Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Oh wait. The suicide squad is Skakdi-only. Karz.
Wait, what? This is the suicide squad you guys were talking about?If so, I can assure you this is not a suicidal group with the objective of marching on straight to Makuta's lair just like that and get brutally murdered. It's Veef leading this guys, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't do that. He's got some awesome stuff planned out for us.Don't prove me wrong, Veef. :lol:

Oh wait. The suicide squad is Skakdi-only. Karz.
Wait, what? This is the suicide squad you guys were talking about?If so, I can assure you this is not a suicidal group with the objective of marching on straight to Makuta's lair just like that and get brutally murdered. It's Veef leading this guys, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't do that. He's got some awesome stuff planned out for us.Don't prove me wrong, Veef. :lol:
Kal made the original suicide squad.When it fell apart, it was all my fault. :(

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I now know that I am not alone.There are 72 other players with only one character. Of course, I'm probably the most active of that prestigious group...
I used to only have one character up until recently, now I have 3.
I used to have three characters until I was a few weeks in.Now my grand total is 37 (although I removed two from the profile page), and the amount of living characters is a pretty awesome 28 (technically 29, but as I said, two were removed from my profiles). Edited by Using Less Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

In ref to elemental Electricity moving at the speed of lightning:You guys know that on earth, electricity typically only moves through air in lightning? That's due in part to the immense number of prerequisites for that lightning strike. Stuff must be polarized, ion trails must be made between the two objects, etc. It doesn't immediately jump like we may think of it here-lightning can only hit after certain requirements have been fulfilled. The strike that takes far less than a second to blitz through air and torch a tree takes minutes to hours of buildup in reality.In Bionicle canon, lightning may not seem to possess the same restrictions. But other stuff moving at light speed (like light) can be dodged or blocked by those even without a Calix. Umbra did have trouble hitting the Inika sometimes even with his incredible speed. There's no reason to assume that shouldn't apply to other forms of electromagnetism.Realistically, I find it most prudent to assume that lightning is slowed down to about the pace other elements move at, even when charging the ground. At the very least lightning should be a lot slower than it is on earth to compensate for not fulfilling its numerous prerequisites. Besides, that gives it a huge advantage over over elements. Why not say that lightning can be dodged or blocked by a normal toa?

Edited by Francis Wisehead

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

In ref to elemental Electricity moving at the speed of lightning:You guys know that on earth, electricity typically only moves through air in lightning? That's due in part to the immense number of prerequisites for that lightning strike. Stuff must be polarized, ion trails must be made between the two objects, etc. It doesn't immediately jump like we may think of it here-lightning can only hit after certain requirements have been fulfilled. The strike that takes far less than a second to blitz through air and torch a tree takes minutes to hours of buildup in reality.In Bionicle canon, lightning may not seem to possess the same restrictions. But other stuff moving at light speed (like light) can be dodged or blocked by those even without a Calix. Takanuva didn't hit every time with his lasers afaik-not for wont of trying, either. And Umbra did have trouble hitting the Inika sometimes even with his incredible speed. There's no reason to assume that shouldn't apply to other forms of electromagnetism.Realistically, I find it most prudent to assume that lightning is slowed down to about the pace other elements move at, even when charging the ground. At the very least lightning should be a lot slower than it is on earth to compensate for not fulfilling its numerous prerequisites. Besides, that gives it a huge advantage over over elements. Why not say that lightning can be dodged or blocked by a normal toa?
I assume that the speed can be controlled, but that it takes a good deal more elemental energy to have it travelling at that speed.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

In ref to elemental Electricity moving at the speed of lightning:You guys know that on earth, electricity typically only moves through air in lightning? That's due in part to the immense number of prerequisites for that lightning strike. Stuff must be polarized, ion trails must be made between the two objects, etc. It doesn't immediately jump like we may think of it here-lightning can only hit after certain requirements have been fulfilled. The strike that takes far less than a second to blitz through air and torch a tree takes minutes to hours of buildup in reality.In Bionicle canon, lightning may not seem to possess the same restrictions. But other stuff moving at light speed (like light) can be dodged or blocked by those even without a Calix. Takanuva didn't hit every time with his lasers afaik-not for wont of trying, either. And Umbra did have trouble hitting the Inika sometimes even with his incredible speed. There's no reason to assume that shouldn't apply to other forms of electromagnetism.Realistically, I find it most prudent to assume that lightning is slowed down to about the pace other elements move at, even when charging the ground. At the very least lightning should be a lot slower than it is on earth to compensate for not fulfilling its numerous prerequisites. Besides, that gives it a huge advantage over over elements. Why not say that lightning can be dodged or blocked by a normal toa?
I assume that the speed can be controlled, but that it takes a good deal more elemental energy to have it travelling at that speed.
Then why wouldn't Takanuva-who spent a ton of time training his own element, mind-hit every time with lasers traveling at their Earth speed? And how would Lightning toa know the difference between impaired speed and normal without science?That sort of elemental mastery sounds implausible to me. And even if it is feasible, that's a hit from something that can easily kill traveling at a rate faster than any other element...Even the other insta-killers don't move at that pace. Let's keep it fair. Edited by Francis Wisehead

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Then why wouldn't Takanuva-who spent a ton of time training his own element, mind-hit every time with lasers traveling at their Earth speed? And how would Lightning toa know the difference between impaired speed and normal without science?
While I am of the opinion that lightning is slightly slower here than in real life, I want to quote a certain webcomic:Frans Rayner: "OK, but seriously: I'm going to try and use the gun on you first. If I don't have to fight you, that would be great [...]"Dr. McNinja: (Dodging) "[...] The problem with your gun is you have to point it where you want to send the bullets and I can see that."Frans Rayner: (Throws the empty gun) "The bullets are supposed to be faster than you and you know it!"So even if lightning is instant, dodging can be excused by removing oneself from the path of the attack before it actually fires. The reflexes of the shooter are usually not good enough to compensate, as shown in real life too: trying to hit a moving target can be very hard, especially when you are in motion as well. Now, vision-based powers, on the other hand, would be nearly impossible to dodge if the user is not temporarily blinded while firing or the resulting beam is not somehow slowed down. Edited by Katuko

Guys, new idea.Let's make a Bro Religion. They believe Mata Nui is the Ultimate Bro, and Makuta broke the Bro Code by giving Mata Nui sleeping pills and forcing his bro to fall asleep so he could go on a date with Mata Nui's sister.
This will be in my sig soon

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

After reading the last few pages of this RPG, I finally realized something:Eyeball eater has a heart. :PGetting back on-topic: Has the smitten squad attacked yet? I really, really, want to see this.-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles