Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Just curious, why isn't the BZPRGP rules topic locked? All other rules topics are that I've seen.

Because if you take a good look at it its the Rules and Index; there are several important and interesting things in that topic, including, but not limited to: rules, Common Sense Guide, quite location/map reference, plot points, Mata-Nui News, etc. Basically it is a rules and catch-all that staff made to relay important news and general happenings for the players about the game. That being said, it has been updated frequently enough that the three of us that have made post and contribute to that topic decided to leave it unlocked. That way my fellow staffies don't have to keep asking me to unlock it while they edit a post and then ask me to lock it back up again.

Let's just say it got real old real quick.

All you need to know that it is a staff-only topic in which we post general knowledge about the game and how to play in it, updated semi-regularly. Carry on :P

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Found it! It took much longer than I expected, but here it is.

Everyone, assume that the other Chronicler's Company matoran, if not specified, have been killed after they disappeared. Makuta doesn't leave loose ends - Nuju just does. :P I forgot to dispose of them more thoroughly earlier. They're out-of-game for all intents and purposes, sorry.

ppg2.png

So, uh, I made my last post for this season. Anyone who is interested in Verak and has a lot of spare time may want to read it. Looots of backstory. Nowhere near as good as I would like, though, but I can't force good writing. Anyway, I'd like to present:

~ Sand ~

That was a really good read. Even though I don't know all that much about Verak, it was still well written and interesting.

Hey, Toa Astha players! Do we want to do anything in particular to wrap-up the team? I assume they'd be celebrating along with everyone else and helping to repair the damage the Rahkshi caused, it it would be cool to do something else with the team as well.

ppg2.png

*comes back to lurk fifteen GD pages and a sudden epic finale later*ron_burgundy.jpg?w=500You all are either absolutely brilliant, utterly insane, or both.I like it.In other news, hello again! Nickname is Cor on every other website, and though I have about four years of text-based RP experience under my belt, I can't say I've ever participated in any form of Bionicle RP; so this should prove to be an interesting ride. I'm slowly working my way through the BZPRPG Wiki, but I thought I'd check and see if y'all had any pages/subjects in particular that you think a newbie like myself should absolutely positively study up on before the start of the new season. Any tips you can provide that aren't on the rules pages and such? Also, just how far does the BZPRPG deviate from canon in terms of real-world references/equipment/etc.? (I've seen references to a bar or two, for example.) I want to know just what I'm getting myself into. :P Thanks in advance!

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

In other news, hello again! Nickname is Cor on every other website, and though I have about four years of text-based RP experience under my belt, I can't say I've ever participated in any form of Bionicle RP; so this should prove to be an interesting ride. I'm slowly working my way through the BZPRPG Wiki, but I thought I'd check and see if y'all had any pages/subjects in particular that you think a newbie like myself should absolutely positively study up on before the start of the new season. Any tips you can provide that aren't on the rules pages and such? Also, just how far does the BZPRPG deviate from canon in terms of real-world references/equipment/etc.? (I've seen references to a bar or two, for example.) I want to know just what I'm getting myself into. :P Thanks in advance!

Allow me to be of assistance.

First, I'd recommend reading our staff plot summary. It's not quite finished yet, but it will give you an excellent background on the year's events. If you want to know about influential groups, I'd recommend the Four Peers, the ILF, and the Cultured Gentry. Have a good trawl through the locations category to see how our Mata Nui differs from the canon one, and you may also want to look at the various species that inhabit it.

As to your question about real-world stuff, we try to keep that moderate. Things like bars, as you mentioned, certainly exist, because it's plausible that they would in this universe. Mind you, they would not look like modern bars inside! It would be relatively simplistic, made only of what materials are available on Mata Nui. And as for real-world equipment? Well, you could certainly have your character carry, say, a pair of binoculars around. They are a simple device that could very reasonably be carried over into our game-world. There is a point, however, where things become unnecessary and detract from the game rather than add to it. We don't want characters running around with M16 assault rifles, for example :P

As for tips - the rules pages are pretty comprehensive. My general advice would be to start out humble, because (in my opinion) that's the best way to gain respect in this community and not look like a bombastic newbie. Get to know your fellow players by this topic or PM. When making a character, concentrate on the person, not the powers. Action has its place (and believe me, when played properly, can be amazing), but remember that interaction can be a lot more fulfilling.

And, of course, have fun! :)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

In fact, just don't use a mahiki at all. Nuju has said that that mask will most likely not be on the list of allowed masks in the caoming arc. What will happen to those players who already wear the mask, I do not know yet, but I doubt that any new mahiki-users will be able to be introduced.

ppg2.png

Haha... yes. I was thinking this afternoon that someone would have to step in as a rallying point for the old Makuta Followers.

It looks like Echelon is up for taking that role, and I can imagine him doing a pretty good job. Yes, this fits nicely with my plans.

ppg2.png

Hey, Toa Astha players! Do we want to do anything in particular to wrap-up the team? I assume they'd be celebrating along with everyone else and helping to repair the damage the Rahkshi caused, it it would be cool to do something else with the team as well.

Welp, only problem I have is that Skyra is already wrapped up. So it will have to be done without her.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

And Merror's still on holiday XD

Incidentally, does anybody know how long the timeskip's gonna be? Because if it's more than a couple of weeks, I may have a few...problems...

Nope, nobody knows apart from the staff, who haven't told us really anything. All we know is 'at least a couple of weeks'.

Oh well. In any case, a Toa Astha wrapup would be nice. I wanna catch up on their story.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

The wrap-up topic is for, well, wrapping up loose ends, not introducing new stuff. Of course, if you wanted to post a paragraph or so preview of what's to come next season at the end of a post for an actual wrap-up, I'd assume that would be all right. Especially if the new character was interacting with an existing character.

Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

I see that I have a lot of catching up to do, even after reading the shortened version of events from several people.

The island sure seems to have gone through a lot since I left, and I have to find a way to make any characters of mine as clueless about it as me, otherwise I won't be able to properly play them, not knowing something that they should.

It appears that I shall be joining back into the game, on a much smaller character scale than before.

Of course, most people probably don't remember me, or even know me. XD

Edited by The Dark Chronicler

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I see that I have a lot of catching up to do, even after reading the shortened version of events from several people.

The island sure seems to have gone through a lot since I left, and I have to find a way to make any characters of mine as clueless about it as me, otherwise I won't be able to properly play them, not knowing something that they should.

It appears that I shall be joining back into the game, on a much smaller character scale than before.

TDC, you're back :D

Now stahp the capitalisations ;_;

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

TDC, you're back :D

Now stahp the capitalisations ;_;

Feels good to be back. With the summer arriving, I should actually be able to get in RPG time. Plus with college next year and not having classes every single day, I might actually be able to stick around for a while.

Sorry about that, I had somehow accidentally made every word in my posts capitalized. (I probably shouldn't have been playing around with the post customization options.)

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Yeah, finding a familiar person seems a lot harder now. I'm seeing a lot of new faces here, none of which I know. XD

So seeing a few of the people I've seen before are still around is a positive experience.

And if anyone cares, I'm bringing back two characters. Vrana, and another that I'm not revealing yet.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

So, upon finding that this week is rapidly drawing to a close, I have several announcements to wake.

Firstly, The Horsemen! This is going to be starting up shortly after the new topics are posted. Seeing as how there's a few things that need to be approved/re-approved, expect that to start up at most a day after the new topics are posted. The Horsemen most likely will end up recruiting minions to work for them, so if you have bounty hunters/mercenary characters, have them seek out almost any of the The Horsemen after their arrival to try to find work. I'll be sure to elaborate more on The Horsemen, as well as their goals when the new topics are posted.

Secondly, I've been working on a new playable species, as well as a plot to accompanying them. Since they need to be re-approved for next year, I'm not going to talk much about them. Just know that they'll be there. I don't think I'll have qualms of any player wanting to make a character of this new species, so there might be a good number of them around the island...

Lastly, as soon as I'm done cleaning up the various things I need to take care of, I'm going to be taking a break from this section of BZP for the next few days. Gonna try to recompose myself for the next year, work on my comic, and all of that jazz.

It's been an awesome time playing the game with you guys, and I can't wait for round two.

Yeah, finding a familiar person seems a lot harder now. I'm seeing a lot of new faces here, none of which I know. XD

So seeing a few of the people I've seen before are still around is a positive experience.

And if anyone cares, I'm bringing back two characters. Vrana, and another that I'm not revealing yet.

Hey, look, it's the guy that dragged me here in the first place

hi guy who dragged me here in the first place

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

YOU'RE BACK

OMG

I LOVE YOU

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

(this is Vorex/Pirok just in case I'm unrecognisable but :DDDDDDDDDD)

Excellent. I don't know what new villains may be appearing next arc, but mark my words - Makuta's legacy will not be forgotten :evilbiggrin:

I am sensing serious Xerov references in these posts... :sly:

- Indigo Individual

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Oh wow hey TDC

You're back

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Hey, look, it's the guy that dragged me here in the first place

hi guy who dragged me here in the first place

Hey, look, it's the guy who stalked my characters.

Hi guy who stalked my characters. :P

Hey Grochi, good to see you.

YOU'RE BACK

OMG

I LOVE YOU

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

(this is Vorex/Pirok just in case I'm unrecognisable but :DDDDDDDDDD)

- Indigo Individual

Indeed I am.

I recognized you right away, Vorex. Glad to see another RPer I know.

Oh wow hey TDC

You're back

Indeed I am.

Nice to see you again, JL.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

In fact, just don't use a mahiki at all. Nuju has said that that mask will most likely not be on the list of allowed masks in the caoming arc. What will happen to those players who already wear the mask, I do not know yet, but I doubt that any new mahiki-users will be able to be introduced.

WAIT WHAT?! NO! NONONONONO! DEMOTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

:crying:

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

NEX Plot Update: In Front of the Curtain

Everyone interested in NEX should read this post immediately. Anyone not interested in NEX should probably do the same.

Let's all welcome TDC back. :evilgrin:

- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill