Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

OOC: Did he throw the knife, or stab with it? I'm assuming he threw it, because a kick has longer range than a stab. If Vompran were to dodge the kick, he would already be too far away to stab.I.C. Vompran was expecting a counter attack, and jumped backwards to avoid the kick, letting go of his sythe. He tilted his head as the knife flew past. Vompran decided to rely on his secondary weapon: a hook with a blade on the end. He attached a vine through the loop of the hook, making a grappling hook. He swung it around his head twice for momentum, and launched the hook from his hand at Kyju's feet, hoping he would be able to trip him up.I.C. Kranuka"Nice Job! Hmmm... Maybe we should have thought of the mask trick before we beat him up."OOC: I won't be able to get on for the rest of today.

Edited by Elemental Ussal

elementalussal.png

IC: Rockosis began slapping Tooroko's face, looking for any sign of life. "Well, what a mess I've gotten myself into this time. I guess I could leave him on the docks, and take his ship. No, no, too early in the plan." He was interupted by a sound behind him. He turned to see a large, brutish looking skakdi lumbering aboard the ship. "Hello, sir. If you don't mind, could you run to the doctor fo- what in Mata-Nui's name is that!?" gasped Rockosis, looking more closely at the skakdi. This thing, whatever it was, was not a skakdi, or at least was not completely a skakdi. It was hunched, with thinner, more bonelike muscles. The item that completed the strangeness, however, was the spine. All skakdi had spines, he knew that; but this Skakdi appeared to be growing two spines, spines that looked all too familiar. "RAHKSHI!" Rockosis cried out, yanking at his still embeded blade. "HELP!"OOC: the mini-conversation is what is linking Rockosis to a new and malicious group (one yet to be named)-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

IC: (Uar)The Toa of Ice suddenly came to. He was still lying on the battlefield, away from the real center of action. Though still feeling dizzy and sick, he felt better, and activated his mask, dashing off recklessly and chopping at the Nui-Rama...

My BZPRPG Characters

BIONICLE Table-Top Roleplaying Game System Project, Started by The Iron Toa

I used to write something about my rank here, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

IC (Mataka): The orange being seemed frightened by Mataka's appearance, and the thought gave him a certain satisfaction. He had not seen himself since the Parakuka's attachment, but he had been disgusting enough before that to earn such a response. As if to confirm his thoughts, a drop of sticky green slime ran down his arm before dropping off his elbow to the deck below. The mention of Rahkshi, however, confused him completely. He whirled around, looking for any sign of the creatures (giving Rockosis a good view of the Parakuka on his back), but found none. "Where Rahkshi?!" he bellowed. "Me help!"

ppg2.png

OOC: Good clue-in :PIC: The being in front of Rockosis was apparently not a rahkshi, but what was it? It had some of the characteristics of both creatures. He suceeded in pulling out his sword from the mast, and took a closer look at the creature. It looked similar to a kraata, the slug-like creatures that inhabited rahkshi bodies. But this one was different. It had appendages, and these had seemingly latched onto the back and neck of the Skakdi. It seemed as though it was one with the Skakdi. "Here, let me get that bug off of you," Rockosis offered, reaching for the slug.-Bane

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

IC (Mataka): Mataka was still bewildered by the absence of Rahkshi, but when the toa went after his Parakuka, he forgot all about it. He whirled around again, slashing at Rockosis' outstretched hand with his long claws. The slug was whispering urgently into his mind now, showing him that if it was removed, both would die. It showed him an image of himself lying dead on the deck in a pool of blood, and urged him to protect them both."Leave it!" he hissed back at Rockosis. "Good slug. No kill!"

ppg2.png

IC: Rockosis ducked, just missing the Skakdi's hand. "What's your problem?" he asked, hand near his sword. "Just trying to help."OOC: You want a fight? Or just something to make me wonder?-Bane

BZRPG profiles

OOC: I'm not sure yet, so I guess it could go either way. This was about as far as my plan got.IC (Mataka): "Leave slug" Mataka repeated, still agressive due to the Parakuka's mental influence. He didn't attack again, but remained ready to defent the Parakuka. It was less trusting than he was, and was still wary of anyone who wanted to remove it. "Need slug. No touch."

