Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

So will the next arc start next week, or this weekend? I'm kinda confused on that.

Though not stated outright, it seems to have been implied that it will start sometime this weekend.But I could be wrong.

I got the same feeling, that's mainly why I'm asking in the first place.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

@Geardirector:

This topic will remain open as a discussion center and speculation topic until the new arc of our story begins next weekend.

Rest assured that the new season will begin promptly next weekend.

Q2TtLEz.png

Nuju said that the new arc would start this weekend. I think that part was bolded in the post a couple pages ago so it should be easy to find.

Edit: Like that.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

As a side-note. Anyone who's planning anything big for the next arc that will allow other people to join. I'd be happy to apply. If you think I could bring something good to your table. PM me if you find me amusing/sad enough for that.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I'd love to plan something good but I'm (surprisingly) not great at coming up with ideas for it. I just seem to latch on to other people's plans as a result. I really shouldn't do that sort of thing.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

I'd love to plan something good but I'm (surprisingly) not great at coming up with ideas for it. I just seem to latch on to other people's plans as a result. I really shouldn't do that sort of thing.

Maybe we could put our heads together, I'll PM you, if I come up with something.

The previous request still stands, though.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Wait, a question on the everything needing new approval thing:

• I got something (A Skakdi's gun) approved three days before the arc ended. Does it need re approval because the timeframe was so small?

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

• [*]I got something (A Skakdi's gun) approved three days before the arc ended. Does it need re approval because the timeframe was so small?

Yes:

Now, I know that keeping a custom species at, or, preferably, below Toa-level power is the general rule, but is there any more specific level of power that can not be exceeded? Also, how are custom powers measured against the powers of canon species?Also, I have a dim memory of someone mentioning that a custom species can have a maximum of three Kanohi-esque powers. This seems to present the possibility of insane power, so I may be confused on that, or simply in the possession of a fault memory.

You're definitely misremembering words I spoke. It was likely in regards to Anthyn who, with her abilities, arguably has the rough equivalent three Kanohi powers (Speed, Strength and Flight). I've often admitted that this is much and have been sure to tone down the range of those abilities considerably to compromise and be right. So no, you are correct in following your got here and deeming three full Kanohi powers are very much over the acceptable limit.

Does that include species?

Yes. Elements, tools, tech and species will all need to be reevaluated and reapproved.

Well, it was a really short amount of time. THREE days. It hasn't been a year, which is the kind of thing I think they want re-approved. It hasn't been some huge span of time. I don't think anything has change in their policies since then, and I haven't even used the character. It was less than a week.

Another question. I want to use a custom element, and I can't know if the user is going to get it re-approved. Should I send it in even if I don't have a character using it yet?

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

As a side-note. Anyone who's planning anything big for the next arc that will allow other people to join. I'd be happy to apply. If you think I could bring something good to your table. PM me if you find me amusing/sad enough for that.

If you or anyone thought the Four Peers were finished, you'd be mistaken; they will be back in fuller force this next season. Ambages will do much more than attend meetings and chill in his flat.

Oh so much more. :)

• I got something (A Skakdi's gun) approved three days before the arc ended. Does it need re approval because the timeframe was so small?

It's not too hard to grasp: Anything you want to have in the new season will need to be approved again. It's just that simple.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

*coughs uneasily*

Well, I'm new here (obviously; check my post count :P), and although I've been lurking on the BZP forums off-and-on for the last few years, I don't really know the BZPRPG moderators all that well... which makes it hard for me to guess at what they might have in store... blah blah blah.

Anyways, I'm guessing that the contents of the unidentified submarine-type vehicle are the six Piraka. In the canonical storyline, who showed up after Makuta Teridax was 'defeated'? Who else would come from some location overseas and need an ocean-going mode of transport to get to Mata Nui? Who else would actually be able to get their clawed hands on such a vehicle, save a half-dozen ex-Dark Hunters?

I'm probably wrong, but I just thought I'd throw my theory on the table with the rest.

If you or anyone thought the Four Peers were finished, you'd be mistaken; they will be back in fuller force this next season. Ambages will do much more than attend meetings and chill in his flat.

