. She had too many questions, and she still had to find Ralin.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC-Praggos:

Praggos looked about the ground around them, carrying the Toa they'd picked up in his arms, still unconscious, it seemed. Corpses littered the ground, the smell of blood was pungent. Their armour and weapons strewn about like a child's toys, with complete disregard for anything that might be there. He slowly set the Toa down, stepping over to one of the corpses near them, ignoring Daylaria's gesture to follow.

Multiple lacerations to the chest. An arrow pointing out from his neck, his left arm oddly twisted. Blank eyes, still gazing sightlessly outwards, a triumphant sort of grin still on his face. As though he'd finished his last enemy, left his message for the others to read. Written in the blood on the forest floor.

Praggos shook his head, standing up again. The corpses around were all in similar shape, despite whichever side they'd been fighting on. He picked up their newest charge again, grunting with the effort, before he began to follow after Daylaria, one thought left on his mind:

"It'll take a while for the forest to heal."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: "Thank you, ma'am!" Rynekk's contented shouts echoed through the jungle, the Toa abruptly changing directions, now heading in the opposite direction.

~ ~ ~

IC: The Toa slowly and silently mulled things over in his mind, trying to learn as much as he could from this strange being in front of him. Ril had said something about doctors, who seemed to healing him, mending his bones.

The Toa crinkled his brow, a motion he had picked up from observing Skaarn, noting that particular piece of information: Doctors = healing.

Did that mean that these doctors would be able to heal him? Maybe show him what he was supposed to be doing here, or what not. At least give him a direction to go in, at the very least.

"Doctors mend...me?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Ashiem from Onu-Wahi.

IC: [Ashiem]

After an hour or so of travelling, Ashiem finally arrived in the village of air, where she was to find a certain musician. She didn't really know much about her objective, other than that the musician was named Mussiki. It was probably going to be difficult finding the other Toa, but as long as he stayed in the region, she probably could discover his location.

"Wait here okay?" she said, addressing her taxi driver as she got out and surveyed the area.

IC

Welcome to Le-Wahi’s wilderness.
It wasn’t just some lame, everyday wilderness. It truly deserved it’s name. This was the jungle- a place with no rules, where green is the only color that exists, and were Rahi are everywhere- ants, bugs, birds, large mammals, every type you can name.
Makuta’s influence did not spread here, for there was nothing for him to control. In this area of the island, even the faintest traces of civilization’s tendrils did not reach. Not a single matoran hermit lived in this particular patch of forest. Nothing but the wild. The wild Rahi, the wild plants that were unbelievably shaped, or the landscape that rose and fell and covered itself in the crazy flora. Not counting those strange creatures that blurred the lines between plant and animal.
If anything could be hidden here, this was the place. A small fortress or unseen ravine could sit here covered by trees, and no being would ever know of it. No matter how long civilization thrived on this island, there would always remain a special patch of forest unseen.
But this untamed wilderness, for all it’s lack of civilization and humanity, was calm.
Not quiet, no- the Rahi blared a loud tune that never faded, a cacophony of noises from all manner of creatures. It was mostly without movement, at first glance, but the distant flights of birds or closer movements of insects were visible if you just looked closer.
No, the it was calm because there was no violence. Destructive fights almost never broke out- the hunting of Rahi was a silent one, and prey never fought back with the destructive potency of Toa, or even matoran. See, no shouting or bustle echoed out, caused by worries and orders to stop bandits and thieves and dark or insane enemies.
It was calm because nature was at balance- the dark chaos of the island stayed away from here.
As you might imagine, this setup was only given so it could be torn down again- Verak’s loud shouting and whoops of excitement shattered the calm that lay over the jungle.
The brown toa hopped through the forest, moving quicker by grabbing onto branches and vines and pulling himself forwards. The slope was a downwards one- Verak could jump farther, or swing farther. His overall gait was of a clumsy, one legged monkey.
He was closely followed by a herd of angry purple Mahi set on revenge- the Tall One they were chasing had blown up their Peaceful Glade. That was inexcusable- their angry snorts and bent heads showed that. They were charging at a ferocious pace, tearing up plant life in their wake and rumbling the ground.
Verak, every word of this unnecessarily long post in his mind, laughed at it all. It was ridiculous. It was so much fun. He loved this, with every fiber of his being. He loved the way he was outrunning the Mahi on one leg, or the way he was expertly swinging through the trees like a crippled Brakas. He loved the way animals scattered in his path as he forged a path of disruption through the calm forest. He loved the wind on his face, the sound of angry rare animals behind him, and the adrenaline that fear of death gave him.
He loved this- this was life, not whatever pointless half-baked alternative you have.
Verak burst from the treeline and looked down the extreme slope. It should have been too steep for trees to grow on it- although a few trees managed to do so anyway- and it was mostly eroded dirt.
Verak didn’t slow. He dropped from his current vine - right now he could feel the warm breath of the lead Mahi on his trailing foot - gave a hop, then kicked a rotting log with all the force he could give.
It split into fragments, all of which burst into the air in a wonderful display of soft, long dead wood. About half the log remained in one piece and landed on the slope, immediately commencing it’s inevitable slide down the steep hill.
It’s journey was sped up as Verak planted both feet onto it, (OW BY MAKUTA I STILL NEED THAT CURSE WORD I ASKED FOR). He sped down the hill, kicking up soft dirt as he boarded down on the rapidly fragmenting log.
The Mahi running after him were going to fast to stop, and now struggled to keep their footing as the blasted down the hill, a green-tinted dust trail actually springing up behind them.
Verak waved his arms and struggled to keep his balance, his body snapping back and forth as he kept centered over the rapidly moving ground. Everything was so fast. So much blurred vision, moving color, and roaring wing.
SNAP!
The log hit a rock and snapped in two, just as Verak gave a tremendously powerful hop and cleared the obstacle. The Toa, now at the bootom of the slope, grabbed onto a vine in a tree, and swung at ridiculous speed, temporarily drowning out all noise but the rushing of the wind.
Then he was flying above the treetops, soaring crazily after his swing on the vine. The air’s push on his body did not end.
Verak crashed through the canopy once more and fell from one moss-coating branch to another, before finally landing in a large patch of mushrooms.
The purple Mahi were scattered in the trees at the bottom of the steep slope, confused and attempting to find their may back to each other and then back to their Peaceful Glade. This Tall One was certainly not worth the struggle,
With even more bruises added to his dangerously growing collection of damage, Verak relaxed in the soft patch of fungi, looking up into through the hole he had carved in the canopy.
He sighed. How could life get better than this?
Maybe if you weren’t in dire need of medical attention and about to keel over and die of overexertion at any moment-?
Verak silenced his voice of reason and lived in the moment.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

[iC] Petorgas noticed the one called Slate was following him. Well, it looks like I'll have to follow up on my commitment. He thought. Even to his Forge, the lancer pursued him. He sat down at his forge. "Well, what do you want? Some ale? Oh, I think I know." He rummaged through his equipment pack, until he found his longsword. He handed his blade to Slate, pommel-first. "You may borrow my sword while I repair your spear. I expect to have it back by the time I return your blade." He stated. "You may think I'm greedy. I am simply an opportunistic repairman." He added. The blade and handle of the sword were separated entirely, and the weapon was devoid of a counterweight. Was this even supposed to be a weapon in the first place? Or, did he just give me the raw materials to make one?

Edited by Respawn120K

Morally unambiguous.

IC: Kehagu - Le-koro -

The battle had been a bloody blur for the poor Le-matoran, he'd been throwing disks so quickly that he'd passed out before the battle had even been over, his previous wounds had taken a their toll.

------------------------

Quite sometime after the battle Kehagu awoke in his little hut in one of the massive branches that Le-koro rested upon. He opened his eyes groggily, he began to wonder if the whole thing had just been a bad dream. He really hoped so, especially since the swarm of Nui-Rama that had attacked Le-koro had been entirely his fault.

Though the stinging pain coming from his now bandaged back told him otherwise. A sick feeling of dread came over him and he decided it would be best to pretend he was still asleep and pulled his covers over his head, he was expecting that a certain Le-Toa was waiting for him to awake.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Time to break spacetime...