ppg2.png

IC: "Got it, sorry," Rockosis replied, wary of the skakdi. "So what did you come aboard for. I'm not exactly in the mood for polite conversations. My friend is blacked out, he may need medical attention, and I really can't charter a voyage to anywhere. So would you mind?"OOC: I really think there should be a fight. We need to know the properties of this leech in the future.-Bane

BZRPG profiles

OOC: Sure, let's do that.IC (Mataka): "Polite conversation" wasn't a concept Mataka was very familar with, and "charter a voyage" went completely over his head, so he ignored those parts. "Mataka want food. Mataka chase Pokawi, but no catch. See boat, get food. Eat."OOC: That should tell Rockosis what a bad hunter he is. It seems to me that a pokawi seems like the BIONICLE equivalent of a takahe, and if he has trouble catching one of those...

ppg2.png

OOC: Takahe? I usually pride myself on knowing about animals, but what is that?IC: "No you don't!" Rockosis unsheathed his sword, and readied a ball of energy in his other hand. "You steal from this ship, you go through me first. Bring it on." He took a high guard stance, readied himself, and waited for the skakdi to make his choice.OOC: Is this going to be a kill or be killed fight, or do you have other plans for this guy?-Bane

BZRPG profiles

OOC: I'd prefer that he not be killed here, though I don't have explicit plans for him just now.IC (Mataka): As soon as the toa took a fighting stance, the Parakuka on his back flaed up in defence and activated its energy, pumping it into Mataka's body. The deranged Skakdi reveled in the surge of strength - he felt like he could do anything right then. He leapt towards Rockosis, swinging his club with one hand and slashing with the claws on the other.OOC: Fair enough, they're pretty rare and only found in a few places. The Takahe is a a fat, flightless bird with a blue-green body and a bright red beak just like the pokawi. It lives in swamps and wetlands in New Zealand (the home of the Maori people), and it isn't very fast. In many ways, New Zealand is rather similar to Mata Nui. Both are archipelagos isolated by very large oceans, and have very diverse environments from active volcanic hotspots to icy mountain ranges, lush forests and even dry desert regions. Even a few plants and animals are the same. A good example is the harakeke plant (flax) which produces tough fibres that can be put to a variety of uses. The Mata Nui version looks exactly the same as the type which is native to New Zealand.... wow, that turned into a bit of a rant. Sorry about that. Anyway, that's how I made the comparison and assumed what a pokawi would be like.

ppg2.png

OOC: That variety of enviornments is why New Zealand is so often the place for filming movies. The Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings. Thanks for the info.IC: Rockosis flipped, leaping with a fair amount of distance between himself and the Skakdi. He slashed at the skakdi's back, and shot a short blast of plasma through his hands. He prepared to turn on his Calix, wondering how in Karzahni the hulking being had moved so fast. "Not so fast, big boy. You missed."-Bane

BZRPG profiles

OOC: King Kong... avatar...IC (Mataka): Mataka leapt away from the sword, but the ball of plasma hit his left shoulder. Thanks to the Parakuka's resistance to elemental attacks, he wasn't burned badly, but the moss growing on his skin was blackened, giving off pungent fumes. Showing the same incredible speed, he charged back at the toa, trying to tackle him to the ground.

ppg2.png

OOC: Time to do something inherently coolIC: Rockosis activated his calix, running straight at the skakdi at top speed. At the last possible moment, he slid. Rockosis slid directly between the Skakdi's legs, bringing his sword across the body as he went through. He desprately hoped this would work, or what he was going to try next.OOC: Your call about whether it should hit and not damage, or just miss-Bane

BZRPG profiles

OOC: Both characters have enhanced agility here, so effectively nobody does. Both are quicker, but both have better reaction times.IC (Mataka): As Rockosis came skidding between his legs, Mataka used his parakuka-enhanced strength to jump 3 bio up into the air to avoid his sword, before plunging back towards the deck, ready to land on top of Rockosis with his clawed feet and hard spines on the front of his legs.

ppg2.png

IC: That was when Rockosis sprung his trap. Pressing the button that launched his blade, he followed it, leaping up as the skakdi was falling down. "Why don't you just get out of here, before I kill you?"OOC: When's Tooroko going to wake up?-Bane

BZRPG profiles

OOC: Maybe in a couple of posts...IC (Mataka): The flying blade was met with the line of iron-hard spines on Mataka's right leg and was diverted off to the side. Mataka continued to fall unhindered, laughing at the notion that Rockosis could kill him. The activated Parakuka on his back made him feel invincible.IC (Pukena): As they flew over the forest canopy of Le-wahi, Pukena thought she spotted something down on the forest floor. Calling a goodbye to Laryn as he continued on his way, she allowed herself to fall out of the glider's wake and descended to the ground. It turned out that what she thought had been a valuable artifact was actually just a worthless hunk of protodermis. Snorting in disgust and disappointment, she continued travelling north up the east side of the island.OOC: Pukena to Ta-wahi.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC: "Karz," Rockosis muttered as the Skakdi continued to fall towards him. He rolled fast, coming up on his feet and diving. He began to swing the nunchuck in a figure-eight spiral, coming closer to the falling skakdi. "Get off this ship, or else," he said quietly.OOC: He's got to have hit the ground by now. This isn't a saturday morning cartoon where everyone can float in the air endlessly :P-Bane

BZRPG profiles

OOC: Sorry this took so long - I had a heck of a week. Please remember guys: henceforth, I'd like for all of you in the fight to post ONLY ONCE between my posts. It'll make this easier for everyone to follow. Squad leaders, good job bolding on the right posts. I'd recommend henceforth waiting to post until almost everyone else in your squad has, so you can keep your general squad movements accurate.IC:The ground assault continued to press forward, flanking the demolitions team as they set a mountain of Madu Cabolo and other explosives at the base of the hive. Heuani tried to press in on the explosives team with his Rama, but the ground forces had taken every defensive action possible; the explosives were being set, and the Rama couldn't stop them. Heuani could. He would send down a few lances of shadow, pick off the specialized bombers-But before Heuani could take such action, he noted the attacking army withdrawing from the mound of explosives. It was clear that they were about to be detonated. He took advantage of the new exposure of the Demolitions squad, unguarded in their scamper away from blast point, by sending a sharp-clawed group of Rama at their back. The others, he bid echo the motion of the armies, to avoid being blasted as well. Heuani waited a tense second, watching the pile from his perch atop the hive, waiting.It was not a long wait. With an audible boom, like several firecrackers going off at once, the stack of bombs exploded. The Madu Cabolo, weak on their own, had a combined combustive force of some magnitude. Enough magnitude, at least, to expand the dent that had already been made at the earth-and-stone base of the hive. The iron walls that had been erected prior were warped a bit by the blast, but mostly served to direct it along a path - inwards and outwards. As half of the blast tore out of the opening, battering the Nui-Rama that were unlucky enough to be too close and sending bits of shrapnel and debris flying, Heuani felt the other half pounding inwards as the wall shivered beneath his feet. The moan of broken wood and the cracking of stone told him that more progress had been made; a passage was forming. It wouldn't be long before the remaining part of the hive wall was battered away and the tunnel would be complete. Heuani leaned backwards from his high post; he fell casually, and dissolved into the shadow of a petrified tree trunk nearby. The Toa of Shadow reemerged on the inside of the hive, back amidst the Rahkshi and unconscious Turaga. "Go," Heuani said quickly. Soundlessly, the six Rahkshi hoisted up their respective Turaga and dispersed about the inside of the hive, taking various passages that veered off in every direction. Heuani strode over to a dark corner of the hive and became again a wisp of darkness. An instant later, he was back on the top of the hive. The explosion over, armies had already started rushing back towards the tunnel from their safe distances. As they moved, though, the Rama that had fled with them didn't; they were now at the oncoming army's rear. Another swarm of fresh bugs emerged from the nest's wide funnel, humming dangerously. Before the army could reach the entrance, it found itself attacked from both front and rear, relentlessly fending off aerial strikes by the Rama. The flies took cyclical patterns of attack - they would swoop down at the front line, attack one or two of the beings there, and then let their momentum carry them up further into the sky. They veered back down from these heights to take another strike. The army on the ground was, in effect, being constantly bombarded by waves of bugs from both sides. What Rama were slain fell heavily to the earth, splattering their innards all over as their exoskeletons cracked. The Rama-juices and sharp, broken armor made the battlefield slippery and treacherous. The army tried to advance but, with the state of the earth and the circumstances of the Rama retaliations, found themselves unable to go forward as a group. Any that did break through the line of Rama were easily picked off by flying bugs, or else by a shadow hand of Heuani's. One such Matoran was plucked from the earth by a far-reaching tentacle of shade and, with a scream, drawn up through the air to its conjurer. As the Matoran crossed near the Toa of Shadow, their eyes met for a moment - the matoran's, wide and frightened; Heuani's, glittering and smiling - before Heuani lazily tossed the Matoran backwards with his finger of solid darkness. The Matoran warrior plummeted into the funnel of the hive, hundreds of feet to the earth, but did not hit the ground. He was snatched out of the air by a chittering pack of young Rama, who eagerly tore their morsel from the sky limb from limb. Meanwhile, six new Rahkshi, their spined armor blue and green, appeared instantaneously behind Heuani. Makuta must have had eyes on the battle to have sent such reinforcements. The Rahkshi of Teleportation knelt for Heuani, awaiting commands. Their red eyes gleamed and their sharp staves glistened in the midday sun. "Hold the tunnel," Heuani ordered. Immediately, the six Rahkshi vanished from his sight. They now stood at the mouth of the unfinished tunnel, prepared to hold the narrow aperture against any charge. OOC: The situation, as I understand it, is as follows: the bulk of the force is trapped between two rolling forces of Rama (front and rear), and are prevented from easy advance by the carnage of the battle that has already occurred. Any who come too close alone will be snatched up by Heuani. The hive is almost cracked open; all that stands in the way is a relatively thin section of wall and a sextet of deadly Rahkshi. Your purpose is clear - get rid of that which stands in your way. Remember that these kinds of objectives can only be achieved by squads, not individuals. If you try to do this yourself, you'll almost certainly die. With that all in mind, I present this:1st Official Objective - defeat the six Rahkshi of Teleportation.

Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png

IC - Kyju - BattlefieldHe saw the hook coming, and executed a quick analysis. It was obviously meant to trip the Akrainid, but he could detail the attempt. Atop the hive, he saw a dark being that could only be another servant of Makuta. He wasted no time waving or saluting however, and simply nodded quickly. He leapt and spun forward, the hook missing him. He landed near his sword, pulling it out of the ground and charging Vompran, swinging it in an attempt to behead him. However, what the Toa didn't see was a Nui-Rama coming up from behind, coming to rip his guts out.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Very long post here, to compensate for the 'one-post' limit.IC: Plagia - Rama HiveIt was only thanks to her quick thinking, that Plagia survived the explosion, activating her Hau at the last minute. However, with the explosion, all karz began to break loose, releasing more Nui-Rama than she fought was possible, as well as six Rahkshi."Rahkshi, why did it have to be Rahkshi?" she muttered angrily, drawing her other sword, hacking through another Rahi in front of her. Once that one had been sliced open, she fired a lance of electricity at the next approaching one, frying it from the inside out.Looking back, she called, "Akinii, we have to regroup with the others if we want to take the Hive. Take the reins and try to get us some altitude. I'll try and signal the others."With that said, the Toa fired off another burst of electricity, much larger than the last, this one more similar to ball lightning. It flew straight up, high into the air, before dying in a blast of light at its peak height. Hopefully that might get the other's attention.Glancing upwards, she spotted another Aerial Squad team, flying through the air (Lashev and Verdi), before calling out, "Hey, you two! We need to regroup if we want to get to the Rama Hive! Unless you had something better to do, it would be very nice if you could join us!"OOC: Summary: Plagia is attempting to pull together enough fighters in order to launch a full-on assault on the tunnel entrance, along with Akinii (her partner). Just now, she's spotted Lashev and Verdi and is trying to hail them. There you go TX.-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Anger flickered in my eyes as my blade flashed through the air. But oddly, the surge of rage gave me no strength - rather, before the blow could land, I felt weakness flooding my limbs. I stepped back from my adversary, anger replaced by surprise. My strength returned, and I raised my blade again-BOOM!The sheer volume of the explosion pushed me back a few steps. About time, I thought, ears ringing. I glanced around. The beast could wait. I had to get back to the rest of my team.Which, it seemed, was no longer existent. The strike team had dissolved, the members each fighting their own battles with Makuta's servants. The droning hum of the Rama swarm picked up as hundreds more of the Rahi poured from the hive in response to the explosion. Karz. I spotted Madrihk a short distance away, dueling a giant lizard while trying to fend off several Rama at the same time. I sprinted toward him, a pair of Rama diving into my path. A burst of flame incinerated one, but I was too intent on my goal to dodge the other's stinger, which embedded itself into my left arm. With a yell I ran my sword through the beast and ripped out the stinger before much poison could get into my system, but it still hurt like karz. "Strike team!" I yelled, struggling to be heard above the drone of the swarm. "Regroup!" I ran on towards the team's leader.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: JiMingJiMing thought the battle couldn't get any more chaotic.He was wrong.When he saw the Rahkshi, his heart skipped a beat."So uh, anyone got a plan?" he asked the Ground Squad.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC: AkiniiAkinii grabbed for the reins, not mentioning that he'd never attempted to fly a Gukko before and would probably be sending both himself and Plagia to a nasty death in a few seconds. Surprisingly, he managed to get the bird to fly upwards towards the other Aerial Squad team without too much difficulty. Either I'm a natural, or this bird's smarter than I am...

IC:As the explosion went offand the rama gained strength, tohgno and klumy took the opportunity to attack the dive bombing rama, who were too busy striking at ground squad to have that much of a reaction when their momentum carrying them under klumy's claws, razing their backs and clipping their wings. Any that survived were dispatched by tohgno's disks, and any that weren't dive bombing that tryed to attack them were slain by disks too. They continued this pattern again and again.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: KahlynnKahlynn pulled hard on the reins of his Kahu, pulling out of another run as he noticed Rahkshi appearing near the hive. Rahkshi. Real, living, breathing, Rahkshi.The ultimate prize.The Skakdi of Plasma swooped in to fly with the remaining Aerial Squad members, nodding at Plagia's suggestion to regroup. He looked around at each of them, and called out, "Everyone get your weapons and powers and whatever-else-you've-got ready. We need to take those Rahkshi by surprise, so none of you go swooping in to try and take them on yourself."His eyes began to glow as he prepared his Heat Vision.OOC: So everyone in the Aerial Squad, post your charries getting ready, then after Nuju's next post, we can have a bombing run http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

OOC: Cool beans.IC: AkiniiAkinii followed the Skakdi's suggestion and began to scope out the area around the... Rahkshi? I know those... things. For some reason, Akinii knew what those beings were (and how dangerous they could be). Considering he really didn't know anything about anything else, this was a momentous discovery. Why do I remember what those things are, but nothing else? He didn't have an answer for that one. OOC: Ambiguous character development is ambiguous.

The Skakdi of Plasma swooped in to fly with the remaining Aerial Squad members, nodding at Plagia's suggestion to regroup. He looked around at each of them, and called out, "Everyone get your weapons and powers and whatever-else-you've-got ready. We need to take those Rahkshi by surprise, so none of you go swooping in to try and take them on yourself."OOC: So everyone in the Aerial Squad, post your charries getting ready, then after Nuju's next post, we can have a bombing run http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

IC (Lema): Lema heard the Skakdi's call to regroup and fell into formation with the rest of the flyers gathered around him. There were numerous rama between the air squad and their rahkshi targets, so he prepared to fight his way through or around the swarm to get to the tunnel. "Aye-aye, Skakdi guy!" he yelled back. "Those rahkshi are going to be Lema-bones!"

ppg2.png

IC: Alfon / Onyx / VolinMuch to Alfon's displeasure, this assault was taking a turn for the worst, seeming more like a suicide mission like his brother said, even though he was only half-serious at the time. Nui-Rama were swooping from every direction possible, giving the Toa of electricity a couple of nasty cuts as he fended off the insects with his sword, his Calix coming in quite handy. Channelling his element into the tip of his index finger, he pointed out to the a flock of the enemies hovering above them as a several thin strands of electricity shot out in multiple directions, electrocuting many.As Alfon finished, he looked to the sky and spotted the remaining people in his squad still airborne. From the looks of it, they were regrouping and headed this way to lend a hand. If they could eliminate several Nui-Rama, it might just give the grounded members of the ILS enough time to focus on pushing forward to the hive where six Rahkshi stood sentinel at the makeshift entrance.Volin was stuck in the middle of the ground forces, intent on saving his elemental energy for burning the inside of the enemy home as he only used his Matatu to create an invisible force pushing back any insect which got near him. Effort wasn't a problem, nor was the strain, it was just a matter of being able to stay aware of your surroundings.As a Toa of fire on his squad yelled to regroup, Volin broke off into a sprint to catch up, repelling anything which came too close."We need to stay at the centre of the ground forces for protection!"Meanwhile the heavily clad Toa of iron reinforced his armor, repairing it while hacking away at his foes with his sword and shield, never straying far from his group. Ideally, Onyx and the rest of the Demolition squad would make a fine choice for leading a charge towards the hive, moving the debris cluttering their way to make a path for the rest of the ground forces and Strike Team.Although, that proved rather difficult when you were being attacked from everywhere possible, preventing them from making any progress at all. What they needed was a huge distraction...OOC: Summary: Members of the Aerial Squad still airborne have regrouped and are preparing to launch a full-on attack on the flying Rama, similar to a bombing run to take off the pressure from the ground forces so they can attempt to push forward. Volin has regrouped with the Strike Team.

OOC: Phew, I am rather glad I decided to check in when I did, I imagine by tomorrow morning it would have been a 4-page read at the least. Sorry if this post turns up lacking in quality a bit, but it is rather late and I do have to get up early.PS: Emissary, don't forget Sisk. And we're here to relief the ground-force just now.IC: (Gukko Force Reinforcements and Support squad)Kara pulled his Kahu into a rolling turn, the formation of Gukko force birds behind him following suit. They came out of the turn and rolled upright again, leveling out their flight again, now heading directly for the clearing near Pala-Koro. As Sisk glanced left and right he saw the gunners atop the other birds readying their disk-launchers, loading the sharp projectiles into the spring.mechanisms and making them ready to fire at a moments notice. The momentary distraction could not have lasted more than three seconds.But it was just in these three seconds that a massive explosion echoed across the jungle, its source the base of the Rama-hive, towering above the treetops. Smaller birds and parakeets, shocked from their resting-places took to the sky in a frenzy, followed by a cloud of dust and smoke rising. Glancing over to Kara, just off their left wing, again, Sisk thought he saw a momentary look of relief on the sergeant's face. The ground a demolition teams had managed to set the charges. But it was just one step in the plan; and frankly, Sisk did not know how they would even manage to pull off what Kara had told him, given the situation.But he couldn't linger on the thoughts, as the squad pulled into a steep dive, to mask their approach by flying low over the treetops and in close formation, to break up their shapes and to lessen their visibility. By now they could see more details. The plume of dust seemed oddly shaped at a distance, almost as if it was vibrating a place, like a mirage, but coming closer, it was revealed that its silhouette was in fact buzzing with the swarm of Rama, circling around, going this way and that way, attacking the fighters on the ground presumably, as well as forming a perimeter in the air.Leaning low over Skyscratchers back, Sisk kept his eyes straight ahead, keeping in formation while maneuvering around the odd branches sticking above the average treeline. In his peripheral field of view, he saw Kara give another signal with his hand, and a call. He had flown often enough to know it by heart and without turning to Lashev and Verdi, called to them over the air rushing past Skyscratcher's wings:"Get ready, we're going in hot!"Just as he had uttered the words, they shot over the edge of the clearing. He could hear the brief rushing-by of cheers from the Le-Matoran on the ground, the medics and perimeter guard, but they did not have the time to touch down to greet their comrades, though Sisk thought he spotted Leah among the Matoran present, manning the perimeter of the forward operating base.They only had time to get their bearings and it was exactly what Sisk and the other pilots did. Ahead, they saw the damaged Rama-hive, but that was not what caught their attention. It was the ground-team and ussalry, bogged down, trying to gain ground and move forward, but attack both from the front...and behind. Rama had cut them off at the rear and were attempting to wear the fighters down. And while they were being beset, up in the air the remaining Gukko force birds were fighting to stay alive, greatly outnumbered and getting tired. Being the squad-leader, it feel on Kara to make a split-second decision, to form a strategy. With one look, he prioritized his targets. He turned his head to the squad:"I want three-bird elements, vics, take the pressure of our lads, then regroup and get those buzzers off their backs!" he ordered. There were cries of acknowledgement, Sisk joining in as well. Immediately carrying out their orders, the dozen birds broke into a four-element squad, each targeting the Rama attacking the Gukko force pilots. As they came in range, Sisk turned to Verdi. "Fire!"OOC: Summary: Gukko Force reinforcements (A dozen Gukko/Kahu, fully armed) are supporting the remaining primary GF-birds (Whatever number remained after Nuju's first post), in order to join up with them before aiding ground-teams by attacking the Rama behind them. Ground Support GF Matoran are protecting the fallback-area.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: Ardoku and company arriving at Le-wahiIC: ArdokuIf one were to look to a certain point in the horizon, one could perhaps catch a glimpse of a Kahu bird high in the sky, closing fast. On that kahu were Ardoku, Kotahk, Tamaka & Takana, on their way to the deep jungles of Le-Wahi. Their task was to find a matoran by the name Kranuka, an old friend of Ardoku. As the group flew above, they noticed something wasn't quite right."What the?" Ardoku exclaimed in surprise, as he noticed the conflict below. "I think we just strayed into the midst of a battle, we should get down..."

OOC: Subgroup commander: Heavy and medium Ussalry charging in wedge that covers itself from attack at all angles, heavy squadron as lance-using point of wedge with medium behind and using spears. Intention is to shatter weak left flank and cut a swath into the center (probably with their more-suited-to-melee saperka) to meet up with other squads.IC: Krozuv and Kruvoz cantered back to 7th shortly thereafter, protected from pursuit by speed and the covering fire of the Gukko Force. They grimly assembled their regiments behind the squadron.As one, 7th stepped forwards. They now each sat with lances couched: First smiling Gavarm as one point of the wedge, next grim Tarnok, behind them cold Sulov and unreadable Uyism, respectively. And beyond 7th stretched out the bottom portion of the elongated triangle composed by The Companions. They bristled with their long qiangs.Sulov nodded slightly. This attack wedge covered itself on all sides, even to assault from above-as what little center to it was guarded by twin commanders Krozuv and Kruvoz, no nui-rama could swoop in and tear the formation apart internally. And at this attacking angle of the left flank, it would be able to drive a deep hole in the rama forces up to the center.His eyes briefly passed over the unconscious medic. Brovuv had been strapped to Muv for convenience of transportation; Sulov had resolved to leave no one behind. He did not intend to forget that resolution.Finally his gaze came to the field of battle. Gukko Force representatives dogfought across the skies. Dead bodies of nui-rama were strewn around the field, mainly near its center. By the smoking hive was a small iron structure and an embattled group of humanoid fighters.But before the Ussalry was nothing. Only a good distance away were the rallying wasps in combat with the reinforcements...Few nui-rama had died here.Without a word, he kicked Muv. The crab snorted and began to trot.The squadrons moved as one. Following Muv, the group trotted; then gradually moved into a canter; next a gallop; and finally a pace.The Ussals now were at maximum speed. There were times when they almost flew, no claw touching the ground, and then shaking the earth as they touched back down. Their riders had flattened themselves against the backs of their steeds and were almost invisible in their turrets; only their long lances and spears, set to skewer and splinter the targetted wasps, showed the Ussals were not riderless.On the side of the left field closer to the jungle thundered this iron mass of Onu-Matoran and crabs. On the other flew the weakened swarm of nui-rama-bolts having peppered their armor-that had streamed by gukko to pursue the skirmishers.And they were set to collide in mere seconds.

Edited by Armadijo

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: MadrihkNui-Rama were bad, but Madrihk could see that his team still held off the swarm rather effectively. By staying close together, they weathered the attacks of the insects that swooped by, and cut down some in the process. Unfortunately, the constant attacks kept their forces from moving forwards, and now they had even worse things to worry about.Rahkshi. Not just one or two, but a full set of six. As far as Madrihk knew, a Rahkshi could only have one power, and these were evidently teleporters. The apparent Toa of Shadow that was lashing out at whomever tried to get closer was also a force to be reckoned with, but Madrihk felt as if the guywould try to have his minions to the brunt of the work.At least the hive wall was clearly weakened..."Right, strike force gather with me!" Madrihk yelled. "The Rahkshi are teleporters, so be prepared for sudden attacks! We need to hit them like we hit our other foes so far: quickly, while they are not looking!"Madrihk knew he could hold his own against such a "non-powered" Rahkshi for a while, given that he was skilled with his blade and had a Kakama to avoid quick attacks. However, he did not think he could really strike it or freeze it, since it would just teleport away as soon as it saw the attack being prepared. And even worse, if he did hit one, the others would likely descend upon him immediately.Each Rahkshi would require at least two people to wear down, and one had to be the distraction while the other struck. Therefore, he said to his teammates:"Kal, Amerikos... time to use your stealth powers. Go invisible, stay near us, and prepare to strike quickly. Here's the plan: Volin and Destian, you cover our backs with plasma powers against these incessant Nui-Rama. I will get a Rahkshi over here by attacking it. I will then attempt to duel it, keeping its focus on me. Meanwhile, Mussiki, you use your power to dampen all sound so it/they cannot hear us move or attack where they are not looking. Once it's properly occupied with me, Kal will wall it in with stone so it can't see where it should teleport, and Amerikos will tear it up with his iron powers. Invictius can then set it on fire and murder the slug inside it. Based on the dead ones we saw after the previous jungle skirmish, there's not much point in harming it elsewhere than the head and spine."OOC: Strike team, grouping up and laying a plan.

Edited by Katuko

IC-Kal and Mussiki:Kal and Mussiki didn't respond with words-they just set right to whatever Madrihk told them. Kal faded out of sight, activating his mask as his shadow was distorted by all the others from Nui-Rama. After a moment, one Nui-Rama fell to the ground, a large nerve cluster ripped completely out of it, greenish fluid flying away out of nowhere.Mussiki, meanwhile, closed his eyes, opening himself to his element. He heard every small sound around him now, even a slight whisper of a rasp as worms dug around in the ground. He had his hands raised slightly, and slowly lowered them as he dampened all sound around them, the loudest shriek of a Nui-Rama sounding like the barest whisper to everybody but Mussiki.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Katuko, hope you don't mind if I join up with your squad. IC: Cy: The Green Tornado: Nui-Rama HiveA late Toa of Air sped towards the battlefield, aiming for the hive. Staying back for a few minutes and hovering with his Kadin, he observed the battlefeild, impressed as the explosives went off. Things were going well. He noted the appearance of several Rahkshi, teleporters or pre-concealed illusion casters, he guessed, by their appearance. He spotted Madrihk at around the same time. He went into a dive, heading towards perhaps the only one he knew on the battlefeild. He had to pass through a wave of Nui-Rama to get to Madrihk, so he surrounded himself in a cyclone. Flying through the wave, he found himself unable to resist another bad pun, shouting, "Hope you Nui-Rama don't mind...."As the Green Tornado punched through the storming swarm of Nui-Rama, a small number were caught in his whirling wake, slammed and smashed against one another by whistling winds. Some Nui-Rama were freed as their masks were knocked off, while several were stunned by the collisions with their own number, falling to the ground. The Green Tornado finished on the other side, "...dropping like flies."Continuing towards Mahdrik, he landed next to him. He was just in time to catch his orders on the anti-Rahkshi attack. "Sorry if I'm a little late, but I figure I can help you out. If it's of any use, I can do invisible air pressure waves to strike the Rahkshi."OOC: Cy can never resist a bad pun.

Edited by Tabby: Toa of Cats

IC, Verdi: Verdi nodded in response to Sisk. "Aaaaawwwww yyyyyeeeeeaaaa!!!" cried Verdi as he opened fire on the Rama. One disk hit a Rama's wing, rendering it unable to fly. Two disks hit one between the eyes. More still were injured. However, there was more to be taken out. "Ha! How do you like that, Lashev?" taunted Verdi. "I totally got the hang of this."OOC: This is really more of a filler post until I can converse with Kal and VF about this. :P