OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Here it is, though what this has to do with Bonkle2015 is beyond me.

Bionicle 1 x 3 Tooth with Axle Hole 

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=x346

It has everything to do with Bonkle2015, my friend. EVERYTHING.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

At least it's not "Beware My Stinger Tail." For Pete's sake, it even spawned it's own trope!

Explain? :P

Pohatu's Stormerangs/Jeterangs use them. They're actually one of (if not THE) oldest Bionicle parts still in use.

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I quite like this new episode! The voice acting is still off, but it doesn't bother me that much. The pacing has at least seemed to have improved a little over all. I kinda wish the episodes would take their time a little bit more. They still feel a little rushed, as in they really don't want the video's to be a couple of seconds longer...

• Upvote 1

At least it's not "Beware My Stinger Tail." For Pete's sake, it even spawned it's own trope!

Pohatu's Stormerangs/Jeterangs use them. They're actually one of (if not THE) oldest Bionicle parts still in use.

I think that the oldest piece is

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=x240&in=S

It was used in Seabed Scavenger, which I own.

cringe

I think that the oldest piece is

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=x240&in=S

It was used in Seabed Scavenger, which I own.

That's interesting. I don't think it really counts, though, since it's still using the older socket system. I don't think it will ever show up in a set again, but I could be wrong...

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Something I have just realized is... I don't think the Toa have even met each other yet, so I am definitely looking forward to seeing their first interactions. Given the length, relatively simple animation, single narrator/voice actor and music score, I really hope these are released on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. I wish they weren't so short, but it could be so that they can release the videos more quickly. I'm cool with getting little snippets once a week versus waiting a month to get it all at once. Being so short, the recapping is unnecessary and wastes time however.

• Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Dang, Kopaka/the $20 sets come with a slightly darker shade of pearl gold than what was produced in HF.

Went to go replace a shell that I lost on Kopaka's arm with one from Rocka, and noticed that this Wave's gold is slightly darker. Good think it doesn't stand out too much when covered by armor.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Dang, Kopaka/the $20 sets come with a slightly darker shade of pearl gold than what was produced in HF.

Went to go replace a shell that I lost on Kopaka's arm with one from Rocka, and noticed that this Wave's gold is slightly darker. Good think it doesn't stand out too much when covered by armor.

Whoa. That's really weird. I just went to check with my own Kopaka and 2012 Rocka, and you're right. It's darker. Pretty odd.

AXKP5KC.png

I am Down Right Spiffy, and I want to know when the books will land. And I'm sick. >_o

Whoa. That's really weird. I just went to check with my own Kopaka and 2012 Rocka, and you're right. It's darker. Pretty odd.

I'm pretty odd too! ^_-

Edited by Spiffy247

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

I don't care that he's the only one I have, Barney is by far the best Protector. This guy is awesome.

(But those studs... Oh god those studs. That launcher is the best thing ever, but I immediately lost two of them for about 15 minutes.)

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I don't care that he's the only one I have, Barney is by far the best Protector. This guy is awesome.

(But those studs... Oh god those studs. That launcher is the best thing ever, but I immediately lost two of them for about 15 minutes.)

~|ET|~

Ack. I refuse to use the launcher unless it is on the floor away from everything.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

I just noticed in the description of PoE's star drill, it calls it adamantine--- so the purple crystals in the Earth element region of Okoto is adamantium with the black dirt being Obsidian(because of the Obsidian Fields) potentially? That would be awesome! 

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

~|ET|~

Ack. I refuse to use the launcher unless it is on the floor away from everything.

I don't use the launcher unless I know where the studs are landing. I can get behind what you are saying.

I just noticed in the description of PoE's star drill, it calls it adamantine--- so the purple crystals in the Earth element region of Okoto is adamantium with the black dirt being Obsidian(because of the Obsidian Fields) potentially? That would be awesome! 

MARVEL + BIONICLE = CROSSOVER CONFIRMED!

jk lol :P

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

~|ET|~

I don't use the launcher unless I know where the studs are landing. I can get behind what you are saying.

Same here.

It makes me wish that the ammo was at least a little bigger, so that it isn't as easy to lose it. Their size as is is probably one of my only complaints about the Protectors in general.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

That gives a bit more credibility/evidence to my theory I posted recently regarding Marvel and LEGO...interesting.

• Upvote 1

That gives a bit more credibility/evidence to my theory I posted recently regarding Marvel and LEGO...interesting.

Adamantine =/= Adamantium, tho.

Honestly it's not so much a theory as a far-fetched dream.

AXKP5KC.png

I'll headcanon it

Adamantine actually exists within the Marvel Universe, but it comes strait from Olympus: http://marvel.wikia.com/Adamantine_%28metal%29

Random Fact: Adamantium exists within the Samurai Jack Universe, even though it's not a Marvel/Disney property. 

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Well - went searching for Kopaka again. Was unsuccessful but I picked up Lord of Skull Spiders instead. Full thoughts later but for now I'll just let you guys know that the set is loads better in person. I love it.

I don't have LOSS yet but i'm sure he will be better than he looks.

cringe

Guess who I picked up at Target yesterday? Now I own my first Bionicle 2015 set... Tahu! I CAN FEEL THE POWER!!!

Whoa, I just checked with my 2015 Tahu and compared it to my 2012 Rocka (LOL how many of us own that set? :P ) And maybe it's just a matter of perspectiv,e but the gold parts on Tahu do look slightly darker compared to 2012 Rocka's parts.

How do the Toa look when there is a lot of sunlight hitting them? Since I had that question, I haven't had a chance to look because school, and I'd think that the trans? pieces would look really cool!

If you hold Tahu up to a bright light, his lavaboard's flame parts glow really well. When held up to a bight red light, his lavaboard's flame parts became super-bright orange, and his transparent fluorescent orange parts really really glow. The same does not apple to his transparent light blue eyestalk, however. Since it is not fluorescent, it catches very little light. I wish they had used fluorescent blue instead of transparent light blue.

LOL Check this out: http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/characters/blue-skull-spider-82d5c20b76dc4cb093f0978f9cf41153

"Watch out for the creepy Skull Spider". :P Also, Skull Spiders are now 100% confirmed to have mind-controlling powers.

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Everybody's jonathans are getting crumpled over Tahu not wanting to fight an entire swarm of skull spiders. It's really funny.

Well, for a central hero to flee is a little out of expected character.

He hasn't really done anything heroic though, has he?

Lava surfing...that's gotta count for something...

Would you count that as lava surfing? He was T-posed on the board, flailing around!

Everybody's jonathans are getting crumpled over Tahu not wanting to fight an entire swarm of skull spiders. It's really funny.

Only one crumpled jons by my counts.

Still less than whenever someone brings up genders. That never ends well.

Edited by Makaru

Self MOC: Fren

How lewd

Well, for a central hero to flee is a little out of expected character.

He hasn't really done anything heroic though, has he?

Lava surfing...that's gotta count for something...

Would you count that as lava surfing? He was T-posed on the board, flailing around!

Only one crumpled jons by my counts.

Still less than whenever someone brings up genders. That never ends well.

Ain't that the truth. It happens like, once a week,

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Did you even bother to read my original theory? The Adamantium =/= Adamantine argument is bull. It's basically the same thing, and in other fiction, Adamantine is used instead of the name Adamantium, probably to avoid legal trouble. Another name variation is Adamantite. It was just a theory, and I even stated it was a crazy, just-for-fun theory when I posted it. Besides, if Marvel can crossover with Attack on Titan of all things, is a crossover with Bionicle really that far-fetched? I don't think so. Does that means it's likely? Probably not. Does LEGO's working relationship with Marvel put the odds in our favor? Perhaps.

Adamantine actually exists within the Marvel Universe, but it comes strait from Olympus: http://marvel.wikia.com/Adamantine_%28metal%29

Random Fact: Adamantium exists within the Samurai Jack Universe, even though it's not a Marvel/Disney property. 

Thanks for backing me up and providing some cool information for everybody. I'd also like to point out that Adamantium has showed up in TMNT before, is a component of Buzz Lightyear's suit, and exists in the Percy Jackson series.

