Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I very much hope so, since you doing something like that is very unlikely.

I very much hope that you aren't talking one on one with another player in GD, and passive-aggressively taking aim at their own conduct. Especially a member of the community well known for having a level head.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

No, it was because said player is known for a level of play that makes such conduct rather confusing.

Also, nothing was said about ship-artillery support when I read it.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Guuuuuuyyyz!

You know, just sayin', I might want to use a few charries for next year's arc, charries that will need to be killed for storyline reasons. So if you have some excess baggage, but not sure if you want to knock them off, hang on to them. I'll be needing a few victi-I mean, volunteers in a few months for plot purposes. Who knows? Maybe they'll get a chance to take a long walk off a short pier Tuck-style in their cement galoshes.

No promises, but I WILL need a few :evilbiggrin:

Why, certainly, my good sir. I will gladly donate one or two to the cause.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I did read the post. As I said before, that extra four words about ship support were not there the first time I read it.

It is also slightly confusing since the first chracter says that he got a grand total of twenty-five and then amends that to twenty-five after deducting ones he got help with.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I did read the post. As I said before, that extra four words about ship support were not there the first time I read it.

It is also slightly confusing since the first chracter says that he got a grand total of twenty-five and then amends that to twenty-five after deducting ones he got help with.

FYI, it's midnight over here, I am rather tired, I edited it in a few minutes later when reading over it again. And if it still isn't clear: The twenty-five dead Rahkshi thing is a joke.

Anyway, Tuck, depending on how much activity I can must next arc, I might need to cut down a char or two, in case I can't keep playing them all. If that happens, I will donate them to your cause. No promises yet, though.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Hence the confusion when not many other people do it like that.

I came off as rather aggressive with my first post there. It was poorly worded and came out wrong, sorry for that.

Edit: Tired would also explain it.

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Yes they will (though don't be surprised if we end up just replacing the topic too. Fresh slates can be nice). The BZPRPG is technically closed for this period, while we work out things behind the scenes (and of course, give our top performers much-deserved rest). Just paste them in a doc in the meantime and you'll be good to go when the game opens next week. ^_^

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

I've been wanting to join the RPG for a while now, but I didn't want to have to catch up on the story. Can't wait for the restart, I'm already working on a character!

Well, it'll be good to have somebody new.

You may want to brush up on a basic outline of the last arc's story though, just for an extra bit of knowledge.

So.... Is the next season going to continue where this left off, is there gonna be some time between them or something entirely different altogether?

I assume there's gonna be a time-skip of some sort.

Yes, there will be a time-skip. Several weeks will have passed by the time the next arc starts. How many exactly I do not know, that is something the staffies will tell us soon enough. The location Mata Nui remains though.

IMPORTANT QUESTION TIME!Do we need stuff that had to be approved for this past season re-approved for the next?

If it was approved by a staffie the previous arc there should be no problem for this arc either. However, if there is something you want to give a character that you are unsure about, it's always better to ask the staff beforehand.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IMPORTANT QUESTION TIME!Do we need stuff that had to be approved for this past season re-approved for the next?

If it was approved by a staffie the previous arc there should be no problem for this arc either. However, if there is something you want to give a character that you are unsure about, it's always better to ask the staff beforehand.

ATTENTION PLAYERS! EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!

For once VF is wrong :P

Nuju has discussed this with me, and he has decided (some time ago; why he didn't say it earlier is beyond me besides laziness) that anything that requires approval, PAST OR CURRENT WILL NEED TO BE RE-APPROVED. We are re-starting the profile pages, so if it's a special power not listed, an item, mask, or whathaveyou, you will need to re-submit it to Nuju. A small pain, I know, but this is a way to weed out the things no longer used as well as clamp down on some of the past discrepancies and miscommunications between staff on what is allowed and what is not. This is not as bad as it sounds; if you already had it approved once, and use it fairly regularly and there has been no misuse or complaints, 90% chance it'll get re-approved. But since we are kinda cleaning up and starting up fresh with a new story all the old toys need to be reviewed and if broken, thrown away; not to mention give YOU the payers a chance to review your own charries :P Sorry for any inconvenience.

EXCEPTIONS: The following charries are exempt from this procedure:

-The Toa Maru and all equipment (obvious reasons)

-Angelus' sword

-Angi's mask (Corv, hit me up on skype however; there IS one small detail we need to discuss about it)

End note: DO NOT PM us about getting things approved UNTIL the updated rules/new profile pages go up. We/Nuju WILL NOT even look at it and delete the PM. Give us a chance to take a breather and unclutter the rules we have. There will be no major changes, but the few streamlines we're doing might affect things in small ways.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Nuju has discussed this with me, and he has decided (some time ago; why he didn't say it earlier is beyond me besides laziness) that anything that requires approval, PAST OR CURRENT WILL NEED TO BE RE-APPROVED.

Are we going to be sending it to the staff member that approved it, or will all of the staff members have the right to say a pre-approved character/mask/power/species is approved once more? On a completely unrelated note, I've been considering toying around with a new custom species, and I have a question, concerning something I've never been sure on. Now, I know that keeping a custom species at, or, preferably, below Toa-level power is the general rule, but is there any more specific level of power that can not be exceeded? Also, how are custom powers measured against the powers of canon species?

Also, I have a dim memory of someone mentioning that a custom species can have a maximum of three Kanohi-esque powers. This seems to present the possibility of insane power, so I may be confused on that, or simply in the possession of a fault memory.

pNNgXax.jpg

Well, he did say...

Nuju has discussed this with me, and he has decided (some time ago; why he didn't say it earlier is beyond me besides laziness) that anything that requires approval, PAST OR CURRENT WILL NEED TO BE RE-APPROVED. We are re-starting the profile pages, so if it's a special power not listed, an item, mask, or whathaveyou, you will need to re-submit it to Nuju

I believe custom species is covered by the 'whathaveyou' part.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

Now, I know that keeping a custom species at, or, preferably, below Toa-level power is the general rule, but is there any more specific level of power that can not be exceeded? Also, how are custom powers measured against the powers of canon species?

Also, I have a dim memory of someone mentioning that a custom species can have a maximum of three Kanohi-esque powers. This seems to present the possibility of insane power, so I may be confused on that, or simply in the possession of a fault memory.

You're definitely misremembering words I spoke. It was likely in regards to Anthyn who, with her abilities, arguably has the rough equivalent three Kanohi powers (Speed, Strength and Flight). I've often admitted that this is much and have been sure to tone down the range of those abilities considerably to compromise and be right. So no, you are correct in following your got here and deeming three full Kanohi powers are very much over the acceptable limit.

Does that include species?

Yes. Elements, tools, tech and species will all need to be reevaluated and reapproved.

So will the next arc start next week, or this weekend? I'm kinda confused on that.

Though not stated outright, it seems to have been implied that it will start sometime this weekend.But I could be wrong.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG