Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

... How about we leave Ko-Koro alone for awhile?
After We enslave 10-15 matoran, of course.
Who I presume won't fight back or react competently? That seems to be becoming a running theme here. Suddenly, Ko-Koro, a village that has withstood the Makuta for centuries....is now weak and can be destroyed by four or five PC's despite numbers being utterly on the side of Ko-Koro. And then the survivors can be enslaved. Despite, you know, living in a world that would kill most of us and surviving....and building a semi-viable civilization.Sorry to bring this up again. But at this rate Ko-Koro won't have a population left.
Well, they don't know they are being enslaved; their brothers and sisters are being slaughtered in the streets, their homes destroyed... They are trying to escape this madness until the fighting is over. We just lead them out, into a cave 'so assasins can't find you' and lock them there. Sideways will probably create an illusion disquising the entrance, and we ransom the matoran after the fighting is done. technicaly we are saving matoran, not killing them off, like various others are. And we make a profit. Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

@ King Snelly. I rather like that idea. Don't have the authority to implement of course.@ Bulik. Wouldn't they be more likely to trust the guard or somesuch rather then some random stranger...especially after some random strangers just attacked and ransacked the town? Your plan makes more sense then a lot of what I've seen lately though. When you used the word "enslave" visions of an NPC slave army started to dance through my head. After this, it wouldn't even be surprising if someone tried that.I'm not meaning to cause trouble, but someone has to speak for the NPC's. :P

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

well this "random stranger" just happens to be dressed like a ko-matoran, so... and anyways, the guard would be fighting the attackers first.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

ILS:- Madrihk, Byraher and Kal are in the main hut.- Skrihen, Kethrye, Optimus and a few others are listening from just outside.- Destian went off with a Skakdi group, AFAIK.- Verik is healing up some peeps, amongst them Alfon.- Onyx is by the gate, I think, and do take note that he or Bane or someone will open/close it as necessary. The gates are closed because of the Nemesis event, but if someone checks out they can still pass. Just... no unknown drunkards from outside. :P
I still have a chance

I wonder if Tyler is allowed to approve anything...That doesn't sound like Nuju, though.-Bane
Tyler isn't allowed to approve anything, I believe. He is just a source of authority for the time being. That is all. Edited by Cinnamon Grochi

WIP

I wonder if Tyler is allowed to approve anything...That doesn't sound like Nuju, though.-Bane
Tyler isn't allowed to approve anything, I believe. He is just a source of authority for the time being. That is all.
He can also smite.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I thought so.Anyway, has anyone new joined the crucible? A second round would be fun.-Bane
I might make an NPC or two for that. There are more matches than merely the PC ones (as shown by several xilecki ics), so it's likely some will be faced by Sulov and whoever wins Cylund V. Reton later. Edited by Joshua L. Chamberlain

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

The Koros are not merely villages of Matoran like they were in MNOG. They are also populated with Toa, Skakdi, and Vortixx. So why in the name of everything that is holy would anyone think they could take on an entire Koro with just a few PC's? And then enslave the survivors?The Matoran survived Makuta for a thousand years, and that was just fighting by themselves. Throw in some Toa, Skakdi, and Vortixx, and there's no way they should be easily conquered by a couple of Toa, regardless of how cool you think you are.If you are sowing wanton destruction across the island with no penalty to your characters, you are godmodding.You are not invincible.You are not perfect.NPC's are not bags of meat to be slaughtered at will. You have superpowers? So do they.The BZPRPG is not about winning. It's about telling a story. And guess what? your character is not the hero of the story. For the most part, we all play background roles.You are not Neo. You are not Morpheus. You are not Trinity. You are one of the forgettable redpills who dies at the hands of an Agent, if you're lucky.Yes, there are times when you will be allowed to do something big. Something cool. Something that makes an impact on the game. The attack on the Nui-Rama Hive is a prime example. But, for the most part, you are ordinary.This game is no fun to play when everyone is playing with delusions of their own grandeur. So please, please remember: you are ordinary. It makes everyone get along easier, and it makes the game more fun.

