Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

NEX Plot Update: In Front of the Curtain

Everyone interested in NEX should read this post immediately. Anyone not interested in NEX should probably do the same.

Let's all welcome TDC back. :evilgrin:

- Vorex

It has been way too long... Time to continue this plot that ended up halted when I departed from the RPG.

The bloodshed shall begin anew.

NEX lives

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Heh, I'd assume faxonn will share the same fate as the mahiki then? There was a guide to that one as well somewhere...

Also, since kraata went haywire with Makuta's death, what happened to the surviving parakuka?

If Inu is anything to go by, they are freed from Makuta's influence. Judging by what I've seen of the Parakuka, they seem much more intelligent and individual than Kraata. I'd say they keep their personality, but lose any direct influence from Makuta. If they're evil, they stay evil.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Heh, I'd assume faxonn will share the same fate as the mahiki then? There was a guide to that one as well somewhere...

I seriously doubt that the Faxon will be removed. Unlike the Mahiki, it's a fairly balanced mask. As far as I know, the guide only gave a list of the powers that could be used. The Mahiki has pretty much no middle ground between overpowered and useless.

Q2TtLEz.png

Everyone interested in NEX should read this post immediately. Anyone not interested in NEX should probably do the same.

- Vorex

It has been way too long... Time to continue this plot that ended up halted when I departed from the RPG.

NEX lives

...Not gonna lie, would've been nice to have been notified about this.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I wasn't sure if any of the past NEX members would want to be part of it again, and I didn't want to send out messages to them all. I figured I might annoy someone doing that, so a simple post in here seemed the wisest idea to me.

You want back in, Grochi?

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I wasn't sure if any of the past NEX members would want to be part of it again, and I didn't want to send out messages to them all. I figured I might annoy someone doing that, so a simple post in here seemed the wisest idea to me.

CliffNotes version: he's been running the organization this entire time.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Ok, so now that Silvan has posted what happened to Lenat...A New Chapter of Life Has Just Begun...I'd like some feedback on this, just to make sure I didn't, you know, do something wrong...or to see if I did something right, for that matter.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Newsflash! There's a vacancy in the Horsemen now. PM me if you want to fill in the spot for Famine!

Who left?

- Vorex

NEX lives

Eeeeeeeeee

The murders are coming!!!

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

You can count Hatann back in too.

ppg2.png

Kaerhi, unfortunately, is off doing other things this time around. I'm gonna seriously consider making another character for NEX though. Had a ton of fun in it.

WIP

It appears that I shall be joining back into the game, on a much smaller character scale than before.

Of course, most people probably don't remember me, or even know me. XD

TDC! It's MS, welcome back! :3

Yup. We're dead.

Lets hope we die with mercy....

*Is just told about being off topic**Contributes to being off topic anyways*I've heard some speculation, but I don't think we've discussed it much in GD.Anybody have any theories as to what's coming to the island? The mix between the "other thing" drilling in Onu-Wahi, and the Submarine, I'd imagine we're going to find out if the rest of the MU exists or not.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

I've heard some speculation, but I don't think we've discussed it much in GD.Anybody have any theories as to what's coming to the island? The mix between the "other thing" drilling in Onu-Wahi, and the Submarine, I'd imagine we're going to find out if the rest of the MU exists or not.

Well, if we're speculating on "next year", there's this image that Nuju posted a while ago. Unless I'm very much mistaken, that's Thok's ice gun (or maybe another ice gun that just looks like Thok's).

On his own, though, or even with the other Piraka in tow, I don't think Thok would be too much to get excited about, or make the plot for an entire arc. If that is Thok, I think there'll be something beside his turning up. Maybe he'll bring something or someone with him that will really send some shockwaves through the game.

The Piraka are more powerful than any of the Skakdi currently in the game, but I think there would have to be a greater reason if they were to arrive on Mata Nui than just introducing a gang of former Dark Hunters. Something brought them (or possibly sent them), and that would be the real plot-maker. The Pirakas' presence would just be an indicator or side-effect of something deeper going on.

ppg2.png

I've heard some speculation, but I don't think we've discussed it much in GD.Anybody have any theories as to what's coming to the island? The mix between the "other thing" drilling in Onu-Wahi, and the Submarine, I'd imagine we're going to find out if the rest of the MU exists or not.

Well, if we're speculating on "next year", there's this image that Nuju posted a while ago. Unless I'm very much mistaken, that's Thok's ice gun (or maybe another ice gun that just looks like Thok's).