IC: Dehkaz

"Son of a-"

Sunlight streamed in through the single crystalline window, playing over wooden floor. A slight breeze blew in through the slightly opened window, causing a discarded parchment map to roll across the table pushed up against the wall of the hut. Aw Karz, the Toa of Magnetism thought, holding a gauntleted hand up to his forehead. The gunmetal was ont he edge of the bed, muscular form hunched over the side. An almost empty glass of water was held in his other hand. His head was throbbing, and every now and then it felt like someone was stabbing a heated sword through it.

A rusty sword.

The last time he'd gotten that drunk he had killed someone. Or at least, that's what they told him. Still, it didn't take away the fact that it was stupid and poorly planned out. Seriously, if he had killed anyone else back then, no one would have known about it. He felt like Karz. Time to go to work.

His joints clicked as the major pushed himself off of the bed. He remembered a select few things from the night before, quite vividly, and hoped that they were dreams. Unforunately, Dehkaz doubted it. He was now hoping that he didn't get assigned to the Gukko Force anytime soon. It was definitely not the highlight of his career as a Guard. Karz, his weapons were still in HQ. Lovely.

Sounds of the busy Le-Koro morning assulted his ears mercilessly as he stepped out the door and into the street. Genius move, Major. And for your next trick.

Karz, he didn't even have the same Kanohi. Well, it was a Great Mask, he could tell that much, but that was it. Looked like an Arthron, didn't seem to work like one. Quite frankly, he had no idea what it was. Unfortunately, his old Mask of Rebounding was nowhere to be found, and so he was stuck with this one. Taking his hand from his forehead, Dehkaz made his way towards the Gukko Force HQ, which wasn't actually that far away. Why did sunlight have to be so... Bright?

It was only ten minutes later that Dehkaz was on his way to the Fowadi, weapons now on him. One last check of his crossbow, and the Toa of Magnetism was ready to go. Just as long as the Fowadi was actually still there. Being stuck in Le-Koro was not something he wanted.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"Oh, son of a..." Reordin whispered after a long, quiet time, held by Leah. Then he chuckled and looked up at her, saying: "I am become Stannis."

That made Leah chuckle as well. "Well, unless you start to walk off without looking at our map in order to 'wander', I don't think you need to be worried about having a little faith."

She looked back over her shoulder at the others, then nudged Reordin in the side. "Dinner is ready. Come on. We all need food and you especially need some rest."

---------------------------------------

Agni looked at Joske as he finally arrived at the temple entrance. He was about to welcome him, when a single particle of pollen found a way into his mouth. He cleared his throat. Which Joske apparently took as a non-verbal reprimand for being tardy.

"So...what have we got?" the Toa of fire asked. Agni coughed once, then pointed at the contrapition and said: "Slots for each of the charms and a riddle for each. If these all work the same way, the riddles indicate the order in which to put the charms into their respective slots."

Agni pulled out the two charms he had kept safe until now and handed them to his protegé. As he handed them over, he recited the inscriptions for each slot:

"In Darkness, Light; Strength of Numbers; Word of Honor; Faith Grants This. "

The veteran shrugged. "I considered trying to place the ones we already have in their right place. But now that you're here, the final part is up to you. This task was appointed to you, kid. I doubt we others could unlock these places."

IC: Reordin (Le-Wahi)

"Is it really that noticeable?" Reordin asked grimly, slowly releasing Leah from the hug and pushing himself off the ground. Unseen by the Le-Matoran, the lone cigarette, still unlit, slid into a pocket in Takua's satchel, which had been plopped down beside him, and sat there; the satchel itself was picked up a second later and carried along with the two Chosen as they moved back to the campsite. "Do I really look that bad?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

[iC] Petorgas silently hammered away at Slate's lance. Clink, Clank, Clack. I hope I'm getting paid for this, Thought the Vortixx. Because I might be needed elsewhere. Soon, the handle was in place. Not very securely, though. He entered his residence and retrieved a welding tool. He then grabbed a specially shaped mask-helm from the drawer beneath his Forge counter. His work then began to speed up.

Morally unambiguous.

The Toa of Earth noted the two Toa they had run into before, "How many of us will it take to move Turaga Matau?"

IC:

"Should have enough right here," Kethrye replied, mentally counting the beings gathered nearby. "If his Parakuku goes berserk on us we should have no much trouble containing him, not without the shock from our fist encounter. . ."