Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Whaaaaat? No epic mass-PC vs Rahkshi battle?...Well, I guess that's what the wrap-up topic is...

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Something tells me this is going to be a very, very slow week for me as I await for the next arc. I guess that's just because, for me, this was all incredibly subtle. Like, one moment Ga-Koro is finally getting to where we can prepare to defend against the inevitable slaughter, and the next the NPCs basically do the player's job for them.Not that I'm unhappy this didn't end before, say, July of 2014, of course, just saying the week will be kinda dull for me.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

Well, this is probably the first post of mine I'd ever consider anything reminiscent of remotely good, so...

It was a pleasure

Take a look, will ya, and say a few words about it, that's all I ask.

Actually rather excellent, especially among posts by you, if I do say so myself.

I rather like how the wrap-up has everyone do psychologically relevant stuff to their characters.

-Dovydas

With the exception of, well, me, since in my existence in the BZPRPG Voutok has, aside from traveling, accomplished...Absolutely nothing.

"Wrong."

That wouldn't be true. Even if your characters haven't grown (which I doubt highly), you've still grown, and that's more important to the health of your characters than anything else.

And though it sounds very, very corny, that statement is still true.

As for me, here's my final post for this segment of the RPG. Hopefully, some of you actually kinda/sorta like it.

The Use of a Shield

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

Well well well, it's finally over. The good guys won.

About time! :P

Congrats all around, and good rping on EVERYONE'S part; y'all played a roll in this story and it's important, no matter how small or insignificant. You were all part of this story, and all I gotta say is this: in my nearly ten years of playing this game, that had to of been possibly the best arc ever written and played out. And I mean it. Well done everyone. Really I am proud of you all. Now we get to do it all over again and make an ever BETTER story this next arc! So excited-

Wait, did Nuju post the submarine?

Well well, look at that. Nuju DID post my submarine. Hm? Oh, yes, you heard me right: MY submarine. Not Nuju's. Not EW's. Mine.

And everything that comes with that craft... meheheheeeee...

Oh yes, looking forward to this next arc. It'll be fun.

:evilgrin:

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

And among such 'commercials' is the epic conclusion to the Krell/Kuhrin plot that nobody reads.

GROOVY BABY

[gif with flashing lights]

don't forget to advertise the conclusion of the League of Shades plot. It's pretty cool too.

(also I don't know what to say to that image seeing as that character was my display name for a while)

- Indigo Individual

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

That wouldn't be true. Even if your characters haven't grown (which I doubt highly), you've still grown, and that's more important to the health of your characters than anything else. And though it sounds very, very corny, that statement is still true. -Elrond

*character hasn'tAnd aside from not being incredibly ignorant of current events and the world in general, Voutok hasn't exactly accomplished anything worth mentioning (unless you count the rushed and all-but-self-forced post of mine in the Wrap-Up thread, which I myself don't due to the sinking feeling that something in it is done wrong).From an OOC perspective, not much has changed aside from having another (albeit great) writing experience and getting yelled at for drastic misinterpretations of sarcasm and misreading significant statements. The later two are not exactly things that look good for a (relatively) newbie.I kinda see your point, though. Just getting some facts straight. Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

"Wrong."

Well, this is probably the first post of mine I'd ever consider anything reminiscent of remotely good, so...

It was a pleasure

Actually rather excellent, especially among posts by you, if I do say so myself.

What's that supposed to imply?

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

It was a pleasure

That most of your posts were worse.

Not to say they were bad. Just not as good.

People, I think we should throw an official feast for the victory before this week ends.

Ta-Koro can hold the feast in Perkahn's house, I don't mind. :P

-Dovydas

Well, I still have on character left in Ta, so... sure.

Good. I'll try to get something organized, if everyone else is okay with it. :P

-Dovydas

It was a pleasure

That most of your posts were worse.

Not to say they were bad. Just not as good.

>

People, I think we should throw an official feast for the victory before this week ends.

Ta-Koro can hold the feast in Perkahn's house, I don't mind. :P

-Dovydas

Well, I still have on character left in Ta, so... sure.

Good. I'll try to get something organized, if everyone else is okay with it. :P

-Dovydas

Grochi's got the drinks.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

ummm..... Chainquoting?

Anyway, do you think there'll be a timeskip between now and the second part, or will it be continuous?

-Elrond

I believe Nuju stated at one point that there would be a timeskip. No one -except the staff- know how long that interval will be. I'd say more than a week and less than a year.

Or will it take place in an entirely different setting?

The next arc will take place on the same Mata Nui as this arc.

ummm..... Chainquoting?

Anyway, do you think there'll be a timeskip between now and the second part, or will it be continuous?

-Elrond

I believe Nuju stated at one point that there would be a timeskip. No one -except the staff- know how long that interval will be. I'd say more than a week and less than a year.

>Or will it take place in an entirely different setting?

The next arc will take place on the same Mata Nui as this arc.

Aw, pity, I was hoping we would continue right along, start the new plot immediately after and get to see the consequences of Makuta's defeat first-hand...i hope the skip isn't longer than a few days.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Personally I think your wrap up post was great, Voutok. Better then mine, since this is more or less the first time I have done things on this scale, I suppose that is to be expected.

Everybody is their own worst critic.

As far as the time skip goes, it would probably be a good thing to remember that the entire arc took place over the course of a month or so. We need to give the PCs time to "unwind" or people are going to start having nervous breakdowns.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Well that was a rather abrupt and out of the blue character death. I feel like it could have more effect if there was more then a few lines dedicated to Lohkar's death.

It was a great fight scene though, got a real swashbuckling feel as a I read it.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

-Elrond

The timeskip will be much longer than a few days and weeks -- think more like a couple months. Thus, it is imperative that the wrapping up is as complete as possible so you have less work in trying to link timelines when the new season starts.

Note: Several people are seeking interaction in the Wrapup Topic. That's fine, I guess, but keep in mind that the point of that topic is to finish loose ends, not seek more interaction and make more. That topic is finite and will be closed this weekend to concentrate on ending your current plots.

Note2: No chainqoting, plx.

Thanks.