The Official RPG Planning Topic

Nuju Metru

Digivolution happens two general ways, by aging or by a sudden and short transformation. As a Digimon collects data, they slowly gain enough strength to permanently digivolve. However, Digimon can feed off of other organisms (typically human children) to digivolve to a higher state. It doesn't last long, though, and digivolving to Ultimate or warp digivolving to Mega can result in dedigivolving back into In-Training when it's said and done.

I suppose this RPG would have to have a sort of teamwork part to it; a DigiDestined and his/her partner teaming up. Of course, knowing how weird it would be for a Matoran to have a Matoramon as his partner, I'd imagine we'd have just regular Digimonverse, but with new digimon based on Bionicle and a new location based on Bionicle in the Digital World.

I don't even know how that would fit in, but it seems weird.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I don't think that one even had enough of a plot to make an RPG out of. It would probably also go in the Lego RPG section rather than here.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I don't think that one even had enough of a plot to make an RPG out of. It would probably also go in the Lego RPG section rather than here.

Oh... so, is there another topic for planning General LEGO RPG's or something? Plus, the less canonical plot something has the more liberties can be taken when making something about it.... I think.

Edited by Gukko Lord

I don't think that one even had enough of a plot to make an RPG out of.

Don't underestimate people; they could turn something about just jumping through hoops into a long story driven eight arc romp through portals in the sky if they tried hard enough. xD

I don't think that one even had enough of a plot to make an RPG out of.

Don't underestimate people; they could turn something about just jumping through hoops into a long story driven eight arc romp through portals in the sky if they tried hard enough. xD

I really don't think anyone's looking to make a Superman 64 RPG, Blade.

• Upvote 9

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I actually want to know; could a Digimon/Bionicle crossover work in the BRPG forum if it has humans (kinda a big part of the DM canon) or does that go into OTC or what?

I think it would go here simply by definition of having kinda-sorta-maybe-ish Bionicles in it.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I actually want to know; could a Digimon/Bionicle crossover work in the BRPG forum if it has humans (kinda a big part of the DM canon) or does that go into OTC or what?

Such a game would most likely go here. However it is not one that would likely make it through the approval process, especially as it has been described within this topic. Crossovers between multiple works of fiction are seldom seen as RPGs, particularly on BZP, and this is for good reason; in many cases, such as the one seen here, the two works simply do not meld well. Bionicle-based Digimon and a Bionicle-ish Digital World is not sufficient to make it an RPG that would fit here.

For an idea on what a decent crossover looks like, I would go back a few pages. The Half-Life/Bionicle game does one notable thing correctly in that it is a Bionicle game, first and foremost, with elements borrowed from another work of fiction.

• Upvote 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Hmmm... What if you replaced the Digimon with the Roboriders and Throwbots/Slizers themes and turned it into a Tron-esque Bionicle story?

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Hmmm... What if you replaced the Digimon with the Roboriders and Throwbots/Slizers themes and turned it into a Tron-esque Bionicle story?

Yes. So much yes. Someone please make this a thing.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Such a game would most likely go here. However it is not one that would likely make it through the approval process, especially as it has been described within this topic. Crossovers between multiple works of fiction are seldom seen as RPGs, particularly on BZP, and this is for good reason; in many cases, such as the one seen here, the two works simply do not meld well. Bionicle-based Digimon and a Bionicle-ish Digital World is not sufficient to make it an RPG that would fit here.

For an idea on what a decent crossover looks like, I would go back a few pages. The Half-Life/Bionicle game does one notable thing correctly in that it is a Bionicle game, first and foremost, with elements borrowed from another work of fiction.

I'm guessing that same logic would work if I tried to make a sandbox RPG crossover between Bionicle and Minecraft based on my comic series, wouldn't it.

Well, then. I have a nice idea called Bionicles in Minecraft: The Game. Otherwise known as BiM:TG.

So if you guys haven't heard of BiM before, then you should look at the link in my sig...but anyway the story behind the game kinda spoils the ending of season 1. So I'll work on that last.

But either way, I already have come up with an weapon and element system by looking at various mods. But I wonder how if I should add a health system or not at all, and how would I use potion effects...

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Is a Bionicle-Minecraft RPG really... necessary, though? I mean, I imagine the best crossovers would do what you might not necessarily be able to do with either series on their own; but you could theoretically take many of Minecraft's basic concepts and adapt them to, say, the island of Mata-Nui fairly easily.

(I haven't read your comic though so it's entirely possible that I just lack a bunch of knowledge/understanding here)

• Upvote 3

You know, I've actually been looking for an excuse to read your comics, but I never got around to it. I guess I have a reason now.

