The Official RPG Planning Topic

Nuju Metru

SNIP

I dId offer an idea; allow players to make both a combatant and non-combatant character so they can focus on fighting with one character and use the other for something else, but make having a fighter a prerequisite of having a civilian.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

SNIP

I dId offer an idea; allow players to make both a combatant and non-combatant character so they can focus on fighting with one character and use the other for something else, but make having a fighter a prerequisite of having a civilian.

The point of the RPG is that the players have been summoned to fight in the arena, though. So no.

I like how the life system is working out, but I'd like to know what the limits are on the character powers. Iron is outlawed, but what others? Is there a certain guideline that we can take reference from?

None of the elements are outlawed at this point in time - we'll be judging characters on a case-by-case basis.

In order to make sure that fighters participate the arena battles, the Organizers have developed the “Infinite System” - a failsafe device implanted into every single fighter. All fighters start out the tournament with seven “lives”; these lives can be lost by getting KO’d during a match, by breaking the rules, or by deciding to skip a battle. Once a fighter has lost all of their lives, the Infinite System will activate and kill them instantly; the cause of death is unique to each fighter.

Likewise, fighters can also gain lives; winning a round will earn a fighter one life, and fighters may be rewarded with extra lives for other tasks as well (SEE INFINITE GEMS BELOW).

Are you really sure its a good idea to have people lose a life by getting KO'd? Seems like it offers encouragement to those who would autododge and punishment to those who would play fair. I have a character who gets incapacitated by an attack that I let hit because I see no way of avoiding it then I suffer by losing a life simply because I chose to follow the rules. Thats...not cool. 

Plus, having people minimise the damage that comes their way so they don't get knocked out is going to stretch these battle out, you're going to have way more people left standing at the end than you would if theres no major consequence for getting taken out. 

Oh, and on the subject of punishments, are there any for not handing in the gems we find? We get the five lives if we do give them over, but if we hoard them for ourselves is there some consequence for that? 

And if we do get our hands on a gem, is that a free power update or does it take up one of our power slots?

Completely unrelated to those, you mention that some of the stalls sell merchandise, and I'm assuming the food courts work the same. How are we earning the money to buy this stuff? Food especially I'm concerned over us buying since otherwise we starve. Is money given out as a prize for winning?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I think Tex has said no to the concept of money, so I suspect that food (at least) will be provided free of charge for fighters. It is also possible that money could be found in the tunnels, or obtained from spectators by trading for other found items. We will discuss this.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

In order to make sure that fighters participate the arena battles, the Organizers have developed the “Infinite System” - a failsafe device implanted into every single fighter. All fighters start out the tournament with seven “lives”; these lives can be lost by getting KO’d during a match, by breaking the rules, or by deciding to skip a battle. Once a fighter has lost all of their lives, the Infinite System will activate and kill them instantly; the cause of death is unique to each fighter.

Likewise, fighters can also gain lives; winning a round will earn a fighter one life, and fighters may be rewarded with extra lives for other tasks as well (SEE INFINITE GEMS BELOW).

Are you really sure its a good idea to have people lose a life by getting KO'd? Seems like it offers encouragement to those who would autododge and punishment to those who would play fair. I have a character who gets incapacitated by an attack that I let hit because I see no way of avoiding it then I suffer by losing a life simply because I chose to follow the rules. Thats...not cool. 

Plus, having people minimise the damage that comes their way so they don't get knocked out is going to stretch these battle out, you're going to have way more people left standing at the end than you would if theres no major consequence for getting taken out. 

Oh, and on the subject of punishments, are there any for not handing in the gems we find? We get the five lives if we do give them over, but if we hoard them for ourselves is there some consequence for that? 

And if we do get our hands on a gem, is that a free power update or does it take up one of our power slots?

Completely unrelated to those, you mention that some of the stalls sell merchandise, and I'm assuming the food courts work the same. How are we earning the money to buy this stuff? Food especially I'm concerned over us buying since otherwise we starve. Is money given out as a prize for winning?

You have a point with the KOs - I'll discuss it with Chro and Blade ASAP, see if we can work something out.

As for not handing in gems that you find... I'm not going to say that the Organizers don't want anybody to have gems, but if they find out that somebody is trying to keep one for themselves without handing it in first, they will not be happy. Finding a gem would also be a free power update.

Everything is free to the fighters within reason (as in you can't just solo empty out a concession stand).

You have a point with the KOs - I'll discuss it with Chro and Blade ASAP, see if we can work something out.

As for not handing in gems that you find... I'm not going to say that the Organizers don't want anybody to have gems, but if they find out that somebody is trying to keep one for themselves without handing it in first, they will not be happy. Finding a gem would also be a free power update.

Everything is free to the fighters within reason (as in you can't just solo empty out a concession stand).

Without handing it in first? Meaning you can hand one in and then take it back, or did you just not word that properly?

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Without handing it in first? Meaning you can hand one in and then take it back, or did you just not word that properly?

Meaning that if the Organizers feel that you have been polite, and the Queen does not find anything disagreeable, then there is always the chance that they might hand it right back to you and say "go for it".

E: We've changed it so that getting KO'd does not affect a fighter's total number of lives; lives are now only lost by breaking rules or by skipping a match. We've also removed the points system entirely - winning a match will net the winner at least one extra life, among the other various opportunities to earn extra lives as well.

Edited by Strange Festive Voltex

WARNING: Really long post covering everything I want to cover since I last posted. All of it regards Bionifight or side conversations that have happened.

As for adventuring vs. combat, a better idea is to give each player a notification that a match will be starting soon and give them a choice of teleporting back. You can give them an incentive for participating, but forcing them to drop everything to fight is annoying, and your players will not be happy.

So here's an idea: have the Host offer to return participants to where they were before the match if they want.

Think about it; you wouldn't make a Tetris game that makes you play a rhythm game before you place a block or it turns into another block. You wouldn't make an RPG that makes you play Tetris to do an attack. You wouldn't make a GTA clone where you have to randomly get out of the car and repair the engine. Certain things don't mesh at all.

As an aside, I would totally play all of these. Grand Theft Mechanic sounds hilarious if done right, along with The Elder Scrolls: Tetris and Dance Dance Tetris.

Except a Pony RPG; that could never work. Ever.

Challenge accepted.

It's happened, it's been successful, both in TBRPG and pen-and-paper modification (of say D&D and Pathfinder) formats. XP

A tournament RPG needs something more than just a unique tournament to thrive.

Depends on what we call a unique tournament.

Parugi, (coughToDcough) if you're still lurking, you got any thoughts to share? Or maybe somebody who was around in the time of Tournament of Shadows? I think that one had Dark Hunter attacks and stuff towards the end and stuff.

Really, the rule of turning points is the most important one. The RPG simply needs to have some.

I think all things considered, this can end up unique/incentive-filled enough to work well, and I definitely trust Blade (and the other two) with running it. As it sits, and especially if what I've talked about is addressed (but it is opinion and I would still support it), I support Bionifight to run. The GMs of Bionifight have hinted about more story, but honestly I think it could sustain itself for quite a while as it is. Yes, it might need to eventually advance, but it could also just end up being an RPG that has a definite beginning and a definite end. That's not common here, but honestly with the RPG limit for the forum that might be a breath of fresh air for the aspiring GMs. =3 And if they do add things like the Dark Hunter mission from Day Run, then all the better.

. . .

NOW then, onto not-just-quoted things about Bionifight:

The main issue on the time restraints that I've seen is a lack of understanding for the most part and an unwillingness/lack of ability for the two sides to see each others' arguments. I'll try to bridge that (maybe successfully) in this paragraph:

On the one hand, we have the Bionifighters who are used to quick fighting while they try to keep their characters from developing. On the other hand, we have the RPers who like week-long singular duels that involve much internal and external dialogue and often a lot of character development. For a long time Bionifight players have suppressed their character development because of rules, and thus rapid posting and short time periods help keep it fresh without making it "X smacked Y with a sign for the seventieth time." However, because this is the forum for role-playing, we can expound and make the fights larger, more epic, and more in-depth than the limitations of G&T. That's the main reason I am against the weekish-long time limit, because we have the opportunity to enjoy the fighting to it's fullest but forcing it to fit in a time frame limits just how epic and in-depth the fights can be. I remember back in the old days of Bionifight (and I realize it has changed), where the fights were big, ridiculous, and just good fun. Transferring it to the format of an RPG can keep the grandness while (with a down-tone on the humor because there is a story and you've made it more mature [ish] for the forum) also letting characters and RPers thrive.

Also, just to reiterate an old point: we've got a diverse representation of timezones and schedules, so sometimes even a "quick" fight can take days between two players who can't post at the same time. Just to keep in mind. Just take me and TPtI/Ultron as a conflicting example. I'm a dual-enrollment Theatre-major who lives in Florida who has all his classes from mid-morning to afternoon and often has other commitments in the morning and evening (church, auditions, practice, etc.) and I have a very sporadic part-time job. He's an Englishman who has a job and . . . well, I'm not him, but just that much difference let's us only have a very small amount of time where both of us can post and we're caught up/not busy with other free time-eaters.

Life system: For constant losers, will there be a saving grace? Say Nice Guy McRPer always lets other people find the Infinite Gems, and his character got injured, so they can't participate in some rounds, or the character breaks a rule on accident/on puporse. Soon enough his character will be forced to die by the rules. Could there be a saving grace for Mr. McRPer, or is he forced to be more aggressive even if he/his character doesn't want to? I know this is kind of a hypothetical situation that's unlikely to happen, but eventually the winners will have many lives and some characters will be teetering on the edge of death because they/their RPer can't get a break. Other than this problem, though, I like the introduction of this system. As for another suggestion, I like conclusion's. If you don't want to outright state the possibility, then that's fine too, of course.

Also, here's an interesting idea from my brain: start a basic, undefined-but-definitely-there (as in, don't go quantifying and making a shop with fixed prices - those don't tend to work out well in TBRPGs) barter/reward system where the currency is lives. If lives are easy enough to earn, we'll have some characters with more lives than they know what to do with. Have the Host occasionally have a raffle/auction where people bid with lives for an advantage or something special. Maybe have a looming undertone that eventually, with enough lives, a fighter could buy their freedom to either go back home or become a spectator. If you've ever watched/read Deadman Wonderland, think of it kind of like the candy and prisoner money combined. If you haven't, look it up, read/watch it, or disregard the analogy. X3

Maybe some rumors on what the "more power thing" is? Or not.

Third sentence of the Facility section has a typo. Either "one" or "ones," not "once." =3

Now, this is completely out of left field, so take it with a grain of salt: Maybe we could also play as part of the crowd? An audience member, a spectator who is rich or lucky enough to be invited to join the fun and watch the tournament. There could be some really cool character interaction, but if you think this strays too much from the concept I completely understand.

And finally for the quips/suggestions, a reason for why it's called Bionifight so it's not just fourth wall-breaking: The Host and the Queen have decided that they call the multiverse Bionicle or their home universe (as in where the tournament takes place) the Bionicle universe, and every other universe something else. Not necessary, but it addresses one minor concern that was brought up a while ago and I felt the urge to throw out my thought on it.

. . .

AND actually finally, what I really like about the newest changes:

I very much like the change so that there are more than 8 gems. This gives more incentive for exploration, and indeed it makes it easier to find a point to go explore. Well done.

The map, simple as it is, looks good. Maybe add some flair/basic tunnels though?

If I remember correctly, the Knowledge Sector is different/new, and I like it. Being book-learned is a good thing. =3

I like the Mahri-Nui changes, good on you.

. . . 

SO, all in all, it's looking really good, and if/when it goes up I think it'll be casual enough for me to keep up (looking sadly at Corpus Rahkshi, which I have at least temporarily abandoned for lack of free time).

. . . That was long winded, but I dearly hope I brought insight, laughter, and good suggestions/conversation. =3

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

NOW then, onto not-just-quoted things about Bionifight:

The main issue on the time restraints that I've seen is a lack of understanding for the most part and an unwillingness/lack of ability for the two sides to see each others' arguments. I'll try to bridge that (maybe successfully) in this paragraph:

On the one hand, we have the Bionifighters who are used to quick fighting while they try to keep their characters from developing. On the other hand, we have the RPers who like week-long singular duels that involve much internal and external dialogue and often a lot of character development. For a long time Bionifight players have suppressed their character development because of rules, and thus rapid posting and short time periods help keep it fresh without making it "X smacked Y with a sign for the seventieth time." However, because this is the forum for role-playing, we can expound and make the fights larger, more epic, and more in-depth than the limitations of G&T. That's the main reason I am against the weekish-long time limit, because we have the opportunity to enjoy the fighting to it's fullest but forcing it to fit in a time frame limits just how epic and in-depth the fights can be. I remember back in the old days of Bionifight (and I realize it has changed), where the fights were big, ridiculous, and just good fun. Transferring it to the format of an RPG can keep the grandness while (with a down-tone on the humor because there is a story and you've made it more mature [ish] for the forum) also letting characters and RPers thrive.

I want to keep it how it is right now; should it end up not working, I don't think it'd be that big a deal to remove it when the time comes (or to simply go the "otherwise stated" route mentioned). 

Also, just to reiterate an old point: we've got a diverse representation of timezones and schedules, so sometimes even a "quick" fight can take days between two players who can't post at the same time. Just to keep in mind. Just take me and TPtI/Ultron as a conflicting example. I'm a dual-enrollment Theatre-major who lives in Florida who has all his classes from mid-morning to afternoon and often has other commitments in the morning and evening (church, auditions, practice, etc.) and I have a very sporadic part-time job. He's an Englishman who has a job and . . . well, I'm not him, but just that much difference let's us only have a very small amount of time where both of us can post and we're caught up/not busy with other free time-eaters.

Life system: For constant losers, will there be a saving grace? Say Nice Guy McRPer always lets other people find the Infinite Gems, and his character got injured, so they can't participate in some rounds, or the character breaks a rule on accident/on puporse. Soon enough his character will be forced to die by the rules. Could there be a saving grace for Mr. McRPer, or is he forced to be more aggressive even if he/his character doesn't want to? I know this is kind of a hypothetical situation that's unlikely to happen, but eventually the winners will have many lives and some characters will be teetering on the edge of death because they/their RPer can't get a break. Other than this problem, though, I like the introduction of this system. As for another suggestion, I like conclusion's. If you don't want to outright state the possibility, then that's fine too, of course.

No saving grace; if a character runs out of lives, that character shall die. If a member feels like we're cracking down on them more than others, I expect they'll bring it up via PM and we'll sort the issue out (but I don't think that's going to happen). So if you have a more gentle character that is down to 1 life left... they'll have to start getting more aggressive, or they'll have to find a gem.

Also, here's an interesting idea from my brain: start a basic, undefined-but-definitely-there (as in, don't go quantifying and making a shop with fixed prices - those don't tend to work out well in TBRPGs) barter/reward system where the currency is lives. If lives are easy enough to earn, we'll have some characters with more lives than they know what to do with. Have the Host occasionally have a raffle/auction where people bid with lives for an advantage or something special. Maybe have a looming undertone that eventually, with enough lives, a fighter could buy their freedom to either go back home or become a spectator. If you've ever watched/read Deadman Wonderland, think of it kind of like the candy and prisoner money combined. If you haven't, look it up, read/watch it, or disregard the analogy. X3

Something like that might be possible in the future.

Maybe some rumors on what the "more power thing" is? Or not.

That's something that would come up later on in the RPG - not something we're going to address at this point in time.

Third sentence of the Facility section has a typo. Either "one" or "ones," not "once." =3

Thanks for catching that - I've fixed it in our master copy.

Now, this is completely out of left field, so take it with a grain of salt: Maybe we could also play as part of the crowd? An audience member, a spectator who is rich or lucky enough to be invited to join the fun and watch the tournament. There could be some really cool character interaction, but if you think this strays too much from the concept I completely understand.

And finally for the quips/suggestions, a reason for why it's called Bionifight so it's not just fourth wall-breaking: The Host and the Queen have decided that they call the multiverse Bionicle or their home universe (as in where the tournament takes place) the Bionicle universe, and every other universe something else. Not necessary, but it addresses one minor concern that was brought up a while ago and I felt the urge to throw out my thought on it.

As far as playing as anything except a fighter: that's not possible right now. As to Bionifight being the name of the tournament... I see no reason why it would have to be explained. 

Replies are in blue once again.

If there is nothing else that needs to be addressed, I'll be taking Bionifight to the judges tonight to start that process up. :)

• Upvote 3

Would it be possible for one player to gift lives to another? Maybe even have some kind of exchange rate or something, like if person A wanted to give one life to person B, person A would actually have to give up two lives. Or could some give an Infinity Gem they found to someone else to give to the Host for the lives? Again, I'm just shooting ideas out here (though I guess they're more like questions, but whatever).

• Upvote 1

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Would it be possible for one player to gift lives to another? Maybe even have some kind of exchange rate or something, like if person A wanted to give one life to person B, person A would actually have to give up two lives. Or could some give an Infinity Gem they found to someone else to give to the Host for the lives? Again, I'm just shooting ideas out here (though I guess they're more like questions, but whatever).

Both characters could approach the Organizers about it, yeah - if the Organizers approve of both fighters, then I imagine it would be possible.

Just don't have someone that the Organizers like trying to give lives to the most rebellious fighter. Or actually, please do, because I'd love to write up the Queen's negative reaction.

I'm not a fan of the time limit, still. I work retail, meaning I'm usually out of the house in the evenings, around twenty four hours a week. That kind of makes it hard to play a fight in a week's time, especially on heavier weeks.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Here's an idea; instead of killing characters when they lose all their lives, just eliminate them from the tournament, remove the Infinity System from their bodies and let them roam the facility. I feel causing a character to go wildly against personality (like a pacifist being forced to kill) while it can be rather interesting, can be rather aggravating, and a character being forced to give up their last life because they broke a leg? IMNEHO, those situations shouldn't happen. There is a reason the vanilla BZPRPG prevents death without the author's consent.

You could even have past contestants who lost make up a small part of the non-combatants in the facility (spectators and workers)

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

There is a reason the vanilla BZPRPG prevents death without the author's consent.

We had this conversation already over in the main RPG discussion topic, Ben. It was clearly explained to you that there are many circumstances where a character can be killed without a player's permission, primarily through staff intervention or unavoidable situations. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Here's an idea; instead of killing characters when they lose all their lives, just eliminate them from the tournament, remove the Infinity System from their bodies and let them roam the facility. I feel causing a character to go wildly against personality (like a pacifist being forced to kill) while it can be rather interesting, can be rather aggravating, and a character being forced to give up their last life because they broke a leg? IMNEHO, those situations shouldn't happen. There is a reason the vanilla BZPRPG prevents death without the author's consent.

You could even have past contestants who lost make up a small part of the non-combatants in the facility (spectators and workers)

It can be aggravating and frustrating, but what's the point of a tournament/fight to the death setting without fear and threat of death?

The way I see it is that you ought not compare contest/judged RPGs to the BZPRPG, I think it is (the bzprpg) more an all around kind of game. Inoffensive, all encompassing and easy to hop into. Other RPGs are more free to explore the outer realms of possibilities and find their niche. Rahkshi high school, being trapped in a 2d map world, tanks and a fight to the death where you can very easily die.

It'd make it less alluring if people didn't die when you killed them. If people don't want to play that kind of game they can just not play it.

...but close to it

I'm not a fan of the time limit, still. I work retail, meaning I'm usually out of the house in the evenings, around twenty four hours a week. That kind of makes it hard to play a fight in a week's time, especially on heavier weeks.

I'd like to stay with the time limit for now. If it doesn't work (and we'll know if it doesn't work by the end of the first round), then we'll get rid of it.

I'd have an actual reply except that literally three other people have just responded in exactly the same fashion I was going to, so what they said is what I would have said.

• Upvote 2

I keep bringing this up, mostly in regards to rules but it applies here as well.

The BZPRPG is a great RPG. It has had a long time to figure out what works and what does not. However, it is not the only way to do things. Like Tiragath said, Judging RPGs give us the chance to go outside what could be done in the BZPRPG. Just because an idea does not work in one RPG does not mean that you should completely ignore it in every RPG.

• Upvote 2

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

So if you lose all your lives, that character is out for good, right? Does that mean you could make a new character to replace that one without using your second character sheet slot thingy?

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I should've phrased it better. I meant to say "no death of characters because of combat without consent."

As for there not being much point if there was no death, has no one here heard of positive reinforcement? Give huge incentives to the winners without having to kill off a character you've spent weeks or months developing.

And, yeah, the BZPRPG isn't the only way to do things, but it's like comparing Metroid Prime 1 to Prime 2: Echoes. You shouldn't compare the two, but the first is so good and the second isn't nearly as good in comparison.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

So if you lose all your lives, that character is out for good, right? Does that mean you could make a new character to replace that one without using your second character sheet slot thingy?

That's right. ^^

And, yeah, the BZPRPG isn't the only way to do things, but it's like comparing Metroid Prime 1 to Prime 2: Echoes. You shouldn't compare the two, but the first is so good and the second isn't nearly as good in comparison.

And right here we have the definition of 'opinion'.

Edited by An/A Blade
  • Upvote 1

I should've phrased it better. I meant to say "no death of characters because of combat without consent."

As for there not being much point if there was no death, has no one here heard of positive reinforcement? Give huge incentives to the winners without having to kill off a character you've spent weeks or months developing.

And, yeah, the BZPRPG isn't the only way to do things, but it's like comparing Metroid Prime 1 to Prime 2: Echoes. You shouldn't compare the two, but the first is so good and the second isn't nearly as good in comparison.

No, it's like comparing Metroid Prime 1 to Metal Gear Solid 1. Completely different games, both good for completely different reasons

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

That's still wrong. If your guy is lying on the ground and I choose for my guy to swing an axe down on his head, he's probably going to die. If there's no way for him to avoid the blow without it being an ###pull, then you have to IC them dying. 

Edited by GSR
Careful with the language.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

That's still wrong. If your guy is lying on the ground and I choose for my guy to swing an axe down on his head, he's probably going to die. If there's no way for him to avoid the blow without it being an ###pull, then you have to IC them dying. 

VEMqOua.png

Okay, I agree with your premise, but your conclusion (in this case) is wrong. If I were to rollover before you hit me with an axe, you'd miss. 

EDIT: Missed that last part of your post. I uploaded a pic to Imgur for no reason.

Edited by GSR
  • Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Now we're straying into my other domain. 

Nato has BZPRPG PC rules correct; while the killing of another PC is not encouraged, if they are in a situation where avoiding death would require godmodding, they will die.

On the other BZPRPG note, Tiragath has the right of it. The BZPRPG should never be used as the benchmark for an RPG, or used as the model for how one should work. The BZPRPG is fundamentally unique in its operation as it is a game with a vast scope and a theoretically indefinite run time. It is designed for dozens of players to run around in, and operate as its own basic setting for both a main plot and players to create their own.

A 'contest' RPG, on the other hand, does not have the same scope or runtime. Nor should it. These RPGs cater to different playerbases and are intended to take on stories, mechanics, and ideas that you simply will not see in the BZPRPG.

They're apples and oranges.

And now we should be done talking about the BZPRPG.  ;)

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Alright - I'm going to put in the official request for Bionifight Infinite now. Thank you to everyone who posted their thoughts here and helped us to fix it up and get it into shape. :)

Good luck. :D I'll definitely try to find the time to play if/when it gets approved

Same here.

I find the concept rather intriguing.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I'm interested to see how the lives system will work out in practice. I can already see lots of raging ahead.

Edited by Arzaki

I give this RPG 7-12 weeks before it erupts into the world's third-biggest ragequit.

The second-biggest ragequit being SMB2: The Lost Levels and the biggest one when SMB2: USA got ported to Japan and they realized they bought the same game twice, but with Mario.

Eh, actually, I take that back.Those two are tied.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

If people play well, they'll have no reason to ragequit over anything. 

• Upvote 6

Considering the general level of positive support I've seen for Bionifight as compared to The Asylum, perhaps it'd be best to reserve judgment until you actually see how things play out.

Especially since a forum like BRPG that has very clearly lost momentum over the years shouldn't be fostering an attitude of, "Oh, look, another game that's going to fail."

Just saying.

• Upvote 15

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Both Bionifight and Asylum are now in the request topic, so I see no reason to continue arguing about how much feedback you did/n't get. Unless you've got some actual constructive criticism about something, let's leave this topic alone, shall we? 

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 2