Oh so much more. :)

Is that reffering to the Second and Third Boats full of Xa-Matoran that are still off somewhere? Or did that already all happen?

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

Those are in a canyon in Po-wahi laying low right now. I'm sure we are going to see them doing something next year though.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

*coughs uneasily*

Well, I'm new here (obviously; check my post count :P), and although I've been lurking on the BZP forums off-and-on for the last few years, I don't really know the BZPRPG moderators all that well... which makes it hard for me to guess at what they might have in store... blah blah blah.

Anyways, I'm guessing that the contents of the unidentified submarine-type vehicle are the six Piraka. In the canonical storyline, who showed up after Makuta Teridax was 'defeated'? Who else would come from some location overseas and need an ocean-going mode of transport to get to Mata Nui? Who else would actually be able to get their clawed hands on such a vehicle, save a half-dozen ex-Dark Hunters?

I'm probably wrong, but I just thought I'd throw my theory on the table with the rest.

'Sup bro. Welcome to BZPRPG (and by extension, BZPower)! Leave your sanity at the door, please. :P

Just for the record, though, canon has pretty much been thrown at the window for this game. There is no Teridax. As far as we're aware, the Dark Hunters don't exist. Karz, the entire MU may not actually exist.

But hey, you never know -- the GMs are notoriously unpredictable. We way yet see that *winkwink* gang on the loose in Mata Nui. ;)

i'm so sorry for that joke please forgive me

Just curious, why isn't the BZPRGP rules topic locked? All other rules topics are that I've seen.

It's sort of the unspoken law that nobody except the GMs post there at all, so there's really no reason to lock it.

[ BZPRPG ]

*coughs uneasily*

Welcome!

As my compatriot has said, the only real requirement here is that you leave your sanity behind when you enter here. :P If you need any help, the staff (Nuju, Emzee, EW, and Tuck) would be more than happy to give you a hand, as would most of the players here.

Next season should be starting up in a few days, so you picked a good time to join. I would recommend reading the Rules and Index thoroughly, particularly Friar Tuck's Guide to Common Sense. It should make things a lot easier for you when you get going.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well, it'll be good to have somebody new.

I've been wanting to join the RPG for a while now, but I didn't want to have to catch up on the story. Can't wait for the restart, I'm already working on a character!

You may want to brush up on a basic outline of the last arc's story though, just for an extra bit of knowledge.

Since I'm thinking of joining, could someone give me an extremely general idea of what happened during the last arc? As far as I can tell, Makuta's attacking, villages defend themselves, a new Toa Team was created, there was something about pirates, and then the huge Rahkshi battle at the end, with Makuta being defeated by a mysterious Toa. What else was major that I missed?

Edited by Click

Well, it'll be good to have somebody new.

I've been wanting to join the RPG for a while now, but I didn't want to have to catch up on the story. Can't wait for the restart, I'm already working on a character!

You may want to brush up on a basic outline of the last arc's story though, just for an extra bit of knowledge.

Since I'm thinking of joining, could someone give me an extremely general idea of what happened during the last arc? As far as I can tell, Makuta's attacking, villages defend themselves, a new Toa Team was created, there was something about pirates, and then the huge Rahkshi battle at the end, with Makuta being defeated by a mysterious Toa. What else was major that I missed?

The New toa team was called the Maru. It consits of some of the awesomest characters in the RPG, so it's a good idea to follow them. The Maru defeated Makuta, but he released his Rahkshi on the villages, Causing mass devastation. Now the Maru have returened to there villages.

Lohkar's pirates are another group of cool characters.

There was the whole thing with the Mark Bearers that requires a whole wiki page to explain, but isn't all that relevent now.

Skyra had a mistake with an Iden, which is causing some crazy plot stuff.

And there is alot more, but you can learn that as you go.

AND THATS WHAT YOU MISSED ON: BZPRPG 2012

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

...Or, we can give the detailed version.

This season was set on an alternate Mata Nui, where the Mata lost against Makuta. One hundred years later is the present time, where the population has been bolstered by Toa, Skakdi, Vortixx and a few custom species. The villages have not yet suffered any direct assault in many years, though the looming threat has kept them wary.