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

True. You are a follower, yet you haven't read anything. But either ways I wonder how the building/griefing system will work too.

I might look at Matoran und Panzer and Corpus Rahkshi for lots of inspiration.

And also, I plan for the whole story to take place on a Mata Nui like island. I'm going to join the TTV Biocraft Game Night for inspiration on the landmass.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Huh.

Did not expect the Tron-ish story between those three lines to go over that well.

Interesting.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

True. You are a follower, yet you haven't read anything. But either ways I wonder how the building/griefing system will work too.

I might look at Matoran und Panzer and Corpus Rahkshi for lots of inspiration.

And also, I plan for the whole story to take place on a Mata Nui like island. I'm going to join the TTV Biocraft Game Night for inspiration on the landmass.

I think your concept here would be far better suited to a Minecraft adventure map instead of a TBRPG. :lol:

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 2

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

What would be the point of a Bionicle/Minecraft RPG. Minecraft has no story, so the only thing it has to offer is its distinctive visual style...which isn't going to be noticeable in a text-based medium. What would make gathering resources and fighting monsters any different than it would in an RPG without the Minecraft in it?

• Upvote 3

7AOYGDJ.jpg

One could argue about the story part. After defeating the Ender Dragon, the credits state that it was all a dream and that you should wake up now.

Basically the developers telling the players to go get a life. Honestly, it takes so long just to find a dang stronghold that you practically have to devote all your time into Minecraft. I've only found one stronghold in the entire 2/3 years beta 1.8 has been out.

True...

But I did mention, or at least I think I mentioned in the beginning, that the RPG would be based on my Comic Series, Bionicle in Minecraft. So there is a story and minor differences that makes this Bioniclized version more unique.

And also unlike real Minecraft, my story has an existing Herobrine character who's kinda like the Host in Bionifight to some degree.

One could argue about the story part. After defeating the Ender Dragon, the credits state that it was all a dream and that you should wake up now.

Basically the developers telling the players to go get a life. Honestly, it takes so long just to find a dang stronghold that you practically have to devote all your time into Minecraft. I've only found one stronghold in the entire 2/3 years beta 1.8 has been out.

Does not translate into Bionicle.

I'm seconding this and this; there's no point in a cross-over unless it actually does something neither can do on their own.

True...

But I did mention, or at least I think I mentioned in the beginning, that the RPG would be based on my Comic Series, Bionicle in Minecraft. So there is a story and minor differences that makes this Bioniclized version more unique.

And also unlike real Minecraft, my story has an existing Herobrine character who's kinda like the Host in Bionifight to some degree.

... this sounds like a recipe for Author Avatar in the first degree. And trust me, there's nothing more annoying in an RPG than when the GM has an Author Avatar acting as the protagonist.

Again, why does it need to be Minecraft? Why not just write a Bionicle RPG, set in the Bionicle universe?

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I guess you're right with that Zehvor.

And I guess I should also mention that the Host was probably not the best comparison to use for Herobrine.

Herobrine is, and will be (WARNING FOR SPOILERS....but you probably won't read the series anyways) characterized as a mad scientist. Looking for some kind of fun he access the internet and found Bionicle. He thought it was cool (because why the Karz not) so he built his own Toa for his own amusement, planning to release him into the Minecraft world so that he may kill him over and over again for the sake of fun. That Toa would be Kray, and that server would somehow be a single player world hosted by Steve.

Anyways....after his humiliating defeat, he retreats to his own private server, separated from the bounds of the Minecraft world, and after learning from his mistakes...he creates a transdimensional end portal and kidnaps Matoran to trap them in his digital realm, because that was totally different from he did before. He lives a new Dimension, the Brineverse, because who wouldn't want a universe named after himself, from which he sends down experiments and occasionally start a Mod event (an event, kinda like a Corpus Rahkshi assignment, but temporary and with a Minecraft mod) just to see reactions and stuff.

That was pretty much the idea behind what I wanted to do with the RPG idea...and it's really starting sounds like a really glorified survival and game crossover RPG...

And what's Author Avatar?

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Kray's too short to be a Toa.

An author avatar is like when parents live vicariously through their children.

tumblr_mrej09Wew51sdkmt1o1_500.gif

Uh...I don't catch your drift.

An Author Avatar is similar in principle to a self-insert, in this context. Basically a character that exists for the purpose of wish fulfillment by going through all the cool things that the Author would want them to. When they exist in the context of a TBRPG under control of the GM, they usually end up the protagonist in a game that isn't supposed to have one.

• Upvote 9

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG