Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

OOC: Sorry, there was an unexpected lack of internet while I was on vacation...IC: Riversong (at a Ko-Koro hospital)At the sound of the other Toa's voice, she turned. Riversong took one look at his injuries and stifled a gasp; she couldn't recall having seen such extensive injuries in quite some time. She denied her instinctual urge to rush forward and try to help him, as she had learned the hard way in the past that some beings did not appreciate such acts. Instead, Riversong took a few cautious steps forward, addressing the other Toa."Yes?"

IC: Sideways, Rook, Crosswise (Ko-Koro?):"Well, technically, the same place as you," Rook replied."But I never said that I was on the same side as you," Crosswise added.Sideways bobbled his head a little, if one didn't know better, they would say he would be mimicking Rook and Crosswise, if it was Soundwave, he would know that Sideways was speaking the words, but since he couldn't speak, Rook and Crosswise would be saying it for him.

IC:"That'll be enough." Kohra told the Matoran, as he finished removing the snow from at least half a dozen spots the Vortixx had ordered him to clear. And what had seemed like an odd request at first now revealed its underlying pattern, as all the removed snow seemed to have covered part of the same crack running through the ice of the glacier near the protrusion at the top of the cliff. Breathing heavily, he took a step back and examined them. He still couldn't piece this together. What did the Vortixx want? Exhausted, he squatted down near one of the holes, his thoughts going around in circles.Kohra took a moment as well, examining the work of her involuntary companion with a look of complacence. She smiled. The plan was moving along just as she wanted it to. She reached into her bag and pulled a canned heatstone out of it. Next to her, the Matoran lifted his head to see what she was doing. With one long stride she was at the first spot and kneeled down next to the visible part of the fissure. Removing the lid of the can, she held it out right above it, before quickly flipping the can upside down, pressing the rim of it hard against the ice. The crack was narrow, not wide enough to warrant one of the Ko-Matoran's flags to mark dangers along the paths through their Wahi.A sizzling sound rose from the surface of the ice, followed by a thing trail of vapor rising from underneath the can as the stone quickly sunk through the snow still present in the gap, quickly dropping deeper and deeper, until it touched the bottom. The Matoran, still on the ground, crawled a little closer. A minute or so passed, before the red glowing heatstone became visible. The Matoran moved forward a little more. He couldn't quite comprehend what he was witnessing right now. And while he watched, Kohra stood back up, quietly moving onto the next snow-free hollow, to repeat the process there. And now the Matoran realized what was happening: The heatstones were melting their way into the ice, sinking as it slowly liquified into water, which in turn vaporized, leaving a softly steaming hole. He couldn't move his eyes away. Watching , he tried to comprehend the purpose of the heat-stones, but failed to realize it. Meanwhile, the Vortixx had sent two more of the stones into a slow descent into the ice. She had pulled open the last can when the first disappeared from view, prompting the sherpa to look back to her. "Why are you doing this?" he asked nervously. "What do you gain? Is this a test of some sort? An experiment you don't want others to know about? What is this?" It was as if with each question, his nervousness was replace more and more by fear. Kohra smiled dangerously at him. So he had finally found the courage to ask. It was time to let him in on her little scheme. She had done her homework and she had done it well. Even before her encounter with Paikish she had read almost everything there was to know about the terrain surrounding Ko-Koro. The scholars of the village had been extremely thorough, going so far as to even recording this small fissure, noting the potential danger it might represent, if it were to widen. But in their nature, they had filed the report away; a mere scroll stuck among hundreds just like it. But Kohra had been equally thorough. And she had found the scroll in question. She was contemplating how to best reveal her scheme to the sherpa, when an audible crack emanated from deep under their feet. It was a deep sound, mighty in its scope, like a giant awaking from slumber. And now the Matoran knew. "You monster!" he spat,defiant, but he didn't move. Kohra smirked amusedly. "My, my, did you finally find