Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

That was awesome. Enough said. Didn't expect Hahli of all people to be so mouthy though. She was always such a gentle thing as a Matoran.EDIT: where's the Vahi anyways? Is it broken, resulting in the weird time slips everywhere? =P

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Birdie?

---

Constructman, I don't want to be rude, (which, of course, means I inevitably will be) but you ask lots of questions like these in the GD. While there is no problem with asking questions. perhaps your time might be better spent actually researching the answer yourself?

For instance, if you had merely looked at the source of the idea, Nuju's awesome Grokk post, you would not need to ask this. many of your posts in GD are unnecessary like this, often able to be answered merely by scrolling up the page.

In the future, I think you would be better served by trying to find the answer to your question instead of wasting yours and our time by posting it here. :)

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

*cries*Okay, I didn't want to do this, but I have no choice! I am splitting the time stream and RPing at multiple points in time!(Unless Gravity [Naru], Eyru [Cael], Void [Plagia] and Javert [Kethrye] would like to do it in PMs instead. Which could be a lot cleaner.)

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

Or, you could go by what other posts have said.-Cael is gone-Keth, Plagia and Naru are in different placesSo go one at a time, and try to get around to the others later.Its worked for me :)

---Thing is, these posts I'm trying to get done happened before the characters were elsewhere. This is why I hate time skips so much. Plus, some of these posts were supposed to be character development for him!So yeah, I'd rather do it in PMs. On another note, how long would it take to deliver all the Turaga?

BZPRPG Profiles

*cries*Okay, I didn't want to do this, but I have no choice! I am splitting the time stream and RPing at multiple points in time!(Unless Gravity [Naru], Eyru [Cael], Void [Plagia] and Javert [Kethrye] would like to do it in PMs instead. Which could be a lot cleaner.)

Mother of God, no.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Thing is, these posts I'm trying to get done happened before the characters were elsewhere. This is why I hate time skips so much. Plus, some of these posts were supposed to be character development for him!

So yeah, I'd rather do it in PMs.On another note, how long would it take to deliver all the Turaga?

---

Or maybe you should just be resigned to the fact you wont get to RP what you want, and let the character development happen naturally?

The Turaga are already delivered. :)

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

I meant how long did it take? How much time has passed?And I'm willing to forgo the development if I have to, but I have to at least know what Kehuri is going to be/ has been doing concerning Ambages and the Four Peers.Edit: By the way, shouldn't the conversation on the Fowadi be in Ko-Wahi?

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

And I'm willing to forgo the development if I have to, but I have to at least know what Kehuri is going to be/ has been doing concerning Ambages and the Four Peers.

Um, what?

What the bloody dickens are you babbling about? You can't know what Kehuri is going to do because that is up to you, and so far I haven't seen you do anything but decry the events and say you'll be involved.... somehow. It's up to you to get involved. I've given so many tantalizing events to use to leap into it, but literally nothing has happened, in part because people like you keep pointing fingers at each other expecting to jump on someone else's train. And no, I'm not going to wait for people to get involved or give you a perfect opening to do it.

Kehuri has done nothing so far, and if you keep this philosophy of getting involved (whatever that may be), Kehuri will continue to do absolutely diddly squat all the way through. What he does is up to you, and I haven't seen any initiative. Interest? Sure, the interest has been all over, but unless you actually actualize on it you'll accomplish nothing. And when I say this, I mean take what is handed to you and make something happen naturally.

So stop waiting on working with other people, stop whining about how BZP time is being wonky, stop trying to milk a bull and roll ahead and watch things fall as they should. Take a plot that's happening (in this case mine) and integrate your character in it. That's how roleplaying happens. You insert your thread in a master yarn or you make a yarn yourself, but that's not what you're doing right now.

Vezok's Friend has been doing it and he's, so far, the best opponent I have in this. I suggest learning from him if you want to have a snowball's chance in the Mangai in this story.

Then in that case he's clearly doing something wrong with the interactions. If he wanted to be a part of the plot he would have to, you know, form a connection with the other characters to have meaning and purpose in the group.

Also, if he wanted to be a part of the Peers plot, then he's in the wrong crowd, anyway. Joske, Cael and the rest have literally nothing to do with killing a god. He's barking up the wrong tree.

He did say that he did try to get involved but everybody ignored/didn't notice him and timeskipped away to different points in time. But can't you just catch up to them later? I mean, it's simply a matter of running.

---*cries and hugs Constructman*Thank youuuu! I was going to clarify all this, but you did it for me!Well, yeah I can catch up with them, but that basically would imply that Kehuri has been standing stock still on the Fowadi the whole time, which is completely against his character, and of course doesn't sit we'll with me. It's okay though, I'm PMing Javert about it, so I'll be good to go I a little while.

Then in that case he's clearly doing something wrong with the interactions. If he wanted to be a part of the plot he would have to, you know, form a connection with the other characters to have meaning and purpose in the group. Also, if he wanted to be a part of the Peers plot, then he's in the wrong crowd, anyway. Joske, Cael and the rest have literally nothing to do with killing a god. He's barking up the wrong tree.

---Joske's group was just a distraction and maybe some minor character development. I'm not that worried about them, just irked. Almost since the beginning, Kehuri has been searching for Aparangi because he WAS after Ambages. When that didn't work, he went with Kethrye. I don't know what you've been reading, EW, but you missed most of Kehuri's actions. Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

...Ok, looks like Silvan is clearly on christmas break and likely won't be back until next week or so. I've been waiting about a week, so I think I have a right to continue on without him until he returns. I'd rather not miss a chance to have Voutok go half-deff again in reaction to the constant applause and fireworks show of Nokama's return XD

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

I have been watching Kehuri's actions and I haven't even begun to think of him as anything more than a lost puppy.

Joske's group was just a distraction and maybe some minor character development. I'm not that worried about them, just irked. Almost since the beginning, Kehuri has been searching for Aparangi because he WAS after Ambages. When that didn't work, he went with Kethrye. I don't know what you've been reading, EW, but you missed most of Kehuri's actions.

To which I direct you to the first paragraph of the post you quoted:

Then in that case he's clearly doing something wrong with the interactions. If he wanted to be a part of the plot he would have to, you know, form a connection with the other characters to have meaning and purpose in the group.

Or maybe the method is wrong from another angle: Maybe Kehuri is being forced with company he doesn't even belong with. I mean, if you can't even artificially craft chemistry to even gain the attention of the other characters then there's something very wrong.

Edited by Littlefinger

I won't deny that Kehuri seems like a lost puppy. It's essentially what he is. New body, new powers, and a whole load of new responsibilities. As for forming a connection, that's what I/he has been working on. Since he decided to stick with Kethrye he's been trying to figure out how to coordinate with the ILF to achieve his goal.I don't see where you're getting the impression he isn't getting any attention. On the contrary, Kehuri is having a hard time even believing he's gotten as much as he has already.

BZPRPG Profiles

No, Kehuri hasn't gotten any attention that matters. He's lost, as you confessed, and ignored, which you professed. How the bloody dickens you think he has gotten attention is beyond me. He hasn't accomplished anything because of how you play him, simple as that.

And yes, I know I am being harsh here, but I sincerely hope you and others stop trying to defend a false way of playing a game that accomplishes nothing and instead learn from common sense learned from players who have been here for years.

I just responded to it, Krayzikk. EW, I was saying he got ignored OOC. Not once have I complained about him lacking interaction, my issue was that all of the conversations I planned on him having in the near future got glazed over due to a time skip (which turned out not to be a problem after all). Kehuri has been talking with Kethrye (leader of the ILF. I think that's pretty important) for a while now, and still has business with him. In my defense, I'd like to say again that I thought the time skip encompassed an entire week. Now that I know it's only been a day, almost all of my issues are moot. The only issues I still have is that I didn't get to see his conversation with Cael (which really wasn't important), and that nobody got to see Matau's reaction to Joske being catapulted (because, let's be honest, who wouldn't want to read that?)

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

Hey y'all.

Some of you might be too new, but I think a lot of you aren't. Who here remembers the BZPRPG Podcast? *cricket noises*

.... O-kay then! Well, to explain for those who don't know, there was a podcast hosted by Onarax and Hubert, and later me, discussing the BZPRPG at large. It was also often accompanied by a member interview. Well, it's been dead for about three months now. It just sort of fell off the radar, and there are a couple of reasons.

There's been a change of staff, and said new staff, *coughmecough*, have been very slow about getting things working again. Sorry 'bout that. But, it should be up and running again with the first episode of the second season within a few days.

And, with a new change of staff, I am excited to announce a new segment. Namely, a Q and A section. Basically, you can PM a question to either me or Tyler, and we'll pick some of them out to answer or discuss on the podcast.

So. Get questioning! :P

====

NO!

Hubert's awesome accent............darn.

Well, start interviewing the Staff, please. So we can listen in on any freudian slips. And if not, then EW, because most of his stuff is Staff approved/asked for.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Wait, did Nuju say there a little while ago that I have to RP Matau getting back to his village?

Really?

I'm only being paid to kill him, not write him. xP

---------

Otter, stop being lazy, and do it. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Hey y'all.

Some of you might be too new, but I think a lot of you aren't. Who here remembers the BZPRPG Podcast? *cricket noises*

.... O-kay then! Well, to explain for those who don't know, there was a podcast hosted by Onarax and Hubert, and later me, discussing the BZPRPG at large. It was also often accompanied by a member interview. Well, it's been dead for about three months now. It just sort of fell off the radar, and there are a couple of reasons.

There's been a change of staff, and said new staff, *coughmecough*, have been very slow about getting things working again. Sorry 'bout that. But, it should be up and running again with the first episode of the second season within a few days.

And, with a new change of staff, I am excited to announce a new segment. Namely, a Q and A section. Basically, you can PM a question to either me or Tyler, and we'll pick some of them out to answer or discuss on the podcast.

So. Get questioning! :P

====

NO!

Hubert's awesome accent............darn.

Well, start interviewing the Staff, please. So we can listen in on any freudian slips. And if not, then EW, because most of his stuff is Staff approved/asked for.

Friar Tuck, done. Nuju, done. EW, done.

Emzee? Forgot.

PODCAST:

!. Where can we find previous podcasts?

2. What are the sort of questions that are usually asked?

There are no previous questions, because the Q and A is a brand new segment. And the previous podcasts are linked on Hubert's blog.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG