Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

While I am of the opinion that lightning is slightly slower here than in real life, I want to quote a certain webcomic:Frans Rayner: "OK, but seriously: I'm going to try and use the gun on you first. If I don't have to fight you, that would be great [...]"Dr. McNinja: (Dodging) "[...] The problem with your gun is you have to point it where you want to send the bullets and I can see that."Frans Rayner: (Throws the empty gun) "The bullets are supposed to be faster than you and you know it!"So even if lightning is instant, dodging can be excused by removing oneself from the path of the attack before it actually fires. The reflexes of the shooter are usually not good enough to compensate, as shown in real life too: trying to hit a moving target can be very hard, especially when you are in motion as well. Now, vision-based powers, on the other hand, would be nearly impossible to dodge if the user is not temporarily blinded while firing or the resulting beam is not somehow slowed down.
I agree 100% with this. It's totally true and should be taken into account more often (if not as often as the speed at which those projectiles travel). A moving target is harder to hit for that very reason, yeah.However, elements do not need a gun/bow/whatever to point. Certain characters might because their strength with them is weaker...But what about those who have mastered their element? And what about those who can just send tons of volts into the ground by standing on it? There's no way to predict where an attack will come from with them if used by a skilled enough user.They, and similar sensory-based powers, are difficult to predict and much more difficult to dodge as a result. So I'm still opposed to light speed lightning.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Oi people aboard the Silver Keras! Your ship is about to be attacked by the Ga-Koro Marines and Navy.Feel free to resist arrest. :P
And you now have the (former) Ussalry honorary commander trying to speak with Vibro and Ralin.Tanok and Gavarm will possibly follow.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

However, elements do not need a gun/bow/whatever to point. Certain characters might because their strength with them is weaker...But what about those who have mastered their element? And what about those who can just send tons of volts into the ground by standing on it? There's no way to predict where an attack will come from with them if used by a skilled enough user.
Well, you still need to aim your hand, and according to what Greg said once (I'll see if I can dig up the quote) Toa must generally shoot their element through their hands. The rest of their bodies aren't really made for shooting fire and lightning without some serious charge-up time, I'd say.

However, elements do not need a gun/bow/whatever to point. Certain characters might because their strength with them is weaker...But what about those who have mastered their element? And what about those who can just send tons of volts into the ground by standing on it? There's no way to predict where an attack will come from with them if used by a skilled enough user.
Well, you still need to aim your hand, and according to what Greg said once (I'll see if I can dig up the quote) Toa must generally shoot their element through their hands. The rest of their bodies aren't really made for shooting fire and lightning without some serious charge-up time, I'd say.
Even so, after the charge-up, anyone touching the ground is screwed. It's still a pretty big advantage that can't be guarded against easily.And this isn't quite canon-characters have been known to manipulate/produce their elements without use of their hands. I'm fairly certain that was seen in Dorian V. Brykon more than once (ex: elemental transcendence' most basic application by dor). Sources of plasma/iron/lightning/whatever are often generated by looking at thin air and willing them into existence.

[Profiles]

What can kinetics control? Just wondering for a new character.-Bane
Did Kinetics ever get approved as an element? If it was approved, (which I don't think to be the case based on a recent conversation with Nuju, unless Tuck did approve that and he is unaware of it.) then it can control kinetic energy. That offers telekinesis, as well as the ability to strengthen/accelerate/weaken/slow an attack that involves a material of some kind, a strong defense against melee and some elements. You could also absorb force from such an attack.

And probably add kinetic force to your attacks.So it's a mele element.Yes, it was approved, as it is on the list of approved elements.Unless Nuju changed it.Edit: Either he did it, or Tuck did, because I can't find it anymore. -Bane

Edited by General Rocka's Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

And this isn't quite canon-characters have been known to manipulate/produce their elements without use of their hands. I'm fairly certain that was seen in Dorian V. Brykon more than once (ex: elemental transcendence' most basic application by dor). Sources of plasma/iron/lightning/whatever are often generated by looking at thin air and willing them into existence.
Defense against such a charge? Sucker-punch while it happens. I know people stretch their abilities in this game, but if someone is both focusing energy and (say) running at the same time, then one can easily counter by saying that it's not a very good focus. Similarly, charging up power should not be done in just one post. It should be start charge, opponent posts something, release charge. Otherwise this would be like playing Pokémon and having Solar Beam hacked to always be under the Sunny Day effect. Edited by Katuko

And this isn't quite canon-characters have been known to manipulate/produce their elements without use of their hands. I'm fairly certain that was seen in Dorian V. Brykon more than once (ex: elemental transcendence' most basic application by dor). Sources of plasma/iron/lightning/whatever are often generated by looking at thin air and willing them into existence.
Defense against such a charge? Sucker-punch while it happens. I know people stretch their abilities in this game, but if someone is both focusing energy and (say) running at the same time, then one can easily counter by saying that it's not a very good focus. Similarly, charging up power should not be done in just one post. It should be start charge, opponent posts something, release charge. Otherwise this would be like playing Pokémon and having Solar Beam hacked to always be under the Sunny Day effect.
I agree it shouldn't be done in one post if you really need to build up charge (which sounds a bit doubtful to me going by this rpg's standards). That sort of stuff doesn't work that way.But to run while charging can be done easily. Maybe not charging while running and building a plan. But certain stalling activities or simple dodging can be handled by one level of the mind while another deals with elemental usage. Instinct lets the conscious do its own thing.There are drawbacks to that, of course. But autopilot can be very effective for planning amid chaos as long as said chaos isn't all focused on oneself. And besides-how would one even know such a charge is being built?

[Profiles]

When your mask starts wobbling on your face, you get a weird tingly feeling all along your body, and the environment just starts getting weird.I don't really think you could build up a powerful charge of any element without the outside environment being effected in some way, by something like elemental energy runoff.

profiles i guess

It's Bane. There's a reason that I don't call myself my full name. Rocka is the interchangable, Bane is the concrete.Sorry, I don't really have the desire to die right now. Just to watch.But you should create a member for my Armageddon squad. Black Ops are always fun to play as.-Bane

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

When your mask starts wobbling on your face, you get a weird tingly feeling all along your body, and the environment just starts getting weird.I don't really think you could build up a powerful charge of any element without the outside environment being effected in some way, by something like elemental energy runoff.
But we're arguing under the assumption that this is a master elementalist. They probably wouldn't let 'elemental energy runoff' get out there if they're so skilled, unless they really must concentrate on defending.In which case-yeah, you might be able to detect something. Though I'm not certain what that'd be. The slightest hint of ozone?

[Profiles]

I'll be getting posts up soon enough. I'm...busy...*Just got Dawnguard. Social life dead. Must remember to breath*Anyhow, the Drakon subplot now that it's safe from the mighty Nuju-smite should prove interesting.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

After reading the last few pages of this RPG, I finally realized something:Eyeball eater has a heart. :P
I'm having a ball over here on my end to realize how surprising this is to some of you. You want more proof I'm an actual person? Listen to the podcast. I actually don't sound like a robot/demon. Sorry, I haven't been keeping up in Le-Wahi. Anybody ask the Turaga anything important since my last post?

test2.png

Grochi, did you use my and my brothers idea for the Drokan? Without even asking me about the details first? What?I've been working with my brother on that idea for a while, and you just take what we had and twist it to use for yourself?Also, there is a bird getting ready to ruin a wedding. XD

Edited by Pyrrhon

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

After reading the last few pages of this RPG, I finally realized something:Eyeball eater has a heart. :P
I'm having a ball over here on my end to realize how surprising this is to some of you. You want more proof I'm an actual person? Listen to the podcast. I actually don't sound like a robot/demon.Sorry, I haven't been keeping up in Le-Wahi. Anybody ask the Turaga anything important since my last post?
The Turaga are being moved to a nicer hut.And I don't know, Nuju, I thought you sounded pretty metallic. :PEDIT: @V-3:You quit, and I already had the character made. Sorry.I said that you already had the idea earlier, so just say that my group is some sort of splinter-sect or something. Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

No, but we're about to let them loose, Nuju.Edit: I wonder what TNG's gonna do when Invictus has a sword pressed to his neck.-Bane

Edited by General Rocka's Bane

BZRPG profiles

Nemesis. I mean Nemesis.TNG better get his tail end out of there, before he ends up with a slit throat.On another note, has anyone ever made a mask that mimics Mimic? (Dark Hunter character)-Bane

BZRPG profiles

Nemesis. I mean Nemesis.TNG better get his tail end out of there, before he ends up with a slit throat.
Don't forget, my character Hantak is in there also.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Nemesis. I mean Nemesis.TNG better get his tail end out of there, before he ends up with a slit throat.
Don't forget, my character Hantak is in there also.
I thought you said earlier that he was trabbed under a lot of rubble, unable to move. How exactly did he get out?

profiles i guess