OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Would it be illogical for me to take apart the entire Winter 2015 wave that I have on my shelf right now, try and attempt to build a giant MOC with all the pieces, take apart said MOC, then re-build all the official sets all over again?

I've built a Protector Nui, so I can only say for doing so to half of them. 

It's very pleasing to the senses. 

It just makes me really nervous, lol. I might have OCD.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Would it be illogical for me to take apart the entire Winter 2015 wave that I have on my shelf right now, try and attempt to build a giant MOC with all the pieces, take apart said MOC, then re-build all the official sets all over again?

DO IT. I would want to see that!

cringe

Your signature is making me nervous ( :P).

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

I actually have OCD. 

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

DO IT. I would want to see that!

Aight, give a bit and I'll post the giant pile of parts.  :nervous:  :nervous:

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I have trouble making MOCs because I'm nervous I won't be able to put the sets back together again and all of the sets I'd want to MOC with are my favorites

Love the look of the new head pieces. The launch feature is a bit...different, but still nice!

Has anyone tried bending the legs of the Skull Spider behind the head of a Toa when it's latched on?

I think that might look a bit better.

It is possible to make the top legs of the Skull Spiders clamp on to the heads. But there isn't enough clearance to get the bottom legs to close around the head while it's attached to the body.

So I managed to make a really sick upper torso, which looks like something a bug knight would have.
Got stumped on building the head and the legs, so I just gave up for the night. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Why don't you remove the head first then attach the spider, bend the legs and put it back on.

Also, has anyone tried turning the scorpion stinger the same way as the legs and bend that so you can't launch the spider off?

The legs still interfere with the torso.

Also, leaving the tail on normally protects the eyestalk better than having it on backwards.  When it's on normally, folding it back leaves it resting at its limit and sitting along the eyestalk, so it can't be bent any more and keeps the eyestalk from being hit as hard.  Turning it around has the tip of the leg right at the end of the eyestalk, so a hit to the leg turns into a hit to the eyestalk automatically and actually makes it easier to knock the spider off. :P

Either way, though, you're bound to knock the mask off with a good hit.  The tail doesn't do much.  The back legs do a better job of holding it on, though I prefer to leave them out since it gives a more alien look.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Why don't you remove the head first then attach the spider, bend the legs and put it back on.

Also, has anyone tried turning the scorpion stinger the same way as the legs and bend that so you can't launch the spider off?

Edit: Nevermind.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Ugh...I have 13 sets to put back together again.  :dead:  :OMG:  :notimpressed:

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

If I ever do a MOC of the new sets it'll be when they upload the Bionicle 2015 parts on Lego Digital Designer (If they ever do that)

They probably will, since that's what they normally do when new Constraction parts are released. It might take a little while, though.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

How easy is it to do non-humanoid shapes with strictly only-CCBS mocs? I'd try out some stuff but I'd imagine the heavy use of balljoints and the CCBS torso limist your options

Remembering Scorpio, it isn't really that hard to create a multi-legged non-humanoid creature. Just grab some torsos and some pins and connect them together and start attaching glatorian necks and limb parts where needed. You could also build a custom frame out of the limb parts. There's also the option of using some Technic parts to achieve a custom torso that suits your needs. It all depends on what exactly you want to build, how big you want it to be, how it should look, etc. I wonder how hard it would be to try and make a CCBS Bohrok. The Protector-size torso part could come in handy, as would a bunch of Technic parts...

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

How easy is it to do non-humanoid shapes with strictly only-CCBS mocs? I'd try out some stuff but I'd imagine the heavy use of balljoints and the CCBS torso limits your options

I find it extremely easy to make non-humanoid MOCs with CCBS, perhaps easier than the old system. Here are some non-humanoids I made with just the new sets. The CCBS torso can be a little limiting in that regard, but it's still very easy to work with.

IetTsFQ.png

How easy is it to do non-humanoid shapes with strictly only-CCBS mocs? I'd try out some stuff but I'd imagine the heavy use of balljoints and the CCBS torso limits your options

I find it extremely easy to make non-humanoid MOCs with CCBS, perhaps easier than the old system. Here are some non-humanoids I made with just the new sets. The CCBS torso can be a little limiting in that regard, but it's still very easy to work with.

What about for Titan-sized MOCs?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

What about for Titan-sized MOCs?

Witch Doctor is a fairly good example that CCBS is excellent for titans. I built my BFTGM entry, Zigben, using alsmot entirely standard CCBS parts, and it turned out pretty well. (The picture gallery has a folder of pictures showing how I built his inner structure, in case you're wondering.)

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

It's as easy as either ignoring the torso piece or using it in a different way.  This was probably my first real CCBS creation, and I don't think I used the torso piece in it at all.  I've also made a couple large heads based around torso pieces.  There's also this, which, while still a humanoid-ish base, isn't exactly standard.

The best thing you can do while building is ignore what pieces are supposed to be. :P

Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

Those creations are so cool! CCBS is really growing on me :)

Good thing I bought a book I needed for a class along with the last of the sets I'd be getting, free shipping is always nice (especially for books that don't always qualify for free shipping).

Edited by Dimension Lord

"She lost in me her credence..."
"But what's normal anyway?"
"Don't walk away... don't walk away..."

I was looking at the Protector of Earth on Amazon but it's $22 (not exact, rounded). I checked the other sets and all the Toa are their retail values, as well as LOSS, but the Protectors are all ranging from $21-$23.

I must disassemble my Toa to make a Toa Nui... when I have time.

*hands Gallifrey a crowbar and a clock*

What do you want me to do with a crowbar, fight Vortigaunts in a steel corridor?

• Upvote 1

I was looking at the Protector of Earth on Amazon but it's $22 (not exact, rounded). I checked the other sets and all the Toa are their retail values, as well as LOSS, but the Protectors are all ranging from $21-$23.

Because those aren't being fulfilled by Amazon, but third party sellers.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 1

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."