Did you even bother to read my original theory? The Adamantium =/= Adamantine argument is bull. It's basically the same thing, and in other fiction, Adamantine is used instead of the name Adamantium, probably to avoid legal trouble. Another name variation is Adamantite. It was just a theory, and I even stated it was a crazy, just-for-fun theory when I posted it. Besides, if Marvel can crossover with Attack on Titan of all things, is a crossover with Bionicle really that far-fetched? I don't think so. Does that means it's likely? Probably not. Does LEGO's working relationship with Marvel put the odds in our favor? Perhaps.

Thanks for backing me up and providing some cool information for everybody. I'd also like to point out that Adamantium has showed up in TMNT before, is a component of Buzz Lightyear's suit, and exists in the Percy Jackson series.

No problem. But it could be argued that some of these variations of the metal aren't the 'true' Adamantium/Admantine (i.e. not indestructible). Adamantium was used to construct a series of assassin robots in the Samurai Jack show, though Jack himself was too weak to damage them with his magic sword on his own so he donned a robot arm which worked. It should be noted that a truly indestructible material would be extremely difficult to damage even with another indestructible item. 

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Adamantium can destroy other adamantium though...that's why Adamantium bullets can go through Wolverine's bones. We got an Adamantium-like substance in G1, it was Protosteel. This Adamantine is a bit more blatant though.

Has Wolverine's claws ever penetrated Captain America's shield? Nope, it would take Hulk-level strength to even scratch it.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves here? The drill isn't described as "a drill made of adamantine", it's described as an "adamantine drill". Since "adamantine" is also an adjective that means "unbreakable" (probably why people made fictional superstrong elements based on the word), it's a bit of a logical hop, skip, and a jump to assume being described as "adamantine" automatically means "made of adamantium".

I think Cap's shield (At least in the MCU) is pure Vibranium, but in the comics it's an Adamantium/Vibranium alloy. I think.

Yeah, but isn't it the Vibranium that would prevent Wolverine's claws from going through it, not the Adamantium? To my understanding, an equally strong metal should be able to go through itself. However, Vibranium's property of absorbing kinetic motion would seriously dampen Wolverine's strength against it. At least, to my understanding; I'm not much for comic books.

• Upvote 1

Adamantium can destroy other adamantium though...that's why Adamantium bullets can go through Wolverine's bones. We got an Adamantium-like substance in G1, it was Protosteel. This Adamantine is a bit more blatant though.

Has Wolverine's claws ever penetrated Captain America's shield? Nope, it would take Hulk-level strength to even scratch it.

Wait, weren't all those made of vibranium? (apologies if I'm blatantly wrong, haven't watched/read anything Marvel in ages).

I think Cap's shield (At least in the MCU) is pure Vibranium, but in the comics it's an Adamantium/Vibranium alloy. I think.

Well, Captain America's shield is made of proto-Adamantium, the strongest form ever created. Was created on accident and no attempts at recreating it have been successful. The Adamantium found in Wolverine's body is known as True or Primary Adamantium, and is the result of attempts to recreate Proto-Adamantium. True Adamantium is nearly - but not quite - as strong as Proto Adamantium, which is why Wolverine's claws cannot penetrate Captain America's shield. Also, even Hulk-level strength would only be able to damage Secondary Adamantium, which is also known as Adamantium Steel. 

Yes Wally, it is perhaps getting a bit ahead of ourselves to just assume the drill is made of Adamantium, but it's fun to speculate the possibility, and if Adamantium does turn out to be a thing in the Bionicle reboot, it would be pretty cool knowing that we had predicted it. If Marvel does get the comic rights to Bionicle like I have theorized they will, they may retcon the drill as being made of Adamantium. Who knows? Only time will tell.

So, uh, ignoring the Adamantium discussion going on, I'm having problems choosing a Toa/Protector combo. I like Lewa with his protector because of their colour and functions, but I like Gali with her protector because of her look and overall... Feel of the sets.

Gah. Little help?

So, uh, ignoring the Adamantium discussion going on, I'm having problems choosing a Toa/Protector combo. I like Lewa with his protector because of their colour and functions, but I like Gali with her protector because of her look and overall... Feel of the sets.

Gah. Little help?

Gali all the way

Self MOC: Fren

How lewd

Why do we care so much about this drill anyways? There isn't even any story featuring the PoE

Because it might be a confirmation of the existence of Adamantium - albeit under a slightly different name - in the reboot, instead of the expected Protosteel.

Gah. Little help?

Why not both?