Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I know that that much.

Constructman: Tuck said that everybody who killed a Turaga is going to get hunted down some time in the next year and people are complaining about it.

---

Probably because they feel like '1 staff told me to do something and by doing it I'm going to get hunted by another staff'.

To them, I really doubt they're characters will force-die.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I know that that much.

Constructman: Tuck said that everybody who killed a Turaga is going to get hunted down some time in the next year and people are complaining about it.

I don't know why they're complaining. It could be fun to get hunted down. :3

__

They should be put on a public trial- no, wait, even better- a mock trial that makes fun of them and sentences them to death! :D Wow I'm violent today, aren't I?

I just thought of something interesting...

What if, when Onewa Dies, Inu, Onewa's Parakuka, would... I dunno... Detach from the corpse (provided the assassins hadn't destroyed it already), and later latch on to another PC? It would be neat for someone to have a Parakuka that has gained some wisdom from one of the Villages's former leaders. Possibly, that could also be the way the public finds out the identities of the murders, since the Vakama said they already knew who would kill them, so if Onewa was informed as vakama, Inu would probably have known as well. That would advance the witch hunt that Tuck has vowed to accomplish.

Of course, another possibility is that Inu dies in a last stand, staying by his friend's side to the bitter end.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

"Sold! To the man in a cold sweat."

But yeah, I'd imagine a few characters going berserk "Inspector Javert" crazy because of these events. Assassins, you've been warned. You will be hunted.

EDIT: that would be a good idea. But wouldn't Illicia just destroy the parakuka? And who would Inu attach to?

Edited by Constructman

I know that that much.

I don't know why they're complaining. It could be fun to get hunted down. :3

Oh, it can be. It's just, y'know, suddenly we're told to do something by one staff, then all of a sudden,

"Hey look guys you're going to be hunted now trololol"

I just think it's stupid.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

You know, everyone is saying the Bad Company assassins will be hunted, but you see, most of them weren't caught. To any degree.

-Grokk: People know the assassin is a Skakdi. Not exactly helpful. I think we can safely say that tracking this one will be difficult, and that's if you can even figure out it's him.

-Dorian: Guards know they were knocked out by a Fe-Toa. With the concussions they received, they most likely won't be able to provide a clear description. And even if a description could be provided, Dorian is thought dead, and has been for weeks. He's safe.

-Jin: I haven't read her post yet, so I can't comment.

-Marfoir: No one saw him, or heard him. Safe.

-Brykon: Jumped into a chasm. Thought dead. Assuming he's alive, safe.

-Liacada: The only one that has been caught, and I suspect, will be caught.

And the assassination of Onewa hasn't happened yet. Note, that this list does not include any knowledge the Guard may have been given by Turaga. But Vakama specified that that information would not be put to use for a long time yet anyway.

In other words, those who intend to hunt down and take vengeance on the assassins have a lot of work cut out for them. Most of them covered their tracks very well.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Oh, it can be. It's just, y'know, suddenly we're told to do something by one staff, then all of a sudden,

"Hey look guys you're going to be hunted now trololol"

I just think it's stupid.

__

Well, evil never truly wins, in the end, so it makes sense for the assassins to eventually be hunted. Of course, the hunt will only truly begin next year when Tuck says so, so the people who think they're going to start now are gonna have a bad time.

Marfior-Not safe. If the the trajectory of the bullet can be estimated by Takamaz, and then the shooting point he used found, Bijackal's tracking vision could possibly track him down. And my characters are in Le-Wahi to do the job, and recent events mean they could show up in Le-Koro soon. The only problem is that I will have an impending three-month absence.

If Liacada talks, then the other killers identities will be known as well, so the chances of catching them go up.

Marfior-Not safe. If the the trajectory of the bullet can be estimated by Takamaz, and then the shooting point he used found, Bijackal's tracking vision could possibly track him down. And my characters are in Le-Wahi to do the job, and recent events mean they could show up in Le-Koro soon. The only problem is that I will have an impending three-month absence.

If Liacada talks, then the other killers identities will be known as well, so the chances of catching them go up.

__

Liacada? Talking? Ha! Hahahahaha! I doubt that's ever going to happen!

--------------

Even if that was managed, which I doubt, you would still only be able to get a general location. Not enough to identify the person.

And, I think you underestimate how difficult getting Liacada to talk would be.

Also, *Marfoir

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Realizes that he is partially surrounded by people who get their kicks from torturing people.

---

Torturing people? Nah. I get my kicks from poisoning people, wiping their memories, and enslaving them to my will while they remain trapped in their own bodies. Or just killing them and reanimating their corpses :3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

We most certainly do not have truth drugs in this game.

This is Mata Nui, people, and these are trained killers. The cream of the crop. If you look for cop outs like truth serum and tracking vision, nobody is going to be getting hunted any time too soon.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Good luck estimating that there trajectory when

A: The bullet isn't really anywhere to be found to guess the weight and what-not,

B: With all the tumbling that has apparently happened according to Skyra and the others, Matau's head is beyond mangled, and

C: I doubt any of us have the knowledge of mathematics required for that both in- and out-of-character.

Oh, and not to mention the fact that "tracking vision yay" is borderline metagaming, especially with how dead the trail will have been, and how far Marfoir will have gotten, by the time your characters might have been able to figure out the general area from which he fired.