On his own, though, or even with the other Piraka in tow, I don't think Thok would be too much to get excited about, or make the plot for an entire arc. If that is Thok, I think there'll be something beside his turning up. Maybe he'll bring something or someone with him that will really send some shockwaves through the game.

The Piraka are more powerful than any of the Skakdi currently in the game, but I think there would have to be a greater reason if they were to arrive on Mata Nui than just introducing a gang of former Dark Hunters. Something brought them (or possibly sent them), and that would be the real plot-maker. The Pirakas' presence would just be an indicator or side-effect of something deeper going on.

OK where in the world was I and why didn't I ever see that teaser. I've seriously never seen it before.Goodness me, this is embarrassing.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

OK where in the world was I and why didn't I ever see that teaser. I've seriously never seen it before.Goodness me, this is embarrassing.

I think all the images we have so far are these ones:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/John-Lennon/Digital-Art/preview_1.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/John-Lennon/Digital-Art/preview_2.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/John-Lennon/Digital-Art/preview_3.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/John-Lennon/Digital-Art/preview_4.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/John-Lennon/Digital-Art/preview_5.png

(though that last one was posted on April 1st, so i wouldn't trust it).

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

I think all the images we have so far are these ones:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/John-Lennon/Digital-Art/preview_1.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/John-Lennon/Digital-Art/preview_2.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/John-Lennon/Digital-Art/preview_3.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/John-Lennon/Digital-Art/preview_4.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/John-Lennon/Digital-Art/preview_5.png

(though that last one was posted on April 1st, so i wouldn't trust it).

The first three link to the image with the submarine, and the last two are the two crystaline Toa.

By the way, it appears one has an Iden and yellow eyes, so probably a Toa of Fire or something, probably male, and the other is a female Toa with a Hau and light blue eyes, so probably Toa of Ice. Any ideas who that could be?

And that other teaser looks pretty clearly like Thok to me. I mean, it has the weapon, the colors, and the same arm as Thok. What else could it be?

Thanks Wade, Lorax, Beggerpie, Hubert, Emissary, and Snipe. Glad to be back.

So it seems we've got a submarine filled with Piraka, or at least someone carrying around Thok's severed arm and weapon. This could certainly make for an interesting development.Personally, I can't help but hope it means the Dark Hunters are coming. A bit of a longshot, sure, be we don't know if Thok was removed from membership in this world... or even if the Dark Hunters exist, but still... One can hope.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

The first three link to the image with the submarine, and the last two are the two crystaline Toa.

Fixed

By the way, it appears one has an Iden and yellow eyes, so probably a Toa of Fire or something, probably male, and the other is a female Toa with a Hau and light blue eyes, so probably Toa of Ice. Any ideas who that could be?

Well, Matoro Inika was the only canonical wearer of the kanohi iden, and I'm pretty sure it isn't him in the picture, so I conclude that the crystal toa are BZPRPG originals, rather than canon transplants.

And that other teaser looks pretty clearly like Thok to me. I mean, it has the weapon, the colors, and the same arm as Thok. What else could it be?

It's either Thok, or someone who happens to have the same lower arm and weapon that he did.

Going on to ther things we know about the next arc, Nuju did a powercast interview in November, in which he said that the tech level of Mata Nui was going to rise enough to allow "foreign" tech for Matoran and Toa characters. This may or may not have something to do with the second preview image (the one of a Matoran who looks a bit like Nuparu building something that looks a bit like a boxor, in a place that looks a lot like Onu-wahi (I'm not certain of any of these things though. The staffies could well pull something out of the hat)).

One other thing he said (and to me, this is a bit more revealing) was that while this past arc has been centred around the power of Makuta, and players trying to either overthrow or preserve that, the next arc will have a much greater focus on the power of player-created groups as they compete to fill the power vacuum.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

I looked though some of the profiles to see who wears an Iden, but there were so many, and I don't know enough about how active they are or what they would look like to narrow it down. They'll probably be staff characters anyways.Thanks for fixing the links, they work much better now. The Boxor is interesting, does that imply the Bohrok will awake? And why the "Stay Out" sign?Also, didn't the Mata die? That last teaser clearly shows Gali and Tahu, but I thought they got infected and faded away when Makuta died?EDIT: I guess you're right that all of this could just be staff making it look like something. For all we know, that one that looks like Nuparu could be Taipu meeting some new species under what's left of the Kumu Islets.

Edited by Click

That last picture was the April Fools prank, the Mata are dead and probably not going to be seen again for a while, if ever.

I don't think that a Boxor needs to be made out of Bohrok parts. Nuparu only made the first one out of it because that was the only thing he had at hand.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1