This is why I think when someone is fighting NPC(s) someone else should play as that/those NPC(s), makes it way more believable. That being said, I'm still offering to play as NPCs whenever needed. :)

Edited by King Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

The Koros are not merely villages of Matoran like they were in MNOG. They are also populated with Toa, Skakdi, and Vortixx. So why in the name of everything that is holy would anyone think they could take on an entire Koro with just a few PC's? And then enslave the survivors?The Matoran survived Makuta for a thousand years, and that was just fighting by themselves. Throw in some Toa, Skakdi, and Vortixx, and there's no way they should be easily conquered by a couple of Toa, regardless of how cool you think you are.If you are sowing wanton destruction across the island with no penalty to your characters, you are godmodding.You are not invincible.You are not perfect.NPC's are not bags of meat to be slaughtered at will. You have superpowers? So do they.The BZPRPG is not about winning. It's about telling a story. And guess what? your character is not the hero of the story. For the most part, we all play background roles.You are not Neo. You are not Morpheus. You are not Trinity. You are one of the forgettable redpills who dies at the hands of an Agent, if you're lucky.Yes, there are times when you will be allowed to do something big. Something cool. Something that makes an impact on the game. The attack on the Nui-Rama Hive is a prime example. But, for the most part, you are ordinary.This game is no fun to play when everyone is playing with delusions of their own grandeur. So please, please remember: you are ordinary. It makes everyone get along easier, and it makes the game more fun.
*Likes this post*It's okay that PCs are special enough to get their story RPed...Otherwise, they probably wouldn't be PCs. But that doesn't mean that NPCs are stupid or weak. Edited by Joshua L. Chamberlain

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

This is why I think when someone is fighting NPC(s) someone else should play as that/those NPC(s), makes it way more believable. That being said, I'm still offering to play as NPCs whenever needed. :)
Y'know, there's probably a lot more people willing to do this as well (yours truly, included). An organization could probably be set up for this very thing.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

People, I've got some news related to how active I'll be.I'm going to be gone for a week on the 14th, so, it's time to hand out characters:Hubert: You may control Incommodo while I am gone, although I may make one or two posts as him while I have internet access.Everyone else: Bunny my characters along if they're involved with you, but leave the others alone. Exceptions to this are: Zarnarax and Aru. You can't touch them.If you want to interact with a character, don't do so. :)I know I'm a little under a week early, but better safe than sorry.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

With all due respect, I'm going to have to seriously disagree with certain areas (not all) of your post, as well as they unnecessarily condescending tone used to convey them. No offense intended.While you are absolutely right on some degrees, such as NPCs not being useless punching bags, as well as character's not being invincible or perfect, it would be a serious stretch to say they are unimportant, useless bags of meat. Hmm. That sounds familiar.PCs aren't throwaway "redpills" to be destroyed by the "agent", who I can really only assume is Heuani or some other plot-relevant character. They're the most important element of the game. Without them, the BZPRPG would be in the library forum.So no, I don't believe NPCs are punching bags. I don't believe PCs are either.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

You guys are kind of like little mini Mouse's. You've got really really big, really really cool guns, but they won't always hit everything - or, in Mouse's case, anything.Sorry, just going along with the Matrix analogies. Back to babysitting.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I gotta say I'm with KNI on this.Here is the way I look at it. Just my opinion. Most PCs are above the average NPC in combat ability. That's because even in a society like this one, most people aren't going to be masters of a chosen weapon. The obvious exception to this is Guard members, who should automatically be assumed to be tough opponents.PCs are the exceptional people in this world. They're the people that havecomething about them to stand out. Otherwise, people wouldn't choose to play them. Some characters are purposefully average, in fact, it makes them interesting. But most are exceptional.In short, no, NPCs aren't meatbags. But at the same time, unless they're s guard or the PC isn't skilled, they shouldnrbebasssumed to be on the same level as a PC.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Tyler, is there a guest list fer the wedding?
I think it's pretty much everyone who's already there, plus a few surprises that EW has lined up for further on down the line.I should probably get that started now...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Tyler, is there a guest list fer the wedding?
I think it's pretty much everyone who's already there, plus a few surprises that EW has lined up for further on down the line.I should probably get that started now...-Teezy
Cool. I have a character planned to show up. Just for added lulz.