Not to be egotistical, or condescending, or anything (well, jury's still out), but it's highly unlikely that this'll happen any time soon, in any way.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

Well, it's not gonna happen, but Thliveros sure is going to try (once he gets healed up and all). He won't rest until Brykon's head is mounted on his wall until then, there's always a possibility that he's still out there. He's probably gonna retake some forensics courses just to make sure.

But yeah, the assassins made a very good getaway, and aside from the try-hard/stupid/crazy/no life people (Thliveros), most of the island will probably be too busy mourning.

Allow me to counter.

He has no idea who Brykon is, he wasn't at the assassination (Or was he? I only read the post with Grokk).

On Ga-Koro, the only characters who know Grokk killed the Turaga are Embok and Hahli (Is she still alive?). Embok's not gonna speak (Haha), and Hahli... Is somewhere. Chances of you finding Grokk are slim to none.

Allow me to counter. He has no idea who Brykon is, he wasn't at the assassination (Or was he? I only read the post with Grokk).

~~~Well, Thilveros kinda got his arm forcibly removed by Brykon. I would say Thil knows who he is at least.

On Ga-Koro, the only characters who know Grokk killed the Turaga are Embok and Hahli (Is she still alive?). Embok's not gonna speak (Haha), and Hahli... Is somewhere. Chances of you finding Grokk are slim to none.

~~~But yeah, I still support this. Be realistic, people, finding the assassins won't be easy. They planned this for a while, and covered their tracks well. Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Do we have veritaserum in this game? What about a Room 101? Something either to drug the mind or shock her into telling. She's gotta have a weak point; there's gotta be something in her psyche that can be exploited.

Do you think we have any of that?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Ok guys, just want to clarify about the assassin-hunting: I'M ON THE ASSASSIN'S SIDE WITH THIS ISSUE.

Yup. Really.

As far as I have seen and are concerned, while the effects of their killings are evident, there is little to no evidence of who done it. Few if any eye-witnesses, fingerprints, blah blah blah... the assassins have done their job and have made a clean getaway. While I cannot rule out the possibility that someone could come up with something, I am 99% sure that NO ONE could come up with the identities and right now trace the killers.

They are unknown.

How does that jive with my promise earlier? Simple: I'm a GM. As such I have the ability to manipulate past, present, and future events to ensure storyline continuity. More importantly, I get to RP BZPRPG Canon charries and their knowledge... and I have every right not to explain everything. Yet I will, and as my past record has shown I ALWAYS explain my controversial actions. Problem is, you guys aren't patient enough.

Yes, there will be a FULL explanation as to HOW and WHY certain individual(s) know the names of the assassins, and it will be done IC. The time to post that is not quite here yet. The story must flow naturally and I cannot simply throw out plans or reasons the moment you call BS because you feel slighted. Instead of complaining, why don't you just trust me to write this story that myself, Nuju, and everyone else involved is writing and enjoy the trip, and find out the how and why when it comes... just like every other good book.

I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you :)

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

You aren't all that bad, Josh. But that doesn't mean I can't feel disappointed with your promise. :P

Speaking of promises... I promise you I'll buy you lunch at BFair VA and you just promise me you'll see to it that my character and his followers will pay for their actions? Tsk tsk, I sense an imbalance in the Force. :confused:

We might not have truth serumes, but you can try to get staff to allow you temporary use of Rode, the mask of truth. It wouldn't make others speak truth, but assuming you're allowed, you could at least filter out lies.

~~~And now I understand why the Rode's not allowed. Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

*applauds Tuck*See people? The time isn't right to start a manhunt for the assassins with metagaming galore! Wait until the time that Tuck decides to post something about hunting for the killers, then see what happens. Thank you Tuck for that lesson. :)

---Can you please stop following up every staff post with with "applause! I totally agree! Thank you for so much for your wisdom!" It's actually really annoying. :)On a side note, I give anyone who was disappointed with Whenua's death this. Edited by Relapse

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

yadda yadda yay Tuck post woo

So you're on the Assassins' sides, and yet you're going to be sending mercenaries/vigilantes/whatever-you-want-to-call-them after them, when at least half of them, after this, will want to just go on to a normal life.

As well, I'm sorry about my possible complaining but it just doesn't add up. Sure, you're a GM, you can manipulate events like this, yadda yadda....Fine. But sending people to hunt down those who are unknown now just because 'evil never wins?' Making it so that the Turaga just knew they were being killed and who was going to kill them?

I'm sorry I don't wait for an explanation, but I'm just quite frankly a little exasperated with this, and I have been since you made that first promise.

Yes, I understand that you're GM and that you can keep your secrets, but honestly...this is just a little much. Like I said. I'm told by one person that I have to go kill a Turaga, and the next, oh look, apparently now my character is going to get hunted down and I'm not even being told why except "evil never wins" or something like that. It's more than a little disappointing for me, to be honest.

profiles i guess

Look! Wade is back! ...After a few months.

The call was too hard to resist. I have some picking up to do...

Edit: Can anyone explain to me what's on the current agenda of the Horde (Skakdi group) if they even survived the blowing up of the Kumu Islets?

Edited by TX Wade