your spine?" she asked, her voice oozing with smugness. The Matoran glared at her. "You're not going to get away with this!" he snarled. Kohra laughed out, the sound of it as clear and cold as a mountain-lake. "Oh, I am perfectly sure that I will. After all, none of this is my doing." She paused, letting the words sink in. She could see the question forming in his mind as she watched him, furious and powerless. "All you ever had to do was to obey your rightful ruler. All of this could have been avoided. But in your arrogance you seized that which isn't yours. Which never belonged to you. So now...I am taking it back for the one whose right to claim is supreme. And I will kill as many of your kind until the message sinks in." She took a step forward."And I want you to remember that all these pathetic things you hold dear are worthless. Unity, duty, destiny...they can not protect you; just like that great psirit of yours can not protect you. They are dust and echoes...just like you will be when I am through with you." He looked at her, eyes wide and mouth agape. Then, with an enraged yell, he charged her. He didn't know what else to do. With fists raised and rabid fury in his eyes he ran forward. And then, suddenly, he saw her arm suddenly reach out, clawed hand stretched like a jumping spider. In an instant, he found he couldn't move, even though she hadn't touched him yet. Kohra was almost surprised at the sudden display of bravery...however foolish it was. As she placed her hand on his head, the fingers digging into the sides of his skull like a vice, their eyes met once more. And she found them burning still, with the cold flame of defiance. She lingered on them for a moment, savoring the expression. this one had certainly had some fight in him.But the tiny spark of admiration for her small adversary vanished immediately though, as she snapped his head back.------------------------------Draeverian took a deep breath as they rounded another bend in the steadily ascending path leading up to the plateau of the glacier. "I thought this would save us time." Mariko said, walking behind the blin Toa.The other Toa turned his head, as if to look over his shoulder back at him. "It actually does." he said. Mariko sighed."I bet our actual distance in a straight line isn't much more then it was when we started climbing." he muttered.Draeverian chuckled. "Perhaps, but when we've reached the plateau you'll see how short the way is. Trust me, we will have to cross neither the jungle nor the charred forest. There is no shorter way."Mariko shook his head in silence. Somehow, what the blind Toa said, sounded like there was some sort of catch involved.Not long after though, the trio finally ascended a last set of steps that had been hewn into the ice, and stood upon the plateau of the glacier. Instinctively knowing the right direction, Draeverian pointed to the east. Mariko followed the line of sight his finger was indicating and as his eyes drifted, he saw that behind a ridge atop the glacier, not too far away, he could see the coast of Mata Nui stretch out, surrounding what could only be Naho bay. Which meant Pala-Koro lay somewhere between their position and the village of water. Tiny lights were visible down there, as if the Ga-Matoran had lit tiny stars of their own to mirror the ones in the sky above. But they were not what caught the eye of Mariko. The figure of a Matoran lying in the snow near the ridge was. The Toa immediately broke into a jog. "Come on!" he called to his companions.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC DymiunReacting immediately, Dymiun grabbed Ardoku's flare gun, signaling the others. Then Dymiun drew his spear, pointing it at the Vortixx, ready for anything.IC Fehron & GeonFehron and Geon were still trudging through the blizzard with Kotahk. Suddenly, above them, a flash was faintly visible in the whiteout. "Great," commented Fehron. "We're going in the wrong direction, and we're lost and can't find our way to the other trail. This is not my lucky day..."IC BotanThey had followed the same trail as Fehron- and walked right into the same blizzard. They couldn't see anything, but they kept walking in the same direction, calling Fehron's name, hoping it would be heard over the blustering winds.OOC: This is why you never go left.

aouROFb.png

IC: AtvinInstinctively, Atvin pulled out one of his swords as he followed behind Mariko, approaching the body of a Matoran. No person would take the liberty of taking a nap in the open harsh landscape of Ko-Wahi, lest they felt like freezing to death. No, something unfortunate passed this Matoran, hypothermia maybe...or Atvin was simply paranoid."Is he alive?"