WIP

Trouble is, there's a lot of NPC's. Despite what action movies would have us believe, numbers count for quite a lot. One weapons master against twelve spear men...well, weapon masters going down. Hard.There's even data indicating that there are less losses in large regiments, despite what the movie's have shown, more men means more people to watch your back. So PC's, whilst slightly more skilled then a PC, should still go down hard if they try to slaughter them willy-nilly. Because NPC's have numbers and they're defending their homes for the most part. These two things, taken together, are enough to overcome any PC.As they should be.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

No arguments there.But when you're dealing with a village of scholars, there aren't a lot of armed people.
They've survived the Makuta for a thousand years. Anyone with common sense is armed at this point. Also, anyone with common sense would probably have shelled out for a few Toa or Skadi guards for the village.

*ahem*You hear that? "That is the sound of inevitability". That's Tyler slowly approaching. And as long as he's baby-sitting us, I'd be afraid to continue this argument. Since it can't be taken to PM, and a blog entry would be silly, I think it'd be for the best to accept that NPC's aren't as difficult to defeat as PC's, but aren't really easy either, and just end the argument right now before anything bad happens.What happened in Ko-Koro happened — no point arguing about it now. Everyone has their own idea of how the RPG should be run, which is exactly why it is not a democracy here. One guy is in charge at a time and it's up to that guy, be it Tuck, Nuju or Tyler, to decide what happens and what doesn't.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Are there any groups accepting members?
There is the Shadow Hapaka in Ko-Wahi, if you're evil.
I have an evil character doing nothing. How and where do you join?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Oh. I've discussed the Ko-Koro attack with Biobeast. He'd been planning it for weeks and had it all very well thought out. It's the people who swooped in and started random slaughters for the evulz during this that I'm....disagreeing with right now. For various reasons. All of them mentioned in the common sense guide we're all supposed to be following.

No arguments there.But when you're dealing with a village of scholars, there aren't a lot of armed people.
"You called?"-Saporta
He's ex-Guard. He's allowed. I meant non-Guard peoplez.
...But I was one Tillian IC away from starting the ceremony.Everyone should boycott Papa John's until further notice~-Teezy
I don't eat at Papa John's anyway. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Trouble is, there's a lot of NPC's. Despite what action movies would have us believe, numbers count for quite a lot. One weapons master against twelve spear men...well, weapon masters going down. Hard.
There are so many variables in a situation like that, it's not even funny. Besides. Not everyone travels alone.
There's even data indicating that there are less losses in large regiments, despite what the movie's have shown, more men means more people to watch your back. So PC's, whilst slightly more skilled then a PC, should still go down hard if they try to slaughter them willy-nilly. Because NPC's have numbers and they're defending their homes for the most part. These two things, taken together, are enough to overcome any PC.
Not many people kill NPCs en masse without resistance anymore. Again, so many variables... PCs have backup, too. PCs don't always fight massive groups, bro. Usually, it's one on one, or one on two or three if the PC is especially skilled. 1. Numbers? Not always.2. Defending their homes? Not always.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

There are so many variables in a situation like that, it's not even funny. Besides. Not everyone travels alone.
Three weapons masters against twelve spear men? My money's still on the spear men. Any more weapons masters then that and anyone competent will send more spear men. And some archers.
Not many people kill NPCs en masse without resistance anymore. Again, so many variables... PCs have backup, too. PCs don't always fight massive groups, bro. Usually, it's one on one, or one on two or three if the PC is especially skilled.1. Numbers? Not always.2. Defending their homes? Not always.
Did you even read my post? I said for the most part. In the situation that we are discussing they are. In Koro's and other area's like them I think it can safely be said that the NPC's hold a distinct advantage in numbers and, because they're fighting on their home turf and to defend their homes, no one, even during the chaos caused by an attack, will find much easy prey. During the Ko-Koro attack, much NPC blood was spilled with very few mentions of anyone fighting back.