The first bits of the main plot appeared when Tuck presented a challenge to track down the Chroniclers Company, all of whom had disappeared in one way or another. When found, they provided clues in the form of riddles. Each one corresponded to a Temple in each Wahi, and each Temple contained a stone. Eventually, all of them were found, and all of them were killed by Makuta's followers.

While all of this had been occurring, the Island Liberation Squad was forming. This has little importance now, but will be relevant later.

Rahkshi attack Po-Koro, and while they are repelled, they cause severe damage. Not long after, they also attack in Le-Wahi.

The Turaga are all kidnapped, and taken to Makuta, where they are latched with Parakuka (Similar to Kraata, but different. See Wiki below.). The ILS decides to attack the Nui Rama Hive, and after a furious battle against Rama, a Toa of Shadow, Rahkshi, and berserker-Turaga, they succeed. A tall obelisk is left in its place, with a mysterious phrase.

The Maru, though not yet named as such, are gathered by Takua. They lose two of their number through various means, and Takua is killed keeping them safe. After a time, they gather all six Essence Stones (Toa stones on steroids), and become Toa at the obelisk unearthed earlier. After slaying a team of Rahkshi, they travel to a mystical location to gain their masks and weapons. Joske during this time defeats the Toa of Shadow. After this, all travel to Kini-Nui, and the Maru descend to defeat Makuta, whilst Joske and others hold off Rahi and Makuta's Followers on the surface.

Hundreds of Rahkshi gather outside each village, which attack while the Maru are fighting Makuta. Makuta is defeated by usage of Stannis' mask, Rahkshi are defeated, and now you're up to present.

This has all the information you're looking for with a bit more detail. This was a barebones summary.

http://bzprpg.wikia.com/wiki/Encyclopaedia_of_the_BZPRPG_Wiki

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Y'Know, we could use a Wiki Editing topic or something, just to orginize and get more stuff on it

We never got confirmation that Macku was dead, did we?

.No, no we did not. But I think she is IC'ly

Edited by The Lonesome Wanderer

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

Y'Know, we could use a Wiki Editing topic or something, just to orginize and get more stuff on it

We never got confirmation that Macku was dead, did we?

.No, no we did not. But I think she is IC'ly

Wiki editing was organized by Ghosthands last week. And having a topic defeats the purpose of having a wiki, and it's rather egotistical for us to assume that a mere archive of information needs its own topic to coordinate.

fK5oqYf.jpg

*coughs uneasily* Well, I'm new here (obviously; check my post count :P), and although I've been lurking on the BZP forums off-and-on for the last few years, I don't really know the BZPRPG moderators all that well... which makes it hard for me to guess at what they might have in store... blah blah blah. Anyways, I'm guessing that the contents of the unidentified submarine-type vehicle are the six Piraka. In the canonical storyline, who showed up after Makuta Teridax was 'defeated'? Who else would come from some location overseas and need an ocean-going mode of transport to get to Mata Nui? Who else would actually be able to get their clawed hands on such a vehicle, save a half-dozen ex-Dark Hunters? I'm probably wrong, but I just thought I'd throw my theory on the table with the rest.

Welcome. You joined at the right time, I would say. But about you theory, the RPG will most likely not follow the canon. As Kal Grochi puts it, this is the BZPRPG, it's going to deviate from canon just because we aren't Greg.

Specifically Kalama's marines which are quite easy to lambast in hindsight.

Uhhh.....Ehehehehe..........

In any case, interestingly, Macku could pop back up. Would be nice, having her help the players out months after disappearing.....

and if she does she'd be a target of cd-help for me

Edited by JL v2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Not just Macku, mind you. Kopeke was also taken out of play by the marines and never heard from again. I've actually been wondering about this for quite some time, but for now I just assume Heuani killed them both offscreen, or Makuta just sent some other minion to deal with them. Though there is always uncertainty with what has happened offscreen.

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Nope, Macku could not come back. It happened a long time after the Marines left the game and there wasn't much fuss made about it, but Nuju later stated that all of the Chronicler's Comapny had been hunted down and killed by Makuta's servants off-camera. He said it sometime after Kapura's death, I think.

I'll edit this and quote the post if I can find it.

ppg2.png