IC: As Optimus ignored the Joker, for all the bad that would later bring, he addressed Big Convoy. "I have lost friends as well, Big Convoy. Even recently. While you were in a sub-battle on a deserted island, I was always on the front lines. I have been through a full disbanding and re-banding of my troops. I have had to wrestle with the Phantoms, the Makuta, and even the domestic problems. To top it off, I've been mistaken for a criminal at times, something you cannot do on a deserted island like Tal! Worse still, I have to keep the Wreckers in line!" He glared into Big Convoy's eyes. "Killing me will bring back no one, and will cause only further death." He glanced at the Aukati, and at the Wreckers who stepped out of their room to see what was going on, then back to Big Convoy. "Yourself included." "As someone I knew once sed...Weapons down.""Und we'll let ya' escape wit yer dignity."

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC: Big Convoy"Oh, I have no intention of killing you now, Tahuva Pyro." Big Convoy shouldered his cannon. "You obviously don't understand what you've done. But then again, I didn't expect you to. But one day you will. One day, you will be able to look me in the eyes, and tell me you understand."He turned around. "That's the day you'll have earned the title of 'Prime'. And that's the day I'll kill you. And you won't even blame me for it." The Vortixx pushed those behind him aside, as he left the inn. "Let's get you to a doctor, Lio."

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Oh wow. He referred to him by his Cybertronian name. Must be serious lol. :PIC: "You know how I earned that title, Big Convoy. My gene did not surface. It was unlocked by Primus himself, through Vector Sigma, in the very core of Keretao. Do you remember when I was the Matoran, Orion Pax? I dealt the final blow to Unicron." Optimus, now that the danger had passed, walked into his room. "Come on, Aukati. Get some rest." And then he noticed a trio pointing weapons back from the Golden Age of Keretao. He came back out."Eh, Convoy. I thought you were a-going to punch him, not start a Mexican standoff in the middle of an inn!" "Just so you know..." Optimus pulled back out his sword and axe. "Weapons down includes you three."

Pk57sNJ.jpg

OOC: Yeah. Convoy meant every word of what he said, too.IC: ConvoyConvoy paused just long enough to give one last retort. "And you know what I did, Pyro? I did your job. I kept your troops, your responsibilities, alive."And then, before a response could be given, he was gone.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: You're just being IC, right? (You RP this so well it's creepy.) As in, you realize that Optimus did all that before this RPG and didn't leave them so they would die?IC: And it was just as well that he left. Optimus sighed and looked at the insane trio. As he realized what they had done, he put away his weapons. "Pranksters..." Optimus, Ratchet, Dino, Barricade, and the Wreckers went to their rooms. OOC: Dervian to Le-Wahi.

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC: KixinNary a twig snapped as Kixin moved through the forest.A few yards before him was a deer-like rahi, completely unaware of his presence. The rahi moved slowly, grazing along the way. It perked it's ears up as Kixin nocked an arrow, but before he could fire, a pebble fell, and the Rahi bolted into a cave.Kixin cursed, and darted in after it.OOC: Your move, Grochi.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Xicuta:The slug slowly moved along the wall of the cave, ignoring the bones of its former host-they had lost all their former sustenance anyways. Then a Rahi ran it. Xicuta dropped, landing on the Rahi...but it was weak. The Parakuka latched on, sucking out most of the energy at once and disconnecting. It was the same with most Rahi now...he had no use of them, why allow them to live longer? The Parakuka boredly inched back up on the wall of the cave, coming to rest on the ceiling, where it hung by its tail end, head held down like a chitnous central spar of a hideous chandelier.Then, the eyeless creature picked up on something else, another sound, another being. Heavy footsteps. Calm, though, deliberate. This being knew that there was only one entrance to the cave. Probably a hunter, coming in after the first rahi. Or maybe a Muaka. Muaka were boring, but they provided good sustenance. They lasted longer than most.The sound was growing louder, Xicuta was beginning to hear breathing. If it could have, it would have smiled. This was no Muaka, though it was as lithe and feline as one. No, this was a larger being, a hunter, a...ah, yes, Vortixx, that was the word. Xicuta hung perfectly still, looking like an oddly shaped stalactite as the Vortixx stepped in.Xicuta could sense the disappointment that came from the Vortixx, in such close proximity, at finding its prey killed. Then, revulsion, as the bones of the former host...no, hosts...were found, shining with a sickly coating of slimy lubricant in what light entered the cave. The Vortixx, curiosity overcoming revulsion stepped forwards, checking the Rahi, and the bones. That was when Xicuta struck.Xicuta fell down, its form writhing around in mid-air, landing on the Vortixx's back. The Vortixx tried to straighten, but failed, as the Parakuka bit down, its saliva carrying a calming agent for the moment, as it connected with the Vortixx's mind. Yes, complex, sapient, powerful...but easy to nest into.Xicuta sent the still-struggling Vortixx images of peace, sleep, and contentment, causing the Vortixx to slow its battle of wills. Xicuta continued, the pain from the latching also causing the Vortixx to lose hold of their mental faculties.The Parakuka was happy when the Vortixx fell to the side, as it began to feed.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: KixinBones...? The karz? And some of those are.... Toa.Instantly on alert, Kixin looked up. But too late. All he saw was a glimpse of something falling, and then extreme pain as something latched onto his upper back, right above the shoulder blades, causing him to yell in pain. He reached back, and tried to rip it off, even as he felt an invasive presence in his mind. Neither the thing or the presence would budge.Kixin felt himself start to relax. He cursed quietly. He tried to fight, he fought back as hard as he could. Xicuta would find he had some fight left in him.The Vortixx collpased, even as calming images filled his brain. Concentrating, he sent one back. Screw off, you stinking piece of Makuta-spawn.....

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Xicuta:Two days passed, Xicuta working tirelessly through the intervening forty-eight hours to connect to its host, the hooks along its underside latching around and on the Vortixx's taught spine, latching in along the discs and hooking themselves into the bone, barely contacting the router for the being's nervous system, as opposed to the core which was the brain, allowing Xicuta to feel some of the sensations of its host and more effectively communicate with it.In that whole time the Parakuka was pulsing, drawing in energy and storing it, building it up from what there was in the being's blood, accessing memories from the unconscious tinker. This Vortixx wasn't as much of a fan of technology as others of its kind, he was more fond of weapons such as those the islanders would use, a simple bow and a sword cane. Interesting.Xicuta connected fully, fusing with the being for the time being, blood exchanging between the two. Xicuta would use this as an arguing point when the Vortixx awoke, as well as many others. Such as the power it could give, the knowledge it had gained over time, the companionship that beings such as Vortixx seemed to lack, that they seemed to want for...if one of its previous hosts had been an average specimen.Xicuta clenched tighter, making sure it would have a good hold. The Vortixx, Kixin, it was named, was beginning to awaken, he was stirring, slipping from his dreams and rest, making the slow journey back to the waking world, slowly clearing the fog from his mind. And Xicuta was ready for its host to come.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC-Xicuta:Xicuta sent Kixin an image of itself on a Vortixx's back, taken from the previous Vortixx host having looked at itself in a mirror. It had been rather similar to Kixin, actually, and so the image was useful. Xicuta shuddered in anticipation as Kixin gasped, then reached back to try and tear Xicuta off. It then sent the image to Kixin of a dead body, the feeling of their being no thoughts coming from it, a feeling that Xicuta knew all too well from its previous hosts.Xicuta hoped that Kixin would get the message, of death. Xicuta felt Kixin pushing against it, in its mind, and so it retaliated in a different way. Instead of trying to force the Vortixx's mind out, Xicuta allowed Kixin into his mind, instead, enveloping the Vortixx in the knowledge it held, fighting techniques, technological breakthroughs, all sorts of things it had learned from its previous hosts.Not just that, however. The Vortixx was a hunter, and so Xicuta felt it would help its new host. It sent mental images of a Muaka's hunting patterns, the defense abilities of a Kane-Ra, the way a Kuma-Nui could tell just where food or a body was likely to be, even when blinded by sand or snow.Kixin continued to push back, however. Xicuta was disappointed...could none of these beings realize what it offered them? Could none of them peacefully stand back and allow the Parakuka to take control? Xicuta would have sighed if it could, but it barely wriggled. Then, it clenched its muscles, opening up little-known flows of blood between it and Kixin.Blood flowed freely between the two, mutagenic agents from the Parakuka flowing out, changing the Vortixx, causing it to hunch over, bladelike spines growing like shark's fins from his lower arms, his fingers lengthening into iron-hard claws, though still long and deft, metallic spines on the Parakuka raising up as spines shot out from Kixin's back, the Vortixx arching backward in pain.The mutations were done, allowing Kixin to more effectively use the energy within Xicuta's blood, flowing out through the Vortixx, granting power to his muscles, his senses becoming more potent, able to hear a snowflake land on the rocky outcrop above the cave, smell the deer-like Rahi moving around outside the cave.Xicuta sent Kixin the knowledge of the Muaka's hunting tactics, again, the hunting Vortixx eagerly taking in the knowledge, then springing out in hunt of the Rahi, clawing in the snow and rock of the mountain, the longer, thicker hands and feet holding the rest of the Vortixx up better in the snow as it ran, the greyish-coloured, chitinous, pulsing slug that was a Parakuka on his back.OOC: Sorry I took charge of the mutation, but hey, I was feeling creative.

profiles i guess

IC: KixinKixin ran on all fours, with growing awe and horror at his new body. He had to cope, or he would go insane. So he hunted, what he always did to cope. With a roar, he lunged, his flaws cleanly severing the rahi's jugular, killing it almost instantly. He paused, and looked at the blood staining the snow. "What are you?"IC: Big Convoy"Here." Convoy replied, pointing to the hospital ahead. "You need to be treated. You took a Karz of a beating."

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Optimus's sleep was all but horrifying. He tossed and turned. ---"No, Convoy! I did not--"But the dirt poured in. Tal's putrid smell and Rahi stomped in. "RAAAAAAAAAH! CONVOY!"Big Convoy's ship drifted off. "Goodbye, Optimus Prime." Optimus was buried alive, stomped by the Rahi of Tal. "CONVOY!"---"AAAHRGH!" Optimus fell out of his bed. "I know I did all I could...and yet I feel his fury still." He got back into bed and looked up at the ceiling. "No. I will die. Convoy will die. All of us will die. But not this day...and not in that manner." He managed to fall asleep again.

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC-Xicuta:Xicuta sent Kixin another image, on of its father, holding it up, naming it as a Parakuka, one of its lesser sons. Xicuta sent Kixin images of itself fighting the Kraata, its brothers that could see, that had different powers. Xicuta had killed Kraata, it had killed its cousins, to gain favor with its father. It had succeeded, barely, but it had to leave, to hunt larger beings, to find food.It showed Kixin images of its hosts, of how it had gathered its name from the first letters of its first six host's names. It showed Kixin the images of them identifying it as Parakuka, as well, the times it had spent with them as they grew to know it, to learn from it, and to teach it as well. The Vortixx soon became overwhelmed, killing another rahi after a short hunt.Xicuta soon began to tire, however, as Kixin reduced a herd of the rahi from nearly one hundred and fifty individuals down to a measely thirty, something that they hadn't known since the first that beings had shown up upon the island. Xicuta cut off the supply of his own blood, the cycle stopping. Kixin's mutations would soon revert, though they would leave visible, noticeable effects-his hands would be slightly larger, his fingers a little more deft, there would be long, raised scars from where the fin-like blades and spines had extended from the bottoms of his forearms and his back, respectively.Soon, Kixin felt his power begin to reduce to normal, and he shivered in the cold, his cloak and weapons discarded back at the cave. With directions provided by Xicuta, he began to make his way back, to retrieve his items.

profiles i guess

OOC: No OOC-only posts. That would be a matter best taken to PM, or at the least, the discussion topic. PM is better, as it's more likely to be spotted.IC: Optimus sighed and went back to sleep.OOC: I say timeskip. I refuse to RP stupid dreams.IC: Optimus awoke in the morning, feeling that he had gotten no sleep. Dervian had already left for Le-Koro. "Time to move out." He walked into Ratchet's room. "Ratchet. Get up and go wake the Wreckers. All of them." Optimus left to Dino's room. "Up. We must be on our guard this day. I believe that the Phantoms will stop at nothing to stop us."Under Soundwave's command? No one ees a-going to listen to him.""That may be an erroneous statement. Regardless, one Phantom alone is enough to tear this inn apart...and start a battle with all who reside in it."Optimus knocked on Barricade's door. "You know what to do, soldier."Barricade got up. "Are you kidding me? This early?""I doubt that the Phantoms slept at all."Ratchet knocked on the Wreckers' room..."HOY! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!""Wait, I gotta change my under-armor!""Of all the times ta...""Open up! You fools are terribly misinformed!""Oh. That doctor ninnie."Topspin opened the door. "Wotz this all about?""Optimus's orders. It's time for your mission with Ultra Magnus." Ratchet left and knocked on both Magnus and Springer's doors. "Wakey-wakey. Prime's call."Optimus knocked on the Dinobots doors. "If you wish to entertain yourselves in any way, I suggest getting up with the rest of us."

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC:KixinWith a shudder, Kixin walked back to the cave, and grabbed his things.This is karzin' trippy. I need to find out what to do about this..... I'll head back to Ko-Koro. Ask there.Kixin began to run in that direction. He would reach the Koro in no time.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Ultra MagnusUltra Magnus slowly opened his eyes. The Ice Birds were singing, the sun was stretching through the open window across his room, the morning breeze blew through the window and he took a deep breath of the fresh air. All seemed peaceful, and he had a good feeling about today.That was until the wall and floor collapsed and he was falling into the jaws of a Muaka.Thinking fast, the Toa of Ice flung himself out of bed and placed himself directly between the two jaws of the Muaka. His Toa strength allowed him to keep it open for a short while, but with his power over ice, that was all he needed. The giant cat Rahi had it's joints turn stiff and rigid as it's armour frosted over, and it became unable to move at even a fraction of it's normal speed."Good job, Magnus! Now let's finish it off!" (OOC: that can be any Aukati you want)"No!" Magnus told the hasty Toa, who had drawn their weapon in a blind move to slay the beast. "You don't understand... It has no reason to be here, it doesn't want to charge into a village and hurt people." he stepped forward and pried free the infected masks on it's sides. The creature seemed to let out a groan (or was it a sigh?) of relief as Magnus stamped on the masks, shattering them. "You see? I wouldn't kill you if you were wearing an infected mask, nor would I kill someone who's mind had been poisoned in any way, if I had the chance to stop it." he unfroze the Muaka, which ran off into the snow."In fact... That's not too far from where the Phantoms are." he said, almost to himself, as he gazed at the snowy horizon. "So why should we have the right to kill them?"OOC: CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT FTW

IC: KixinKixin stumbled into Ko-Koro.Nobody looked twice. Kixin was a well-known member of the community, and his appearance was not unusual.But Kixin looked around him with new eyes. He was not the same as when he had left, that much was certain. He walked forward, hoping to find answers.

fK5oqYf.jpg