Have You Moved On?

Triggons

I'm kind of in between having moved on and not... moved on. I mean, I still enjoy Bionicle, and I still want to be on BZPower and maybe talk about it, but I don't even follow the story since I'm too lazy to read it. Oh, and I still make comics here. That aren't just totally humorous and almost devoid of Bionicle. :P

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

After spending a decade caught up in this enthralling storyline, Bionicle will always have a special place in my heart. Every now and again, I find myself tinkering with parts from sets often left untouched for months at a stretch. The way life seems to go is that new priorities outweigh the old ones, but I'm still drawn back here. Maybe its because I put so much time, money, and spirit into Bionicle, but it was time well spent if you ask me. And I have made no attempt to embrace Hero Factory. Time constraints and lack of interest are to blame there. So the short answer is no, I have not moved on. -Ced

I started to move on back in '07, although I didn't actually let myself admit that fact until '09. I'd just gradually found that the story seemed to be getting duller to me, and the new sets were interesting me less and less, and eventually I just gave up and picked up other interests. I even dropped out of BZ itself for a bit, although nostalgia for the first six years dragged me back once I saw that the forums were back again, and is the main part of what's keeping me around.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

No, not at all. I still love the Bionicle sets and story.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I wouldn't really call it "moving on", but I definitely lost a bit of interest in it. I still love BZP, though!

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

I am very nostalgic for it now... I miss the initial feeling that the first series of sets gave... things weren't clearly defined and it had this mysterious and attractive tribal vibe to it. Bionicle kind of tanked when Metru Nui came around. I found the whole idea of the "Matoran" formerly living in a huge city under the surface completely ridiculous. Granted, it wasn't all LEGO's fault. The Maori thing screwed up their terminology and they had to compromise their story for retcons. BZPower taking the forums offline for months was fairly harmful to the remaining community. BZPower and BS01 are essentially the heart and soul of Bionicle now. I would personally convert the original database to phpBB or something like that, so the site is easier to maintain. IPB is expensive.

Hey man, that's just the curl of the burl.

I never MOC too much nowadays, though I didn't MOC much to begin with - I've always primarily been a fan of the story, which is what attracted me to Bionicle in the first place. P.S: I too want this forum to move to phpBB - IPB is too expensive and unreliable.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I lost interest in the story and the sets long before the forums went down, but I agree with Toa Novu, the community is really what keeps me checking this website.

Pretty much the same here... but I often get the feeling I should try to find a way to catch up again... ><Although, I was extremely interested n the sets until the day they were cancelled...

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I am still interested in BIONICLE, but it isn't one of my major interests anymore. I still follow the story, but the primary reason I am on BZP nowadays is because of my fanfiction. Haven't finished writing it yet, so I'm sticking with BZP for now. Doesn't mean I'll leave once I've posted all of the stories I want to post. Just means I'll probably be less active. -TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

I have moved on, and BZP being down for so long didn't help either. My relationship to the canon storyline and the sets was based pretty much only from what I read and wrote on BZP. After the big crash which meant the end of most of my (Bionicle-based) writing (three comedies and three sagas, plus lots of short stories) and later on BZP going down for updates, I completely drifted away, getting into games and such. I still play and MOC with my few remaining, unbroken sets, and I have created my own storyline, loosely based on the canon events. But my interest as a whole has pretty much died.

I've moved on in the sense that I no longer actively seek out every detail of the storyline. I'm still a fan, just not of the same level.

I have to say the same. Bionicle sparked my imagination in a way that nothing else could, but there is nothing new to discuss. The promised two more years of storyline have amounted to almost nothing. It's perfect form in my mind is the greatest of all stories, but I have not the skills nor the will to write it down in any form. nor complete it mentally. Although I loved Bionicle, and still look upon it with great respect, I need more to fuel my imagination, and won't get anything more from it. That said, I still enjoy some parts. I recently got MNOLG II on my new laptop, and although I'm sure I won't finish it, it is inspiring. Although towards the end I only bought sets for the parts, and I don't moc any more, I still salivate over the new HF sets. I still urge the rest of my family to buy them as I once did, just not so urgently. The last set I bought was Meltdown. I can't see myself buying any more sets in the near future, Bionicle or not. BZPower, on the other hand, has not grown old for me. Although I mostly visit the COT and the blogs now, I still enjoy the community. I actually only came here as a conscious effort to look into some Bionicle stuff again. I haven't even been to Storyline and Theories or many other sections since the upgrade. Bionicle is still the coolest thing ever though (although MSPA comes close). I actually use the same avatar on other forums too. ~Roablin
banner.png

I pretty much have lost interest. Before the downtime I remained on BZP pretty much because of MOCing, and when the forums went offline I lost a lot of the incentive to build (even though I participated and uploaded MOCs to a couple other websites to compensate). And now that the forums are back, the urge to MOC isn't really returning, plus I don't have much time for it.

I was in college for the past 4 years of my BZP existence, and while during that time I abandoned creative projects on BZP that I was enjoying in high school, I didn't stop dropping in and commenting on various topics from time to time. The BZP Forum Downtime (BZPFDT) this summer came at a strangely coincidental time, as I was finishing up my biggest projects in school, graduating, enjoying my last summer at home, and then starting work in the oilfield as an engineer. That's where I am now, and it's even more time-consuming than college was. Now BZPower is back, but let's face it. I'm not the same BIONICLE fan I was a year ago, or even 2 years ago. BIONICLE has become a firmly-etched part of my pre-adulthood life, my adolescence, and I shall treasure my memories associated with it fondly. One of those ways will hopefully be on here, BZPower. My only worry is that the community will become too disparate or entranced easily by other interesting things. I know it's bound to happen, but as long as there is a core, sizable unit of members on here who still like to chat about "the good ol' days", I'll be sure to chime in with some remark, sincere or sardonic. Hopefully more of the former.

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"

I love how this was the first online community I ever joined-- We were all young and obsessed with proto-energy and collecting masks, and looked at the moderators like they were gods, making crazy stories and art based on this series. Now we're older and still here, and much more articulate.

Hey man, that's just the curl of the burl.

Moved on? Heck no. I don't make MOCs much, but I still look and remember my childhood. Every once and a while I'll pick them up and play with them. Also, I still play BIONICLE Heroes and I still watch the movies. I will NEVER move on. And I really don't like the new forum layout. It's takes too much memory on my old computer and it constantly says that Firefox is preventing this page from automatically redirecting to another page. phpBB would be MUCH better IMO.

Edited by Jzahck

To some extent I've moved on. I haven't done much with my sets recently, no longer follow the story, and rarely take part in discussion on the theme. It wasn't a big step to give it up; having entered the Bionicle community as a LEGO fan, I had plenty of experience letting a theme go after it had run its course; Bionicle had just lasted longer than those other themes. One thing I can say for BIONICLE is that it carried me through my "Dark Ages", and kept me interested in LEGO's other offerings. Now I focus on other themes: currently my main interests are Hero Factory and Ninjago. And I don't think I'd be broken up about those ending when the time comes around, as LEGO continues to introduce new and unique themes to capture my imagination.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I drifted away from Bionicle fairly slowly. I never really had the money to collect sets in the first place, and money got tighter as time wore on. Over time, I found things to do that didn't require me to buy - and keep buying - a product. If it weren't for the community inhabiting COT, I probably would have drifted out of BZP at the same rate, instead of sticking with the old forums right up until they went offline, and returning to the new forums. As far as what I do that replaced Bionicle, I listen to music, write music, play a Moroccan flute, and, hmmm... There's gotta be something I'm forgetting... Something that takes up massive amounts of time... Oh, right. College. Spoiler alert for the young'ns: college replaces so many things once you get there.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Definitely wouldn't say I've "moved on." I've grown up, and obviously without the sets being released I'm not spending quite as much money on BIONICLE as before, but I still anticipate the serials being updated eagerly. I also am hoping to start hunting down certain favorites of the sets I never owned, on the Internet and elsewhere, so no, I don't think I have or ever will completely "move on" from BIONICLE. :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Absolutely. I still look at my sets from time to time, but mostly they're just there for decoration. I moved on when the forums went down, and am interested in bigger, better things now. Like Minecraft. <3 But don't get me wrong, I still like Bionicle, but let's face it: they were getting way too expensive, the storyline was convoluted, and the toys themselves were just hackneyed remodels of each other.

Yeah it should be a poll, since it's a yes/no question.

Polls promote less discussion than GD topics do. Move on? Definitely. Lost interest? Not so much. While Bzpower was down for a long time, and Greg hasn't been updating the story, I moved on from Bionicle some months after it ended. Growing up, I found my self more interested into other activities. That doesn't mean I would not notice if Bionicle sets popped up; it means I wouldn't be as enthusiastic about the sets coming back, or even about new serial updates as I used to be. I'm still interested into the overall Bionicle lore, but I'm no longer that much 'into it'. Should you add up that I have less free time, it just doesn't work for me anymore. So, yes, I've most definitely left Bionicle for other stuff., but that doesn't mean I have completely forgotten the joy it used to give me as a kid.

I'm still waiting for Greg Farshtey to finish the story! :P I still write (or at least think of) stories that take place within the BIONICLE universe. So I have not completely abandoned BIONICLE, no. You could say it is the final and most enduring part of my childhood. :) -Shyyrn

Edited by Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

Sort of. I'm not really interested in the current storyline, and if Greg said he wasn't able to update the story any more, I can't say I'd be all that fussed. I'll probably still read future serial chapters, if there are any. I don't like the characters in "The Yesterday Quest", but it'd be nice to know what happens to Kopaka and Pohatu. But, despite my apathy towards Bionicle in its current state, I still feel that the line had potential that it never lived up to. I would love to see a reboot of the franchise that restarted the continuity, made a few changes and twists, and tried to appeal to a wider audience. (You're all probably sick of hearing that from me...)

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Moved on? Not in the slightest. Found other interests to fill the void left by BIONICLE's untimely demise? Definitely. I like to think that I remain a diehard BIONICLE fan while also embracing themes like Hero Factory and Ninjago, as well as following other interests aside from Lego.-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I love how this was the first online community I ever joined-- We were all young and obsessed with proto-energy and collecting masks, and looked at the moderators like they were gods, making crazy stories and art based on this series. Now we're older and still here, and much more articulate.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. I remember being jealous of people with a high proto, though that's really the opposite of what you'd want given the proto system is about helping the community. BZP was my first forum, too, so it holds a lot of memories.

Oh, right. College. Spoiler alert for the young'ns: college replaces so many things once you get there.

This man also has the right of it. College is quite a change from school (and life in general) before it.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42